The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Endeavors offered

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today they're recycling the first-ever list of daily endeavors, quoted below. The only numbers that have changed are that the rewards are now 2 seals only.

The first two are trivial if you do crafting writs.
    The third is very easy too. (If all else fails, pop into Darkshade 1 or Wayrest 1 or Elden Hollow 1 or Blessed Crucible ...)
    The list of dailies is:
    • Complete 2 Quests
    • Craft 5 items with Blacksmithing
    • Kill 10 Humanoid foes
    • Excavate 2 Purple- or Gold-quality antiquities
    • Complete 2 Public Dungeon group events

The cap is to do 3 of those 5.
    The rewards are identical for each: 3 seals + 1000 gold.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new weekly endeavors, for 24 seals each, are:
    • Kill 8 Players in Cyrodiil.
    • Complete 6 Dungeons.
    • Complete 4 Trials.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new dailies, at the moment, are the same as the ones I posted for yesterday.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for everything you've been doing keeping this updated!

Life got busier than expected and I wasn't able to keep checking the PTS myself on a daily basis so it's been extremely helpful to read through this thread and see what's been offered on different days. The information on instanced places to find the necessary enemies, chests etc. are also appreciated. (Have you considered writing some sort of guide to summarise that info for when the system comes out?)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Thanks for everything you've been doing keeping this updated!

Life got busier than expected and I wasn't able to keep checking the PTS myself on a daily basis so it's been extremely helpful to read through this thread and see what's been offered on different days. The information on instanced places to find the necessary enemies, chests etc. are also appreciated. (Have you considered writing some sort of guide to summarise that info for when the system comes out?)

I think it will be appropriate to start at least two new threads when endeavors go live. One can confirm over the first couple of days whether everybody is still seeing the same endeavors, and also record what actually works to advance them. The other is more what you're suggesting. If I do it, it won't be a neat guide; rather, it will be a collection of tips with the idea that other people will add further ones, or perhaps more detail.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone testing the PVP ones, I'm curious as to what definition ZOS is using for "Kill enemy players."

Is it like the "Kill 20 Enemy Players" bounty quest where the kills you contribute to or that your group makes also count?

Or it more like the Midyear Mayhem achievement, where you need the killing blows for it to count?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For anyone testing the PVP ones, I'm curious as to what definition ZOS is using for "Kill enemy players."

Is it like the "Kill 20 Enemy Players" bounty quest where the kills you contribute to or that your group makes also count?

Or it more like the Midyear Mayhem achievement, where you need the killing blows for it to count?

I bet that's one of those questions that will be easier to answer when the new system goes live. Great example of why we'll still need a "Let's figure out the details" thread then. ;)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't seem to be putting much effort into rotating PTS endeavors any more. We have the same list of dailies (2 Quests, 10 Humanoid Foes, etc.) for the third consecutive day, except that now the reward is 3 seals each.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't seem to be putting much effort into rotating PTS endeavors any more. We have the same list of dailies (2 Quests, 10 Humanoid Foes, etc.) for the third consecutive day, except that now the reward is 3 seals each.

Might be stuck at the end of the list and keep offering the same dailies because of a coding feature. The crafting hirelings do something like this, they keep sending you the same email message forever once they reach the end of their list.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "There are currently no Daily Endeavors available. Pleas check back again later."

Test over, I guess.
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "There are currently no Daily Endeavors available. Pleas check back again later."

Test over, I guess.

I got the same non-list of dailies.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the next thing I checked was what is being offer for sale for seals.

It looks like the answer is:
    • Everything that's available for gems on live ...
    • ... that is of Superior quality or higher ...
    • ... and is not just a generic consumable (the two things I noticed that were left out were an experience scroll and a research scroll).

Warnings on that start:
    • I checked very quickly and could be wrong.
    • We have no evidence of what the prices will be on live.
    • Whatever ZoS now intends could be easily changed after they have actual customer experience.
    • If they really offer their most expensive items at first, it will surely be at prices that are literall impossible to pay. (This follows from the fact that there's a hard cap on the rate of seal acquisition via endeavors, and that we know of no other immediate way to get seals.) And that would be ... weird.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 26, 2021 12:11PM
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your efforts, as a console player unable to access the pts this has been very useful.
    I'd like to ask how many seals you accumulated over the pts and whether you managed to do most of them daily/weekly. I'd just like to get an idea of how long it might take to collect say 500 or 1000 for reference. (although we don't yet know the ratio of gems: seals)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your efforts, as a console player unable to access the pts this has been very useful.
    I'd like to ask how many seals you accumulated over the pts and whether you managed to do most of them daily/weekly. I'd just like to get an idea of how long it might take to collect say 500 or 1000 for reference. (although we don't yet know the ratio of gems: seals)

I accumulated about 2 seals total. I had no motivation to actually grind them on the PTS. ;)
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    Looting a Dolmen chest counts toward the loot chest endeavor :D. I'm just doing dailies and most of my endeavors are completing.
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Esmaralda wrote: »
    Looting a Dolmen chest counts toward the loot chest endeavor :D. I'm just doing dailies and most of my endeavors are completing.

Yep! That's noted in the successor (Live) thread to this one:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7297138#Comment_7297138