Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-Progress Known Issues

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Below are some of the in-game issues we are currently working on fixing. Note that this list is not everything we’re working on, just the highest priority ones.

General
  • Botters - We are continuing to improve our process and security behind-the-scenes for combating botters in-game. This is an ongoing work in progress that we are fully dedicated to. Please keep in mind that we cannot go into detail on the various actions we’re taking to combat botting, as doing so could put our game and security at risk.
  • EU Server Lag – Some of you have been experiencing latency while playing on the European megaserver. This is something we are aware of and are actively investigating.
  • Achievements – We are aware that some of you are having trouble acquiring all the achievements for Shadowfen and other areas. We plan to have this fixed in our next patch, and you will receive any previously missing achievements retroactively.
  • Eidetic Memory - Some of you may be missing books from your Eidetic Memory Collection. We are aware that this is an issue, and are currently working on a fix.

Gameplay
  • Nightblade – We have many fixes coming to the Nightblade in our next patch, including fixes to abilities and passives that weren’t working properly, and adjusting the responsiveness in high-intensity combat. We’ll continue to monitor the Nightblade after we push these fixes live.
  • Weapon Swapping – We’ve seen your feedback that weapon swapping lags during combat, and we are currently testing a fix that significantly improves the responsiveness. As this is caused by a number of different factors, we want to be confident in the change before pushing it live.
  • Passives – We found that some passives would stop working when you die, including many of the vampire passives. These will be fixed in our next patch.
  • Werewolf Ultimate Pack Leader – Many of you have expressed concerns that this ultimate is not working properly. We have identified the root cause of this issue, and it will be fixed in our next patch.

Quests
Below are some quests that we have identified specific issues with and are working on fixes for. We’ll push the fixes live in a future patch as soon as they’re ready. Keep in mind there are many more quests that we’re working on, and this list is not all-inclusive.
  • A Walk Above the Clouds
  • Castle of the Worm
  • Halls of Torment
  • Haunting of Kalari
  • Master of Leki’s Blade
  • Will of the Council
  • The Army of Meridia
  • The Dangerous Past
  • The Den of Lorkhaj
  • The First Step

Update - 5/19/14

We've been keeping a close eye on this thread and on the forums in general, and wanted to let you know where a few other common issues currently stand:

Cyrodiil Loading Screens - We know many of you have been plagued with long loading screens when trying to enter Cyrodiil. We're happy to say that this will be fixed with our next patch.

In addition, we are currently investigating the following issues:
  • Broken world bosses, including Lesser Circle in Alik'r and Summoner's Camp in Bangkorai
  • Issues with Provisioning, including finding low-level items in Veteran Rank containers
  • Getting stuck moving slowly in combat
Remember, the issues we're listing out in this thread doesn't include everything that we're working on, just some of the more prevalent issues. Thanks for your continued patience!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • hajee
    hajee
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your continued response to our concerns.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum glitch.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 15, 2014 3:50PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hajee wrote: »

Um ...

@ZOS_GinaBruno THE MOONLIT PATH

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/86507/the-moonlit-path-blocking-progession#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/96991/patch-1-0-8-failed-to-fix-the-moonlit-path

BROKEN FOR WEEKS totally game-breaking as everyone it affects is blocked from Coldharbour DOESN'T GET A MENTION!

I know you say the list isn't exhaustive but if a game-breaking bug doesn't make it then W-T-F.

And LMAO: "A Walk Above the Clouds"

Clearly it's not broken for the flying bots.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 15, 2014 3:51PM
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

Um ...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/86507/the-moonlit-path-blocking-progession#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/96991/patch-1-0-8-failed-to-fix-the-moonlit-path

BROKEN FOR WEEKS totally game-breaking as everyone it affects is blocked from Coldharbour DOESN'T GET A MENTION!

I know you say the list isn't exhaustive but if a game-breaking bug doesn't make it then W-T-F.

The way bug bashing works in game development is weighted on the number of players it is effecting which can lead to lower priority even if the issue is severe.

You've got to understand that unfortunately there are quite a few bugs that still need ironing out and the devs are the only ones that have the numbers to weigh them.

Also...it's important to use the bug reporting feature, especially for serious issues because it helps the devs weigh the numbers of those effected.

Don't just assume that because it's a serious(or obvious problem) that you shouldn't need to report it.

TLDR; A less severe issue that effects many more people can be a higher priority than a more severe issue that affects fewer people. The devs are the only one's with the numbers for those effected and they primarily get those numbers from bug reporting.

