Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Extended maintenance Again ?

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Rittings wrote: »
    Alpharos7 wrote: »
    The question is do you guys really want to hear the news? It doesn't look good at this point...

I'd agree with this. Poor Gina is probably trying to work out the best way to break bad news to all the outraged peeps on here. I get why people are mad, heck - I'm normally leading the charge with my golden pitchfork... but today ain't something they dreamed of happening... we can save all our "we told you so's" for another time... let's just let 'em focus right now :)

I don't think anyone's accusing them of planning this, but it's been badly mismanaged - one post with a brief explanation and a (broken) promise to keep us updated really isn't good enough. Honestly by this point they should at least be telling us they'll add a day on to the event or something.

They have updated... it's going to take 24-48 hours. Like I said...we need to give them time and calm.
    Options
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    The question is do you guys really want to hear the news? It doesn't look good at this point...

I'd agree with this. Poor Gina is probably trying to work out the best way to break bad news to all the outraged peeps on here. I get why people are mad, heck - I'm normally leading the charge with my golden pitchfork... but today ain't something they dreamed of happening... we can save all our "we told you so's" for another time... let's just let 'em focus right now :)

I don't think anyone's accusing them of planning this, but it's been badly mismanaged - one post with a brief explanation and a (broken) promise to keep us updated really isn't good enough. Honestly by this point they should at least be telling us they'll add a day on to the event or something.

Gina's thread has been updated. They are extending the event. At least we are getting something.
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
    Options
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    7th April 22:00 utc 48 hours
    Edited by pavsaint on April 5, 2021 10:36PM
    Options
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 is getting the PC EU treatment
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol... trader guilds be likely going crazy right now... and all those Xbox and PC people that have mocked us on these forums should be thanking us for getting them a free extension to the event ... so we still get less time at it than them haha.
    Options
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    No mention of daily rewards whether these will automatically given for today tomorrow and Wednesday
    Options
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gah! Poppycock! Now it is literally impossible to claim all the Daily Rewards for this month! ...Not that they were overly impressive anyway...but still! Ugh... Nothing to be done but wait it out. I DO have other games I can play...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2710+
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We've identified the issue and are working with Sony to deploy a fix as soon as possible. It may take 24-48 hours for the realms to come back online. As a result of these issues, we are going to be extending our Anniversary Jubilee across all platforms. Stay tuned for more details regarding the extension. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s patience.

From Gina
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    APRIL 7TH? aysm?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, this potentially 2 day wait after spending well over $200 for crowns has me a bit upset. Like what in the **** happened? How did someone manage to break things this badly? Is this on ZOS side or Sony side? Can someone from the team elaborate on the issue that was found?
    Options
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is not good at all. I'm very disapointed. Playstation feels more and more like ZoS stepchild.
    Options
  • MYWARCHILD887
    MYWARCHILD887
    ✭✭✭
    Two weeks in a row the trader flip is being affected. Again, please put the flip back on Sunday night so it’s not affected by “maintenance”
    PS4 NA - GM Psijic Supreme Order
    Options
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't remember it ever getting this bad. Might as well install those new servers now, eh?
    Options
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is horrible. Not only do we lose daily log in rewards, being able to do our writs, our trade guilds able to bid, days for the anniversary boxes but also we still have no idea what the problem is and no address from Zos that measures will be put in place to stop such an event occurring again. Possibly 3 days of maintenance and I don't think the answer was to extended the event for PC and Xbox, 2 platforms not effected by this problem. We need actual communication on what's going on here @ZOS_GinaBruno and measures in place to stop this happening again not just for PS4 but for all platforms. Also what happens to ESO + subscribers like me? We just lose 3 days we pay for the service?
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, give them a break! The PS4 is a new console and they are just getting familiar with it.

Oh, it came out in 2014?

Nevermind.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have updated... it's going to take 24-48 hours. Like I said...we need to give them time and calm.

Gina's thread has been updated. They are extending the event. At least we are getting something.

Updated while I was typing - sod's law :D
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    Man, this potentially 2 day wait after spending well over $200 for crowns has me a bit upset. Like what in the **** happened? How did someone manage to break things this badly? Is this on ZOS side or Sony side? Can someone from the team elaborate on the issue that was found?

They said they're working with Sony to solve the issues, so clearly Sony problem. Other platforms run fine.
    Options
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is they need to push through a substantial patch which Sony needs to verify and check. Hence why it is going to take so long, even though they have identified the problem. It's likely the last few hours have been spent trying to persuade Sony to expedite the process- hence why they have been working with them.
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
    Options
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    PS* folks, when I see that extended maintenance notice, I just feel bad for you all.
    Options
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So PS4 gets screwed over with already one day missing from event, + 2 more... and Xbox and PC benefit by an extra 2 days added?

WOW
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a well sleep, and I switch on PS4.. What the...still on maintenance? :o
    Options
  • Grover
    Grover
    ✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Avoranti wrote: »

They said they're working with Sony to solve the issues, so clearly Sony problem. Other platforms run fine.

