The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

And another block bug...

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ralamil wrote: »
    It's that there is STILL a major, game-breaking bug around block

I would not consider the current issue to be either major or game-breaking, esp. since it existed without notice prior to U36. Yes, it's a bug, and it would be nice to be fixed, but I've yet to see anyone run into it outside of contrived tests that are not representative of actual gameplay.

There were serious block issues for the first 7 weeks of U36. But this is nothing like that.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    You know all in all, I'm doing trials still and doing dungeons be they normal or vet HM still...I get hit harder a few more times than usual, but get content done including no death runs. Am I awesome at the game...uh...hahahah no, I make due always seeing how I can improve without following lame meta.

People complain to validate themselves, everyone who knows me knows I complain to justify my existence in this world, so I too complain. Not pointing fingers and saying you can't complain, but continued relentless backlash, is not getting the code fixed any faster.

Evidently they lack the staff to mull through the code as I imagine going line by line of 26 million lines of code is mind numbingly painful.

Personally I don't see the block bug happen often for me, I'm not actively recreating it, I'm just doing randoms on my tanks or healers as people are scared I guess as random dungeon pugs take awhile to proc on tank and healer to say how much this block issue has scared players. You die more often, I mean, ok....adapt? Temporarily change your build to lower cost of dodge roll and add more stamina, add more barriers, put the wild hunt ring on and dodge aoe better.

Changing a word for language rules...but "Stuff Happens," report all you can of what you think activates it, maybe pool all the things you can find in everyone's posts, get a Player based "stuff happens" crew to test stuff as clearly the other games being developed take point and we are getting a viciously stressed skeleton crew. I'm sure anyone who works has dealt with a skeleton crew situation, so should know the horrors it has on a person. I mean, the staff trying to fix this are people too.

But whatever, some people love to voice their words of frustration a lot...I mean A LOT, like I didn't know we could have houses in the forum as some people just live here.

If you wanna continue to play this game under the known issues and need help in game to find things to do in game or whatever, I'm happy to help yah, for like 4 out of my 6.5 years of the game(before diving more into trials, vets, and pvp) I spent most of my time finding stuff to sell as I enjoy the merchant life. I play tanks and healers, so my tanks can take a hit more or less and my healer can heal through it, but I imagine for squishy DPS this issue is annoying...So I will try my darnedest to spam heals with no regard to timers and taunt everything I can so nothing hits you. Please though, do run off to the far reaches of the map and then say why am I dead...really...you don't know why?????

Happy Gaming.

***Although with months of continued frustration, I would certainly raise the concern to the bosses up high, that a guar pet is not going to cull the players disappointment in the game and how it's been handled, skeleton crew or not. Perhaps a notable house release with no efforts on the player's side like events where we all have to do our part for a reward, just a flat out NICE notable house. That house in blackwood is pretty nifty, the one with the fountains or a free notable house voucher so people who often buy the notable houses have an option. Needs to be a grand gesture though or people are going to feel even more outraged.

Just my opinion, this whole post is an opinion, no need for anyone to get bent out of shape...like ignore me...you're very capable of doing that.
  • Duane
    Duane
    ✭✭✭
    BeeKing wrote: »
    The current state of the block bug is mildly inconvenient at worst and can be remedied by bar swapping if you happen to get it. The sky is, in fact, not falling.

It can be frustrating that it is not completely fixed, but it is in a much better state after today's patch and should not prevent anyone from doing any content.

Not when you PvP and get hit by a 20k spec bow to the brain because block was bugged lol
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    We raided for 2 hours today and nobody complained about block issues.

The repro that people are talking about today is a bit contrived--you generally don't sheathe your weapons in combat, and as people often cast skills to prebuff before combat, people generally don't start combat by light-attacking to unsheathe.

It's a scenario that I imagine most people will never run into in actual gameplay. And the only reason we're seeing it is because it was being used to reliably replicate the more serious form of the bug that is indeed gone after today.

Yeah, while I understand the frustration, it doesn't actually sound like a big hurdle to raiding, so there's that at least.

It's not just today's blunder.

