The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    I just lost a character I was making because of the UI bug. I went back after entering a name because I forgot to choose the voice and the character creation screen stopped working. I couldn't change anything and couldn't screenshot the sliders because I couldn't scroll up. Compensation for this bug would be nice.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ruifeio wrote: »
    mobicera wrote: »

They didn't want to spend the resources (money and time) to create 2 separate fixes, one for the current game client and one that will be out with the new chapter.
    It may have required a delay on ps5 and xbox update, however that is kinda their problem for pushing out content without quality testing and control.

So it seems Bugs aren't fixed again...

3 months ago... 3 patches and 1 chapter release ago...

This is why I can't give this game any more money.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Almost 2 months witout a craftbag working as it suppose to do. And trader loose alot of sales, soon 8 june and if it be fixed do you think will be many new bugs again

This is first time i not preorder a new chapter, and i guess i will never have it find it stupid with companion. Game have so many bugs, and first rule should been fix a broken game before adding new dlc or chapters. Also important listen more to customer.

This game nerf, cp point that been more worst, more and more bugs and not fixing things, take months and people pay for like its a benefit 😜😒🙁😩😠
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • IVoo
    IVoo
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing ESO since the days of beta (on PC), and been on the PS4 for the last 4 years or so. This is the worst state of the game I've seen on any platform. It's been sharply plummeting downward with numerous bugs, blue screens, and various other broken in-game nuances for over a year now. It's just gotten worse, and worse, and now to the point of being so irritating that you log off.

Speak with your wallets people, and if not happy (which will be many of us) then pull the plug. That's the only thing they will understand. I'm canceling my ESO Plus account, deleting this game, and never giving this development team another cent.

Whomever said the Titanic, yeah, that's exactly what this feels like and there's not much left of the ship that is still afloat above water.

Never again.
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »

No.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »

No, if you read it all it says: "We are doing this so we are not launching Update 30 (Blackwood) at the same time as Console Enhanced and can give both our undivided attention"
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Pay for eso plus they Said, you get a crafting bag they Said. Forgot to mention that you cant actually use the only thing worth paying for
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts mostly for non-constructive behavior. Please remember to remain constructive while engaging in a discussion and avoid off-topic or spamming posts.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you leave a bug like that for months?

I haven't played since last patch, went in to liquidate some of my assets and discovered that everything is 100x more difficult - selling, banking, inventory management. How is that even acceptable?
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts mostly for non-constructive behavior. Please remember to remain constructive while engaging in a discussion and avoid off-topic or spamming posts.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.

Your company is a disgrace.
    Edited by AgaTheGreat on June 1, 2021 9:22AM
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One week to go fellas!

I must confess I cheated today and scrolles through my alchemy mats at a crafting station to see what I had. Then I thought about selling some but couldn't be assed typing the names in to get them from my craft bag and again at the guild store so I could list them so I logged off and played something else.

It's been what? 7 weeks? This is atrocious ZOS. And you still haven't even said sorry.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XB NA. I no longer sub to ESO+, so I intended to give my hireling mats to my wife, who still subs. The first time we traded today it worked fine; I was able to scroll through my inventory while in the trade screen. But now it will not let either of us scroll through inventory while in the trade screen. I don't understand why it works one minute but is broken the next minute. Badly messed up game....
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    The Sell screen in the guild store now does not allow scrolling, making it impossible to list items without typing the name.

Selling items to the merchant doesn't remove them from the screen. It sells but it still appears there making it very confusing to anyone who can't see what the game is doing.

This is just what I've experienced the first few minutes on the game. I really try to be supportive of the team but how much longer are we going to have to deal with these extremely frustrating issues? Seemingly every update doesn't deliver fixes it's supposed to and we have to wait a long time for any fixes on current and new issues. :(

It's been stuck for me for a while. Multiple tickets and no action.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Well, since the other thread I posted this in apparently got nuked, here is an attempt at a comprehensive list in one place of today's issues:

If you are on console, after today's patch the current reports are:

1. Guild roster updating is still questionable.
    2. You now cannot scroll through your craft bag to retrieve anything (such as, for instance, to sell it).
    3. You now cannot sell to a merchant and know what is still currently in/not in your inventory without backing out of merchant because selling an item does not visually remove it from your inventory.
    4. You cannot scroll through your inventory to list things for sale in your guild trader. You have to actually type something in search so I hope you remember exactly what you own that you want to sell!
    5. And all of the above now make me wonder if you also cannot scroll through your own bank or your guild bank - I'm at work, so haven't heard yet on that.

Honestly, this is bad enough that they should shut the servers down and roll the patch back. They won't, but they should.

I also still haven't seen a word about COD glitch ever getting fixed or if that is still Russian roulette on getting your money from a buyer.

I've experienced these for months. Sorry it's spread to others but perhaps it will get a fix now. Or maybe they are features!
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone next week will praise Zos for fixing the bug, and forget all about the weeks we were forced to either quit playing (for now?), or put up with it.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sju wrote: »
    Everyone next week will praise Zos for fixing the bug, and forget all about the weeks we were forced to either quit playing (for now?), or put up with it.

