Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I remade the map - this time, everything is perfect

Vylaera
Vylaera
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT: Since this thread keeps getting bumped due to discussion, and the maps here in the original post are outdated, I'm adding this top section here with the finalized map and updates on the state of the addon. The original post has been kept unchanged but has been spoiler tagged at the bottom of the post. It's still definitely worth reading, as it explains a bit about why I made this and links to a previous forums post with even greater explanation.

Here is the Final map (still a wip) and a gif comparison to the current in-game map beneath it, plus the Eltheric Ocean map (more on that later)
Accurate_World_Map_8k_revised.jpg
accurate_world_map_comparison.gif
Eltheric_Ocean_map.jpg

This map is part of a fully functional addon myself and Thal-J are working on jointly as a fan-made fix to ESO's atrocious map. The addon is currently still in development, but the map itself has been finalized, and Thal is finishing up the code to make it functional.

FULL CHANGELOG (click to expand)
General:
  • Entire map redrawn from scratch with no trace of the vanilla map left
  • All zones have been slightly edited to be consistent with their zone maps
  • The coastlines where zones don't currently exist have been given extra detail and reshaped to align with the Anthology map. Some Inspiration from Tamriel Rebuilt was taken for Morrowind.
  • The entire map, zones included, has been changed to better reflect the shape of Tamriel and positioning of cities and landmarks (like Stormhold) on the Anthology Map
  • A new Eltheric Ocean map has been added so that the Systres (High Isle, Amenos, and Galen) can be properly placed according to prior maps

Map visual changes:
  • Moved Cyrodiil and reshaped it according to its zone map
  • Moved Vvardenfell where it should be, as both cities of Old and New Ebonheart (the latter doesn't exist yet and will be where the crafting area in Vivec is in ESO) are supposed to be directly across the Inner Sea from each other
  • Moved Bleakrock Isle to its canon position in the mouth of the Yorgrim River
  • Moved Eastmarch out of where the Velothis should be and aligned it based on TES V
  • Moved The Rift out of where the Velothis should be and aligned it based on TES V
  • Moved Shadowfen out of Arnesia (southern Morrowind)
  • Moved Craglorn out of Skyrim and back into Hammerfell where it belongs and reshaped it according to its zone map
  • Moved Wrothgar to reshape High Rock according to its silhouette on Anthology
  • Moved Stormhaven to reshape High Rock according to its silhouette on Anthology
  • Moved Glenumbra to reshape High Rock according to its silhouette on Anthology
  • Moved Rivenspire to reshape High Rock according to its silhouette on Anthology
  • Moved Balfiera to reshape High Rock according to its silhouette on Anthology
  • Moved Grayhome closer to Western Skyrim
  • Moved Hew's Bane east according to its positioning on Anthology
  • Moved Summerset closer to Auridon according to its positioning on Anthology
  • Moved Auridon slightly North according to its positioning on Anthology
  • Cut off Eastmarch's nub since, in lore scale, it would not be that far into the Redoran arm of Morrowind or take up that much space on the map
  • Cut off Deshaan's nub because it was ugly and to be consistent with Eastmarch
  • Added the Niben River and its offshoots: Corbolo River, Larsius River, Panther River, Reed River, Silverfish River, and Blackwood Lake
  • Added the Strid River and the beginning of the Crescent River (which should be the Xylo river but ZOS got it wrong and put the Xylo deep inside Malabal Tor)
  • Added the Yorgrim River in Eastmarch
  • Added the various unnamed large rivers to Black Marsh
  • Added the Isle of N'Gasta next to Stos M'kai
  • Added the third island to The Chain, south of Hammerfell as well as a few smaller islands in between for detailing
  • Added Herne and Cespar, Southwest of Hammerfell
  • Added Tempest Island at the mouth of the Strid river
  • Added Eyevea north of Summerset
  • Added Dranil-Kir quest island by Auridon
  • Added Silatar quest island by Auridon
  • Aded the four unnamed islands south of Valenwood which are present on all prior maps of tamriel but missing in ESO
  • Added Grand Topal Hideaway island
  • Added Fort Grief island in the Niben Bay
  • Added Japhet's Folly north of Winterhold
  • Added Volkihar Castle island north of Western Skyrim
  • Added an island off the coast of Rivenspire that exists on prior maps as well as ESO's beta maps but is missing in the current ESO maps
  • Added Sword's Rest Isle (High Isle prologue island) west of Daggerfall
  • Added the Dellese Islands chain back to Balfiera
  • Added the Earth Forge in between Bangkorai and the Reach
  • Added an icon for travel to the Eltheric Ocean map, where the systres will be
  • Removed Dragonhold island which was south of Southern Elsweyr (since it explodes)
  • Reshaped Bravil in Cyrodiil
  • Reshaped the Imperial Isle in Cyrodiil, ignoring the game map to align with the canon shape from TES IV and the Anthology Map
  • Reshaped the Brena River which forms the start of the Cyrodiil-Hammerfell border
  • Reshaped Stirk according to its zone map
  • Reshaped Topal Island according to its shape in Blackwood and Southern Elsweyr
  • Reshaped Solstheim according to its shape in TES III Bloodmoon (TES V Skyrim's solstheim got lobotomized and is ugly as sin)

