Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Extended maintenance Again ?

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, 62+ hours of downtime (if it's not gonna get extended again), and all we get is »we extend Jubilee on all platforms«? It's a bit (too) less, don't you think. What's about ESO+-subscriptions? (Yeah, I know, TOS, blahblah...). What's about the users? Their confidence? Tell me, why should I spend (real) money on your game, if I don't even know, if/when I could use the things I bought? It is not the first time you update the PS-megaservers, and also not the first time you f*cked it up. And also not the first time with extensions 5 minutes after the predicted time was over. You can't tell me, you've noticed it just then, that you couldn't get the servers up and running. That's simply bad communication.

What if ZoS agrees that they messed up real bad with PS platforms and decided to just drop the PSN altogether and made it an Xbox and PC exclusive?

I can't see that happening. Business is businesss, and that is a hell of a lot of money on PS4 and PS5.

I would like to see them show some extra love to PS players though. Extend the event for all platforms, great... but PS4/PS5 players have been hit by this. Show some love and respect to players on that platform. Some form of consolatory gesture
    Options
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for demands, bashing, and discussing moderator actions, all being against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.

With all due respectfulness, it's quite hard to offer anything constructive when your company mismanages as horrible as this. You've moved the trader switch to Tuesday, and still insist on performing the maintenance around it. This is now the second time I won't be able to place a bid because of your abysmal timing. This could have easily been prevented, and it should have. Save your maintenance until after the trader switches.

PS: extending the event across all platforms? For the hardship your beloved Microsoft-users endured by the downtime on PS..?
    Cicadas emerge in synchrony only in year-cycles that are prime numbers. We live in a simulation.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're about 20 min past the extended time. What is going on? Are we getting more extended time or servers coming online soon? Lack of communication is appalling and incompetent.

The moment that Gina said that it was a client issue (the post shortly after noon), anyone familiar with software development would've known that "maintenance" would take over 24 hours, because new client builds take time. There was just no way it would've come up today, and ZOS should've admitted to that much earlier instead of leading people on.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    So PS4 gets screwed over with already one day missing from event, + 2 more... and Xbox and PC benefit by an extra 2 days added?

WOW

This is how they've always done it. During one of the anniversary events years ago, PC/EU had issues, and everyone (including PS4) got extensions.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we just have working game from last patch in meantime. Not like this patch was fixing anything game breaking.
    Options
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    So PS4 gets screwed over with already one day missing from event, + 2 more... and Xbox and PC benefit by an extra 2 days added?

WOW

This is how they've always done it. During one of the anniversary events years ago, PC/EU had issues, and everyone (including PS4) got extensions.

Tradition: Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
    Cicadas emerge in synchrony only in year-cycles that are prime numbers. We live in a simulation.
    Options
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    @wolfpaw you act like psn users never send a single complaint to Sony. Believe me, they do. But complaining to just Sony doesn’t fix anything cause at the end of the day it isn’t on Sony to issue fixes or communicate to us that maintenance was extended or why. This is why I called out your comment cause you are missing the mark on the advice you are trying to provide.

*If* enough reports pour into Sony, they will force ZoS' hand. Just look at Cyberpunk...
    Edited by Diminish on April 6, 2021 2:13AM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kmcaj wrote: »
    Why can't we just have working game from last patch in meantime. Not like this patch was fixing anything game breaking.

It would take another hours-long maintenance to re-deploy last patch to revert this, and then another hours-long maintenance to deploy the current patch sometime within 24-48 hours. The game would still be down much of the next couple of days that way anyhow, so why waste everyone’s time and data flip-flopping?
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meilink18 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for demands, bashing, and discussing moderator actions, all being against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

With all due respectfulness, it's quite hard to offer anything constructive when your company mismanages as horrible as this. You've moved the trader switch to Tuesday, and still insist on performing the maintenance around it. This is now the second time I won't be able to place a bid because of your abysmal timing. This could have easily been prevented, and it should have. Save your maintenance until after the trader switches.

PS: extending the event across all platforms? For the hardship your beloved Microsoft-users endured by the downtime on PS..?

