The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here

d626a6ebcc.png

Im sure all of you smart people who think this is a good change, will have no problem figuring out who these stats belong to.

Sorc ? :neutral:
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭
    Also like to note it's not all bad though

- New champion system is great

- Best PVP combat game in my opinion

- PVE content is very fun

- I'm almost 1000cp and i haven't experienced everything in the game it has so much great content

- This game properly has the best in-game community I've ever seen. I constantly see in my Guilds and even in normal chat zones the amount of help players give to each other. Player's including myself actively go out of their way to help people with so many things like

- Dungeons
    - Dueling better players to get better at PVP
    - Giving advice on many aspects of the game
    - Crafting sets for people who can't yet
    - Doing the classic Skyreach Catacombs xp grinds with friends/randoms
    - People actually stop and help you with world bosses
    - Player's showing other player's how to do something or where to find it

The list could go on and think y'all get my point. Elder Scroll Online is where friendships are built and brings out the kindness in people.

I was actually considering not to play this game after Friday's announcement about keeping the PVP changes till Q3. I even got a refund on the new chapter. But then i talked with my close Guild friends and I eventually figured out I may of been too hasty because i got annoyed at the changes. So i waited for my refund to complete and immediately bought the new chapter again.

Guy's/Gals you got to remember that if it wasn't for ZOS that created this incredible game. We wouldn't of been able to experience all the enjoyable content this game has to offer, meet new people and built the friendships we have today in the game.

So when your thinking about cancelling your subscription, refunding the new chapter or even leaving the game completely. Have a good think about it and remember everything I've typed in this comment.

The Elder Scroll Online has given us happiness and friendships for me that's worth more than money.

Finally some common sense ! Thank you for reminding people that things are relative indeed
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do want to ask anyone on the current PC live servers if Pelinal's Aptitude has been tested in Cyrodiil or whether that's counted as a "proc" and my hybrids are essentially back in the gutter for 6 months on writ duty.

Maybe one of the greenies can answer this? @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Couldn't see it on the list but interested after having a blast on console on my hybrid templar earlier

Since it has a Server check, it will be most likely considered proc.

Just tested it, YES, it is considered a proc...

Much sadness for hybrids. Thank you for testing it.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Darkainxx8
    Darkainxx8
    Soul Shriven
    Really if now someone realize that the proc sets or considered sets as proc sets is the problem then we played wrong game since it luanched and zos developing going terribly wrong Because on that game execpt these sort list of sets considered as non proc sets is less than 10% of the sets of the game so if the proc sets that removed is 90% WTF doing these years?
    Sometimes when we have internal problems some simple things that we can do maybe can help us solve problems and not let ourselfs creating many more without any help just go to a mirror look your self and ask im developing a game that almost all its gear that created is consider as proc for years now and 1 day becouse some of this sets was unbalance i removed all. Maybe something going wrong with me and not with the game? and even if all procs are problematic and want to remake everything on gear etc improve change or anything maybe need a plan and a schedule before remove everything? And when is ready and organized then update patch etc for the changes you want to make that a serious companies doing
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I am still really happy that Cyrodiil is playable again, I agree with a lot here that too many sets are outruled. At least allow monster sets/mythics/stat based proc sets. Just ditch the damage based proc sets. And allow VD at least.

For the future I would like to see the following campaigns (I realise this probably won't happen):

CP enabled, faction unlocked, proc sets disabled (main PvP campaign, like Grey host is now)
    CP disabled, faction unlocked, proc sets enabled (Guild v Guild campaign, like Ravenwatch is now)
    CP ..., faction locked, proc sets ... (RP campaign)

Why the main campaigns faction unlocked?: So you can play your alts.
    Why CP enabled procs disabled and CP disabled proc sets enabled?: both CP and no procs favours solo play/smallscale, so keep this for one campaign while the other campaign can be the guild v guild campaign.
    Keep one campaign for faction lock, idc what other rules.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    While I am still really happy that Cyrodiil is playable again, I agree with a lot here that too many sets are outruled. At least allow monster sets/mythics/stat based proc sets. Just ditch the damage based proc sets. And allow VD at least.

For the future I would like to see the following campaigns (I realise this probably won't happen):

CP enabled, faction unlocked, proc sets disabled (main PvP campaign, like Grey host is now)
    CP disabled, faction unlocked, proc sets enabled (Guild v Guild campaign, like Ravenwatch is now)

Why CP enabled procs disabled and CP disabled proc sets enabled?: both CP and no procs favours solo play/smallscale, so keep this for one campaign while the other campaign can be the guild v guild campaign.