General Addon Changes:
  • Added Firemoth island as a mini zone
  • Added Balfiera as a clickable zone
  • Added Icereach as clickable zone
  • Added Grayhome as a clickable zone
  • Added Sword's Rest Isle as a clickable zone
  • Added Tempest Island as clickable zone
  • Added Fort Grief as a clickable zone
  • Added Dranil Kir as a clickable zone
  • Added Silatar as a clickable zone
  • Added Eyevea as a clickable zone
  • Added Stirk as a clickable zone
  • Added the Earth Forge Wayshrine
  • Added the Eyevea Wayshrine
  • Added new Eltheric Ocean world map, where the Systres will be
  • Added the option to enable lore tooltips for zones
  • Added the option to correct a few Zone and Wayshrine names to be lore accurate
  • Added Blackreach to the Aurbis map
  • Moved Artaeum, which is part of the Summerset Isles, to a more coherent position on the Aurbis map
  • Moved Clockwork City, which is in Morrowind, to a more coherent position on the Aurbis map
  • Moved dungeons and wayshrines to lore accurate positions

ORIGINAL POST HERE:
On Monday, I made a post here on the forums called I fixed the map, now it's ZOS's turn. I had edited the map to fix Morrowind and a few other areas on the map that are wrong. But there were still areas that weren't fixed and the edits were somewhat sloppy. It didn't look great.

So I decided to completely remake the map.

I started by taking the edited map I had made, and traced all the borders, coastlines, islands, etc. and grabbed a free to use worn paper texture to use as the base for my new map. I cut away the ocean and used the old map's ocean because it looks good and I didn't feel like remaking the ocean too. I then redesigned the borders of Craglorn and Cyrodiil based on their actual zone maps, which are accurate. I lined them up properly based on the anthology map outline I had made prior, which was the guide for the original edit. Then I spent the next day making it look good. Adding the highlight around the edges, grabbing each individual zone map and placing them over the zone cutouts and doing the necessary edits, adding burn marks to the paper to match the original map's aesthetic, and ended up with this finished product.
Redone_Tamriel_Map.png
as you can see, it's more detailed and doesn't have that rough edited look the other one did.

Here is a gif comparing the current in game map, the edited map I made on Monday, and the redone map I made after, so you can better see the differences.
map2.gif

Now this is where I have to ask a favor of everyone reading this. If you or someone you know knows how to make UI addons for ESO, I would be very happy if you could send them my way. I would love to put this map in game and have it be seamlessly functional, but I don't know anything about coding in LUA, or any computing language for that matter. I'm a graphics person, not a coder. I have confirmed that the changes to the world map I envision are absolutely possible, I just do not know how to do it myself.
*added strikethrough to the spoiler since the addon is already in development and that definitely wasn't a finished product.

Thank you for reading and feel free to comment your thoughts below.
Edited by Vylaera on May 27, 2022 5:22AM
Vy • lae • ra
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is wonderful to see caring people who are trying to improve this universe. Great job!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, I always thought Craglorn was impossibly oversized. Also nice to see the rest of Morrowind not being eaten by Skyrim, along with a properly-shaped Cyrodiil.

