The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Boss Camping Has To Be Dealt With

• Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    gharms wrote: »
    PROTIP: if you ban the bots instead of screwing over the entire player base, this problem would go away. I have never seen any more than 3 actual players at a boss if you remove the bots. But once again, why fix the problem when we can penalize everyone instead?

"What's that? Sliver in your foot? Well let's cut that bad boy off!" - ZOS as a doctor

Said like a true "legitimate" farmer. Rage on boys while the rest of the players might finally start enjoying the Public Dungeons. I myself can't wait to log in tonight to see the effects of this.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • selixjm_ESO
    Has anyone considered the possibility that this is getting fixed because of the sheer number of blues people are getting? If each one of those blues goes into the guild store or is converted into oil or hemming or whatever it's more harmful to the economy than it is to your "gaming experience."
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again, cry all you want.. but its obvious that people are sad because their never-ending gumball machine got taken away.

I'm worried that this will only push the bots into the open world where they'll be even more annoying, then ZOS will go and nerf loot in open world as well like GW2 did with diminishing returns.

Only legit players get affected. And it will kill the game, because who wants to pay for a sub when you don't get rewarded?
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone considered the possibility that this is getting fixed because of the sheer number of blues people are getting? If each one of those blues goes into the guild store or is converted into oil or hemming or whatever it's more harmful to the economy than it is to your "gaming experience."

Right on the money.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Today's headlines:

"Camping Farmer Grief"
    as it dawns on them they may have to start playing the game the way it was intended
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »

Right on the money.

are u playing the same game as me what economy there is not one ... there are little false economys controlled by the guilds that operate the stores ...

with out a real server wide auction house there is no economy .. and even if they did have a server wide auction house with the shear population currently .. there would be no economy because of under cutters the guild auction house is a little player pleaser thinking they have some say in the economy lol ..
    if u say for example

gold aspect runes had a 1 % drop rate with the number of players on the server there are literally 10 thousand of those .. imo thats not so rare ... ive brought all the gold aspect runes ready for endgame and i spent 9k ... 9k gold for the best enchantments craftable ... really thats not an economy bro thats stupidity
    Edited by karldavy149b16_ESO on April 15, 2014 10:48AM
  • selixjm_ESO

Right on the money.

are u playing the same game as me what economy there is not one ... there are little false economys controlled by the guilds that operate the stores ...

with out a real server wide auction house there is no economy .. and even if they did have a server wide auction house with the shear population currently .. there would be no economy because of under cutters the guild auction house is a little player pleaser thinking they have some say in the economy lol ..
    if u say for example

gold aspect runs had a 1 % drop rate with the number of players on the server there are literally 10 thousand of those .. imo thats not so rare ... ive brought all the gold aspect runes ready for endgame and i spent 9k ... 9k gold for the best enchantments craftable ... really thats not an economy bro thats stupidity

I'm not entirely sure that any of that was actually English.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found public dungeons to be mostly great except sometimes they are maybe a little too public - maybe instance them for a max of 15 to 20 players? I have almost never got any loot from the bosses and it usually takes about 4 attempts to even hit the boss and complete the dungeon because of the number of other players trying to hit him/her/it too.

I seem also to have an issue with never getting any loot from dark anchors but maybe I'm just unlucky there too. I do them anyway for the completion thing. They are just sort of outside public dungeons anyway.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Right on the money.

if u say for example

gold aspect runs had a 1 % drop rate with the number of players on the server there are literally 10 thousand of those .. imo thats not so rare ... ive brought all the gold aspect runes ready for endgame and i spent 9k ... 9k gold for the best enchantments craftable ... really thats not an economy bro thats stupidity

thanks .. nice to know i struck a nerve

• selixjm_ESO

Right on the money.

if u say for example

thanks .. nice to know i struck a nerve

How can you strike a nerve when I don't even understand you? That's like standing there while some dude is shouting at me in Russian. He sounds angry but you never know. Maybe he's asking for directions. ><
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, all. This is a quick reminder to please be constructive and respectful of one another. It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is not appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    natalia76 wrote: »
    an other idea that is prolly said here already, make bosses in public dungon, scale on how many hits it, for example boss got 100k healt, 10 people hit it the boss goes up to 2 miljon healt, this would make it easier for people to be able to hit it, and make it so you only need to hit the boss to be able to loot it to.

