The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Endeavors offered

• PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I'm assuming the Complete Public Dungeon Group events works even if you have already done the achievement associated with it?

My concern if it isn't that, is those specific Endeavors have a shelf life before you've completed every Public dungeon on every character and can no longer earn Seals that way. For example, I use Public Dungeons to level my alts. So I have 18 characters that have completed the Group events in every public dungeon.

They surely meant to implement it the way it should be. Somebody should test whether they actually did. :)

I just completed a public dungeon I had the achievement for and got the tick towards the endeavor, so yes they count.
    In fact, I completed the same dungeon twice and it counted both times. So I completed the daily and have 2/7 on the weekly.

@PeacefulAnarchy -- did you have the same list of endeavors as I laid out in the OP?
    Yes, the exact same set of dailies as the OP.
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is sometimes already a solid 2nd job. This will take the labor to another level.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    ESO is sometimes already a solid 2nd job. This will take the labor to another level.

If you already have a first job, I think ZOS intends for you to just buy the crates directly. You could get an actual second job to buy more crates or if you don't have 2 jobs, you have plenty of time to do Endeavors every day. Everybody wins... kinda.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first I learned of the endevour system being active on the PTS is when I finished the main quest tutorial (getting out of Coldharbour) and saw 3 seals in the list of loot on the right side of the screen. All I'd done on the PTS at that point was two tutorials - the new one and the Coldharbour one.

To me that suggests that it's very easy to get some seals. I won't be surprised if trying to do every single daily endeavour every day is overwhelming (and the same for the weekly ones) but it looks like even if you want to ignore the system entirely you'll occasionally get some seals just by playing normally and will eventually be able to buy something with them.

(In fact it might actually prove to be more effort to avoid ever doing any endeavours than to do one or two each day you're playing.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    overall the types of quests seem relatively fair thus far given that the amounts you ear are low for dailies and higher for weekly endeavors. However, we still don't know what the conversion is for redemption. and that is really what we need to know.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »

We already have gold, crown gems, alliance points, tel var stones, writ vouchers, undaunted keys, transmute crystals...
    Maybe ESO will implement real gold or bitcoins next time, so we make this our only job ;)
    Edited by miteba on April 20, 2021 10:05PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting on PTS to patch (I swear I did it this morning while I was getting ready for work) but I'd like to test to see if weekly endeavors are counted as first completed or first made progress toward.

If I do a world boss first, then do a dungeon, am I now locked to doing the weekly as the kill 30 world bosses since it's the first I made progress on or can I do 6 more dungeons and have that count as the weekly instead since I finished it first?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on PTS to patch (I swear I did it this morning while I was getting ready for work) but I'd like to test to see if weekly endeavors are counted as first completed or first made progress toward.

If I do a world boss first, then do a dungeon, am I now locked to doing the weekly as the kill 30 world bosses since it's the first I made progress on or can I do 6 more dungeons and have that count as the weekly instead since I finished it first?

I can tell you there's nothing in the UI to suggest that the stupid, complicated version is what was implemented.

But I'm not aware of any actual tests.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No you aren't locked out of anything, you can progress each bar as much as you like and do not have to avoid x activity in order for y activity to count - it is the first ones that reach completion (eg 30/30, 7/7 etc) that give the seal rewards

EDIT: Did 3 of the dailies in about 10 minutes, the weeklies are unbalanced though - 30 world bosses is an insanely high number compared to 7 dungeons or 7 public dungeon group events - no-one is likely to ever opt to do the 30 WB one
    Edited by Epona222 on April 20, 2021 10:29PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭

I admit i didnt tested it but i am sure that the you can do many "events" at same type, the first that will meet the objective will be flagged as done!
    When you achieve the first three objectives, of five, you will not receive any more endeavors seals.

