The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Endeavors offered

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are other folks getting the same choices?

I had the same choices on one of my accounts, but I logged in at 11:30 PM Eastern (April 21) and here's what I have on one of my other accounts.
    • Kill 10 Foes with Class Abilities
    • Craft 4 Items with the Enchanting Skill
    • Loot 2 Treasure Chests
    • Defeat 1 Patrolling Horror in the Imperial City Districts
    • Complete 1 Battleground Match

Instead of Gold, the reward is 5 Transmute crystals per task.

Screenshot in the spoiler below.
    to5slsaqtqih.jpg

Yikes. Only 2 of those 5 are automatically easy. And you getting a different set of choices contradicts the apparent trend that everybody would get the same endeavors.

Wait a moment! Your screen shot says that that list resets in MORE than a day. So perhaps it's the April 22 list, and you got it a few hours early.

I'd say 3 of those are easy. 10 overland mobs with a class skill of choice. 4 glyphs with Ta. Even without any enchant skill you can do this. 2 treasure chests takes a couple minutes. I agree that the patrolling horror isn't something I'd go out of my way to do and while a BG match is guaranteed the queue + match itself are longer than the first three would be.

Not everybody has a reliable route for treasure chests, especially if they play during peak hours on a day when everybody else will be looking for treasure chests as well. I could imagine people camping known chest spawn points overland. And the alternative of seeking them out in a dungeon can be a bit time-consuming, especially if you don't have an antiquarian who can easily solo Banished Cells 1.

Upon reflection, I'll probably be OK with that endeavor, but many folks won't ..

It's possible that dolmen end chests will count which would make it much easier, though you are right. Those that don't have a particular chest route may find that one more time consuming. I wasn't putting myself in that particular mindset as I farm chests a lot, with the aid of an addon as well. That's not something everyone has access to.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It's possible that dolmen end chests will count which would make it much easier, though you are right.

That was a great thought, and I just tested it and Dolmen Chests DO count. I opened two dolmen chests and the endeavor was complete. 👍
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be a stupid question but does 'kill 10 enemies with class abilities' mean use your class abilities to kill 10 enemies, or that you have to find 10 of the types of enemies who use the same skills players have and kill them?

My first thought was that it's the second one, because that would be in line with other endeavours which specify types of enemies to kill, but since trying to identify ones which use class abilities would be a pain I'm hoping it means use your abilities to kill any type of enemy.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kill 10 enemies with class abilities' mean use your class abilities to kill 10 enemies

It's exactly as it sounds - don't use anything but your class abilities in the fight :)

Now that I read more, I start to think that it would be much better to have these daily tasks random for every player. So that we can better avoid situations where players have to compete for their daily treasure chests, for example :/ Just make the game generate random 5 tasks (from the list of all possible tasks) for player upon their first daily login. Somebody will get similar tasks, but not whole server will get exactly the same tasks :o

It's not GW2 where people don't have to compete for loot/resources and can happily group for daily tasks. ESO is much better when people have as many different tasks as possible.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    kill 10 enemies with class abilities' mean use your class abilities to kill 10 enemies

It's exactly as it sounds - don't use anything but your class abilities in the fight :)

Now that I read more, I start to think that it would be much better to have these daily tasks random for every player. So that we can better avoid situations where players have to compete for their daily treasure chests, for example :/ Just make the game generate random 5 tasks (from the list of all possible tasks) for player upon their first daily login. Somebody will get similar tasks, but not whole server will get exactly the same tasks :o

It's not GW2 where people don't have to compete for loot/resources and can happily group for daily tasks. ESO is much better when people have as many different tasks as possible.

Agreed. ZOS finally recognized that the Slagtown Dailies get ridiculously competitive and reduced the nodes needed by half. But then they design a system that's sure to have players racing each other to nodes and treasure chests?

It sounds humorous, but it's true: I get more hate whispers from people I beat in a race to a resource node than I ever have from PVP.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification. :)

I also agree that it would be better to have different tasks for different people. Even in Guild Wars 2 it has mixed results and that game is designed to make PvE as cooperative as possible. It's great for the jumping puzzles, because you can guarantee there will be people throughout showing you the way, people around to revive you if you die and quite likely mesmers to teleleport you through if you can't do it yourself. On the other hand it's an absolute pain for daily events because as soon as one starts up it's mobbed by so many players that the biggest challenge is getting a hit in to get credit before it ends.

At least the endeavours we've seen so far don't specify maps (and I assume the fact that they're different on different maps is due to the bug and not going to be in the final version). If I'm doing ones which require opening treasure chests, gathering stuff or even killing world bosses (since my characters tend to do relatively low damage) I'll probably go for a less popular DLC map where there's less risk of running into other people doing the same thing.

