The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Promotion for the new chapter:

PC Players: Buy the chapter and play!
    Consoles: Buy the chapter, make a Twitch Account and watch PC Players play!
    PS5|EU
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a process to emergency update, but there is a fee attached...
    Nerf bug stacking! :D
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 29, 2021 2:43PM
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console players : "PRETTY bad? The hedge mages have destroyed most of the city!"

ZOS: "Well, I can't give you anything for these."
    Esse quam videri.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how console recovers from this tbh.
    Too many of my friends stopped playing due to these bugs (on top of a plethora of performance issues). Guilds dead or dying.

They won't be back now. Too long. Habits broken, addictions found on other games.

The choices made here from a financial standpoint are baffling.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I just reread your statement. This delay is being blamed on your certification slots being taken up by Blackwood and the Enhanced Console Update.

With all due respect you need to push the Enhanced Console Update to the back of the queue. That can wait. Yes I know players lucky enough to have the next generation consoles won't like me saying that but as the majority of your Console players are not on next gen consoles it makes more sense to put a patch out that fixes their issues.

I do not know who was responsible for this decision but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few on this one. You (at Zos) need to rethink the strategy as you have got it wrong on this one.
    Edited by hafgood on April 29, 2021 2:45PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...The last 2 patches for PS4 was supposed to fix the Guild Roster showing the right information. But here we are 6+ weeks after Update 29 and the Guild Rosters are still showing the wrong information. Even though that the last 2 PS4 patch notes said it was fixed. It hasn't been fixed.
    No, it hasn't been fixed. That's just crazy.

I have to agree with others that ask why QA didn't catch this. These issues aren't obscure - they were noticed and flagged by players within minutes of the update going live. So here's another 90 day wait for console players... this isn't new - it's been ongoing practice for years. Remember the PS4 infinite load screens when you died in Cyrodiil? That lasted about 3 months too if I recall, and that was several years ago now.

I really wish I could just understand how other game developers seem to be able to release patches for their games while simultaneously working on new content, and yet that's not possible with ESO. Is it because of how the game is built?
    PS4NA
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Sony/Playstation network is getting tired of needing to certify emergency patches after each patch. And drew a line.
    PC NA
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My regular eso sub for ps4 went away 2 yrs ago. Blackwood will not be purchased until it is offered at a significant discount.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »
    Console players : "PRETTY bad? The hedge mages have destroyed most of the city!"

ZOS: "Well, I can't give you anything for these."

Why, why did you have to quote that ? I craft in Belkarth and I have had to listen to that damm Lizard trying to get out of Craglorn for years ! Can we not all just chip in and get him to Stormhold ? My life will be complete then 😄
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »

Why, why did you have to quote that ? I craft in Belkarth and I have had to listen to that damm Lizard trying to get out of Craglorn for years ! Can we not all just chip in and get him to Stormhold ? My life will be complete then 😄

Hah, I came back a month ago (yes, my timing is fantastic, you should see me “dance”) - moved my crafting operations there so I could watch for trials in chat.

Had to move my operation the heck outta there yesterday again - had forgotten how grating it is.

It is all coming back to me now......

Esse quam videri.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time to flood the customer service inbox, both to Sony and Zenimax.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I genuinely appreciate the update, I am a little baffled. It took two weeks to tell us it is going to be another 6 weeks of wait for this to be fixed. The update statement does not include any apology beyond 'thanks for your patience.' Same goes for the statement on Twitter. Saying "we're sorry that this went live" costs ZOS nothing and yet they decided not to include it in their statement.

As a console player, it is hard to not feel like a second class citizen.
    Edited by Dalsinthus on April 29, 2021 3:16PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    While I genuinely appreciate the update, I am a little baffled. It took two weeks to tell us it is going to be another 6 weeks of wait for this to be fixed.

The people in the forum probably don't care, but my guess is that ZOS did a lot of work behind the scenes with the various teams (QA, development, etc) and the console companies to determine whether it was possible to get a fix out sooner. I was expecting that they would be able to squeeze in a patch, but apparently not. I don't think that the delay in telling us was because they forgot about us or don't love us.

That said... as an XBox player who does see these problems, I want to thank @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for the update. I would be remiss in my response if I did not include the suggestion that an update a couple days ago, even just to say that the problem is still being worked, would have been appreciated.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Razorruk
    Razorruk
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, not a console player - [Snip]

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 29, 2021 3:52PM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QenQuni wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Unless you want to end up like cyberpunk it is strongly recommended to rethink that strategy, ps4/5 players are within their right to make complaints to Playstation directly about things like this being ignored by certain game developers... making people wait for a month just because thats easier for ZoS is unacceptable.. I will personally advise all my 1500 guildmembers to take it up with Playstation. This is no threat this is no bashing this is stating the facts... we have been putting up with this we dont really care about playstation servers long enough. Never before did ESO have so many issues as with the last implementation... If it was not ready you should have never launched it in the first place, do not punish players who pay a monthly fee because your employees cant do their job... after all where does the money come from to pay these people, it does not come falling out of thin air.

Sony Support 1-800-345-7669

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PlayStation

We pay Sony for a service to play ESO.

Blackwood shouldn't be released on console til ESO is fixed, & Blackwood is proven to be a quality live update.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 29, 2021 3:33PM
  • Lantivirus
    Lantivirus
    ✭✭
    lol
    Edited by Lantivirus on April 29, 2021 3:35PM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this get past QA?

Just flat breaking a basic game function, and having to leave it that way for weeks.

With all the crown store/ESO+ revenue this game generates, your customers ought to get a higher quality product.