This works very similar to other games dailys/weeklys like, for instance, Fortnite, where you have these casual objectives (some related to combat, others crafting, others exploring), that when you do them, if by purpose or only by playing it casual, you get the bonus xp. The order doesn't matter at all...
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Second day of daily endeavors are now up. Notes on that start:
    • Rewards are NOT the same as the first day's!! They are now all 1 seal plus 10K cash.
    • The cap is still to do 3 of the 5 options.
    • I checked more carefully that the turnover is at 2 am Eastern. ;)

The endeavors are:
    • Pickpocket 1 item
    • Craft 2 items w/ Clothier skill
    • Kill 1 Beast
    • Harvest 2 alchemical nodes (true nodes -- pure water or plant -- rather than killing stuff or opening containers)
    • Complete 1 duel

Are other folks getting the same choices?
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    overall the types of quests seem relatively fair thus far given that the amounts you ear are low for dailies and higher for weekly endeavors. However, we still don't know what the conversion is for redemption. and that is really what we need to know.

I would guess that at best it'll be a 1:1 ratio. That is, 1 seal = 1 gem. With this balance, a player who plays five days a week and earns 3 seals each day could earn a single legendary item in about 6 weeks. Anything apex or higher would require extensive savings, gambling, and/or grinding.

The purpose of endeavors is almost certainly to create a new skinner box that helps expose players to the in-game gambling system for profit-making purposes. They will not set a ratio that allows players to reasonably earn everything in the gamble crates during a season, not being a charity and all. For players who are at less risk of gaming addiction, this system will allow them to earn a few nice things without gambling (yay!). For players who are at risk of gaming addiction, this new skinner box is a dangerous gateway for them (boo!).

If, by some miracle, the monetization designers tailored this system in a way that doesn't risk exploitation of a portion of the player base, it'll be a fantastic addition to the game (hopefully, followed shortly after by removal of the inherently predatory gamble crates in their entirety). Based on the historical escalations in monetization of this game, I'm not expecting a miracle.
    Edited by Starlock on April 21, 2021 5:28PM
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, same choices same rewards.

Interested to see if there's a cycle.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Hollow City will be very popular on days with today's list of Endeavors. :)
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    world boss endeavor is pretty much something I'll likely be skipping. even with companions its just way WAY too much out of the way stuff.

public events is easier and slightly less grindy, but still very much out of the way thing for most people.

7 dungeons... blah. i guess if you run pledges regularly...

3 more things so far. endeavors should at least give a pop up or show up in announcements. they are extremely unintuitive to find otherwise.

multicraft has to count as number of ITEMS crafted. its a base game thing. so if I craft 5 items, Endeavour UI has to count it as FIVE ITEMS. not one.

2 purple of gold quality antiquities as a DAILY endeavor is too much. blue seems more reasonable as you can just go do a repeatable treasure.

@Linaleah,

I rated your post Awesome just because I noticed a Vorkosigan quote in your signature. (Folks: Bujold's Vorkosigan books are perhaps the single best space opera series ever.)

As for ESO -- did you actually check your endeavors and come up with the same list I had in the OP?

thanks :) and 100% yes to both Vorkosigan saga AND the list of weekly endeavors. they seem to be the same for everyone, at least as far as I could see.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DarcyMardin seems to have had the same second-day list of endeavors as I did, correct?
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DarcyMardin seems to have had the same second-day list of endeavors as I did, correct?

Yes, the same. And here’s another glass raised to the Vorkosigan series!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

EDIT: Did 3 of the dailies in about 10 minutes, the weeklies are unbalanced though - 30 world bosses is an insanely high number compared to 7 dungeons or 7 public dungeon group events - no-one is likely to ever opt to do the 30 WB one
    Even the 7 dungeons vs. 7 PD group event is a huge difference. In the base game those PD event bosses can barely be called group content. You could knock out 7 in 10 minutes. The Alik'r PD's group event is based on a puzzle, so you don't even need to wait on a spawn timer. And Auridon's PD group event barely has a timer to speak of.
    Edited by driosketch on April 21, 2021 10:51PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Even the 7 dungeons vs. 7 PD group event is a huge difference. In the base game those PD event bosses can barely be called group content. You could knock out 7 in 10 minutes. The Alik'r PD's group event is based on a puzzle, so you don't even need to wait on a spawn timer. And Auridon's PD group event barely has a timer to speak of.