Why leave bidding til last minute. We had all week to bid.
    Options
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

We also have all week to collect the gold to be able to make the bid.
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

The last minute is when guilds have the most gold to make the bids. Nobody expected this sort of debacle.
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, it's ZoS's way of best trying to make things fair by extending the event across all platforms. As a PS player myself I find that it sucks that Xbox and PC are benefitting to our current dumpster fire, but what's the alternative??

A). Let the event run out until it expires. PC and Xbox get the full experience, PS get the whatever is left when things get back online.

B. Extend the event across all platforms, this has the least amount of risk of breaking any other things in the game and PS players at least get the full original time of the event, and yes PC and Xbox get additional time, which is unfortunate to be a PS player.

C). Only extend the event for PS players and not the other platforms and from the looks of things could break other things in the game on other platforms including PS which would probably just make things worse creating more delays.

As a company which is the best choice? All ZoS has to do is get PS back online and the mob will calm down, until then at least we have a place to vent even if nothing is obtained by doing so...at least we have that going for us.

Edited by MooseKnuckles88 on April 5, 2021 11:39PM
    Options
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    Sharing is caring... Jubilee event is TESO their birthday when the situation was the other way around a few years back on the PC server we also got a extended Jubilee.. nobody was complaining about that, let them enjoy a few extra days of Jubilee :)
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
    Options
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a PS4 and a xbox.

Got the PS4 when I wanted to play Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE, because I did not want to invest money again for a new PC (after playing on PC for 25 years).

A problem came up though.
    Bethesda added mod-support to both games (addons).
    Sony however decided to cripple this support, they do not allow "external assets" in the mods, this means new textures, meshes and sounds.

So on PS4 the ability to change your outfit was limited to a recolour, while xbox offered cool stuff like the sexy skimpy armors from PC.

I still have the PS4 for my VR games, but play Fallout, skyrim and ESO on xbox for this reason.
    A company that cripples games in such a drastic manner is no longer convincing me to buy games on their platform.

We don't know what the reason is for the current issue on PS4, but I would not be astonished if it is another issue caused by the restrictive settings of that system.

So unless we know details, I think it is useless to bash ZOS. (though I wonder why the QS did not detect this issue before releasing it).
    Options
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, it's ZoS's way of best trying to make things fair by extending the event across all platforms. As a PS player myself I find that it sucks that Xbox and PC are benefitting to our current dumpster fire, but what's the alternative??

A). Let the event run out until it expires. PC and Xbox get the full experience, PS get the whatever is left when things get back online.

B. Extend the event across all platforms, this has the least amount of risk of breaking any other things in the game and PS players at least get the full original time of the event, and yes PC and Xbox get additional time, which is unfortunate to be a PS player.

C). Only extend the event for PS players and not the other platforms and from the looks of things could break other things in the game on other platforms including PS which would probably just make things worse creating more delays.

As a company which is the best choice? All ZoS has to do is get PS back online and the mob will calm down, until then at least we have a place to vent even if nothing is obtained by doing so...at least we have that going for us.

Nah, its really not that hard. They did it for the Heroes Reforged event. Console players got a week longer than PC because they didn't get the update until a week after. This didn't cause problems. They can do it again.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW

Tradition: Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Why is it stupid though? PC players and EU players aren't competiting with us for most event items. Them getting extra days has absolutely no impact on us. And it's easier for ZOS just to flip things on and off for everyone.
    Options
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questions I have as a PS player:
    1. How will guild trader flips on the PS servers be handled?
    2. Will we be compensated for the daily rewards we will be missing out on?
    3. Will we be compensated for the 2+ days of down server time? I know you’re extending the event but at the end of the day Xbox and PC are getting more rewards than us.
    4. For those of us who pay for eso+, will we be reimbursed for this substantial down time from the game?
    5. Is this what we have to expect for every PS server maintenances? This has happened the past 2 weeks (granted today is worse than last week).
    Options
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭
    I have a PS4 and a xbox.

Got the PS4 when I wanted to play Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE, because I did not want to invest money again for a new PC (after playing on PC for 25 years).