Exactly!!! They obviously tried to fix the bank lag situation. Does no one at ZOS have a console to check to see how it works? Someone could have caught this problem within 10 seconds of testing it. Who’s job is/WAS it? I mean, in what business would this be acceptable? If it was just a one-off, no problem. People make mistakes. But over and over and over again? Where is the accountability?
    Edited by carlos424 on April 29, 2021 3:39PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    How does this get past QA?

Just flat breaking a basic game function, and having to leave it that way for weeks.

With all the crown store/ESO+ revenue this game generates, your customers ought to get a higher quality product.

Exactly!!! They obviously tried to fix the bank lag situation. Does no one at ZOS have a console to check to see how it works? Someone could have caught this problem within 10 seconds of testing it. Who’s job is/WAS it? I mean, in what business would this be acceptable? If it was just a one-off, no problem. People make mistakes. But over and over and over again? Where is the accountability?

This is what I just don’t get. It would not take much to fire up the game on both consoles and just check the game worked - why is this not done?

Genuinely perplexed.

And my previous offer to be a tester still stands. Would happily do it to enable this game to function properly.
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude
    ✭✭✭
    Extremely frustrating. Tomorrow my eso+ runs off, best time for it.

So, it will be 2 months, that’s not temporary.
  • DangOlMeatball
    DangOlMeatball
    Soul Shriven
    inb4 they give console players another re-skinned pet for their troubles
  • Arcon2825
    Arcon2825
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This decision as well as the communication over the last days that led to this is clearly the all-time low of the company’s bad support for console. I’m really wondering if your new owner can confirm that you have to hold back the fix for another five weeks because of their certification process. To me, that doesn’t seem like a good explanation and honestly spoken, I don’t believe you anymore.

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Arcon2825 on April 29, 2021 4:14PM
    Xbox EU
    CP 1400+:
    Laeleith - Magicka Sorcerer DD, Vampire
    Maryssía - Stamina Dragonknight Tank
    Thaleidria - Magicka Templar Healer
    Zemene - Magicka Necromant DD
    Poohie - Magicka Warden DD
    Elyveya - Stamina Nightblade DD
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch. The fix for this issue will be in the Update 30 launch patch on June 8.

Thanks for the note, but is this real? :s

First QA messes up the console version, so that traders and crafting bag are almost unusable. Instead of giving us an emergeny patch nothing happens for a HARROWING WEEK. And then you tell us this is going to continure for ANOTHER MONTH? Oh yes, it is so GREAT to have ESO Plus on consoles! :D
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    While I genuinely appreciate the update, I am a little baffled. It took two weeks to tell us it is going to be another 6 weeks of wait for this to be fixed.

The people in the forum probably don't care, but my guess is that ZOS did a lot of work behind the scenes with the various teams (QA, development, etc) and the console companies to determine whether it was possible to get a fix out sooner. I was expecting that they would be able to squeeze in a patch, but apparently not. I don't think that the delay in telling us was because they forgot about us or don't love us.

That said... as an XBox player who does see these problems, I want to thank @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for the update. I would be remiss in my response if I did not include the suggestion that an update a couple days ago, even just to say that the problem is still being worked, would have been appreciated.

Could be. And I really do appreciate the work to bring us the game. I tried to write my comment carefully to capture that and not be too harsh. My point is - if your scenario is correct, why not just tell us that? Why not just say "we're sorry"? Sounds like you are saying something similar: "an update a couple days ago, even just to say that the problem is still being worked, would have been appreciated."
  • Duane
    Duane
    ✭✭✭
    If this is the case the only fair and reasonable thing you can do is refund EVERYONE'S ESO Plus money for the month til this issue is resolved. 180$ a year for the membership, if you don't do something to appease this issue. I will guarantee you, your console community will leave. Most of us are already fed up with performance issues and bugs.
    Being a content creator with a small community of 5k Subscribers on YouTube. I can strongly recommend my followers to play some other game and cancel their memberships too.

Thanks and have a nice day!
    Edited by Duane on April 29, 2021 4:23PM
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't make any money from us selling through guild traders. Good to see they were working hard to update the crown store.
  • Kartoffelmuesli
    Kartoffelmuesli
    Soul Shriven
    I have an Eso plus subscription and am currently paying for broken content. Now do you really think it is attractive for me to spend even more money on this broken content for the newest chapter? Thanks, but no.... You guys need to have a look into your marketing strategies.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no worries - they will give us an ugly pet as an excuse in the end and everybody will be happy...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Could be. And I really do appreciate the work to bring us the game. I tried to write my comment carefully to capture that and not be too harsh. My point is - if your scenario is correct, why not just tell us that? Why not just say "we're sorry"? Sounds like you are saying something similar: "an update a couple days ago, even just to say that the problem is still being worked, would have been appreciated."

Jessica is just the messenger. Yelling at her is just venting spleen. Noise. I am sure she can take it, but it's not like the yelling actually makes a difference. ZOS, and Jessica, are not unfamiliar with my suggestions regarding more timely comments, so I really don't need to say more. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sony needs to put a hold on the Blackwood release.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 29, 2021 4:38PM
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    I've reread the statement twice and I'm baffled why we aren't receiving any kind of apology for the lack of response until now and how this is being seemingly so brushed off by ZOS? The answer we've been provided with today leads us down the idea that Sony and Microsoft only allow two updates to be in certification? If that's the case then why on earth is the enhanced edition taking priority over fixing this issue first?

I will normally stand up for ZOS and the team. But this? I cannot understand why you guys think this was an acceptable answer to this problem. I think either your priorities need to change or the way you've explained this situation because right now it comes across as completely uncaring to your whole console playerbase.