I really hope ZOS's art team is looking at this. I'd love the in-game map to be representative...

It looks great!
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all coming together
    eso64_2021-08-25_14-56-38.jpg

To do
    1. Remove the player location arrow from the tamriel map
    2. Make new highlight textures
    3. Move the highlight intractable areas to the correct locations

Progress will resume when the thunderstorm over my house leaves.

And mind my reshade making it bloomed out and orangey, it looks great in the world but it really messes with the UI.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I, for one, would love to see an addon for this, but I'll still hope that they'll actually fix this officially.

Edit: And yeah, reshades tend to do that to the UI. :( But it looks good with your progress!
    Edited by Sephyr on August 25, 2021 8:51PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, you sure work fast! This one is even more amazing! I think you just created the most accurate map of Tamriel so far.

You know, now that the map is probably as good as we could possibly hope it could to be, it's sad to see all the issues that were created by the old bad map that can't be fixed anymore without reworking the old zones.
    The Reaper's March gate to Cyrodiil doesn't line up with the Western Elsweyr Gate in the Cyrodiil zone, but everything else already checks out so nothing that can be done about that.
    Then there is the whole Stonefalls mess with the road leading to the Rift when it really shouldn't. That one can at least be made to work somewhat if we pretend the road doesn't lead into the ocean now and the Velothi coast - or whatever that area is actually called - connects those roads and has a mirror of fort Virak north of that road, protecting the Redoran lands agains the Nords the way Fort Virak would protect Stonefalls, rather than protecting all of Morrowind.

Interestingly, within a margin of error, your new map put Earth Tear Cavern pretty much exactly where it needs to be for Azra's Crossing to be in the location it (seems) to be in the Elder Scrolls 6 teaser. So, I count that as an absolute win!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously.... absolutely AWESOME!
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all coming together
    eso64_2021-08-25_14-56-38.jpg

To do
    1. Remove the player location arrow from the tamriel map
    2. Make new highlight textures
    3. Move the highlight intractable areas to the correct locations

Progress will resume when the thunderstorm over my house leaves.

And mind my reshade making it bloomed out and orangey, it looks great in the world but it really messes with the UI.

I kind of need this in my life.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it, amazing work!
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Then there is the whole Stonefalls mess with the road leading to the Rift when it really shouldn't.
    I just pretend the mountain pass between the two regions is really really long. It helps me sleep at night.

Also, thank you and everyone else for the compliments! I've been up since 3am so I'm going to bed soon. I'll resume work tomorrowind and, depending on how difficult and tedious it is to move the interactable map highlights, I should be able to finish it relatively quickly.

Then I'll do some bug tests and release it on esoui and nexusmods and link it here and in the other thread.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t shadowfen exclusively in black marsh ? Meaning it should be a bit further south?
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Isn’t shadowfen exclusively in black marsh ? Meaning it should be a bit further south?

You are right, there is some weirdness there still.
    The datamined pre-Alpha map of Tamriel shows this eastern part planned as the "Southern Marsh" and judging by the map of Arena the zone seems to be half-Morrowind and half Blackmarsh. Note that the pre-Alpha map is an even more painful version of the map we currently have in ESO, so take it with a few grains of salt.
    It seems like Stormhold has been moved north relative to the coastal formations in the east and the Morrowind-Blackmarsh border now likely curves south around that area.
    This change doesn't seem to affect anything though. Tear and Thorn are still on that bay opposite to each other and the area around Tear has already been described as a very hot and humid region due to its proximity to Blackmarsh. It's definitely an interesting area the way it is now with the orthodox Dres heartland from Tear clashing against the Argonians of Thorn and the Thornmarsh.
    Ideally ZOS should expand that area a bit more to the east to give the Thornmarsh a bit of breathing room from Tear and its plantations, allowing it to be a full chapter and not just a DLC. The Dres definitely deserve an in-depth exploration as (apart from House Sadras) they are the least fleshed-out of the Great Houses and the theme of slavery can't be missing from that, so the proximity and ambiguity of the Blackmarsh border makes it ideal.
    cart_esoAlpha.jpg
    AR-map-Morrowind_towns.png
    AR-map-Black_Marsh_towns.png
    Edited by Ratzkifal on August 26, 2021 2:01AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The datamined pre-Alpha map of Tamriel shows this eastern part planned as the "Southern Marsh" and judging by the map of Arena the zone seems to be half-Morrowind and half Blackmarsh. Note that the pre-Alpha map is an even more painful version of the map we currently have in ESO, so take it with a few grains of salt.
    It seems like Stormhold has been moved north relative to the coastal formations in the east and the Morrowind-Blackmarsh border now likely curves south around that area.
    This change doesn't seem to affect anything though. Tear and Thorn are still on that bay opposite to each other and the area around Tear has already been described as a very hot and humid region due to its proximity to Blackmarsh. It's definitely an interesting area the way it is now with the orthodox Dres heartland from Tear clashing against the Argonians of Thorn and the Thornmarsh.
    Ideally ZOS should expand that area a bit more to the east to give the Thornmarsh a bit of breathing room from Tear and its plantations, allowing it to be a full chapter and not just a DLC. The Dres definitely deserve an in-depth exploration as (apart from House Sadras) they are the least fleshed-out of the Great Houses and the theme of slavery can't be missing from that, so the proximity and ambiguity of the Blackmarsh border makes it ideal.
    cart_esoAlpha.jpg