The issue with a system like this would be players hitting the boss once to mark it, and then wandering off and idling for the rest of the fight.

I still like the suggestion I saw a week ago about giving delve bosses a knockback stun effect on spawn that would incapacitate and scatter anyone standing on their spawn point. Though, I suspect this would only cause the bots to switch to bows and staffs.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play the game you want to play it, Live and let Live.
    Everyone has different ways of playing, some people like to be able to farm a boss for nice things.
    If a dark anchor drops I race to farm that, is that wrong also?
    Just because someone plays in a different way to you, doesn't make their way of playing wrong.
    Will this damage the economy? I don't think so, how much can you make from a boss in an hour?
    Boss spawns once every 2 mins (it doesn't, sometime longer any Lute player can tell you) so 30 times an hour.
    boss drops average 2 Items 5 potions and soul gem

30*5 potions = 150 potions @ 3g Total 450g
    30*2 items = 60 items @ (average price 15 -79g) Generous 50g Total 3000g
    30* 1 Soulgem = 30 depends on level But lets say 22g (common soul) Total 660g

So a grand total 4110g per hour.

If you think this is high amount of gold, run around any area of mobs and see how many whites you pick up in 30 minutes, I've filled my bags 3 times in 30 minutes
    90 slots * 3 @ 50g = Total 13500g! I actually made 8900 as most things are not high value! Doing this gives a much better reward in Gold. However what it doesn't do is give me the set bonus I want for my level, I can only reliably get this from boss farming.

I start each zone by doing the dungeons so I can get an appropriate set bonus for my level, then I start questing.
    Is this wrong? If it is, why are there these Set bonuses, as any other way of play would not gift you these until you had out leveled the content and need to change your gear anyway!
  • selixjm_ESO
    Cherryblossom, I killed the same boss five times and got three blues. You can't tell me that's not broken.
    Edited by selixjm_ESO on April 15, 2014 11:09AM
  • gharms
    gharms
    ✭✭✭
    In Today's headlines:

"Camping Farmer Grief"
    as it dawns on them they may have to start playing the game the way it was intended

Again, considering this mechanic is in EVERY MMO, I love how now that you have cried until you got your way, it's now "playing as intended". Read: Playing like YOU like to play, and screw anyone else. You have essentially turned into these same people you claim are "ruining your experience". But who cares as long as it's what YOU want, right? Who cares that you have fundamentally changed how MMOs are normaly played as long as no one else can have what you can't.

LMAO. This mechanic isn't in "EVERY MMO" and how "MMOs are normally played", again you bend the facts to suit you. Here's a fact: your 'hax' to get gold all day by setting a macro running, or just hitting the same skill every 30secs has been nerfed, and you're QQing.

Personally I don't care much for campers/farmers, I do care about the bots. If they make the timer long enough (hours), the bots will not be about.

And if you seriously play this game just to stand in the same spot for hours hitting the same skill every 30 secs or so, then you should find another game to play. Lots of Japanese grindfest MMOs would suit you great I think.

Please. Enlighten js to what MMOs don't involve farming certain mobs for mats or gear. I'll wait. I keep asking for you to provide an example, and the anticamper crowd keeps ignoring it and claiming that now, after they have taken away one of the staples of MMO gaming, that we'll be "playing as intended". So please, tell me the long list of MMOs that don't involve this mechanic and consider it an "exploit".