Not so sure of that Kurat, as a system engineer I regularly work with vendors (for this take ZOS) to get their product working on my internal infrastructure and systems. This is particularly true when a vendor uses an extended code set to enhance their product but does not test it on all the underlying infrastructure permutations (o/s , hardware. firmware, drivers). This is still probably a ZOS introduced issue, due to a lack of a production like playstation network system to do testing on.....
    However that does not make it a failing by ZOS, as commercial considerations have to be taken into account such as the risk of a failure due to said potential differences, and the RTO (return to operation). This is a fundemental consideration in any IT solution and when you assess and decide to accept a level of risk then you look foolish if that risk does manifest. The key factor in all this is how you mitigate it and in the event of it coming to pass how you handle it. I'm sure the mitigation has been fairly comprehensive as this is not a regular occurance, however the handling has been questionable, and if this was a commercial offering then I would expect to see some form of recompense to the commercially consuming audience.

Options
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooft. On top of it all, y'all just destroyed the new cyro campaigns that only just started.
    All that free score certain alliances will be getting cause they capped the map before maintenance. Won't be able to catch such a huge gap.
    Ggs.
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny how these types of things ALWAYS seem to happen during events.

It's literally the worst possible timing.
    Options
  • Knipskastenmann
    Knipskastenmann
    ✭✭✭
    So, 62+ hours of downtime (if it's not gonna get extended again), and all we get is »we extend Jubilee on all platforms«? It's a bit (too) less, don't you think. What's about ESO+-subscriptions? (Yeah, I know, TOS, blahblah...). What's about the users? Their confidence? Tell me, why should I spend (real) money on your game, if I don't even know, if/when I could use the things I bought? It is not the first time you update the PS-megaservers, and also not the first time you [Snip] it up. And also not the first time with extensions 5 minutes after the predicted time was over. You can't tell me, you've noticed it just then, that you couldn't get the servers up and running. That's simply bad communication.

[Edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 6, 2021 1:04PM
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, one to two days possible til fix.

Companions update should be fun...
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 5, 2021 11:07PM
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for demands, bashing, and discussing moderator actions, all being against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 5, 2021 11:08PM
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, 62+ hours of downtime (if it's not gonna get extended again), and all we get is »we extend Jubilee on all platforms«? It's a bit (too) less, don't you think. What's about ESO+-subscriptions? (Yeah, I know, TOS, blahblah...). What's about the users? Their confidence? Tell me, why should I spend (real) money on your game, if I don't even know, if/when I could use the things I bought? It is not the first time you update the PS-megaservers, and also not the first time you [Snip] it up. And also not the first time with extensions 5 minutes after the predicted time was over. You can't tell me, you've noticed it just then, that you couldn't get the servers up and running. That's simply bad communication.

What if ZoS agrees that they messed up real bad with PS platforms and decided to just drop the PSN altogether and made it an Xbox and PC exclusive?
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on April 6, 2021 1:04PM
    Options
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AntonioP People who pay for their psn plus.. eso plus... and have to pay gold for a weekly trader that we only got to use 5 out of 7 days, are well within their right to make demands unless refunds will be made ;)
    Your charging us for a service that does not get delivered... how do they call that?
    Removing threads under the excuse of bashing does not change the fact that certain people do know how payed subscriptions work and that its basicly a breach of a contract that seems to only apply when its not at your disadvantage.
    I suggest you look into some lawbooks or ask permission from higher up the chain of command before removing posts.
    There is a very good reason why the previous post was not directed at you :)
    Or would you prefer it if i send all my 1500 guildmembers to Sony to make official complaints about misconduct, over expressing our discontent here ;)
    -3 days of downtime equals 10% of our subscription cost for our PSN plus and 10% of our ESO plus..
    -2 days of not being able to use our 3 traders that we payed a lot of gold for, equals:
    1x Mournhold at 16 mil = 4,5 mil
    1x Mournhold at 15 mil = 4,2 mil
    1x Vivec at 5 mil = 1,4 mil
    That means that on top of the subscription costs that we got cheated out on, we also down 10,1 mil in gold...
    Yet we dont have the right to make demands or complain? Are you trying to turn whats left of your still loyal community against you now as well?
    Edited by QenQuni on April 6, 2021 1:09AM
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
    Options
  • Knipskastenmann
    Knipskastenmann
    ✭✭✭
    So, 62+ hours of downtime (if it's not gonna get extended again), and all we get is »we extend Jubilee on all platforms«? It's a bit (too) less, don't you think. What's about ESO+-subscriptions? (Yeah, I know, TOS, blahblah...). What's about the users? Their confidence? Tell me, why should I spend (real) money on your game, if I don't even know, if/when I could use the things I bought? It is not the first time you update the PS-megaservers, and also not the first time you f*cked it up. And also not the first time with extensions 5 minutes after the predicted time was over. You can't tell me, you've noticed it just then, that you couldn't get the servers up and running. That's simply bad communication.

What if ZoS agrees that they messed up real bad with PS platforms and decided to just drop the PSN altogether and made it an Xbox and PC exclusive?

Good point. I think I would think twice if I ever buy an ZOS/Bethesda game in future then. And I guess a lot of people would do it also.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.