I made a map idea of the telvanni penninsula last year

1DvoopMkSlXa2a3Sqhz-r0NYidtwcpceO-E30xoBJ1J3A5Eg_XguerX2MPPzYXuw.png

Telvanni Peninsula locations:

City (North): Firewatch
    City (South): Necrom (Main Hub)

Village (North): Karrthor (Karththor Heights)
    Village (Middle): Gorne
    Village (South): Dragon Glade

Camp (North): Reaver Camp
    Camp (South): Machine Warrior Camp

Fortress: Port Telvannis

Ruined Fort: Helnim’s Wall

Farm: Greenheight Farm

Forest: Amber Forest

Crafting Spot (North): Coastal Cropping

Crafting Spot (Middle): Steam Outflows

Crafting Spot (South): Swamp Cavern

Wayshrines (top to bottom):
    Telvanni Isles Wayshrine
    Firewatch Wayshrine
    Gorne Wayshrine
    Helnim’s Crossing Wayshrine
    Necrom Wayshrine
    Vulgate Wayshrine
    Dragonglade Wayshrine
    Amber Forest Wayshrine

Group Event Spots (top to bottom):
    Telvanni Isle Launching Station
    Helnim Pass Launching Station
    Greenheight Launching Station
    Vulgate Launching Station
    Dragon Glade Launching Station
    Amber Forest Launching Station

World Bosses (top to bottom):
    Llandoril’s Den
    Sea Captain’s Last Stand
    Overgrown Launching Station
    Hound Pack
    Dwemer Excavator
    Stranded Cliff Strider Nest

Trial: Sheogorad

Public Dungeon:
    Kemel-Ze
    Necrom Necropolis

Unmarked Main Quest: Nchuthbtham

Delves (top to bottom):
    Rotting Hollow
    Irkindzel
    Mzin-Mzual
    Bcharnzel
    Netch Herd Caverns
    Eagle Moor Run

Points of Interest (top to bottom):
    Tel Sunna
    Dwemer tower
    Miramer’s Spot
    Ruins of Marog
    Vulgate construction site
    Wreck of the Tear
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cart_esoAlpha.jpg

Telvanni Isles Wayshrine
    Firewatch Wayshrine
    Gorne Wayshrine
    Necrom Wayshrine
    Vulgate Wayshrine
    Dragonglade Wayshrine
    Amber Forest Wayshrine

Llandoril’s Den
    Sea Captain’s Last Stand
    Hound Pack
    Dwemer Excavator

Public Dungeon:
    Kemel-Ze
    Necrom Necropolis

Delves (top to bottom):
    Rotting Hollow
    Irkindzel
    Mzin-Mzual
    Bcharnzel
    Netch Herd Caverns
    Eagle Moor Run

