Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no update on fixing guild traders?
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude
    ✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »
    Still no update on fixing guild traders?

Surprise! Surprise! Still no update or comment on the issues. In the German Forum , too.

• Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Pc had a issue been fixed, it stand in top banner. ps4 have issue, ESO act like, so what we dont care.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed an issue that prevented scrolling the list of offerings in a trade window.

Was this even tested on PS4?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc had a issue been fixed, it stand in top banner. ps4 have issue, ESO act like, so what we dont care.

Difference in severity and complexity to resolve.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never have been really what you would call angry over this aggregate last weeks’ stuff. Just sad and rather revolted.

At least it has progressed to acerbic humor.

It’s like accepting that the Vogons are the Vogons and Earth is gone :smile:
    Esse quam videri.
  • Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS does not care.

Its been over a week now with these issues, no patch, and no word from ZOS.

I dont know how much more clear the message could be, ZOS couldnt care less for its PlayStation customers.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We are all expecting more communication anxiously but please ALWAYS keep in mind that console's game patches need to be approved/certified by MS and Sony and PC doesn't require any approval/certification.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are all expecting more communication anxiously but please ALWAYS keep in mind that console's game patches need to be approved/certified by MS and Sony and PC doesn't require any approval/certification.

How about just rolling back the most recent patch? That shouldnt take any approval. Was already approved. At least the bank and guild system would be functional. And I think that if some approval process is the reason for the hold-up, then the process needs to be reexamined. There has to be some exceptions for emergency situations, and I think this qualifies.

****Also, the current issues are effecting all consoles not just playstation. I’m on xbox.
    Edited by carlos424 on April 29, 2021 12:54PM
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 years eso life, im done.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, we wanted to give you an update on the item UI issues currently on the ESO console servers. Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch. The fix for this issue will be in the Update 30 launch patch on June 8. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the temporary workarounds for these issues, linked below. We understand this is frustrating and thank you for your patience.

What do I do if menus and inventory screens aren't updating properly? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53089

What do I do if I'm experiencing a lag or delay while selling items? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53096
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Hillier11
    Hillier11
    ✭✭✭
    Cancelling sub today. Thank you very much.
  • TootieTazzy
    TootieTazzy
    ✭✭✭
    So we have to suffer until June? GG ZoS!
  • Hillier11
    Hillier11
    ✭✭✭
    Just cancelled now
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a big yikes.
  • tzmsce
    tzmsce
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we wanted to give you an update on the item UI issues currently on the ESO console servers. Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch. The fix for this issue will be in the Update 30 launch patch on June 8. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the temporary workarounds for these issues, linked below. We understand this is frustrating and thank you for your patience.

What do I do if menus and inventory screens aren't updating properly? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53089

What do I do if I'm experiencing a lag or delay while selling items? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53096

So you are saying that for console players a part of the game (that is mandatory for many) is not working, making the game basically unplayable and you wont even have a Chance to fix it for more than 40(!) days (not even guaranteeing that its fixed after that because of your history with such fixes in previous updates). While these players paid their full subscription fee for these 40 days?
    I am not a console player, but i sincerely hope you will give all of them atleast a refund for their sub during this time.
    eat the children!
  • Bobby_Digital81
    I hope the other bugs/glitches are included with the Blackwood Chapter update, like COD glitch, Guild Roster bug.
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this update will go down like a house on fire.

But at least we have an update. Maybe we could get one a week earlier next time? Because it's very clear that there is going to be a next time.
    v
    v
    v
    ZoS's ball.

[Edited to remove Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 25, 2021 10:05AM
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this get past QA?

Just flat breaking a basic game function, and having to leave it that way for weeks.

With all the crown store/ESO+ revenue this game generates, your customers ought to get a higher quality product.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'm not being rude, but I think it's time you stopped and had a good look at your lack of customer service.

I can appreciate this is not game ending and there are work arounds but we are being told that we are inferior customers who have no standing with your company.

And this comes just weeks after a grovelling apology from @ZOS_MattFiror due to the issues on the PlayStation server.

Quite frankly this is not acceptable. If you were a customer would you find it acceptable? No of course you wouldn't.

