The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• Daranigan
    Daranigan
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we wanted to give you an update on the item UI issues currently on the ESO console servers. Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch. The fix for this issue will be in the Update 30 launch patch on June 8. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the temporary workarounds for these issues, linked below. We understand this is frustrating and thank you for your patience.

What do I do if menus and inventory screens aren't updating properly? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53089

What do I do if I'm experiencing a lag or delay while selling items? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53096

So... who do I contact about getting my money back? The only reason I personally pay for plus is for the craft bag. And since that is barely functional and I'm still paying for it, I believe a refund is in order. And if not a refund then free eso plus until this can be fixed. In any other aspect of life, if I pay for something, it's expected that I get what I pay for. Well, I'm paying for a functional craft bag and I'm not getting a functional craft bag.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even play on console and this can't be corrected over the course of the next 6 weeks!?
    That is mental... Feel for you console guys 😔
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daranigan wrote: »
    Hi everyone, we wanted to give you an update on the item UI issues currently on the ESO console servers. Due to certification timing for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter and ESO Console Enhanced, we will not have any more console incremental patches before the Blackwood and Update 30 launch. The fix for this issue will be in the Update 30 launch patch on June 8. In the meantime, we encourage you to use the temporary workarounds for these issues, linked below. We understand this is frustrating and thank you for your patience.

What do I do if menus and inventory screens aren't updating properly? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53089

What do I do if I'm experiencing a lag or delay while selling items? https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53096

So... who do I contact about getting my money back? The only reason I personally pay for plus is for the craft bag. And since that is barely functional and I'm still paying for it, I believe a refund is in order. And if not a refund then free eso plus until this can be fixed. In any other aspect of life, if I pay for something, it's expected that I get what I pay for. Well, I'm paying for a functional craft bag and I'm not getting a functional craft bag.

Sony Support 1-800-345-7669

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PlayStation
  • MYWARCHILD887
    MYWARCHILD887
    ✭✭✭
    Let's suppose this was a cable company and half the channels didn't work the way they were supposed to... Here is an annoying work around to get them to work. In the meantime, we will "try" to fix it about 40 days from now. It might work, it might not. Odds are it won't. Oh and we will update you on our progress every couple weeks. Would you stay with that company or switch to satellite?

Now. Do you really think we should keep paying for this? At least now we know that #ESOFam only applies to PC. For console it's #ESOFU
    PS4 NA - GM Psijic Supreme Order
  • geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game since day 1 with only a few month break in the first year. Since then, I've played almost every single day. If it wasn't for my guildmates, I would quit right now. We've been running with a 10+ person waiting list for a while now but now it's become harder to get people for the trading guilds. This is so disappointing.

And as to delaying this until after the new release, why? I have a very hard time believing you didn't have a branch of your code tree just for the live version and another code branch for the upcoming version. I just don't believe your reasoning that due to certification timing, you can't do a hot fix to address this.

Or here is a wacky idea that has been mentioned many, many times. Roll back the last patch. Yeah, I didn't like the bank lag either but the extra steps for selling are worse. So many people have just stopped trying to sell which is no good for a trading guild.

And finally, do some testing on console. Yes, there are load issues that are hard to replicate in a test environment but I have a hard time believing that this couldn't have been found if you had a console testing environment.
  • AlasseaNellas
    AlasseaNellas
    Soul Shriven
    So... i get a refund for eso+ for 2 months I assume?
    Because well... something like unplayable and you guys just say: *** all you console players
    So. Refund. At least.
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

The level of customer service and release of broken software is inexcusable.

Making your customers wait over a month for a fix is inexcusable.

[Edited to remove Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 2, 2021 2:02PM
    PS5 - Olaf the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
    PC - Olav the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will you get banned on Playstation if you ask for a refund on ESO+? Or is it a ban when you have payment reversal from bank?
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play on PC but MAN this is awful.
    I hope they are forced to refund pre-orders and a couple of months of eso plus for every single one of you.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they will at the very least offer refunds, sounds like a mess for console players :(
    Edited by Jaimeh on April 29, 2021 11:12PM
  • zAlpxne
    zAlpxne
    Soul Shriven
    Unsubscribe and don't bother with the expansion. The game is borderline unplayable and the work around's are not a temporary solution at all. I won't be spending any more $ on this game until it'd playable again and other should follow suit.