But it would be a shame to feel like new PvE activities are encouraging me to actively avoid other players, it would be better if we didn't have to feel like we're competing to complete them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK. I did one more test, crafting 2 items on one character and 3 on another, and thereby finishing a craft-5-items Endeavor.

So it seems that:

Endeavors are automatically completed, without any kind of manual turn-in step.
    Endeavors and Endeavor caps are account-wide in every way.

This is great news! Would be nice if all dailies were like that!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there would be some advantages to having a random selection for each player, I don't see that being an issue with any of the listed endeavors so far. However, it could be very beneficial to have similar endeavors for things like the IC roaming boss or the battleground participation. These endeavors seem to either be solo focused and very wide open for the zones you can complete them in or group oriented with a more specific focus. This allows players to spread out for the solo ones they might be fighting others for and to group up for the ones that would make that easier with no conflict between players. We'll know if that's a general theme as more days are known.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While there would be some advantages to having a random selection for each player, I don't see that being an issue with any of the listed endeavors so far. However, it could be very beneficial to have similar endeavors for things like the IC roaming boss or the battleground participation. These endeavors seem to either be solo focused and very wide open for the zones you can complete them in or group oriented with a more specific focus. This allows players to spread out for the solo ones they might be fighting others for and to group up for the ones that would make that easier with no conflict between players. We'll know if that's a general theme as more days are known.

Imagine how many people will be picking flowers in Hollow City.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imagine how many people will be picking flowers in Hollow City.

Or, litterally any area bordering water.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably the last night I'll check it until they fix the bug/exploit, but here are the new dailies that I see:

2 Seals, NO gold/transmute
    • Kill 10 Foes with Weapon Abilities
    • Craft 4 Items with the Jewelry Crafting Skill
    • Kill 5 Vampires
    • Mine 5 Veins of Ore
    • Kill 1 Delve Boss in Cyrodiil

Screen shot in the spoiler
    rv3678het6d8.jpg

Edited by vailjohn_ESO on April 23, 2021 4:55AM
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the last night I'll check it until they fix the bug/exploit, but here's the new dailies that I see:

• Kill 5 Vampires
    • Mine 5 Veins of Ore

rv3678het6d8.jpg

Obviously there are a few places where one can find a lot of vampires in the landscape. And there are a few vampire delves. But are there any vampire instances? I'm blanking on them if so.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the last night I'll check it until they fix the bug/exploit, but here are the new dailies that I see:

• Kill 5 Vampires
    • Mine 5 Veins of Ore

rv3678het6d8.jpg

As expected, this is now my list too, after the 2:00 am EST changeover.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's list for me, each with a reward of 1 seal plus 15K gold, is:
    • Craft 4 items with the Provisioning skill
    • Kill 5 Bestial Daedra
    • Collect 5 Cloth-Producing Plants
    • Refine Raw Materials 5 times
    • Complete 1 Dungeon

I'm not sure exactly what count as "bestial" daedra, but if clannfears, scamps and banekin do, that one's not too bad. Of course the two crafting ones are easy. And finding some cloth nodes isn't too hard, especially if crafting surveys count. ;)

As for dungeons -- if you pick BC1 rather than FG1, your daedra need will be met along the way. :)

As always, the cap is 3 of 5.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the last night I'll check it until they fix the bug/exploit, but here's the new dailies that I see:

• Kill 5 Vampires
    • Mine 5 Veins of Ore

rv3678het6d8.jpg

Obviously there are a few places where one can find a lot of vampires in the landscape. And there are a few vampire delves. But are there any vampire instances? I'm blanking on them if so.

Castle thorn?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

• Kill 5 Vampires
    • Mine 5 Veins of Ore

rv3678het6d8.jpg

Castle thorn?

That's one of the DLC dungeons I've never done. Do the early trash packs include vampires?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PTS "vampires" included vampire animals and harrowfiends. I didn't have a chance to test it on bloodfiends, 5 kills gets used up pretty fast.
    PC EU
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day another set of endeavours
    4 seals each, nothing extra
    • Craft 5 Woodworking items
    • Kill 10 Amorphous Foes (Netches, voriplasms and ?)
    • Collect 8 Runestones
    • 2 Bruma Quests
    • Dig up 2 Treasure Maps
    dr7vb79hitqd.png
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does one of the Wikis (or another fan site) document which enemies fall into the different types, like beasts or vampires or amorphous? If it's not already been done it might be a useful thing to start, as it looks like that's going to come up a lot once endeavours go live.