I'm not sure that loading screens and travel time would permit a literal 10 minute completion, even absent the problem of respawn timers, but one can surely do them in a few minutes each on average.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not sure that loading screens and travel time would permit a literal 10 minute completion, even absent the problem of respawn timers, but one can surely do them in a few minutes each on average.

Are we talking from log in or from in the game? Because once you get to one of these events, killing the boss every minute is doable from an Alt parked in that location.
    I'm assuming the Complete Public Dungeon Group events works even if you have already done the achievement associated with it?

My concern if it isn't that, is those specific Endeavors have a shelf life before you've completed every Public dungeon on every character and can no longer earn Seals that way. For example, I use Public Dungeons to level my alts. So I have 18 characters that have completed the Group events in every public dungeon.

They surely meant to implement it the way it should be. Somebody should test whether they actually did. :)

I just completed a public dungeon I had the achievement for and got the tick towards the endeavor, so yes they count.
    In fact, I completed the same dungeon twice and it counted both times. So I completed the daily and have 2/7 on the weekly.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Are we talking from log in or from in the game? Because once you get to one of these events, killing the boss every minute is doable from an Alt parked in that location.

I park my alts where they can do crafting writs.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I park my alts where they can do crafting writs.

If you're doing crafting writs on all 18 characters, then loading screens aren't really an issue for you.

In anycase, Sunday run one character out to the PD, run 7 group events and log out. Monday, load that character, run 7 more group events, then port to your Writ town of choice. Easy.
    Edited by driosketch on April 22, 2021 2:14AM
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Now the only question is, what is 3 or 20 seals worth, are they equal to gems? Thus, 25 lethal poison after a "day of work"?

But not bad in general, you can really do that "on the side".
    It looks like the max seals you will be able to earn a week is 41. 1 weekly quest for 20 seals and 1 seal x 3 quests x 7 days. If we do 1 seal = 1 gem, this means that one apex mount would cost 9 -10 weeks worth of seals and the cheapest radiant would cost just over 29 weeks while the most expensive radiant would cost just over a year to get, if you logged in and did seals every day.

Id say that is probably about where they want it. Radiants would be very slow to get this way but if you have patience and grind you can obtain the radiants you want. I would say a 1 seal to 1 gem value is a fair value as you don't want it so easy that it discourages a lot of crown purchases.
    • Rewards are NOT the same as the first day's!! They are now all 1 seal plus 10K cash.
    • The cap is still to do 3 of the 5 options.
    • I checked more carefully that the turnover is at 2 am Eastern. ;)

The endeavors are:
    • Pickpocket 1 item
    • Craft 2 items w/ Clothier skill
    • Kill 1 Beast
    • Harvest 2 alchemical nodes (true nodes -- pure water or plant -- rather than killing stuff or opening containers)
    • Complete 1 duel

Yes those are the quests i have for today as well.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »
    It looks like the max seals you will be able to earn a week is 41. 1 weekly quest for 20 seals and 1 seal x 3 quests x 7 days.
    I agree with your general analysis, but we don't know how many seals are earnable. The first day each task was 3 seals. They may alternate between 1/2/3 or maybe more or maybe the first 3 seal day was just to get us some seals to start testing.
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I had the same choices on one of my accounts, but I logged in at 11:30 PM Eastern (April 21) and here's what I have on one of my other accounts.
    • Kill 10 Foes with Class Abilities
    • Craft 4 Items with the Enchanting Skill
    • Loot 2 Treasure Chests
    • Defeat 1 Patrolling Horror in the Imperial City Districts
    • Complete 1 Battleground Match

