The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v1.2.0

• NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all the templars haven't already quit, they will now. 2 months of being the most pidgeon-holed, gimpy, least fun, least desireable class is too much for anyone to take.
  • Jaztica
    Jaztica
    Soul Shriven
    As a player with extensive hardcore PVE progression experience, I am truly shocked at what abilities ZOS' development team thinks should be changed right now.

The current Dawn's Wrath changes are basically whimsical and meaningless. There is a serious, serious problem with endgame balance right now - primarily, nobody wants a Templar or Nightblade dps. A poorly geared DK or Sorc with average skill will significantly outperform a properly geared Templar or Nightblade who min-maxes their rotation.

You need to either nerf abilities like DK's Unstable Flame + Engulfing Flame, or buff abilities like Templar's Dark Flare + Vampire's Bane.

If you want to keep your playerbase active and having fun, the game needs both polish AND balance.
    Edited by Jaztica on June 4, 2014 6:33PM
    Stream: twitch.tv/jaztica
    Twitter: @Karastrasza
    <FORCE>: www.tesoforce.com
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaztica wrote: »
    . A poorly geared DK or Sorc with average skill will significantly outperform a properly geared Templar or Nightblade who min-maxes their rotation.

If you want to keep your playerbase active and having fun, the game needs both polish AND balance.

Partially wrong on the first point, there... a nightblade DOT-specced can keep up with a DK/sorc just fine assuming equal skill level/gear. Templars however cannot, but they are definitely the easiest raid healer in ESO.

As to the second line, couldn't agree more. The problem is most players have little idea what they actually want, and much of what is said is based off of complete misinformation leading to completely baseless opinions. Polish items like this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/107128/can-we-get-third-person-fixed-now-updated and this: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/271juz/class_balance_is_always_an_issue_but_what_about/ are very important, but balance is an ongoing thing that does currently need some work (though not as much as most people seem to believe).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on June 4, 2014 6:31PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.

[*] Bolt Escape: After you use this ability, using it again within 4 seconds will cost 50% more.

Will this stack?
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Hey more nerfs to DK. I freaking quit.

There was only one nerf to the DK and that was a damage over time, the rest of them where buffs. (Like they need any).
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, this is my first official MMO, however I do have long time MMO playing friends who advised me on the best possible advantages for my character, not to mention I have tried many builds and had to respect several times. I am a level 47 Dragonknight Melee dps and let me tell you it is not an easy class to play. I have a level 10 sorc DPS that in my opinion makes solo play much easier. While I don't think it's something to quite over I do find it frustrating. I am not advising nerf's of any class, I just wish there were better options for melee dps. There is a reason why almost everyone I see is now running with a staff in hand. If you don't believe me..... take a look around. For goodness sake I am now leveling a destro staff as my alt weapon -.- I cannot speak as to whether the changes in this upcoming patch will be helpful or not but I fully plan on logging in, checking it out, and leaving constructive feedback. I have perused the forums and seen people from all the classes complaining about certain aspects of character build. We all love our toons and the truth is all classes in this game are a patch away from the possibility of a nerf so I propose understanding and consideration for the feelings of others instead of belittlement and crudity. I hope anyone who has left will come back and that everyone will participate in advising the betterment of the game in a mature and learned capacity.
  • Jaztica
    Jaztica
    Soul Shriven
    Jaztica wrote: »
    . A poorly geared DK or Sorc with average skill will significantly outperform a properly geared Templar or Nightblade who min-maxes their rotation.

Partially wrong on the first point, there... a nightblade DOT-specced can keep up with a DK/sorc just fine assuming equal skill level/gear. Templars however cannot, but they are definitely the easiest raid healer in ESO.

I'd go as far as to suggest a DK/sorc will still have the upper hand in most settings, even if simply because they will be more gear-fed from being in-demand right now. Let's be clear, of course, that all of the above is egregiously omitting the factor of eDPS, whether we're talking burst ST, ST sustain, how many buffs are on the target that %amp certain classes' abilities, etc.

But it's safe to say there is a fairly clear class hierarchy and it's going to take an overhaul, rather than the proliferation one specific rotation or usefulness, to break that community perception.

As a healer I am well aware of how Templar fare, and other things happening in the healing/tanking side of the game. While there are changes I'd like to see in this area, it's not as glaring a matter.
    Stream: twitch.tv/jaztica
    Twitter: @Karastrasza
    <FORCE>: www.tesoforce.com
  • Farrar
    Farrar
    Soul Shriven
    Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): This ability now increases the healing you deal to allies for 5 seconds instead of increasing your shield value.

This has to be the most moronic change have ever seen in a MMORPG, it is so ill thought out the dev concerned has lost it.

Why would anyone use a skill point in this after patch.

And After the patch are the skill points going to be 'freed up' or do we have to use hard earned gold to reclaim it, latter = subs canc!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just letting you know that we are reading your comments and questions, and are working on getting you some answers.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not addressing core NB problems with broken skills and passives.