I would respectfully like to ask you to reconsider this decision and to actually fix some of the bugs we are currently experiencing. You are suggesting we have to put up with these issues for a further five plus weeks. I put it to you that this is not acceptable and suggest that you get a patch out with the fixes in it ASAP. You need to do this while you still have a customer base on the consoles.
    Edited by hafgood on April 29, 2021 2:01PM
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Unless you want to end up like cyberpunk it is strongly recommended to rethink that strategy, ps4/5 players are within their right to make complaints to Playstation directly about things like this being ignored by certain game developers... making people wait for a month just because thats easier for ZoS is unacceptable.. I will personally advise all my 1500 guildmembers to take it up with Playstation. This is no threat this is no bashing this is stating the facts... we have been putting up with this we dont really care about playstation servers long enough. Never before did ESO have so many issues as with the last implementation... If it was not ready you should have never launched it in the first place, do not punish players who pay a monthly fee because your employees cant do their job... after all where does the money come from to pay these people, it does not come falling out of thin air.
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well.. good thing we console players are used to being peasants. So we wait it out per usual. :s
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welp

That’s an update, all right.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So at least....the bugs will be "enhanced"..... :s
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • NerirocF
    NerirocF
    ✭✭
    How about instead you delay your rollout of Blackwood while you address grueling problems in the latest "patch"?
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] In a separate note, you guys need a console PTS asap.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 29, 2021 2:31PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

honest question...do you realize that the lack of any real communication about this (up until this point ) coupled with the fact that you are telling console players that they will be dealing with a pretty frustrating series of bugs (and essentially erasing a huge part of the game, trader sales, for many many people) is going to cause people to discontinue eso plus, not buy the chapter and some will quit all together? follow up, do you really care? again, this will be deleted for baiting or bashing, but I honestly don't care at this point..the past few months and the handling of issues on console have been total trash and makes me regret ever defending this game from its detractors and wasting money on plus etc....I have put a lot of time and money into this game, made a lot of great friends and memories, and now I cringe at the thought of logging in strictly because of how ZOS has handled console lately....Thanks ZOS....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thank you so much for the details. This is all we were asking for. I hope that our feedback was taken constructively and we continue seeing responses like this. I know not everyone feels this way, but I'm happy another fix isn't being launched right now because I'm not confident it would work. And what happens if/when U30 doesn't address the bugs?

Taking a step back, it feels like there's not many areas of the game without bugs right now. And when fixes are attempted, it seems like they either don't work or they introduce more bugs. It's disheartening.

I'm happy to play the game and celebrate the new expansion - content wise I'm rather looking forward to it. But performance wise, I'm nervous, because this year has been rough. And while things aren't as bad as they were last year, it's hard to be optimistic about U30 right now. I feel for the devs, because from our perspective - they're flailing. I hope leadership can see this and adjust accordingly, we all deserve better. While development timelines may not be under your control, I hope you're relaying our feedback to the people who do.

I know the extended maintenance episode was drastic enough to warrant Matt's letter to the community. My personal opinion - he needs to come and speak to the console community about our unique issues. He needs to acknowledge the last couple patches have been less-than-perfect and speak to why it keeps happening.
    Edited by Destai on April 29, 2021 3:38PM
  • Bobby_Digital81
    I honestly don't even care about the new content at this point. I think everyone could agree we all want a game that runs as intended. Not having to use "workarounds" until we have to wait long periods until we get an update that might fix things. The last 2 patches for PS4 was supposed to fix the Guild Roster showing the right information. But here we are 6+ weeks after Update 29 and the Guild Rosters are still showing the wrong information. Even though that the last 2 PS4 patch notes said it was fixed. It hasn't been fixed. And COD is another feature that many players use to sell their items in a fast and secure way to make a transaction with other players. And we haven't gotten any update with the COD glitch that has been reported by many players on console. Please just fix the game.
  • rossi789
    rossi789
    ✭✭
    What a horrendous handling of the situation. You are losing players left right and centre and this is your response?

Trading guilds are struggling to maintain active player bases and since the latest "patch" even listing sales is a challenge.

Trials teams are struggling due to the invisible adds and mechanics.

Housing people can't move items for fear of deleting them.

What is left, a few quests? The game is broken and your solution is to tell customers to "suck it up".
    Edited by rossi789 on April 29, 2021 2:32PM