Edited by Tyr on May 15, 2014 4:30PM
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you even know which quest that is? It's in the Rift and is an optional side quest that will make the final battle in the zone easier if you complete it. I'm not sure what that has to do with bots?

It's also the only bugged quest I currently have in my journal so I'm looking forward to completing it. :p

Thanks for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno‌, pretty much all of these have been issues for me and I'm eager to see them fixed.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • bryanz.v12prerb18_ESO
    bryanz.v12prerb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Are guys working on cap bones too? or is he still buged? I haven't been able to kill him since the very begining of the game
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina, especially happy to see weaponswap addressed here.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Community Manager

Um ...

We are currently testing a fix for that quest after we found that it was still having issues after patch 1.0.8. Once the fix is verified, we'll roll it out for everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um ...

We are currently testing a fix for that quest after we found that it was still having issues after patch 1.0.8. Once the fix is verified, we'll roll it out for everyone.
    Okay, thank you ,if that had been posted earlier in one of the several threads on that specific quest then we'd have known it was being actively pursued.

Thanks.
  • Oberon
    Oberon
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Werewolf Ultimate Pack Leader – Many of you have expressed concerns that this ultimate is not working properly. We have identified the root cause of this issue, and it will be fixed in our next patch.
    Many of us have expressed concerns that being in Werewolf form under any circumstances represents a significant dps and survivability loss.

Even if transforming were free, it is never, ever worth using. The entire skill line is badly in need of a complete redesign.

The only reason to have Werewolf at the moment is to slot the Werewolf Transformation ultimate so that the passive Blood Rage will function. This expends a precious ultimate slot that under no circumstances whatsoever will ever actually be used.

The devs have been tinkering with Werewolf (without exception to reduce its effectiveness, which is not possible for a skill line that is already awful), but they need to lose the "game designer hubris" on this one and just redo the entire line from scratch. Sometimes a bad design is just bad. This is one of those occasions.
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    Two world bosses need a fix too: Summoner's Camp in Bangkorai and Lesser Circle in Alik'r Desert, as well as the ability of finish Bangkorai quests :3

I'm so glad to see the community is being listen to :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • ruzlb16_ESO
    ruzlb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What about the billing issues?
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    What about the billing issues?

I think this topic is more for in-game issues, though I agree, it is a total pain in the arse.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • Lilth
    Lilth
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting these fixes. My husband and I are enjoying the game, even with the bugs, but we were getting frustrated at the non working passives, combat lag, and quest bugs.
    I believe in you guys and that you will keep the fixes coming. Love the game and I want to see it around for a long time.
    This is just a test........ if this was an actual sig, you would have been mildly amused..........

• Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Eu server lag??? hmmmm wonder why that could be? Could it be per chance this is because the server isn't in the EU???. Move it!
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the updated list and communication. This is exactly what the community would like to see more regularly.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are guys working on cap bones too? or is he still buged? I haven't been able to kill him since the very begining of the game

The only achievement I don't have in Ebonheart Pact :disappointed: Would really like to see this fixed up.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Lilth
    Lilth
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to ask this question =x and I haven't seen any feedback on this yet. You guys decreased the drop rates and types of drops looted from chests, bosses etc..due to bots but now 90% of the chests, wardrobes, baskets, etc..are empty. Is this intended or is it a bug? I like to explore and find items and over the past two weeks there is no real reason to explore these things =( This is Elder Scrolls where exploring and finding cool items and stuff is encouraged. Same goes for the bookcases.

This is just a test........ if this was an actual sig, you would have been mildly amused..........

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good lord!

If the NB fixes work I am going to have more fun!
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ thanks for the update- most certainly looking forward to the nightblade fixes, especially stamina related skills and abilities as well as medium armor etc. those of us who dont think using a staff and robes (i.e., being a sorc wannabe) is the only solution are definitely looking forward to utilizing our Nightblades and not just a Nightmage.
    Edited by Sylveria_Relden on May 15, 2014 7:48PM
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ thanks for the update- most certainly looking forward to the nightblade fixes, especially stamina related skills and abilities as well as medium armor etc. those of us who dont think using a staff and robes (i.e., being a sorc wannabe) is the only solution are definitely looking forward to utilizing our Nightblades and not just a Nightmage.