Tel Sunna
    Dwemer tower
    Miramer’s Spot
    Ruins of Marog
    Wreck of the Tear
    Cool, a little off topic, but cool. Doubt much if anything of it will be made canon though, aside of what already is canon of course.
    Also the zone does look kind of small compared to its size on the map, but that might just be the scale of the symbols being off if it's intended to be larger. Think about how massive Blackwood is. Your zone looks like half that size, although you do get the benefit of not having public dungeons and trials taking up map space.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

cart_esoAlpha.jpg

Telvanni Isles Wayshrine
    Firewatch Wayshrine
    Gorne Wayshrine
    Necrom Wayshrine
    Vulgate Wayshrine
    Dragonglade Wayshrine
    Amber Forest Wayshrine

Llandoril’s Den
    Sea Captain’s Last Stand
    Hound Pack
    Dwemer Excavator

Public Dungeon:
    Kemel-Ze
    Necrom Necropolis

Delves (top to bottom):
    Rotting Hollow
    Irkindzel
    Mzin-Mzual
    Bcharnzel
    Netch Herd Caverns
    Eagle Moor Run

Tel Sunna
    Dwemer tower
    Miramer’s Spot
    Ruins of Marog
    Wreck of the Tear
    Cool, a little off topic, but cool. Doubt much if anything of it will be made canon though, aside of what already is canon of course.
    Also the zone does look kind of small compared to its size on the map, but that might just be the scale of the symbols being off if it's intended to be larger. Think about how massive Blackwood is. Your zone looks like half that size, although you do get the benefit of not having public dungeons and trials taking up map space.

yeah sorry, i just saw the arena map and remembered all the locations i put from arena on the map. but it's definitely a bit too small you're right.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is, but it's been locked into place by Blackwood, and if you remove the fog, you can see Mournhold from Shadowfen. It also shares a river border with Deshaan, so it can't be moved without discontinuity.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ooof, yeah, that really is a painful map.

It's also fascinating though! Tenmar may have been planned for the base game judging by its colour here? Why is Reaper's March red? And what's going on with Nibenay in grey? Did that area have plans originally? And what's with the oblivion symbols in Nibenay, Craglorn, and Reaper's March? So many questions :lol:

cart_esoAlpha.jpg
    Edited by Darkstorne on August 26, 2021 2:58PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is, but it's been locked into place by Blackwood, and if you remove the fog, you can see Mournhold from Shadowfen. It also shares a river border with Deshaan, so it can't be moved without discontinuity.

This also brings up the problem with the fact that stormhold is on the northern tip of blackmarsh yet on the map it shows it is in southern morrowind. :/ not sure what the best solution would be unless you revamp that whole section of the map (black marsh portions of blackwood, deshaan, shadowfen)

edit: perhaps you can stretch out shadowfen moving stormhold a bit further south or even stretch out Deshaan to be further south taking shadowfen with it? It really seems like a zos major mistake, because that peninsula to the "east" of shadowfen is morrowind yet stormhold on other maps places the location further to the south
    Edited by JobooAGS on August 26, 2021 3:27PM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Ooof, yeah, that really is a painful map.

It's also fascinating though! Tenmar may have been planned for the base game judging by its colour here? Why is Reaper's March red? And what's going on with Nibenay in grey? Did that area have plans originally? And what's with the oblivion symbols in Nibenay, Craglorn, and Reaper's March? So many questions :lol:

cart_esoAlpha.jpg

I'd venture that the original plan for AD territory was going to be Auridon, Grahtwood, Greenshade, Malabal Tor, and Tenmar. Craglorn, Nibenay, and Reaper's March could have been all planned Adventure Zones, akin to the original plans for Craglorn. They could have each been part of a separate storyline pertaining to them involving whatever the meaning for those Oblivion Gate symbols are.

