The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

And another block bug...

• FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

While we can confirm we have fixed the original issue with block, we identified the cause of this new blocking issue that went live with yesterday’s incremental patch. This issue most commonly occurs when attempting to swap weapons while weapons are being drawn or sheathed, preventing you from blocking again until zoning or relogging.

We are working on a fix now and want to take some time to thoroughly test over the next couple days to ensure things are stable; unfortunately, the fix for this issue does require another new client build and is not something we are able to hotfix. It will also be present after the console incremental patch on Wednesday.

We understand how frustrating this is for everyone, including us. We’ll let you know as soon as possible when to expect the fix but expect it to be on or around December 19.

What on earth?!

HOW can anyone justify letting this be broken for another 2 weeks? Does anyone, literally ANYONE that works for the company understand how absolutely frustrating this is to play with?

In your basic trials, it's just a frustrating time sink. In pvp, or anything upper level, it's killing people and also their motivation to play!

What is wrong with this company? Make an exception and push a fix through, you know, like you said you would back when you originally brought stadia on board.
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair to the devs. I don’t think there’s enough of them to handle the issues. Hopefully the QA dept unionizing will allow them
    To negotiate for more workers to be hired to help. I’m so frustrated. Don’t even want to log on. But at the same time I feel bad, they need help and the overhead company is pretending like everything is fine while they drown.
  • RupertVandy
    RupertVandy
    ✭✭✭
    They don't need another approval and certification process. There's systems in place to roll back bad patches on these platforms. They can literally revert us back to the not as bad block bug we dealt with for 5 weeks already. I'm not entirely sure who is left running things over there but I can only assume they have a sizable short position against microsoft.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

While we can confirm we have fixed the original issue with block, we identified the cause of this new blocking issue that went live with yesterday’s incremental patch. This issue most commonly occurs when attempting to swap weapons while weapons are being drawn or sheathed, preventing you from blocking again until zoning or relogging.

We are working on a fix now and want to take some time to thoroughly test over the next couple days to ensure things are stable; unfortunately, the fix for this issue does require another new client build and is not something we are able to hotfix. It will also be present after the console incremental patch on Wednesday.

We understand how frustrating this is for everyone, including us. We’ll let you know as soon as possible when to expect the fix but expect it to be on or around December 19.

Just to be clear. By "we can confirm we fixed the original issue with block" what you mean is you actually re-introduced the bashes-cancelling-inputs bug, whose bugfix apparently caused the block dropping bug, right?

Reverted a change made to fix an issue with Heavy Attack inputs being cleared by bashes, as this fix was causing the recent bugs with block being cleared after dodge rolling or bashing.

So after 5 weeks of a core function being broken, your "heavily tested" solution was to revert a bugfix, bringing back the old bug to fix the new one. But you somehow also introduced the perma disabled block bug, which has apparently been on console for weeks, to PC.

@ZOS_RichLambert When do you guys start "doing better"?

@ZOS_MattFiror How is that code rewrite going?
    Edited by React on December 6, 2022 4:56PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thx for the info... I'll pause my prog group until you guys fix this and then will see. I basically only login for that so that's no ESO for me for a bit...
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    :/
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    Will the Iceheart mask drop also be extended since completion may be a bit more challenging for some?

I built a temporary oakensoul shield tank last night, will try it out in vet dungeons tonight. (Should allow us to equip more than one mythic)

When ZOS gives you bugs, you run a naked trial or dungeon, as you're gonna die anyway.

Watched a vDSR last night with new block bug, watched them complete a vDSR, they just couldn't do the HM.

There are ways to avoid stuff, the thing is we shouldn't have to come up with a creative work around. Plus the occasional crate or pet as a "sorry" is weak, other games gives two arms and a leg for the smallest down time or bug issue, why are you so stingy? Do you not care about a whole community of company income?