Also, one of the other posters was right. Ignoring the bots and instead installing draconic measures for all is going to force the bots outside. Now, they'll REALLY be taking all the nodes. What then? Put a timer on node farming too? This is like prescribing cough medicine for lung cancer.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Today's headlines:

"Camping Farmer Grief"

Again, considering this mechanic is in EVERY MMO, I love how now that you have cried until you got your way, it's now "playing as intended". Read: Playing like YOU like to play, and screw anyone else. You have essentially turned into these same people you claim are "ruining your experience". But who cares as long as it's what YOU want, right? Who cares that you have fundamentally changed how MMOs are normaly played as long as no one else can have what you can't.

LMAO. This mechanic isn't in "EVERY MMO" and how "MMOs are normally played", again you bend the facts to suit you. Here's a fact: your 'hax' to get gold all day by setting a macro running, or just hitting the same skill every 30secs has been nerfed, and you're QQing.

Personally I don't care much for campers/farmers, I do care about the bots. If they make the timer long enough (hours), the bots will not be about.

And if you seriously play this game just to stand in the same spot for hours hitting the same skill every 30 secs or so, then you should find another game to play. Lots of Japanese grindfest MMOs would suit you great I think.

Please. Enlighten js to what MMOs don't involve farming certain mobs for mats or gear. I'll wait. I keep asking for you to provide an example, and the anticamper crowd keeps ignoring it and claiming that now, after they have taken away one of the staples of MMO gaming, that we'll be "playing as intended". So please, tell me the long list of MMOs that don't involve this mechanic and consider it an "exploit".

Also, one of the other posters was right. Ignoring the bots and instead installing draconic measures for all is going to force the bots outside. Now, they'll REALLY be taking all the nodes. What then? Put a timer on node farming too? This is like prescribing cough medicine for lung cancer.

I notice you say "Enlighten js to what MMOs don't involve farming certain mobs for mats or gear."

Not "Enlighten js to what MMOs don't involve standing on the spot camp farming a single mob that drops loot every 30 secs or so for unlimited gold and xp"

You know very well the difference.
  • gharms
    gharms
    ✭✭✭
    In Today's headlines:

"Camping Farmer Grief"

I notice you say "Enlighten js to what MMOs don't involve farming certain mobs for mats or gear."

Not "Enlighten js to what MMOs don't involve standing on the spot camp farming a single mob that drops loot every 30 secs or so for unlimited gold and xp"

You know very well the difference.

Hyperbole, much? I make more gold killing mobs in the open world. And anyone farming xp via a single mob that spawns maybe once every 2 mins (30 secs lol) is not playing it right. So basically, you just admitted you can't list an MMO that doesn't involve what you claim is an "exploit". I thought not. Tell you what. I like crafting. Enlighten me on how I can reliably get blue crafting items besides farming bosses. See, you're going to claim I'm crying that I can't get blue materials, but that's how I like to play. According to you, that shouldn't matter that I like to craft, because you like what you want, and somehow your need trumps mine, even though I'm not doing anything wrong. Apparently, you feel that your 15 bucks is worth more than mine. I find it funy how you claim those of us who like to farm for gear and mats are "QQing", but you demanding my playstyle changes to suit you is what? Pot. Kettle. Fail.
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭
    Missed the same point posted above.

Make the bosses scale based on number of players in the area.

Agreed.
    Edited by robert on April 15, 2014 11:47AM
  • jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    I dont mind it happening since its only in public dungeons, which are nothing more than shard runs imo, the proper dungeons are instanced.
  • Mememe
    Mememe
    ✭✭
    Mememe wrote: »

However a sub based game HAS to have a grind in it, to keep people paying to "complete" their character. The never ending carrot on a stick.

As a "real" gamer who has played many MMO's not just single player elder scrolls series. It worries me to see the decisions they are making as an MMO it's not Skyrim anymore.