A lot of us are frustrated bc block hasn't been working properly for almost two months now, and we just keep getting told by ZOS to wait and told by other players that it's fine or not that big of a deal.

Endgame population in PvE and PvP is dwindling away and stuff like this just makes some of the remaining few question why we even bother with ESO anymore.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Yeah, while I understand the frustration, it doesn't actually sound like a big hurdle to raiding, so there's that at least.

Everyone's conveniently forgetting PvP exists... :sweat_smile:

Idk I haven't noticed block bug in pvp even once so far, so while I'm sure it's there, I think the going in and out of keeps, mounting and dismounting, and siege clears the bug out often enough that its less noticeable in the first place.
  • BeeKing
    BeeKing
    ✭✭✭
    Duane wrote: »
    BeeKing wrote: »
    The current state of the block bug is mildly inconvenient at worst and can be remedied by bar swapping if you happen to get it. The sky is, in fact, not falling.

It can be frustrating that it is not completely fixed, but it is in a much better state after today's patch and should not prevent anyone from doing any content.

Not when you PvP and get hit by a 20k spec bow to the brain because block was bugged lol

Like I said, you can just bar swap now and its fixed. No more stuck in combat , no more stuck with block bug. Its a non issue.
    Edited by BeeKing on December 20, 2022 1:55AM
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    You’ve spent weeks on this fix and you got the note wrong?
  • DemonicGoat
    DemonicGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/clip/TolerantSquareCougarCeilingCat-V55qIj3peK0hXFLC

Looking at this clip in hindsight is thought provoking.

Gina carefully chose her words when talking about the bug.
    Please be sure to share your experiences regarding ESO with all your friends and family during the holidays this year. Word of mouth is one of the strongest,most effective tools we have as consumers.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As some of you have noted, your character can get into a temporary bad state by performing any action that cancels sheathe or wield animations

What was again the reason to introduce the slow unsheathing of weapons some patch ago?
  • Csleia
    Csleia
    ✭✭✭
    these are not the bugs you are looking for
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone's conveniently forgetting PvP exists... :sweat_smile:

Yeah, let’s get wrecked by our opponents while trying some bar swapping gymnastics instead of our normal rotations! And what about the Oakensoul users who are locked out of bar swapping? How do they fix it?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this is really caused by unsheathing weapons and we have to wait this long to get a fix, how about revert that ridiculous change that made our characters draw their weapons so ridiculously slow? That change took place some time ago, was a terrible thing to .
    vgabor wrote: »
    As some of you have noted, your character can get into a temporary bad state by performing any action that cancels sheathe or wield animations

What was again the reason to introduce the slow unsheathing of weapons some patch ago?

I would like to know the reason for that as well. It is instant death in PvP if you take damage in Cyrodiil when sieging.

You have to remember to draw weapons first before using healing skills or you die.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MajorProblem
    [...]
    We are working on a fix now and want to take some time to thoroughly test over the next couple days to ensure things are stable;
    [...]

Whatever they had promised you, it must feel like a shot in the back now.

They are closing down threads asking about how testing is carried out, so be careful around this topic.

My comment is not about testing as such. It is about the Community Managers being at the front line and trying their best to communicate and moderate between ZOS and the players. They rely on information given by -whatever department-. They were obviously promised two times that ZOS would do it right "this time™". Gina communicated the "spark of hope" to the already angry player base, again, only to log in after the patch and see what happened to that promise. That does not only reduce trust from players, but also from loyal employees and that's not a good thing at all, for neither of us. It's sad, to say the least.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for some of the devs though. Imagine designing a dungeon as cool as Graven Deep and then watching a team of colleagues turn the game into a meme by not fixing a core game mechanic for two months.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Csleia wrote: »
    these are not the bugs you are looking for
    Jedi has spoken! 🤣
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Yeah, let’s get wrecked by our opponents while trying some bar swapping gymnastics instead of our normal rotations! And what about the Oakensoul users who are locked out of bar swapping? How do they fix it?
    I can't really speak for Oakensoul since I don't use it, but the bug triggers from any form of barswap while doing some other specific actions (e.g. unsheathing). You can also trigger it occasionally by getting stunned while attempting to barswap, so, while rare in PvE, it can be something that happens more in PvP. It's more likely that Oakensoul builds will be blissfully unaware of the issue.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • manaholik
    manaholik
    Soul Shriven
    Somehow, I think, that this quote from 1967 may be relevant