I feel for you Gina, it's gut wrenching and stressful working customer service for a company division that dubs the loyal fan base as 2nd rate citizens to a potentially new game with no guarantee of success, since people will read of the shortcomings that company is putting toward this current game. At least you get to work from home, so you can scream as loud as you want of the frustrations you're dealing with, but then put up a fake smile and laugh when the camera turns on for work and twitch streams. I don't envy you, but hopefully your own pleas with the company finally gets proper attention so you can come back with great news for everyone here hurting from an understaffed game divisions' failures.
    Edited by dkblight on December 6, 2022 5:48PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who worked tech support and customer service for nearly two years, I can say that this is probably as frustrating for Gina as it is us. Not only does she have to tell us what her bosses tell her she can, she's also the one who gets yelled at a lot for things she can't fix or do anything about. It's like getting yelled at by an internet customer that their bill is too high when you work in tech support and literally can only tell them responses management has deemed acceptable and transfer them to the right department. Ultimately people being upset when things go belly-up is to be expected but people should temper their frustration and direct them at the correct source.

That being said, it really is something that we keep having these big issues. This year really has been one of the worst for the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno Considering the last time all we got for shoddy performance was a dinky Pet, could you maybe pass on to the higher-ups that these apology letters are empty words and that Pets aren't a fitting or acceptable compensation? There really needs to be some sort of apology package made for players, things like retired Mounts, Crown Crates, Crown Gems, Seals of Endeavor (in actual large amounts), Tel Var, Alliance Points, high-end potions, gold, Houses, crafting mats...a package full of stuff that can appeal to everyone's play styles to truly apologize for how bad things have been this year. A single Pet is more of a slap in the face than anything; it's like leaving a few pennies or a bit of loose change as a tip. It's worse than not getting anything, because it feels contemptuous.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

19th is unacceptable. This is combat breaking. I realize the game wants to be housing, cosmetics, card game and crown shop; but it once was about combat
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Two more weeks - 7 weeks in total - of broken block, literally a core combat ability. Is just completely unacceptable.
    Is it still Stadia validation that is restricting us to this inane two-week patch cycle? The platform is dead! Pull the plug on its life-support early if you have to to get this fixed. There is no excuse for the game being in this state for this long!
    We pay to play this game. We're not getting what we paid for. Is ZOS going to refund/comp a month of ESO plus? It's at the point where I'd consider that the minimum acceptable apology.
  • Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    This is done so that players can use the companions as tanks. Because the companions do not have a broken block.
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, things are looking worse than I imagined... I feel bad for ESO :/
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    There really needs to be some sort of apology package made for players, things like retired Mounts, Crown Crates, Crown Gems, Seals of Endeavor (in actual large amounts), Tel Var, Alliance Points, high-end potions, gold, Houses, crafting mats...a package full of stuff that can appeal to everyone's play styles to truly apologize for how bad things have been this year. A single Pet is more of a slap in the face than anything; it's like leaving a few pennies or a bit of loose change as a tip. It's worse than not getting anything, because it feels contemptuous.
    I'll accept an apology in form of primogems or platinum, thank you very much.

• ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

After review, we have removed and edited a handful of posts. While we understand that players and members can be upset about the currently known issues that are being investigated and fixed (the information on that can be found here), we do ask that all posts be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the rules that we have in place. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    expect it to be on or around December 19.

Dear Gina and ZOS
    do you understand what you are doing? It cant be that gamebreaking bugs dont get fixed ASAP! raidgroups dissolve and players who came back leave immediately after a few raids. If your intention is to kill ESO, you are on the right path.

December 19 is the definition of "ASAP" As long as Stadia is supported, patches cannot possibly come faster than that.

It took the QA team and dev team at ZOS less than 24h to notice a bug, identify what causes it, and fix it. That's pretty fast and efficient. They did a good job!

Now imagine how frustrating it feels to be called lazy or incompetent despite doing your job perfectly, and on record time, just because third-party bureaucracy mandates your fixes be delayed for 2 weeks.

I know it's frustrating. I hate it too. It's a restriction that only exists to protect Google's bottom line, so they're not held liable for any patches that may cause instability on their hardware. I can't wait for Stadia to go away, so we no longer have to deal with these waiting times.