Since when is standing in one spot swinging your weapon a grind? As a "real" gamer you should know that grinding comes from grinding mobs for xp... you know, killing all mobs in an area? THAT is what a grind is...not this artificial justification of being a lazy *** player and standing in one spot exploiting other people's quest mobs.

What you "farmers" and "real" gamers and "grinders" are doing isn't any of those three. It's complete laziness...ezmode garbage and needed a fix.

Want to farm? Go camp the world bosses, they drop loot too! Oh I know why... because you cant swing once and collect a blue every 2 minutes maybe? You people in here crying that they took your free ride to riches away make me laugh. Go play the game....you know, because its an MMO

People who think farming in an MMO is somehow gamebreaking needs to go back to playing single player games and WoW.

Right... because this was totally farming! lol @ the mindset of this generation of gamers. So sad...
    kinda expected this to happen

You expected it to happen because you know it shouldn't have been like this in the first place..
    Anoteros wrote: »
    Forgetting one simple thing: everyone can play the way they want to.
    Instancing the dungeons is a solution to this .

Sure, play the way you want too. You are forgetting one simple thing though.. this was a very broken mechanic that people were taking advantage of and it needed to stop.

Again, cry all you want.. but its obvious that people are sad because their never-ending gumball machine got taken away.

At that point I stopped reading, as one, it's clear you don't actually read or understand the posts you're quoting. Read slower if it helps. With a more open mind.

Trying to make invalid points (as you haven't actually understood the subject nor read the post you're responding to) and trying to cover up the fact you have completely missed the points with childish retorts.

Two, you're on a rant to make ESO into Skyrim.
    Edited by Mememe on April 15, 2014 11:52AM
  • damien.vandermeulenrwb17_ESO
    Just gonna throw this out there, I know people are gonna hate on me for it, but... meh.

Yeah, grinding is a means to an end for many MMO's, but taking WoW as an example, as the most successful modern MMO, the only things in the game that really required grinding, were daily quests (which weren't really grinding or farming... they were completing quests), dungeons (an instanced group activity) and raids (the same). In roughly 8 years of playing WoW, the only times I recall that I ever had to grind or farm anything was in southern Winterspring in order to get the Eye of Shadow for my Benediction/Anathema staff... also in helping a friend get exalted with the furbolg faction in Felwood for the +15 Agility to weapon enchant. In both cases, the farming locations are pretty well out of the way of people who are trying to complete quests and enjoy the story.

People are saying you need to farm the blues for blue crafting tempers, but you can get them just as easily by refining ore/wood/cloth, and I have even found that deconstructing items that aren't blue can grant green or blue tempers. I haven't farmed a single pub dungeon, yet I have a decent stock of tempers, and my crafting skills are either in line, or ahead of where they should be based on where I am in the quest line. And, I've barely crafted any items. Almost of my skill been obtained from deconstructing items.

The bottom line is, I frankly don't see any reason why people should feel the need to farm the public dungeons.

And to those that enjoy farming, that's fine, but for heaven's sake don't try for a moment to claim that you aren't going against the way the game was intended to be played. I'm not saying that you can't farm or shouldn't, but it is pretty blatantly obvious that the intention is for players to experience the quests scattered around Tamriel.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... but taking WoW as an example, as the most successful modern MMO, the only things in the game that really required grinding, were daily quests (which weren't really grinding or farming... they were completing quests)...

i lol'd, WoW does not contain grinds, it is the incarnation of grind.
  • Rikku451
    Rikku451
    What you call camping, I call legitimate farming for items to break down for crafting mats and trait research. As long as you are at the keyboard there is no problem killing a mob repeatedly in an open world environment.
    Dude, most of these "campers" are bots, it doesn't take a genius to see that.
  • gharms
    gharms
    ✭✭✭
    Rikku451 wrote: »
    What you call camping, I call legitimate farming for items to break down for crafting mats and trait research. As long as you are at the keyboard there is no problem killing a mob repeatedly in an open world environment.
    Dude, most of these "campers" are bots, it doesn't take a genius to see that.

