Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

And another block bug...

• mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while sheath weapon animation, start spaming bar swap for 5-6 seconds
    It doesn't always work, though.

Reminds me of the old block bug: when if you spam block for 20-30 seconds the game disconnects you from server ) So it's not critical, but it still needs to be fixed.
    Edited by mocap on December 6, 2022 7:32AM
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy to see the Block issue listed in the new patch......just to find it completely broken again. :( This is a pretty stinky bug; it is so easy to do if you use Light Attack to dismount and swap bars, like I often do. Definitely going to be using the Block button to dismount from now on. Why is Block taking so long to fix? It's been frustrating to do vet dungeons since and trying for no-death runs is a gamble. I can't wait for Stadia to get dropped so we don't have to constantly wait so long for updates to things like this :/ My multimonth ESO+ finally lapsed and I won't be getting it again for a while until things are ironed out to some degree. I have other games to spend that money on that won't end in frustration.
    Edited by Natakiro on December 6, 2022 7:23AM
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • SaintJohnHM
    SaintJohnHM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our vCR2 team tonight had to have players port out and back in again to "fix" the bug. Players are tired of the constant frustrations.

Can someone from ZOS tell us quickly why we shouldn't give up?
    • Casual PVE player PC/NA
    • Tank CP2400 'Sugar-Flame'
    • I've completed all the dungeon trifectas. Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, and looking for nice folks to complete more trial achieves with.
    • I make music: http://www.moonghostband.com.
  • Panchaea
    Panchaea
    ✭✭✭
    Either this game is officially on maintenance mode while ZoS wastes its efforts on a new MMO IP (yeah, good business decision, mate. You have a popular IP and you run it into the ground with Crown Store predatory tactics and mismanagement in game design and performance) or this is a symptom of the QA team mobilising for unionisation (would link but I'm sure the post will be deleted, I wonder why.).

Sadly all the game's issues will be ignored or covered up by #ESOFam posts blessing the game and demanding that you buy more Crowns.

How long do we have to wait for another fix integral to gameplay?

• Ch3mical_92
    Ch3mical_92
    ✭✭✭
    Does the new situation change anything with tomorrows console patch? Like will there still be a patch if it doesn't fix anything?
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panchaea wrote: »
    Sadly all the game's issues will be ignored or covered up by #ESOFam posts blessing the game and demanding that you buy more Crowns.
    Exactly this and it sometimes get to really ridiculous levels and the best, they are even not payed, are they?

Btw. seeing how ESO is treated since a while now I am even wondering how many ESO players would play another MMO made by ZOS?

• Panchaea
    Panchaea
    ✭✭✭
    Panchaea wrote: »
    Exactly this and it sometimes get to really ridiculous levels and the best, they are even not payed, are they?

Btw. seeing how ESO is treated since a while now I am even wondering how many ESO players would play another MMO made by ZOS?

Exactly, that's the fallacy they've driven themselves into. How are you supposed to trust them after everything that's happened, particularly when they can't fix certain game breaking issues when they're promised to us?

ugh.
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the new situation change anything with tomorrows console patch? Like will there still be a patch if it doesn't fix anything?

I dunno well how console patches work but I think that there must be some approval process (from Sony, MS ...) for it (so two weeks) so i don't think that they can just change something in the approved patch for consoles even if they can find issue and fix it today (and because they still count with Stadia, for PC nothing too).
    Pls correct me if I am wrong thanks.

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 6, 2022 5:43PM
    Really sorry for my english
  • hodgodeb17_ESO
    hodgodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So, how we supposed to tank nowadays? Was minor block bug, but after fix - that's major bug. I hope at this week you will make hotfix to fix what was broken with previous hotfix.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, how we supposed to tank nowadays? Was minor block bug, but after fix - that's major bug. I hope at this week you will make hotfix to fix what was broken with previous hotfix.

One one bar tank build exists. No idea how viable it is these days. I myself should explore one bar builds because sausage fingers make accurate bar swaps bit a pain but I have some trouble in caring any more and have procrastinated.

Edited by rpa on December 6, 2022 9:26AM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish there was a company that we could report these things too; like I wish Sony could do something, for example.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was a company that we could report these things too; like I wish Sony could do something, for example.

Oh really, do you want a silver plate with that as well? You expect that a thing you purchased and probably spent hundreds of euros on to be relatively stable and to actually enjoy it? Bah! Of course not. Here it's the wild-wild west. [snip]

[edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 6, 2022 12:17PM
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully there will be a hotfix soon for this bug. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin ?
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Csleia wrote: »
    beer781993 wrote: »
    I wonder which color the next guar will be

The red, green and blue use 8 bits each, which have integer values from 0 to 255. This makes 256*256*256=16777216 possible colors.

And judging from recent patch and bug stats ZoS will need every single color for apology guars in the future.
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    Weeks over weeks of $ lost in subscriptions, 2022 was a real nightmare.

@devs: this time, when it is, bring a gift along with the fix.

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lixen wrote: »
    Step to reproduce: have weapon sheathed, press light attack and immediately after press bar swap (same speed as light attack skill weaving or faster works). block will be bugged and cannot be fixed without zoning (porting within the zone or reloading ui doesn't fix it)

Just tried this myself and reproduced it in one attempt. Showed my partner and they were able to reproduce it in one attempt as well.

Agreed. Both I and my partner were able to easily reproduce this last night with no trouble at all. Other than the trouble of not being able to block, that is.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

While we can confirm we have fixed the original issue with block, we identified the cause of this new blocking issue that went live with yesterday’s incremental patch. This issue most commonly occurs when attempting to swap weapons while weapons are being drawn or sheathed, preventing you from blocking again until zoning or relogging.