The bug existing is 100% ZOS fault. But the bug being unfixed for 2 weeks has little to nothing to do with how competent ZOS is.
    Edited by Marto on December 6, 2022 6:27PM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not commenting on the business aspect of this bug, but if you want to run dungeons and trials as tank you very much can do so. Confirm you can block before pull and you'll be fine. I ran trials all evening yesterday and was unaffected the whole time. Once or twice a raid member got the bug as they entered the instance and had to leave/reenter to correct but that was about all there was to it.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    pelle412 wrote: »
    I am not commenting on the business aspect of this bug, but if you want to run dungeons and trials as tank you very much can do so. Confirm you can block before pull and you'll be fine. I ran trials all evening yesterday and was unaffected the whole time. Once or twice a raid member got the bug as they entered the instance and had to leave/reenter to correct but that was about all there was to it.
    1. You can get the bug mid-fight, I had multiple failed vet dungeon boss fights because the tank lost block mid fights and had several organizes trials this week cancelled because of this issue.
    2. If you're in a battleground you are getting rekd. You can not change instance or do anything to fix it. If you get it you're a goner my guy
    3. If you're in Cyro and you get the bug where you're constantly in combat (oh wouldn't you know it, another bug which can't bother to fix) you can't do anything, you have to relog
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Until issues like this are fixed, make the Crown Store free.

Or something.

Instead of writing apologies or handing out useless pets that can't even block, I expect something that hurts where it counts - at the bottom line that the accounting department will notice.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Until issues like this are fixed, make the Crown Store free.

Or something.

Instead of writing apologies or handing out useless pets that can't even block, I expect something that hurts where it counts - at the bottom line that the accounting department will notice.

Not just pets but pets which are the ugliest creature available. If they gave us something which looked nice or gave us an option sure. But here's a thing which looks like an abomination.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    expect it to be on or around December 19.

Dear Gina and ZOS
    do you understand what you are doing? It cant be that gamebreaking bugs dont get fixed ASAP! raidgroups dissolve and players who came back leave immediately after a few raids. If your intention is to kill ESO, you are on the right path.

The bug existing is 100% ZOS fault. But the bug being unfixed for 2 weeks has little to nothing to do with how competent ZOS is.

This bug exists on console since the launch of u36. Enough said. Throws that argument into the water.
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By December 19, people who decide to start playing WoW today will be tanking Mythic+ dungeons and raids.
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    2nd guar pet when?
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zastrix wrote: »
    You can get the bug mid-fight, I had multiple failed vet dungeon boss fights because the tank lost block mid fights and had several organizes trials this week cancelled because of this issue.

Sorry to hear that. I have yet to be able to reproduce the bug mid combat. I tanked vCR HM all evening last night and as long as I confirmed block worked before pull, the issue never materialized for any of us (12).

• Gendizer
    Gendizer
    ✭✭✭
    New tank meta - roll dodge.
  • Lellandra
    Lellandra
    ✭✭
    Upset is an understatement and waiting 2 weeks for another fix is a jest.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    nedimgndu2ah.jpg
  • arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hello, i think i can give you hint - maybe this new block bug has to do something with tri focus passive and a ice staff. I had issues with it before last update - here is more info - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622417/bugged-tri-focus-passive-might-be-related-to-screwed-block#latest
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gendizer wrote: »
    New tank meta - roll dodge.

4foodsqwc7s3.png
    Apparently this is BIS for anyone who blocks atm.
    Edited by BlakMarket on December 6, 2022 8:04PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For more than 10% of the year, the game has been buggy and near unplayable for a lot of players. Raid groups have folded, and players have quit.

The response so far has been completely unacceptable. Pony up the money, and push through certification, as there are procedures for fixing game-breaking issues with Stadia/Sony/Etc without the 2-week delay... Pay the overtime.

What's even more unacceptable is the fact that some posters are still defending the actions at this time. Incredulous.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    arch1t3ct wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hello, i think i can give you hint - maybe this new block bug has to do something with tri focus passive and a ice staff. I had issues with it before last update - here is more info - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622417/bugged-tri-focus-passive-might-be-related-to-screwed-block#latest

Extremely helpful to everyone else in the meantime so thank you for this. Posted two weeks ago and so if they are monitoring that forums section than they are obviously a couple weeks behind at the very least which is a shame as you have the players doing much of the leg work in identifying and even offering solutions for the dev team.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my