I play mine as a nightblade personally ;). VR5 and breezed through AD, entering EP now with him. People need to look at broader specs than just "light armor spam swallow soul" or "med armor light-attack spam siphon". :)

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Cyrodiil Issues as of 6/3/2014
    - Massive Lag since Craglorn patch.(Still bad lag on "Laggajack" NA and some other campaigns.)
    - Forward Camps and other Siege bugging out frequently
    - Caltrops granting Immunity to Siege Weapon Damage
    - Massive Faction Imbalances in Most Campaigns / Several Dead Campaigns
    - Mercenary Mage Spam (sometimes causing them to go invulnerable)
    - Players exploiting Keeps/Scrolls through DK Chain Pulls to go around defenses

Yay Zenimax is doing things.
  • Ingwe
    Ingwe
    Yet again, no mention of any PvP issues.

Not to be rude, but they did say that they are working on a couple of things, I am sure they are aware of it and they are working on it. Just because they didnt mention it doesnt mean they are not aware of it or working on it.

What I have learnt this past couple of years with online gaming is that if the dev's say something the general populace holds them 100% to it. So i can understand that they sometimes not say something until they can say something. (if that makes sence) :smile:

• Goblynlord
    Goblynlord
    Soul Shriven
    Very Awesome! Pretty much everything that annoys me or currently hinders my gameplay is on this list of issues you are working on. Botters, Shadowfen Achievements, Nightblade Bugs, Weapon Swapping, and Broken Passives. Thanks for the heads up.
  • severilous
    severilous
    Soul Shriven
    Ariane wrote: »
    Two world bosses need a fix too: Summoner's Camp in Bangkorai and Lesser Circle in Alik'r Desert, as well as the ability of finish Bangkorai quests :3
    These have been bugged for so long I had to LOL. It's not like its a side quest that is hard to find. These are mobs that nearly EVERY PLAYER in that zone will come across. It's ridiculous, really.
    Edited by severilous on May 15, 2014 8:55PM
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    Faith well earned and faith well placed. The next patch sounds exciting!

Cyrodiil has some problems at the moment. Disconnects, crashes and whatnot. It's certainly not as widespread as before (given what my guild says) - but it can be temperamental at times. This week's been pretty bad in terms of the load screen of death (EU, people from multiple continents).

If you guys could fix the load screen issue at lot more of these problems would become much less frustrating. Consider the following two scenarios (post-crash/disconnect/desync/whatever):
    • Restart the client and join in the fight. - or -
    • Restart the client, hit an infinite load screen, ALT+F4, restart the client, hit an infinite load screen. Repeat 5 times.

The load screens are really exaggerating all the other Cyrodiil issues. I would see a lot of very happy people in my guild if you guys pushed a patch for this!
    Edited by zazamalek on May 15, 2014 9:15PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ingwe wrote: »
    Yet again, no mention of any PvP issues.

Not to be rude, but they did say that they are working on a couple of things, I am sure they are aware of it and they are working on it. Just because they didnt mention it doesnt mean they are not aware of it or working on it.

What I have learnt this past couple of years with online gaming is that if the dev's say something the general populace holds them 100% to it. So i can understand that they sometimes not say something until they can say something. (if that makes sence) :smile:

Not only that, but they also ARE working on pvp-related fixes like the weaponswap problem with combat already, they just said in the OP here.

✭✭✭

[*] Eidetic Memory - Some of you may be missing books from your Eidetic Memory Collection. We are aware that this is an issue, and are currently working on a fix.
    [/list]

TY this is a problem i have had and TY for looking at my post about it! :D

ALSO for the WW ultimate. it seems to reset itself sometimes. i have only been able to use it twice since i got it last week. so i cant level my WW due to this issue. think u could look into it? all the other ultimates dont reset but the WW one does. like i could get to say 50% and still be killing stuff and then it would reset on me by about 55 or 57%. so can you please look into this? :D

• Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info @Zos_GinaBruno. I am so glad the alpha morph, for the werewolves, will be fixed. It would be awesome if werewolves could transform at will though, just like feral druids. :D
  • wwraver
    wwraver
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, lets get real here, Zenimax, ok? I'm absolutely dumbfounded by the below statement.

- "Some of you have been experiencing latency while playing on the European megaserver."

Some of you?!? Do you even know what impact the distance between Europe (you know, as in European server?) and the US has on latency? Playing with 150+ ms with an already clunky combat system is absolutely horrible. I believe the future for your European ventures will rest on how quickly you move the server to.... drumroll.... Europe!
    Edited by wwraver on May 15, 2014 10:03PM