This is beyond a joke. I've been playing for years and never has the response from ZOS been this poor. You expect all console players to not be able to enjoy the game all the way up until the new expansion release? What a joke. I won't be making pre-order or purchasing this content until the game isn't broken like it has been all this year.

Fix the game or lose dedicated players.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry guys. Remember they didn't focus on more content because they needed to work on performance issues.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they say they're killing it, but I didn't think they meant it literally!
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even believe this nonsense.
    I have no words that will not get me banned...
    So just do better ZOS, I mean really we are paying eso plus for a broken product.
    Just do better...

P.S. this company deserves all the flak it's currently getting.
    This is frankly inexcusable.
    Edited by mobicera on April 29, 2021 11:18PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    I think the real story is they want to patch the Blackwood version rather than having to patch both the pre Blackwood version and the Blackwood version. Makes logical sense, but not good customer policy.

It might be the only option. Based on PTS 1, I don't think that Blackwood is in a good place. My estimation is that QA is hard pressed to test Blackwood right now. ZOS does not tend to delay things, as they seem very calendar oriented. Anything that QA cannot find, and developers cannot fix, before Blackwood ships will be fixed in some future patch. If it is ever fixed. (It is best to get all the bugs fixed before it goes out the door)

If we toss a patch in there for QA to test, Blackwood quality, which I predict will already be bad due to them being a behind schedule, will be absolutely dismal. They are not going to move Blackwood for this bug. It is not that severe.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not what a recently returned player wanted to hear. Helped me decide on whether or not I renew ESO+ after a 12 month break. No thanks.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    I cancel all my accounts yesterday. 3. im so finish with this game. And think all bugs error dc. Lags and soon companion dlc OMG im so happy i not buy it. Will never do. And take a long break from this game now but will never more pay for eso pluss.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear god this is literally the worst possible update we could get. Looks like I won't be playing till update 30, IF anything is even fixed then. This is extremely ridiculous.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont believe they have qa, its impossible they cant find this bug before launch.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a good time to buy eso+ or is it worth waiting?
  • Alpha_AC
    Alpha_AC
    ✭✭✭
    Crown store is down for 5 minutes
    ZoS: "We will be taking the servers offline immediately to fix this terrible issue"

Game UI is literally broken, traders and inventory are ***
    ZoS: "sucks 2 b u nerd see you in June"
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Sony is on the verge of Cyberpunking them
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS is probably safe as long as they don't start talking about refunds. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope so.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 30, 2021 1:19AM
  • angelofpayn
    angelofpayn
    Soul Shriven
    Sounds like Microsoft needs to step in and rearrange some personnel.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    After more than 8 hours, no update to fix this issue ?

No ? Seriously ?

Closer to 960 hours.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    I guess its fallout 76 team have mainteance and update at eso now. And all now what fiasko that game to is. Same company so im sure its that team broken eso too
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cyrodiil queue froze at position 15, & timer is bouncing around for the last 40min. I tried leaving queue but the notification is stuck at "Leaving", locked out from requeue.

Never seen this before.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 30, 2021 4:25AM
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess its fallout 76 team have mainteance and update at eso now. And all now what fiasko that game to is. Same company so im sure its that team broken eso too

76 is actually a very good game now, I can't even remember the last time I had issues with it in the past 3 months I've been back.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First thanks for the update. Second, have to say I am disappointed by this greatly. Figured we would get a patch sometime in May. Find it hard to believe that certification takes over 7 weeks. C’mon don’t lie just be honest and say we have a fix and it will be in the June 8th update. That I can respect. Sure, I would still moan and complain over the lack of courteous behavior to your console customers but at least I would not feel like you are not being completely honest with me either.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺

edit spelling
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on April 30, 2021 7:21AM