Agreed. Which is why I'm baffled as to why they would do tgis instead of actuslly addressing the problem. That's like growing a tumor out of your head and just wearing a hat to cover it up. If you removed the bots, this would not be a problem. As it is, all this is going to do is force them out into the overworld map.If you think for one second that making this change will suddenly make the bots go away Iinstead of just causing them to adapt, you're daft.

And to the guy who said the only part of WoW that was a grind was dailies.....lol. Just lol. Nevermind mat grinding, rep grinding, ilvl grinding, honor grinding, valor grinding, etc.. nope....just dailies lol.
  • damien.vandermeulenrwb17_ESO
    Kililin wrote: »
    ... but taking WoW as an example, as the most successful modern MMO, the only things in the game that really required grinding, were daily quests (which weren't really grinding or farming... they were completing quests)...

i lol'd, WoW does not contain grinds, it is the incarnation of grind.
    And to the guy who said the only part of WoW that was a grind was dailies.....lol. Just lol. Nevermind mat grinding, rep grinding, ilvl grinding, honor grinding, valor grinding, etc.. nope....just dailies lol.

If you actually read the post, you may actually understand what I'm talking about.

I am well aware of all those sorts of 'grinding' to which you refer, and I spent far too many hours playing that game. But I guess I was not clear enough with my post. I did mention the rep grind for optional factions such as the aforementioned Timbermaw (also of note, the last faction that required open world farming was in BC, the Kurenai/Mag'har factions that I recall), which is the only real farming which relates to this discussion, and even then, only loosely. Most reputation grinding, ilvl grinding, honor/valor grinding is completely irrelevant to this discussion, considering it goes on either as part of quests, or while doing instanced dungeons.

That sort of grinding or farming has no relevance to the discussion here whatsoever. We're referring to the farming of bosses in public areas. iLvl and valor farming is done in dungeons where the express purpose of those dungeons is to obtain gear and valor points. Honor farming is done in PvP instances where... you guessed it, people are there to PvP to get honor (unless you're in AV, in which case people are there to fish). Rep grinding is usually done as part of instancing or daily quests, and the way to obtain that reputation is not by performing the quest objectives, but instead the completion of the quest, as a reward.

I don't recall ever really having to do any mat grinding, most of the mats required for crafting end game items in WoW are either drops from bosses in raids/dungeons, or trash drops. And mining/herbing/etc. in the open world, again is completely irrelevant to the discussion, unless you are standing at the one mining node waiting for it to respawn (which if you did that in WoW, you need help...). edit: Actually there was one, that again, loosely relates to the discussion, which was obtaining Felcloth. /edit

We are talking about killing the single... same... spawn... over... and over... and over... again. And this behavior preventing other players from being able to complete objectives based around the quest content in the game.

Keep the discussion in context, rather than attempting to twist my words to suit your meaning.
    Edited by damien.vandermeulenrwb17_ESO on April 15, 2014 1:28PM
  • Elunthir
    Elunthir
    I have to agree with the OP. I met several times that I could not hit the boss. I am a mage, my fastest skill is the first skill from storm calling line. Quite many times, before the lightening strike the boss, the boss has died. So I have to wait for next boss re-spawn. It sucks big time. I sincerely believe that not all the players there are farming boss, some are just like me, waiting for the lucky shot on the boss and move on. I truely believe that boss farmers/campers destroy other's experience. And I play MMOs, as well as TES game. Those boss campers really turns me down.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I stated in a different thread, I have never had a problem completing a quest where I had to kill a boss that people were farming for loot. Just saying.....
  • mark.coogan_ESO
    Sinoby wrote: »
    My opinion is: the whole idea of publich dungeons is bad, and the way this dungeons are implemented is bad. It is not fun to do 90% of pub dungeons (except for those harder ones with more mobs and more bosses) because you always run into train of other people running through it, getting to the box, instagibbing him and either moving along or staying to farm. Not to mention most of the dungeons have the same layout, I'd expect to have more variety. But in my opinion problem is not the whole "farm of the boss is revarding", but the ammount of people allowd in same instance of the dungeon. I would lower it to 4 max and crenked the dificulty of mobs up a fair bit, so the dungeon doesn't fill like a walk in the park.

