Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Extended maintenance Again ?

• ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for various rule violations. One specific violation of our rules that we would like to single out is the Baiting and Bashing or NA players. While already unacceptable, this can also meet our definitions for Hate Speech, which is a serious offense and can result in much more serious disciplinary actions. We understand your frustrations with the extended maintenance however any discussion on the subject must remain civil, constructive, and within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 5, 2021 7:13PM
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be helpful, thoughtful, and considerate to give us more information than “hitching”, particularly as continuing to push out the times is very irritating.

I don’t know how to be more civil and reasonable than that.
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    motnvol wrote: »
    Bet there will be another extension before 3pm deadline

Yup. Extended another 3 hours.

This is unacceptable.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
    Options
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else expecting this extended maintenance to become the new norm for us PS users? I hope not but 2 weeks in a row of issues around maintenance isn’t good.

At least posted something about what the problem is (hitching) even though the amount of details given was small. It’s better than dead silence. I do wish they’d continue to update their extended maintenance post though each time they extend it. Even if the update is “nothing has changed but we’re extending maintenance again” is better than watching everyone on the forums come to their own conclusions on the overall issue.
    Options
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    Anyone else expecting this extended maintenance to become the new norm for us PS users? I hope not but 2 weeks in a row of issues around maintenance isn’t good.

I don't expect so. But that could be just my hopeful thinking tbh. I just hope they fix whatever it is for good or at least until the next big patch rolls out. Again more of my positive thinking.
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Connor, you might want to edit this:

" One specific violation of our rules that we would like to single out is the Baiting and Bashing or NA players."

It reads as though being an NA Player is a violation lol. (Again, trying to be light hearted in this undoubtedly stressful situation for EVERYONE involved... including those at Sony and those at ZoS... There's noway they wanted to feel this kind of pressure and heat I'm sure of that...
    Options
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Connor, you might want to edit this:

" One specific violation of our rules that we would like to single out is the Baiting and Bashing or NA players."

It reads as though being an NA Player is a violation lol. (Again, trying to be light hearted in this undoubtedly stressful situation for EVERYONE involved... including those at Sony and those at ZoS... There's noway they wanted to feel this kind of pressure and heat I'm sure of that...

We are now violations. YAY!

In other news, typos strike again. When will they strike again?!
    Options
  • motnvol
    motnvol
    ✭✭
    motnvol wrote: »
    Bet there will be another extension before 3pm deadline

Actually it was a 2nd extension for PS
    Notice PC n Xbox both were up by 10am
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tote Board is up: Who wants 3pm and who wants the 6pm bets?
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • StretchNugett
    So everyone

How was Easter?
    Options
  • SadnessInSolace
    SadnessInSolace
    ✭✭✭
    Sucks that I'll miss event tickets and a daily reward because of this
    Options
  • QenQuni
    QenQuni
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting ridiculous going into 14 hours maintenance on ps4/5, most of us didnt even do our dailies yet, didnt get our tickets... and worst of all guildleaders who have a life in the morning need to get their bids done for traderswitch... Traderswitch should have never been moved to a tuesday with situations like this you are forcing people who need to be up early to stay up late at night just to wait if you guys MIGHT be able to put the server back online.

#NotAHappyCustomer
    Order of the Panda, Red Pandas and Golden Pandas Trading guilds PS4 EU
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I say, I've been a MASSIVE moaner and whinger on these boards - anyone of the ZoS community team will confirm this... but it's usually about things I believe they have full control over, and have a means and way to change and affect.

There is NO WAY they intended this.. NO WAY at all. I'm fully sure that their HQ is a highly tense place right now, and it absolutely won't help with any of us slinging abuse at them, or abusing each other either. They have really important things to deal with right now, and we shouldn't put more pressure on them to have to come moderate and "nanny" us here because we are losing our minds.

I would call for calm, and just let them do their jobs... we can all have a discussion when the dust settles and we see what we end up with :) Right?

For now... go catch up on something you've been putting off because we've all played so much lately that there is bound to be something we've ignore either in real life, or another video game :)
    Options
  • StretchNugett
    I suggest everyone maybe uhm idk . Go for a walk? Throw a frisbee? Call your family? Something
    Options
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Like I say, I've been a MASSIVE moaner and whinger on these boards - anyone of the ZoS community team will confirm this... but it's usually about things I believe they have full control over, and have a means and way to change and affect.

There is NO WAY they intended this.. NO WAY at all. I'm fully sure that their HQ is a highly tense place right now, and it absolutely won't help with any of us slinging abuse at them, or abusing each other either. They have really important things to deal with right now, and we shouldn't put more pressure on them to have to come moderate and "nanny" us here because we are losing our minds.

I would call for calm, and just let them do their jobs... we can all have a discussion when the dust settles and we see what we end up with :) Right?

For now... go catch up on something you've been putting off because we've all played so much lately that there is bound to be something we've ignore either in real life, or another video game :)

I decided to hit up God of War. I've been putting off playing it. Along with a lot of other games on my shelf tbh. I got a serious problem of collecting games and never finishing them going on LOL. After that maybe a nice walk. Got a whole list of chores to do but I'm honestly not feeling up to snuff today for those.
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decided to wash the dog.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Options
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing Call of Duty. At least I can take my annoyance out on random pixel people instead of, I don't know, randomly yelling at the cats.
    Options
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what do you think... we getting another 3 hour extension here or do you think it’ll be back up and running in an hour?
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what do you think... we getting another 3 hour extension here or do you think it’ll be back up and running in an hour?

I think it will be shut down until tomorrow.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And now EU

Options
  • StretchNugett
    I hope its another 12 hours
    Options
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭

Again, not the real Stretch ^
    Options
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's back up at all today I'll be surprised.
    Options
  • danieldewoeste
    They dont care about trading guilds at all i realy think they forgot how the trading guilds wurk .
    For trading guild each maintaince is a lose and they dont care probaly
    Options
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like PS server is becoming the new PC EU
    Options
  • Reaper09_ESO
    Reaper09_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The big problems with eso is the entire lack of communication and the failing of there technology team to do any kind of testing on patches weeks not hours weeks before they put them in the game.If they would test these things prior to putting them live it would certainly help with game stability.
    Options
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like PS server is becoming the new PC EU

As a PC EU player you all have my deepest sympathies. It sucks.
    Options
  • StretchNugett

Does 1 certain person have dibs on my username?
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There still isn't patch notes so another extension is more than likely coming
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭

Does 1 certain person have dibs on my username?

😂😂😂 nope. Not at all xD

But you tried to pretend to be him when you said harbingers of dismay was closing. So I’m just gonna have to assume you’re trying to BE him. Which you’re not. Hence my clarification. 😊
    Options
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

There still isn't patch notes so another extension is more than likely coming

Yep, the fact we have no patch notes yet is pretty telling. Part of me wonders if ZOS may extend it one more time then slowly open back up, as 1am UTC / 2am UK/ 9pm EDT is likely to be one of the quieter times for the server, especially if they open up the EU server first.
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer