Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Extended maintenance Again ?

• cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just posted a thread with a bit more info here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/568639/

We'll keep that thread updated as we get more information.

Thank you Gina.

Meanwhile, I have enough time to finish my lunch time nap while the patch downloads. All these people complaining probably should take a chill pill. Sometimes things happen and you make the best of it. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. A few hours from ESO might do you people some good lol
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posted a thread with a bit more info here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/568639/

Thank you Gina.

Meanwhile, I have enough time to finish my lunch time nap while the patch downloads. All these people complaining probably should take a chill pill. Sometimes things happen and you make the best of it. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. A few hours from ESO might do you people some good lol

[snip] In EU it's running all day and into the evening. One more extension and much of Europe won't be back before midnight, as happened last week.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 5, 2021 6:44PM
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭

Thank you Gina.

Not evryone sit and play this game evryday. Some people need go to work too, and when you have time to play its not possible for this game is down for fix, happend me now 2 times in a week. But still pay member fee, maybe time for stop play this game. Online game only problem.

And i never more preorder eso game, always did but not this time. Why preorder game most of time is down.
    Edited by Mefromnorway on April 5, 2021 4:57PM
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darn :(
    Options
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ruifeio lol.... who said anything about crowns?

Let me explain this concept using a different product. For example let’s say you purchase a TV and you take the tv home and discover a major flaw with the basic functionality of it. Sure you can take it back to the store and have it replaced (aka this is Sony) OR the manufacturer issues a recall if bad enough or asks you to send it in to them to be fixed (aka the creator which is ZOS). Both parties work together to sell/support the product but at the end of the day the manufacture is the one responsible for messaging to their consumers about the flaws in their product and also the one responsible for ultimately fixing the problem with their product.

All we were asking for in this case with Sony vs zos is an update from ZOS on THEIR product since THEIR plans for a smooth maintenance didn’t happen. We finally got SOME info from them but that info should have been presented to us the moment their planned maintenance was extended. Even a simple “we don’t know what’s up we’re looking into it” on their forums in the section they created to communicate to us about maintenance would have sufficed until more info was available (like now).

As consumers of their product we have a right to provide feedback about what works and doesn’t work with their chosen communication styles about their issues. Cause at the end of the day our money goes into their pockets regardless of what middle man held onto it before they got their hands on it. The least they can do is keep us in the loop when we can’t access their product as expected.
    Options
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Gina. What I find hard to believe is that these problems only exist in the PlayStation build but not the Xbox one? Sure they are different consoles but I would assume they run very similar / identical builds?
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grover wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide a bit more information about the current issue surrounding PlayStation maintenance. This morning while we were testing the build, we discovered some pretty severe hitching that was rendering the game unplayable that only impacts PlayStation builds.

We’ve been working with Sony to identify the root cause and get the issue resolved, and we want to get everyone back in-game as quickly as we can. We’ll let you know when we have an update on this. Thanks for your ongoing patience today.

The above clearly shows that testing is not optimal on this platform, pre-release. Looks like its the age old sales issue of "just stick it in, and we will fix forward"

[snip]

Very well put.

But hey, why bother testing stuff for the PS4? Not as if it’s a major part of the player base or anything.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 5, 2021 6:57PM
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

You bought ESO through Sony, you don't own ESO to take to another platform.

Sony has a deal with Zenimax to sell Zenimax products.

You paid Sony to play ESO through the Sony platform, & continue to pay Sony PS Plus to have access to ESO.

Sony is your contact-

1-800-345-7669

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

https://www.wikihow.com/Contact-PlayStation

[Quoted post was removed]

A different perspective.

Playstation players continue to post their complaints on this forum about bugs, crashes, & content releases that continue to build more bugs and crashes, for years.

& yet here we are...so who's not "getting that", but please continue this route and we can see in a few years what has changed from the last few years.

If you play on PC your comment is true, but as a Playstation player your complaint is with the company you pay to play, Sony.

[snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 5, 2021 6:45PM
    Options
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not expecting it to be back online to play for EU players today... that explanation they posted made things worse, not better... they are basically saying, we have no clue what's going wrong, hopefully sony can fix it for us.

In other words, this is gonna take a while...
    Options
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    EpicHero wrote: »
    I'm not expecting it to be back online to play for EU players today... that explanation they posted made things worse, not better... they are basically saying, we have no clue what's going wrong, hopefully sony can fix it for us.

In other words, this is gonna take a while...

That’s about the gist of it which means another full day plus lost for EU players

Options
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    And all that after we already got scr#wed over last week with the extended maintenance as well.

First you plan maintenance on a major public holiday, and secondly you do that after it already went wrong last week.

Is your plan to annoy enough people into quitting, so you have less server traffic?
    Options
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What does “severe hitching” even mean?
    Options
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    @wolfpaw you act like psn users never send a single complaint to Sony. Believe me, they do. But complaining to just Sony doesn’t fix anything cause at the end of the day it isn’t on Sony to issue fixes or communicate to us that maintenance was extended or why. This is why I called out your comment cause you are missing the mark on the advice you are trying to provide.
    Options
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    The zenimax developers really need to have a dedicated PlayStation test server so these issues and problems causing maintenance extensions can be totally eliminated

All companies have their own risk management strategies seemingly apart from zenimax

A stand alone independent public test server is a complete waste of time

They need to carry out their own testing on a dedicated platform test environment
    Edited by pavsaint on April 5, 2021 5:42PM
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @wolfpaw you act like psn users never send a single complaint to Sony. Believe me, they do. But complaining to just Sony doesn’t fix anything cause at the end of the day it isn’t on Sony to issue fixes or communicate to us that maintenance was extended or why. This is why I called out your comment cause you are missing the mark on the advice you are trying to provide.