We are working on a fix now and want to take some time to thoroughly test over the next couple days to ensure things are stable; unfortunately, the fix for this issue does require another new client build and is not something we are able to hotfix. It will also be present after the console incremental patch on Wednesday.

We understand how frustrating this is for everyone, including us. We’ll let you know as soon as possible when to expect the fix but expect it to be on or around December 19.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow I don't trust this "thoroughly" anymore
  • Zand3rs
    Zand3rs
    ✭✭✭
    Please for the love of god dont let this bug be in game for weeks, i will cancel everything that has to do with this game if it takes more than a day. You guys have already ruined my trials for weeks,, i was so looking forward to this fix [Snip]
    Hi everyone,

While we can confirm we have fixed the original issue with block, we identified the cause of this new blocking issue that went live with yesterday’s incremental patch. This issue most commonly occurs when attempting to swap weapons while weapons are being drawn or sheathed, preventing you from blocking again until zoning or relogging.

We are working on a fix now and want to take some time to thoroughly test over the next couple days to ensure things are stable; unfortunately, the fix for this issue does require another new client build and is not something we are able to hotfix. It will also be present after the console incremental patch on Wednesday.

We understand how frustrating this is for everyone, including us. We’ll let you know as soon as possible when to expect the fix but expect it to be on or around December 19.

Thank you for this update. Even tho it sounds and feels really bad, i only wish you take one thing from this mess with you.

Please do better quality control in the future.

Thank you!

[Edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 6, 2022 6:24PM
  • zbzszzzt123
    zbzszzzt123
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

How can we trust this “thoroughly” anymore when the last patch to fix block, which took 5 weeks, had the exact same wording
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We understand how frustrating this is for everyone, including us.

Is it though? I know you're just the messenger, but I don't buy this at all. When was the last time the developers actually played this game? And I'm not talking overland or base game content, I'm talking vet DLC dungeons and trials. Not even HM, just vet DLC. They should have seen this with their own eyes if any testing was actually happening.

Players have been telling you about bugs on PTS with all the feedback systems you have given us and they still go live, time and time and time again, and it genuinely feels like not a single public face actually cares. When can we expect another guar to shut us up this time?

You guys can't even write a few lines of text for a Q&A about U35's mistakes and/or reasoning where you are picking the questions you ask yourselves. How can we honestly trust anything you say any more?

Oh, and this is from the perspective of a PC player. This bug has been live on console for a while, apparently, but it wasn't until PC got it too that you actually noticed. How do you think console players feel about you?
    Edited by thejadefalcon on December 6, 2022 3:02PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for this very prompt update. I understand that a hotfix is not possible if the client software must be updated and sincerely hope this will be fixed soon.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

It will also be present after the console incremental patch on Wednesday.

The block bug that causes permanent inability to block has been console since you released fire song. You ignored all console posts regarding this. You guys are not listening. The patch you released for console was different than the one you released for pc. We have had the roll dodge block bug AND the permanent inability to block since release. Stop ignoring console.
  • Chef42
    Chef42
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how a core combat mechanic, like being able to block, can be broken for a minimum of 7 weeks, and the company that makes the game views that as acceptable. I love this game, but this update has been an abject failure, and not just for the blocking issue, but for everything else that has been broken. If this were earlier in the year we would be halfway to the next update already. Its cool though, I'm sure the next guar pet will make up for it.
    Edited by Chef42 on December 6, 2022 3:12PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

I can understand the second bug slipping under the radar despite being on console earlier, because reports of this new bug probably got lumped in and classified as duplicates of the old bug. So what we needed was a timely fix to the old bug that was partially masking the new bug.

But instead of a timely fix, we had to wait 5 weeks for "certification". And for what? "Certification" is supposed to be an extra QA pass, right, to assure Google that the game is stable. With all the crash bugs that slipped through, we can see just how useful this "certification" is. Instead of delivering a better experience for players, this "certification" delivers an objectively bad end-user experience.

And all for what? What did ZOS gain by sacrificing the freedom to push out client fixes as needed? A handful of players on a platform that was doomed to fail from the start? Responsiveness to fixing game bugs are clearly worse ever since Stadia. You gave your paying customers a *** experience for years over this Stadia business decision.

I, for one, will be happy when Stadia finally dies next year. Good <expletive> riddance. And there had better be a return to the old cadence and responsiveness for fixes once that "certification" excuse is put to rest. I don't want these pathetic apology guars. I want you to do right by your players.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 9, 2022 12:42PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who even blocks anyway ?
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • GreenDay
    GreenDay
    ✭✭
    this is cringe...
    Now I understand why people go to other games
  • Ch3mical_92
    Ch3mical_92
    ✭✭✭
    We understand how frustrating this is for everyone, including us.

Wanna grab a free Guar pet to reduce all the frustration and stress those blockbugs create?
  • d.schaerb16_ESO2
    d.schaerb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    expect it to be on or around December 19.

Dear Gina and ZOS
    do you understand what you are doing? It cant be that gamebreaking bugs dont get fixed ASAP! raidgroups dissolve and players who came back leave immediately after a few raids. If your intention is to kill ESO, you are on the right path.
  • raystormusa
    React wrote: »

Workaround: Mount up. Press sprint. While sprinting, press light attack. You'll be dismounted and you will be able to block again.

Its just occurred to me that the community has found a workaround, which could also work for future bugs, but ZOS / Devs seem disapproving of such workarounds (mounting in instanced content) and these will probably be gradually removed in future.

U36 - Public Dungeon Crow's Wood points the way.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/621883/playstation-patch-notes-v2-38-1-20-firesong-dlc-update-36#latest
    fuowdr5gzall.png