This - it's a basic design error when you allow a zerg of players to rampage through content that is tuned for a single person. It further trivializes already easy content, blocks access to that content to other players and generally makes for a poor gameplay experience. Putting systems in place that manage/control/limit predictable 'MMO mentatlity' behaviour (like boss farming) is part of making a successful game - and ZOS's inexperience in this space is clearly showing here.
  • SinisterJoint
    SinisterJoint
    ✭✭✭

Lol "exploit". I don't think that word means what you think it does. Funny part is, as shown by these forums, YOU are the minority. Why a developer would listen to the wishes of the overly whiny minority is beyond me. And "farm like intended"? According to who? You? See, I have a plethora of MMOs that back my assertion that this is part of the game. You have a healthy helping of butthurt and an opinion passed off as fact. How does one "farm like intended" when what I need to farm is not available almost anywhere else but the method you cried like a baby about until it got "fixed"? How dare us players who pay as much as you do be able to play like we want to, right? Has to be your way or no way. And before you spout the reverse of what I said back at me like a dyslexic parrot, my way is the popular and time tested way. Yours is the "if I can't have it, no one can" way.

Lol farming, I don't think that word means what you think it does.

What plethora of MMO's have named mobs that spawn at an accelerated rate due to new players approaching a room??

OH THATS RIGHT NONE! your assertion sucks apparently...

This is the fact that you, now the "whiners", simply do not care to see. Sad but true. Blues only drop from pub dungeon boss's? Interesting, I just got one last night off a trash mob in the open world after FARMING for 10 minutes.

Nobody is saying you cant play how you want, but what exactly is your time tested way? oh dear lord gharm, king of nothings, be so kind to bless this forum with something other than what you keep repeating over and over and over and over again..

You can say it ten thousand times, guess what, it doesn't matter because it still was an exploit. Just because you don't care to admit it, doesn't make it any less true.

So dial down your name assaulting because all it's really showing is that YOU are the butthurt whiner.

gharms, it's obvious that you refuse to see what the issue is in the way the mechanic is broken.

Again, its not the farming, its the fact that the names spawn at an accelerated rate because of new players approaching the room. Being in denial does not make it any less true.
    Edited by SinisterJoint on April 15, 2014 2:24PM
  • Elunthir
    Elunthir
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Took me a good 10 minutes to get a hit on the boss in Silumm because of campers. Not sure how many were bots and how many were legit players though.
    I have an alternative suggestion to OP's timer idea; since these dungeons are so small, it wouldn't take very long to re-run them. So, how about, whoever gets a successful hit on the boss gets phased to a "dead boss" layer when the boss dies. They can then loot the boss, but the boss won't spawn again for them because they are in the "dead boss" layer. On exiting the majority of these delves, you have to activate some switch or lever to get you past the exit gate and back into the entry corridor. In this suggestion, activating that exit switch would phase you back into the "live boss" layer, at which point you can go and kill the boss again, loot him again, rinse and repeat.
    In this way, farmers would be able to farm the boss for loot as many times as they like, but wouldn't be able to camp the spawn point, allowing other players to enjoy their dungeon experience. This keeps the people attacking the boss at one time on a constant cycle. The only downside to this is that people who want to farm would need to traverse the dungeon again, but they're so small this wouldn't be a major issue. (Not for me, at least.)

It is kind of good solution. I believe it could stop botters as well. If they could scale the boss to the number of players around him as well, would be nicer. I sincerely believe that real farmers won't mind to rerun the dungeon again, which they could get some loot from normal mobs as well.