“I mean, what do you do, when you find that things are not what you were taught they’re supposed to be? What do you do with the desperation that boils up from your stomach when you know there’s a road out there with your destination at the end of it, but it’s too damned dark to even find the road? You turn and turn and turn around like a dog trying to escape. Shrieks in the cavity of your head that so urgently needs to be filled with facts and challenges.”
    ― Harlan Ellison, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

and also

"I have no mouth. And I must scream.”
    ― Harlan Ellison, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

I was so so hopeful for yesterdays bug fix but alas. i thought that third time will be the charm... but hey, maybe next time... or the next... i don't know why im still staying optimistic
  • Tendoshii
    Tendoshii
    ✭✭✭
    Knee jerk reactions... while not unexpected, they are still tiresome and disappointing.

I get it, change is scary. At the same time though, a little trust would be much appreciated. At least experience the actual changes before guessing and going off the deep end...
  • TooWeak2Live
    TooWeak2Live
    ✭✭✭
    Tendoshii wrote: »
    Knee jerk reactions...

Yeah, right.

They broke block 2 years ago very badly and never completely fixed it.
    They broke it again more recently and never completely fixed that.
    They broke it very badly again in U36 and maybe kinda reverted that one thing, after two attempts, but nobody is quite sure.

But sure, the reactions are all "knee jerk". Do you even know what that means?
    Edited by TooWeak2Live on December 20, 2022 1:29PM
  • DemonicGoat
    DemonicGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knee jerk reactions...

Yeah, right.

They broke block 2 years ago very badly and never completely fixed it.
    They broke it again more recently and never completely fixed that.
    They broke it very badly again in U36 and maybe kinda reverted that one thing, after two attempts, but nobody is quite sure.

He was referencing this:

Please be sure to share your experiences regarding ESO with all your friends and family during the holidays this year. Word of mouth is one of the strongest,most effective tools we have as consumers.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knee jerk reactions...

That entire post was a quote from a Great Philosopher.
  • DemonicGoat
    DemonicGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    Knee jerk reactions...

That entire post was a quote from a Great Philosopher.

Remind me to never hire a great philosopher as a creative director.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi.

There have been a few more bashing and conspiracy theory comments that had to be edited and/or removed from this discussion. Please remember to remain civil and constructive when giving feedback. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I know several people who have stopped playing ESO because of various bugs, both in PvP and trials. Bugs that have been around for several months are being ignored in patch after patch, even if they have been reported.

I can understand their frustration and I am one of those that advocate that instead of having so many various content releases each year, stop two each year (at least) and only focus on fixing bugs.

Now I do know that tracking and fixing bugs is really advanced so it takes a lot of time and testing, but I feel that the community would appreciate if there would be more focus on fixing bugs and performance issues, more than new content.

Now about the block bug. They never said it would be fixed. What they said was that they would reroll it to before earlier patch and then take a look at the issue. From what I can understand, its very rare that people are as severely affected by the block bug after that reroll.

A friend of mine main tank several progression groups and he have never had a problem at all, despite its existence. For him it was more annoying with healing only affecting 4 people in the group than 6, and he as a tank was excluded most times xD

Anyway, now most people have taken a break with playing and raiding until after New year so I hope we will hear some good news when people want to start their activities again.

I do however feel like fixing bugs is always a butterfly effect xD

Its kinda always a betting chance that for fixing 1 thing, five other things break that one can not understand the connection between xD

Anyway,

I hope you all stay warm and stay safe.

Happy Holidays!

x
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
  • Gurthug
    Gurthug
    ✭✭
    Also can't heavy attack straight after blocking. Character just freezes until you release the button and try again (just returned to ESO today, I won't be staying!)
    Gurthug (PS5) - Imperial StamDK
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    Is it known if the block state can sometimes persist even when the key is not pressed anymore?
    I had this a few times in PvP situations and was wondering if it is part of the block bug or something on my end (also a returning player here).