Chances are there will be new bugs to replace the ones they are (hopefully) fixing. Hopefully they will only affect Blackwood and Companions so I won't be affected by them.

I'd suggest there are people annoyed by the bugs listed in this thread who have still pre-purchased Blackwood.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for your reports everyone, we wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Its been a long time since april 21st. Why is it not fixed yet??!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for your reports everyone, we wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the fix is coming with the Update next week. Reasons are posted by ZOS.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Not to beat a dead horse, but the fix is coming with the Update next week. Reasons are posted by ZOS.

Seeing how long it is taking to get the fixes in console is not confidence-inspiring for PC.
    There but for the grace of God go I and all that....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing how long it is taking to get the fixes in console is not confidence-inspiring for PC.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that this was not limited to just consoles, but anyone who used a controller. I only use a controller on XBox, so that is the only place I saw any of this. That said, my understanding is that they have released the fix on PC. The reason that they gave for not patching it on console was (and I paraphrase) that they did not have enough time to build, test, and certify a patch because both the Update and Next Gen console support in the final stages of release. Since they have since moved the next-gen console support out, it would seem that they did not have the ability to do both of them concurrently, even without the patch for this problem.

In my mind, this is a failing of the studio to properly staff console/controller QA people, coupled with a Producer that likely decided to go ahead and ship the game with this bug in it rather than hold things up and fix it before we saw it.

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to recall reading somewhere that this was not limited to just consoles, but anyone who used a controller. I only use a controller on XBox, so that is the only place I saw any of this. That said, my understanding is that they have released the fix on PC. The reason that they gave for not patching it on console was (and I paraphrase) that they did not have enough time to build, test, and certify a patch because both the Update and Next Gen console support in the final stages of release. Since they have since moved the next-gen console support out, it would seem that they did not have the ability to do both of them concurrently, even without the patch for this problem.

In my mind, this is a failing of the studio to properly staff console/controller QA people, coupled with a Producer that likely decided to go ahead and ship the game with this bug in it rather than hold things up and fix it before we saw it.

Luckily, this should be fixed on 6/8, then it'll just be another month or two that console will have to deal with the new block cost bug and the armor set bonus drop off bug. JOY!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Luckily, this should be fixed on 6/8, then it'll just be another month or two that console will have to deal with the new block cost bug and the armor set bonus drop off bug. JOY!

And the companion's disappearing gear bug.
    The list goes on.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the companion's disappearing gear bug.
    The list goes on.

Yeah, the bugs found on PC for Blackwood launch probably won't be fixed until 2 weeks after the next gen console support rolls out. If we are lucky.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    8 june and we see how this will be.i never buy this chapter but hope craftbag been fixed.
    Edited by Mefromnorway on June 4, 2021 8:45AM
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Did an alchemy writ this morning. Needed three Nightshade.
    How annoying is it to withdraw three Nightshade from the bank?
    The game does not search bank for crafting materials (I wonder why).

1. type 'night' into search >R2 (nothing displayed)
    2. Switch to Deposit and back to see result of search
    3. Select Actions > Split stack to select amount (3) needed (nothing displayed)
    4. Switch to Deposit and back to see result of split
    5. Withdraw three Nightshade.

But then you all knew that. Do ZOS?

Too annoying > Eject disc...

I just hope Lydia from Whiterun is one of the new companions in the Blackwood DLC.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • MYWARCHILD887
    MYWARCHILD887
    ✭✭✭
    So tomorrow is finally the big day. Between the lack of comment/acknowledgement, no patch notes posted yet and the current state of PC I am not holding my breath that it's going to go well. Could we please get some sign that fixes are still on track for tomorrow? Even a simple "thumbs up" would be nice.
    PS4 NA - GM Psijic Supreme Order
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So tomorrow is finally the big day. Between the lack of comment/acknowledgement, no patch notes posted yet and the current state of PC I am not holding my breath that it's going to go well. Could we please get some sign that fixes are still on track for tomorrow? Even a simple "thumbs up" would be nice.

Umm. Will it actually make a difference in your life if they tell you today, or you read it (or don't read it) in the patch notes tomorrow?

Not defending or excusing. The chances of ZOS actually answering that are somewhere beyond "hell freezing over". Best to just accept it and come back tomorrow.

Besides, even if they say it is fixed, and it is in the patch notes, that does not actually mean it is fixed. Lately, they seem to have this problem with "fixed" not meaning what they think it means. (Edit: cough... companion gear... cough) :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on June 7, 2021 4:42PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck and Godspeed, consoles. Wish you all the best...
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck and Godspeed, consoles. Wish you all the best...

I hope so too, but given all the problems reported on PC, sadly I am not optimistic I don't want to get my hopes up, only to be let down, yet again.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saving up my surveys. I feel like that's the only activity that will be somewhat unbroken.