Especially early on when I imagine a lot of people are going to be doing these and the obvious places could be very crowded.
    Edited by Danikat on April 25, 2021 9:56AM

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Does one of the Wikis (or another fan site) document which enemies fall into the different types, like beasts or vampires or amorphous?
    Most of this information is in achievements - character - trophies. There are no amorphous, as voriplasms were added to the game after these achievements.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My list as well.
    Another day another set of endeavours
    4 seals each, nothing extra
    • Craft 5 Woodworking items
    • Kill 10 Amorphous Foes (Netches, voriplasms and ?)
    • Collect 8 Runestones
    • 2 Bruma Quests
    • Dig up 2 Treasure Maps
    dr7vb79hitqd.png

Once again, I fear an overload of people pursuing the same endeavors. "Know Thy Enemy" in Bruma, for example, can run into daedra shortages even under ordinary conditions. And the Magister could become like a delve boss, where people compete to get a shot in to get credit for the kill.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    multicraft has to count as number of ITEMS crafted. its a base game thing. so if I craft 5 items, Endeavour UI has to count it as FIVE ITEMS. not one.

It probably counts the number of times you input 'R' and not how many items are output.

Zos wants it that way I guess, otherwise why specify 5 items if you only have to do the action once? Might as well say 'Craft an Item'

Craft an Item is not much of an endevour is it?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endeavor: Kill a Delve Boss in Cyrodiil

Has the Stuck in a Cyrodiil Delve Bug been fixed yet?

When Cyrodiil is at high/maxed population, it can be very difficult to leave a delve once you've entered it. Attempting to leave results in the message "destination is full" and remaining in the delve. Solution: queue for Imperial City.

I haven't seen many complaints about it lately, but I also don't remember if there's a Patch Note saying it's been fixed. I bring it up because this is one of those bugs that just won't happen on the PTS, so if it's still happening on LIVE, ZOS might want to rethink this Endeavor.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    multicraft has to count as number of ITEMS crafted. its a base game thing. so if I craft 5 items, Endeavour UI has to count it as FIVE ITEMS. not one.

It probably counts the number of times you input 'R' and not how many items are output.

Zos wants it that way I guess, otherwise why specify 5 items if you only have to do the action once? Might as well say 'Craft an Item'

Except that's bad coding. They said "Craft 5 items" and provided the Multicraft tool to craft 5 items in one click...then didn't allow for the use of their own in-game tool. If they wanted to say "Craft 5 different Woodworking items" then they should have said so.

Crafting 5 items takes more resources than "Craft 1 item" so, no, even your example is not equivalent.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »

Except that's bad coding. They said "Craft 5 items" and provided the Multicraft tool to craft 5 items in one click...then didn't allow for the use of their own in-game tool. If they wanted to say "Craft 5 different Woodworking items" then they should have said so.

Crafting 5 items takes more resources than "Craft 1 item" so, no, even your example is not equivalent.

They could make it "Craft an item ... 5 times" without using too many more characters in the description.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I'm seeing now for dailies is, each for 2 seals and 1500 gold, is:
    • Mine 5 Jewel Seams
    • Kill 2 World Bosses
    • Kill 10 Citizens with the Blade of Woe
    • Complete 1 Quest for Chorrol in Cyrodiil
    • Loot 1 Thieves Trove
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, the weeklies (resetting in a few hours) have an addition. Besides the 3 that have been here all week (cap 1) for 20 seals, there's an addition for 16 seals:
    • Repair 35000 damage to structures in Cyrodiil.

Perhaps that's a buggy preview of one of next week's options?

Note: If you can find a wall to repair at all in Cyrodiil, which you usually can, it's going to have more than 35,000 damage.
    But will that "usually" still apply if there's a weekly endeavor for the repairing?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, the weeklies (resetting in a few hours) have an addition. Besides the 3 that have been here all week (cap 1) for 20 seals, there's an addition for 16 seals:

Note: If you can find a wall to repair at all in Cyrodiil, which you usually can, it's going to have more than 35,000 damage.
    But will that "usually" still apply if there's a weekly endeavor for the repairing?

Interesting. Wall/Door repair kits repair up to 5,000 points of damage, so we're looking at 7 repairs at least.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Wall/Door repair kits repair up to 5,000 points of damage, so we're looking at 7 repairs at least.

Pretty trivial, except for the fear I have for many Endeavors, which is the possibility of many players competing for relatively few opportunities to fulfil them.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For dailies I now/still have the ones I posted a few hours ago.

For weeklies I now have:
    • The first week's (presumably this is a bug).
    • Kill 90 foes wth Class Abilities. (This is easy on certain specs, such as magplar.)
    • Repair 35,000 damage to structures in Cyrodiil.
    • Complete 5 Battleground Matches.

The old ones are still listed as giving 20 seals each. The new ones give 16 each. The cap is still 1.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 26, 2021 6:13AM