I would be really curious to know what the original plans were, though they likely won't see the light of day. Also of curiosity are the old class plans when there were 6 base game classes, and one of them was Battlemage, and their skill were the more traditional school names (ex. Destruction, Alteration).
    Edited by ealdwin on August 26, 2021 3:55PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This also brings up the problem with the fact that stormhold is on the northern tip of blackmarsh yet on the map it shows it is in southern morrowind. :/ not sure what the best solution would be unless you revamp that whole section of the map (black marsh portions of blackwood, deshaan, shadowfen)

edit: perhaps you can stretch out shadowfen moving stormhold a bit further south or even stretch out Deshaan to be further south taking shadowfen with it? It really seems like a zos major mistake, because that peninsula to the "east" of shadowfen is morrowind yet stormhold on other maps places the location further to the south

I think this is one of those things that can only be addressed once ZOS starts reworking the base game areas and then Bretons and Bosmer likely have the priority.
    Although I don't think this particular issue matters that much since it doesn't exactly affect story telling in any way and we aren't really getting a worse product here because of it either - at least not that I am aware of.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

I'd venture that the original plan for AD territory was going to be Auridon, Grahtwood, Greenshade, Malabal Tor, and Tenmar. Craglorn, Nibenay, and Reaper's March could have been all planned Adventure Zones, akin to the original plans for Craglorn. They could have each been part of a separate storyline pertaining to them involving whatever the meaning for those Oblivion Gate symbols are.

I would be really curious to know what the original plans were, though they likely won't see the light of day.

There seems to be one special zone associated with each faction. Each of those zones also adjoins Cyrodiil. I don't know what to make of it, but I do want to say that I bet they had a whole heap of "original plans" over their 7 year development pre-launch, and many different iterations were on the table, only to be later canned. For instance, I believe there is some evidence that the southern half of Summerset was meant to be an AD zone in the original game.
    Also of curiosity are the old class plans when there were 6 base game classes, and one of them was Battlemage, and their skill were the more traditional school names (ex. Destruction, Alteration).

I suspect that right up until different people were in charge and One Tamriel became the direction, that spellcrafting was intended to be ESO's answer to TES schools of magic. The setup was there at launch with the Vestige's returning of Eyvea, and the system that we saw previewed back in 2014 seemed to leverage it. By that time, though, meta balancing was the dominant design paradigm and little thought was given to trying to provide an authentic-feeling Elder Scrolls class/build system. Trying to maintain attribute diversity or build hybridity via real trade-offs such as cost to survivability or sustain considerations was utterly abandoned in order to placate min-max builds that were being diseminated by hardcore MMO power-gamer types, and mandated on almost every level below. They've designed around that ever since, and there's just been no room for anything that might upset that status quo, sadly.

Uh, tangent over!
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on August 27, 2021 1:53AM
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I don't know how much of a prediction this is, but I will say it looks pretty damned cool, and must have been fun to make!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging from our new and improved map, I am counting space for 7 chapters and a few DLCs give or take - depending on how many realms of Oblivion we will be visiting and how many Blackreach Cavern-like areas we are going to get in future releases.

And then we still have areas like Pyandonea with no official map.
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update on the addon:

I am brainless when it comes to coding. However, I've networked with some people who aren't brainless, and we are currently reassessing features for the planned addon, and possibly making additional changes to improve the map. Without saying too much in case items on our list of planned features aren't possible, it's gonna be guud.

Will post an update here again when more tangible progress has been made.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, @BroughBreaux! Very much looking forward to what y'all come up with!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update on the addon:

I am brainless when it comes to coding. However, I've networked with some people who aren't brainless, and we are currently reassessing features for the planned addon, and possibly making additional changes to improve the map. Without saying too much in case items on our list of planned features aren't possible, it's gonna be guud.

Will post an update here again when more tangible progress has been made.

Sounds great! That's definitely one addon I'm going to get as soon as it's released :smile:
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting... like I said, I -need- this add-on.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Still waiting... like I said, I -need- this add-on.

Both myself and the guy I'm working on it with both have work so both of us having free time at the same time is scarce. It's definitely coming, don't worry about that, but when it's coming is not certain.
    Vy • lae • ra
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Both myself and the guy I'm working on it with both have work so both of us having free time at the same time is scarce. It's definitely coming, don't worry about that, but when it's coming is not certain.

@BroughBreaux Feel free to contact me, if you have compatibility or dependency issues with "Votan's Tamriel Map".
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
  • Saxhleel
    Saxhleel
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I was so confused why Eastmarch encompassed Blacklight, Vvardenfell was tiny, eastern Morrowind looking strange, Hammerfell being much too large, Cyro- you know ZoS should really fix the map of Tamriel.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy" — Dagoth Ur