They fixed Cyberpunk😉
    Options
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭

They fixed Cyberpunk😉

CD Projekt Red fixed Cyberpunk2077, Sony was just a bystander in that debacle 😉

Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They fixed Cyberpunk😉

CD Projekt Red fixed Cyberpunk2077, Sony was just a bystander in that debacle 😉

I don't see it in the store, Sony bring it back? Fixed for Sony users.

My issue is not the maintenance, is a disappointment, but my 3 crashes in 20min last night & staying the status quo expecting a change.

I pay Sony, not Zenimax.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 5, 2021 5:23PM
    Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

Thank you Gina.

I'm guessing you're NA and not facing a whole day of an event gone for the second time in a week. In EU it's running all day and into the evening. One more extension and much of Europe won't be back before midnight, as happened last week.

[snip]

It's not unreasonable to expect the same advantages as other platforms and their own past actions have shown a willingness to extend events because of extended downtimes, or even just things not working as expected for a while. We're not asking for anything special here, just to be treated the same.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 5, 2021 6:48PM
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the fact that an update was given this time around but for the delay to be hitching is just too much irony. It may not be hitching causing the issue but temporary freezing has been in this game on the PS4 servers for as long as I can remember. This gives a little inside look at what a lot of us have feared for a long time, the performance issues are most likely not server issues they are probably coding issues. Coming out and saying the problem for this patch is hitching makes me think that most problems in the game can be pointed to hitching, which is a big deal that will probably never be fixed.

For those of you that do not know what hitching is, do a quick Google search and you will realise the irony of the problem.
    Options
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the roadmap for 2021 being the year of performance include any plans to improve the efficiency and robustness of the server maintenance process and reduce the associated downtime, across all platforms? That seems to be something we hate even more than lag in Cyrodiil or disconnects. Would be lovely to see a report on how the performance improvements are going, are they matching your expectations etc.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well in the meantime I have been able to download and get through the first part of AC Valhalla. :D
    Options
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    Does the roadmap for 2021 being the year of performance include any plans to improve the efficiency and robustness of the server maintenance process and reduce the associated downtime, across all platforms? That seems to be something we hate even more than lag in Cyrodiil or disconnects. Would be lovely to see a report on how the performance improvements are going, are they matching your expectations etc.

They have confirmed they are implementing new servers at some time which I have since forgotten. Unfortunately servers will not fix the issue of hitching, it would only fix desyncs and latency to some extent. Hitching is a whole other beast that explains most of the performance issues and would be problems with the actual code and the efficiency that it is written. To fix hitching usually major changes have to be made to the code.
    Options
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭

What does “severe hitching” even mean?

You can get a better explanation through Google, but it is basically when the code is not being translated from what ever it is written in to the machine code fast enough. So basically the GPU sits there waiting for a command that will cause freezing and other major issues like disconnects since the GPU doesn't know what to do while waiting for a command to be translated. More often than not in my limited experience with the issue it is the code being written inefficiently so each possible command that could possibly happen takes forever to translate since there is so much in a game like this that could happen.
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. So we are approaching the next server extension!! Who thinks it will just be another 2 hours?? Or who wants to guess at something a bit more "exotic" and go for a break from conventions??
    Options
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Okay. So we are approaching the next server extension!! Who thinks it will just be another 2 hours?? Or who wants to guess at something a bit more "exotic" and go for a break from conventions??

Money's on at least 5 PM Eastern at the earliest like last week.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on April 5, 2021 6:14PM
    Options
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Gina.

[snip] In EU it's running all day and into the evening. One more extension and much of Europe won't be back before midnight, as happened last week.

[snip]

It's not unreasonable to expect the same advantages as other platforms and their own past actions have shown a willingness to extend events because of extended downtimes, or even just things not working as expected for a while. We're not asking for anything special here, just to be treated the same.

I didn't say it was anyone's fault. I said it was a drawback. For years, I played a chinese based mmo and the downtimes for that were typically in the evening for me. Always the time that I had to play it. Don't misunderstand. I know exactly how you feel. But I didn't complain about that company's downtimes. It was the choice I made to play and that was the side effect of playing.

Should they compensate us all for the extended maintence? Of course. Most of you do pay ESO+ and deserve to be angry. But at the end of the day, they don't have to do anything to compensate us. Why? Says right there in the TOS. Does it suck? Hell yes it does. But you and I both agreed to it.
    pavsaint wrote: »

Thank you Gina.

I didn't mean to come across as arrogant. I was just stating a fact. I apologize if that upset you.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 5, 2021 6:54PM
    Options
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

I have lost hope of playing the game today. We still haven't gotten patch notes, which were uploaded for the other platforms approximately 2-3hrs before there maintenance was completed. I reckon it is going to be a long night.
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
    Options
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »

They have confirmed they are implementing new servers at some time which I have since forgotten. Unfortunately servers will not fix the issue of hitching, it would only fix desyncs and latency to some extent. Hitching is a whole other beast that explains most of the performance issues and would be problems with the actual code and the efficiency that it is written. To fix hitching usually major changes have to be made to the code.

Maybe they’ll use the old platform servers as test environment servers here’s hoping anyway
    Options
  • motnvol
    motnvol
    ✭✭
    [snip] aren't these patches tried out on a test server before being but into real world environment?
    Lost our trader last week because of these 12 hrs shutdowns Lost sales, hirelings drops from 7 crafters now more pain from ESO

[Edited to remove Conspiracy Theory]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 5, 2021 6:54PM
    Options
  • motnvol
    motnvol
    ✭✭
    Bet there will be another extension before 3pm deadline
    Options
This discussion has been closed.