3 Seals and instead of Gold, the reward is 5 Transmute crystals per task.

Screenshot in the spoiler below.
    to5slsaqtqih.jpg

*Edit* - I didn't realize there's a known bug where you can see different tasks depending on what zone you are in. When I ported to Vvardenfell to do the Enchanting endeavor, my task list changed and showed the same ones that @FrancisCrawford had for April 21. And when I ported back to Western Skyrim (or several other zones I tried), then my task list changed back to what I show above and all my tasks were reset BUT I kept all the Seals/Gold/Transmute Crystals I had gained. So I could keep going back and forth from Vvardenfell to W. Skyrim (or other zones) and do the tasks and get unlimited Seals/Gold/Transmute Crystals. Yes, I have reported it as an bug/exploit and so have others here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570476/pts-update-30-feedback-thread-for-endeavors/

Edited by vailjohn_ESO on April 22, 2021 5:19AM
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I had the same choices on one of my accounts, but I logged in at 11:30 PM Eastern (April 21) and here's what I have on one of my other accounts.
    • Loot 2 Treasure Chests

Instead of Gold, the reward is 5 Transmute crystals per task.

to5slsaqtqih.jpg

Yikes. Only 2 of those 5 are automatically easy. And you getting a different set of choices contradicts the apparent trend that everybody would get the same endeavors.

Wait a moment! Your screen shot says that that list resets in MORE than a day. So perhaps it's the April 22 list, and you got it a few hours early.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 22, 2021 5:05AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm seeing Pickpocket 3 items, not 1.

Perhaps I got it wrong. Perhaps it changed.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Loot 2 Treasure Chests

to5slsaqtqih.jpg

Yikes. Only 2 of those 5 are automatically easy. And you getting a different set of choices contradicts the apparent trend that everybody would get the same endeavors.

Wait a moment! Your screen shot says that that list resets in MORE than a day. So perhaps it's the April 22 list, and you got it a few hours early.

I'd say 3 of those are easy. 10 overland mobs with a class skill of choice. 4 glyphs with Ta. Even without any enchant skill you can do this. 2 treasure chests takes a couple minutes. I agree that the patrolling horror isn't something I'd go out of my way to do and while a BG match is guaranteed the queue + match itself are longer than the first three would be.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

• Loot 2 Treasure Chests

to5slsaqtqih.jpg

I'd say 3 of those are easy. 10 overland mobs with a class skill of choice. 4 glyphs with Ta. Even without any enchant skill you can do this. 2 treasure chests takes a couple minutes. I agree that the patrolling horror isn't something I'd go out of my way to do and while a BG match is guaranteed the queue + match itself are longer than the first three would be.

Not everybody has a reliable route for treasure chests, especially if they play during peak hours on a day when everybody else will be looking for treasure chests as well. I could imagine people camping known chest spawn points overland. And the alternative of seeking them out in a dungeon can be a bit time-consuming, especially if you don't have an antiquarian who can easily solo Banished Cells 1.

Upon reflection, I'll probably be OK with that endeavor, but many folks won't ..
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

• Loot 2 Treasure Chests

3 Seals and instead of Gold, the reward is 5 Transmute crystals per task.

to5slsaqtqih.jpg

*Edit* - I didn't realize there's a known bug where you can see different tasks depending on what zone you are in. When I ported to Vvardenfell to do the Enchanting endeavor, my task list changed and showed the same ones that @FrancisCrawford had for April 21. And when I ported back to Western Skyrim (or several other zones I tried), then my task list changed back to what I show above and all my tasks were reset BUT I kept all the Seals/Gold/Transmute Crystals I had gained. So I could keep going back and forth from Vvardenfell to W. Skyrim (or other zones) and do the tasks and get unlimited Seals/Gold/Transmute Crystals. Yes, I have reported it as an bug/exploit and so have others here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570476/pts-update-30-feedback-thread-for-endeavors/

My list at 2:04 am EST April 22 is now the same as the quoted one.