The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Endeavors offered

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Edit: Now that Endeavors have gone live, there is a successor thread to this one:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7297138#Comment_7297138

Obvious questions about endeavors start:
  • What are we asked to do?
  • What are the rewards for doing those things?
  • Are the Endeavors always the same, or do they change?
  • If they change, do they do so on fixed rotation?
  • If they change, are they the same for everybody the same day?
  • Are the caps per-character or per account?

Data points start:

On my first PTS log-in, I'm seeing the same list of offered Endeavors on two characters.

The list of dailies is:
  • Complete 2 Quests
  • Craft 5 items with Blacksmithing
  • Kill 10 Humanoid foes
  • Excavate 2 Purple- or Gold-quality antiquities
  • Complete 2 Public Dungeon group events

The cap is to do 3 of those 5.
The rewards are identical for each: 3 seals + 1000 gold.
One of my characters is not an antiquarian.

The list of weeklies is:
  • Kill 30 World Bosses
  • Complete 7 Dungeons
  • Complete 7 Public Dungeon group events

The cap on those is 1 of 3.
The reward is 20 seals.
Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 17, 2021 9:54PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Note: Crafting writs are on a fixed rotation. So "craft some items" endeavors are easy -- just do that day's crafting writ, and make progress on the next day's too.

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-clothier-writs/ was the first link I saw that purported to spell out the exact rotation.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, while I didn't check this carefully, I think the rollover time for new Endeavors is the same time as when most daily quests rollover, currently 2 am Eastern. The weeklies seem to roll over 2 am Monday morning.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now the only question is, what is 3 or 20 seals worth, are they equal to gems? Thus, 25 lethal poison after a "day of work"?

But not bad in general, you can really do that "on the side".
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Public Dungeon Events count credit for both the Daily and the Weekly? I figure if it comes up at least 4 days out of the week, you can do 2 a day and count towards the weekly too.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my first thought

Do dailies apply to complete two quest?

Does completing the dungeon/group event count if you've already gotten the way quests/skill point from them?

Basically, if you've already done most pve content, does doing it again count or our we going to need alts?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Now the only question is, what is 3 or 20 seals worth, are they equal to gems? Thus, 25 lethal poison after a "day of work"?

We may not know until live, because that information is hidden on the PTS.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ZoS is keeping this close to the vest at the moment. According to the patch notes, all items cost only one seal right now. I'm sure they don't want to show us the real prices and deal with the fallout before the chapter even drops.

I haven't logged in to PTS yet but I'm curious to see how the endeavors are accepted and then turned in. Do I need to go somewhere to grab them or are they hanging out in my journal? Does completing them complete it automatically so the first 3 dailies I do are the ones that count or do I need to speak with someone to complete it and be rewarded?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant test due to playing on console
    But the way i understood the patch note is that the endevor are acount wide so you can just do the antiquity one one your antiquarian
    Am i missing something?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remathilis wrote: »
    So my first thought

Do dailies apply to complete two quest?

Does completing the dungeon/group event count if you've already gotten the way quests/skill point from them?

Basically, if you've already done most pve content, does doing it again count or our we going to need alts?

The simple interpretation is that dailies count, because you're actually doing quests, while simply redoing the quest objectives for a completed quest would NOT count.

Easiest way would be to just do crafting writs. :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

ZoS is keeping this close to the vest at the moment. According to the patch notes, all items cost only one seal right now. I'm sure they don't want to show us the real prices and deal with the fallout before the chapter even drops.

I haven't logged in to PTS yet but I'm curious to see how the endeavors are accepted and then turned in. Do I need to go somewhere to grab them or are they hanging out in my journal? Does completing them complete it automatically so the first 3 dailies I do are the ones that count or do I need to speak with someone to complete it and be rewarded?

The patch notes suggested it's automatic.
    The UI looks like the one for achievements, where completion is automatic.
    It looks like the rewards are always the same, so there's no downside to automatic completion.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant test due to playing on console
    But the way i understood the patch note is that the endevor are acount wide so you can just do the antiquity one one your antiquarian
    Am i missing something?

I just thought of an easy way to test this. Hang on ...
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK. I just did two crafting writs.
    • I got a message telling me the Daily Endeavor was complete.
    • 3 seals showed up in my currency inventory.
    • I logged into another character, and the Endeavor was listed as completed for him.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK. I did one more test, crafting 2 items on one character and 3 on another, and thereby finishing a craft-5-items Endeavor.

So it seems that:

Endeavors are automatically completed, without any kind of manual turn-in step.
    Endeavors and Endeavor caps are account-wide in every way.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 20, 2021 5:08PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems insanely easy, I'm surprised tbh. Can do all of them but antiquities on a straight outta bleakrock char, that's also nice to know.
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    Does everyone get the same Endeavors each day/week? Or are they unique to each account?
    Meaning, can I complete them with a friend?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems insanely easy, I'm surprised tbh. Can do all of them but antiquities on a straight outta bleakrock char, that's also nice to know.

Like a daily log-in reward, except you have to at least do SOMETHING.

From this list of dailies, for example, 2 are automatic if you do crafting writs, but otherwise you have to go somewhere and kill stuff (or dig, but you won't always have that many leads active).

And the weeklies are non-trivial, especially once you're done doing public dungeons for skill points and doing Mages Guild dailies to level your companions' skill line.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does everyone get the same Endeavors each day/week? Or are they unique to each account?

We won't know until more people post what their Endeavor options are. ;)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming the Complete Public Dungeon Group events works even if you have already done the achievement associated with it?

My concern if it isn't that, is those specific Endeavors have a shelf life before you've completed every Public dungeon on every character and can no longer earn Seals that way. For example, I use Public Dungeons to level my alts. So I have 18 characters that have completed the Group events in every public dungeon.
    Edited by jaws343 on April 20, 2021 5:23PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silly question but.. where are you even seeing those? because i cannot find them anywhere at all

edited, nevermind, found them

something to bear in mind. IF you select craft 5 items for the endeavor? it counts as a single item. you have to craft each of them individualy. which is... I'm hoping an oversight.

I'm not using any addons on pts btw, so this is base game thing.
    Edited by Linaleah on April 20, 2021 5:34PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We won't know until more people post what their Endeavor options are. ;)

I'd be surprised if the Endeavors aren't the same for everyone every day/week. Similar to F76 dailies. Allowing players to group up to accomplish some of them together.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    something to bear in mind. IF you select craft 5 items for the endeavor? it counts as a single item. you have to craft each of them individualy. which is... I'm hoping an oversight.

I already mentioned that point in Gina's official feedback thread. The more people who post there deploring it, the better.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I'm assuming the Complete Public Dungeon Group events works even if you have already done the achievement associated with it?

My concern if it isn't that, is those specific Endeavors have a shelf life before you've completed every Public dungeon on every character and can no longer earn Seals that way. For example, I use Public Dungeons to level my alts. So I have 18 characters that have completed the Group events in every public dungeon.

They surely meant to implement it the way it should be. Somebody should test whether they actually did. :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the weeklies are about as grindy as I expected them to be. They are time sinks, pure and simple.

- complete 7 dungeons is entirely reasonable if you already do your Daily random or Pledges. Otherwise, this is a big time commitment. I predict we're going to see more fake tanks going for quick queues on these weeks.

- complete 7 public dungeon group events takes me back to the Witches Festival, sitting there waiting for the 3 Kwama to spawn in Deshaan. Here, the time sink is the time it takes the bosses to respawn. This is gonna be a real thriller!

- kill 30 World Bosses. I dunno, maybe this is great for people who farm WBs for dailies, but this is not something that's part of my regular gameplay. Again, during the Witches Festival, the big time sink is waiting for the boss to spawn so he can get nuked
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    world boss endeavor is pretty much something I'll likely be skipping. even with companions its just way WAY too much out of the way stuff.

public events is easier and slightly less grindy, but still very much out of the way thing for most people.

7 dungeons... blah. i guess if you run pledges regularly...

3 more things so far. endeavors should at least give a pop up or show up in announcements. they are extremely unintuitive to find otherwise.

multicraft has to count as number of ITEMS crafted. its a base game thing. so if I craft 5 items, Endeavour UI has to count it as FIVE ITEMS. not one.

2 purple of gold quality antiquities as a DAILY endeavor is too much. blue seems more reasonable as you can just go do a repeatable treasure.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the weeklies are about as grindy as I expected them to be. They are time sinks, pure and simple.

- complete 7 dungeons is entirely reasonable if you already do your Daily random or Pledges. Otherwise, this is a big time commitment. I predict we're going to see more fake tanks going for quick queues on these weeks.

- complete 7 public dungeon group events takes me back to the Witches Festival, sitting there waiting for the 3 Kwama to spawn in Deshaan. Here, the time sink is the time it takes the bosses to respawn. This is gonna be a real thriller!

- kill 30 World Bosses. I dunno, maybe this is great for people who farm WBs for dailies, but this is not something that's part of my regular gameplay. Again, during the Witches Festival, the big time sink is waiting for the boss to spawn so he can get nuked

7 public dungeon group events will be fine the first few times it comes around. I have 18 characters, and there are 2 new public dungeons with this chapter. :) Further, the companion system will lead us to grind Mages Guild dailies an as-yet-unknown number of times, and waiting for the boss while you're doing that anyway isn't a horrible biggie. Finally, we'll want to grind some XP with our companions, and where better than our favorite public dungeons?

But at some point that will all wear out ...
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They surely meant to implement it the way it should be. Somebody should test whether they actually did. :)

I just completed a public dungeon I had the achievement for and got the tick towards the endeavor, so yes they count.
    In fact, I completed the same dungeon twice and it counted both times. So I completed the daily and have 2/7 on the weekly.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I just completed a public dungeon I had the achievement for and got the tick towards the endeavor, so yes they count.
    In fact, I completed the same dungeon twice and it counted both times. So I completed the daily and have 2/7 on the weekly.

@PublicAnarchy -- did you have the same list of endeavors as I laid out in the OP?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 20, 2021 9:28PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    world boss endeavor is pretty much something I'll likely be skipping. even with companions its just way WAY too much out of the way stuff.

public events is easier and slightly less grindy, but still very much out of the way thing for most people.

7 dungeons... blah. i guess if you run pledges regularly...

3 more things so far. endeavors should at least give a pop up or show up in announcements. they are extremely unintuitive to find otherwise.

multicraft has to count as number of ITEMS crafted. its a base game thing. so if I craft 5 items, Endeavour UI has to count it as FIVE ITEMS. not one.

2 purple of gold quality antiquities as a DAILY endeavor is too much. blue seems more reasonable as you can just go do a repeatable treasure.

@Linaleah,

I rated your post Awesome just because I noticed a Vorkosigan quote in your signature. (Folks: Bujold's Vorkosigan books are perhaps the single best space opera series ever.)

As for ESO -- did you actually check your endeavors and come up with the same list I had in the OP?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My list is identical to yours OP.

Doing the Public Dungeon Group Activity counted for both the daily and the weekly.

I had already done that group activity and it counted. So does not need to be the first time doing it on a character.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points