A problem came up though.
    Bethesda added mod-support to both games (addons).
    Sony however decided to cripple this support, they do not allow "external assets" in the mods, this means new textures, meshes and sounds.

So on PS4 the ability to change your outfit was limited to a recolour, while xbox offered cool stuff like the sexy skimpy armors from PC.

I still have the PS4 for my VR games, but play Fallout, skyrim and ESO on xbox for this reason.
    A company that cripples games in such a drastic manner is no longer convincing me to buy games on their platform.

We don't know what the reason is for the current issue on PS4, but I would not be astonished if it is another issue caused by the restrictive settings of that system.

So unless we know details, I think it is useless to bash ZOS. (though I wonder why the QS did not detect this issue before releasing it).

It's not just about technical restrictions though. It's the poor communication, lack of (timely) updates, and the timing/decision to perform this patch maintenance in the middle of an event, the day before the traders switch.
    Options
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

WOW

Why is it stupid though? PC players and EU players aren't competiting with us for most event items. Them getting extra days has absolutely no impact on us. And it's easier for ZOS just to flip things on and off for everyone.

Because it doesn't really feel like being compensated for anything, if those that don't have anything to be compensated get the same treatment.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW

Because it doesn't really feel like being compensated for anything, if those that don't have anything to be compensated get the same treatment.

It does to me. I got something I would have not gotten otherwise due to my problems with the service. Why doesn't it to you? Why do you feel that way, I mean.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 5, 2021 11:55PM
    Options
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    @wolfpaw you act like psn users never send a single complaint to Sony. Believe me, they do. But complaining to just Sony doesn’t fix anything cause at the end of the day it isn’t on Sony to issue fixes or communicate to us that maintenance was extended or why. This is why I called out your comment cause you are missing the mark on the advice you are trying to provide.

*If* enough reports poor into Sony, they will force ZoS' hand. Just look at Cyberpunk...

They have forced ZOS’s hand in the past, they quickly had to patch the crash issue from dragonhold
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*If* enough reports poor into Sony, they will force ZoS' hand. Just look at Cyberpunk...

They have forced ZOS’s hand in the past, they quickly had to patch the crash issue from dragonhold

👍

Sony Support 1-800-345-7669

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PlayStation
    Options
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭

WOW

It does to me. I got something I would have not gotten otherwise due to my problems with the service. Why doesn't it to you? Why do you feel that way, I mean.

I personally don't care at all about the event, I just get that the laziness of this form of compensation pisses people off even more. I feel uncompensated mainly because my trading guilds will have a full week of unwanted locations due to ZoS' timing.. Adding days to an event doesn't compensate for that at all
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just when y’thought JestFest was over Zos comes in with an blindside AprilFools
    tenor.gif
    Options
  • EldrathLlewain
    Maybe all the glitches will be fixed when everything comes bk up? Or maybe they can figure out which programmer is bugging their code.
    Options
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

👍

In the past, PS4 and Xbox were on equal footing. Sony is now a direct competitor to ZOS parent company. PS players may want to be careful rocking that boat, lest you rock yourselves right into the ocean.

Edited by ThorianB on April 6, 2021 2:18AM
    Options
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same every year
    Options
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    Computers can break more than once in a week. Servers are computers, and the cloud runs on servers.

Do I really need to point out that ZOS has probably figured out to use more than one server for North America? It's not about computers breaking, it's about software bugs.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »

👍

In the past, PS4 and Xbox were on equal footing. Sony is now a direct competitor to ZOS parent company. PS players may want to be careful rocking that boat, lest you rock yourselves right into the ocean.

Not my loss in sales. I'm ok with the gaming industry being held to a higher standard.

"Go then. There are other worlds than these."
    -Jake C

Edited by Wolfpaw on April 6, 2021 2:35AM
    Options
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »

👍

Yes, because I'm sure Microsoft and ZeniMax are more than happy to throw away a lot of revenue because — *GASP* — some PS players had the *nerve* to complain.

If that's the case, maybe economic populism and monopoly-breaking should become the new normal.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
    Options
This discussion has been closed.