Still not addressing key broken quests and bosses.

No content for PvE players.

Basically this is pandering to MMO players most of whom have already gone off to other games & throwing TES players under the bus.

It would have been more honest to have just launched an MMO without tarnishing the TES brand.
    Edited by Tavore1138 on June 4, 2014 7:57PM
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    What ZOS says:
    Yeah we now that DK is overperforming right now and we will make some changes on balance like increasing damage of ability X or increasing healing of ability Y for DKs.
    At the same time we also know that NB is underperforming. We will give them increased heavy attack damage while we are nerfing siphoning attacks and soul siphon.

What I understand:
    We have already lost all NB players. Let's just buff other classes while we just make *** changes for NB so that the rest NB players will quit and we can delete the class.

This time you really failed hard.
    Edited by Aziz006 on June 4, 2014 7:59PM
  • Muletide
    Muletide
    ✭✭✭
    Please address the Light Armor/Stave using DK's, not blanket nerf DK's in general! My Heavy Armor/Sword & Board DK-Tank is consistently losing PvE viability due to nerfs coming from PvP/Endgame cries over this OP Pyro-caster DK class.

I love this game and want it to succeed, but the elephant in the room keeps getting ignored: Light Armor/Stave builds of the DK class are whats OP'd.

Lore wise, the Dragon Knight is a form of the Akaviri martial-arts tradition. They excel with one handers, shields, and heavy armor, but not very skilled in the use of magic ( http://tesfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Akaviri ).... Why are the magic based DK's reigning supreme?

Edited by Muletide on June 4, 2014 8:52PM
  • mumok
    mumok
    ✭✭✭
    First of all what is this?

Pick up Armor and Weapons
    Weapons and armor found in the world can now be picked up and equipped.
    These items are low quality, but can be used if needed.
    These items sell for 0 gold.
    These items are upgradeable through crafting.
    These items can be deconstructed, but yield very low inspiration and rarely yield usable resources.

Is this different than armor and weapons dropped from mobs? Boy I hope so.

Second.

Nerf Dark Talons again?!? My god ZOS! I'm usually the one that takes your side on things, but this update is a lazy list of nothing. We are still very early in ESO's life, I thought you would put more energy and momentum in these first updates.

Edit: I do love the new lighting!
    Edited by mumok on June 4, 2014 8:44PM
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHERES THE CHAT BUBBLES?!!
  • Zanderscotxub17_ESO
    There are some good post in this thread and there is ALLOT of bs aswell.

Main problem
    STAMINA BUILDS = WORTHLESS
    This then makes WEAPONS USLESS
    FORCING entire PLAYERBASE to use staves to be effective
    Making MMO melee players unsubscribe because no enjoyment equals a grind not tolerable.

NO CLASS BUFF OR NERF WILL BE EFFECTIVE TILL STAMINA BUILDS ARE FIXED.

My opinion on fix.
    Double stamina effect on weapon damage.
    Remove any weapon cap
    Raise heavy armor hard cap to 70% damage reduction with 5 pieces required

Tweak all weapon skills with new changes

Remember cc breaks are on stamina bar and most stamina attacks are melee they should be able to out damage magika.

Not untill somthing is done to stamia builds can we attempt to balance class builds.
    Edited by Zanderscotxub17_ESO on June 4, 2014 9:08PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mumok wrote: »

These items can be deconstructed, but yield very low inspiration and rarely yield usable resources.

@mumok‌ They are talking about the decorative pieces you see lying on tables and stuff, not loot drops. The reason they are worth so little is to prevent bots from farming them.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • shadowx41
    shadowx41
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks to all the F***ing cry babies my Bolt Escape got nerfed.... how spoon fed do you want to be people?
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    shadowx41 wrote: »
    Thanks to all the F***ing cry babies my Bolt Escape got nerfed.... how spoon fed do you want to be people?
    shadowx41 wrote: »

LMFAO! I'm a scorc and I still don't care!
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS is reading this my suggestion would be, decrease cost of stamina abilities, increase damage, particularly on:
    - poison arrow and morphs
    - cleave
    - blood craze

Also a damage buff to weapon attacks both light and heavy. At the moment, very little single target dps comes from bows and dual wield (I have run every weapon), the highest I get with bow is 400 and highest on dual wield is just over 550. My dragonknight can pull more dps with just dot class abilities and elemental ring...

If a sorc can pull 700 dps with spamming one spell, stamina weapons should be getting 800+ as they are already at a disadvantage cc break and block wise.
  • slayer7800
    If they want to give players more customization options they should remove the respec cost.
  • mumok
    mumok
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    mumok wrote: »

@mumok‌ They are talking about the decorative pieces you see lying on tables and stuff, not loot drops. The reason they are worth so little is to prevent bots from farming them.

Thank you.

• trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Cyrodiil is still the High End of the game, then I expect in this patch:
    - Major fixes addressing the horrible lag we are all experiencing in Cyrodiil
    - Major PvP metagame improvements- currently, most if not all the game mechanics encourage people to pack together for better support, healing, and DPS; please put in place some solutions to counter those groups that constantly PBAoE zerg everything, thus discouraging many players. When stacking together, groups of people are way too strong, and nothing force them to split; for instance, GTAoE CC and damage skills are not powerful enough, and therefore cannot serve as a tool to counter these PBAoE groups. I agree that PBAoE groups should be strong; but they should have a weakness too.
    - Major fixes addressing the magical vs physical combat imbalance. Stamina is used to dodge, block, interrupt, and CC break. In addition to that, physical skills are not as efficient as magical skills: they often cost more and do less damage. And the passive bonuses of the light armor increases this issue. As a consequence, the destruction staff is by far the preferred weapon type for people who want to play a damage dealer in Cyrodiil. This is badly impacting the overall metagame.
    Edited by trimsic_ESO on June 4, 2014 10:14PM
  • Jariath
    Jariath
    Instead of wasting time calling out Group and Solo Instances, how about remember this is an MMO and people who want SOLO content can still go play Skyrim. Why do Designer insist on removing the Multiplayer from Massively Multiplayer online?

While you are at it, fix the constant freezes... you know, the ones when riding along and the game locks up for several seconds... The ones that were fixed three hotfixes before the big patch and then broke again in the hotfix before it. Yeah, still broke.
  • Trisstraeb14_ESO
    I'd like to know the exact values on siphoning strikes. If the devs are unhappy about how much resource we're returning with the ability, can I suggest lowering the damage debuff in exchange? That seems like a fair trade off to me. Overall looks really good, though - happy with the changes to Nightblade despite being a little concerned over Siphoning Strikes which always remains on my bar.
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just letting you know that we are reading your comments and questions, and are working on getting you some answers.

Could you do me a favor and make melee DPS Templars suck less in 1.2?

They don't have to be a great like DK's or Sorcerors are, just not pitiful like they are now would be nice.

Some Magicka regeneration would be nice, perhaps a skill that does that in 1 of the 3 Templar class skills, so we aren't constantly running out of Magicka? Not all of us wear light armor and use a staff you know?

And, how bout some decent AOE skills for both Stamina and Magicka other than Puncturing strikes.
    Edited by Mortosk on June 4, 2014 11:20PM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • Elgarr
    Elgarr
    ✭✭✭
    Still find it funny that in beta and just before launch devs said in a Q&A they would look at resolving templars magicka management problem and finding a fix for it.

All they done since release is now increase our main dps ability cost and made it worse.

Sorry, but i said from the start, zeni should never had made an mmo of this size when they have no experience with them.

So to all those who claimed they would do awesome......

How do you like those apples?

• slaxe
    slaxe
    Soul Shriven
    nothing about thiefs guild and dark brotherhood :(
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farrar wrote: »
    Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): This ability now increases the healing you deal to allies for 5 seconds instead of increasing your shield value.

This has to be the most moronic change have ever seen in a MMORPG, it is so ill thought out the dev concerned has lost it.

Why would anyone use a skill point in this after patch.

And After the patch are the skill points going to be 'freed up' or do we have to use hard earned gold to reclaim it, latter = subs canc!

It literally increased the shield by about 50 points. That means absolutely nothing at endgame. Honestly this just makes a healing DK even more viable with a skill nobody used in the first place.
  • SilentThunder
    SilentThunder
    ✭✭
    •Keep Archers now receive upgraded damage abilities via the Keep upgrades.
    are you freakin kidding here ? the current keep archers hit for 4x the damage they should and you want to make them stronger ??

and
    Dragonknight
    •Ardent Flame •Extended Chains (Fiery Grip morph): This ability’s cost has been decreased.
    •Flame Lash (Lava Whip morph): Increased the damage and healing for this ability’s activated follow-up attack.
    what part of DKs are waaay OP do you people not get they need NERFS not buffs

•Master Assassin: This passive ability now increases spell power in addition to weapon power. Its stun duration increase has also been added to the tooltip.

the very last thing you need to be doing is buffing the currently OP NB magic build its already way to strong. How bout you fix the stam builds first.

this along with NO buffs to the anemic Bow damage is very discouraging.

I am having more and more trouble justifying staying with this game.
    Edited by SilentThunder on June 5, 2014 2:47AM
    Saving you or sending you since 2001
    "The light is strong and man is weak and the world walks in-between" R. Trower
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »
    I don't really care about the DK nerfs. *reads the notes again* Wait, was that even really a nerf? Six of the eight changes look good to me and I don't think us DKs are in need of as many buffs as the other classes.

What I really want is the VR trash mobs to get nerfed so veteran content is finally fun.

I like you.
This discussion has been closed.