No, "main campaigns", as you mentioned, should stay faction locked. We should stop supporting alliance hopping as it makes 3 factions war completely meaningless. Want to play with friends, choose wisely but hey, it's not permanent.
    Edited by hands0medevil on March 11, 2021 1:36PM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, "main campaigns", as you mentioned, should stay faction locked. We should stop supporting alliance hopping as it makes 3 factions war completely meaningless. Want to play with friends, choose wisely but hey, it's not permanent.
    I wish! On PC/EU, Ravenwatch is a "main campaign" (regularly pop-locked, lots of organized groups). However, faction locked it is not...
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it is ridiculous you cannot play your characters, it is not about alliance hopping at all but being able to play. 30 days is semi-permanent. But my comment was not about faction lock yes or no, it was about what campaigns might be good for the PvP community.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just being curious,what sets are actually usable in Cyrodiil with the current tests going on?
    I do not play PvP as I mentioned in my post before,but with so many sets take as procs I really wonder how Pvp'ers play these days ^^''
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just being curious,what sets are actually usable in Cyrodiil with the current tests going on? '
    You can find fully working sets in the first post. Additionally some sets have part of their 5 or 2 piece active, like Chudan 2 piece gives you health (but no buff), Sentry gives you the weapon damage from the 5 piece. NMA does not work, however, because it is "one combined bonus", not two separate bonuses.

You can wear other sets, but only pure stat gains will work, like +1096 Magicka. +4% healing done won't work.

Most are wearing stuff like 1 Domihaus, 1 Swarm Mother, 5 Alfiq, 3 Willpower, 2 Trainee; or two monster pieces with weapon damages, 3 agility front bar, 3 endurance back bar, whatever on the body (draugr, hunding's, spriggan...). You will probably see a lot of Shacklebreaker and Azure Plasm because of their stat density and a lot of Fortified Brass because it is a strong defensive set right now (along with impregnable).
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just being curious,what sets are actually usable in Cyrodiil with the current tests going on? '
    You can find fully working sets in the first post. Additionally some sets have part of their 5 or 2 piece active, like Chudan 2 piece gives you health (but no buff), Sentry gives you the weapon damage from the 5 piece. NMA does not work, however, because it is "one combined bonus", not two separate bonuses.

You can wear other sets, but only pure stat gains will work, like +1096 Magicka. +4% healing done won't work.

Most are wearing stuff like 1 Domihaus, 1 Swarm Mother, 5 Alfiq, 3 Willpower, 2 Trainee; or two monster pieces with weapon damages, 3 agility front bar, 3 endurance back bar, whatever on the body (draugr, hunding's, spriggan...). You will probably see a lot of Shacklebreaker and Azure Plasm because of their stat density and a lot of Fortified Brass because it is a strong defensive set right now (along with impregnable).

Makes sense ^^ Crafty Alfiq was the only set what came into my mind what could be working nowadays :smiley:
    Thanks for answering!
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Jayserix
    Jayserix
    ✭✭✭

No it is ridiculous you cannot play your characters, it is not about alliance hopping at all but being able to play. 30 days is semi-permanent. But my comment was not about faction lock yes or no, it was about what campaigns might be good for the PvP community.

Isn't faction based games built around factions ? The fact that we can make toons on all factions is the true ridiculous point here
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    When I sifted through sets on eso-sets.com, these are the ones that looked to me like -part- of the 5 piece bonuses might still work? I could be wrong on some of them, but these ones seemed to have both a conditional (proc) effect, but also a hard stat line on the 5 piece, so could in theory also be considered for use without losing too much.

Akaviri Dragonguard
    Black Rose
    Call of the Undertaker
    Champion of the Hist
    Coward's Gear
    Dauntless Combatant
    Dead Water's Guile
    Dragon's Defilement
    Eternal Vigor
    Fasalla's Guile
    Hanu's Compassion
    Healer's Habit
    Heem-Jas' Retribution
    Hex Siphon
    Hide of Morihaus
    Jailbreaker
    Kagrenac's Hope
    Knightmare
    Might of the Lost Legion
    Night Mother's Embrace
    Oblivion's Edge
    Obvlivion's Foe
    Order of Diagna
    Pestilent Host
    Ranger's Gait
    Rattlecage
    Sentry
    Shadow Dancer's Raiment
    Shalk Exoskeleton
    Toothrow
    Treasure Hunter
    Vampire Cloak
    Vastarie's Tutelage
    Vicious Death
    Warrior-Poet
    Wisdom of Vanus
    Wizard's Riposte
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »
    Yuke wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here

d626a6ebcc.png

Im sure all of you smart people who think this is a good change, will have no problem figuring out who these stats belong to.

Sorc ? :neutral:

Sorcwolf.

When you are in Cyrodill you became The Immortal Sorcwolf.

You are faster than Werewolfs
    Your sustain is better than Werewolfs
    Your defensive kit is most effective that a Werewolf
    You burst it is strong that a Werewolf

• VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Krulzuk I haven't looked through all of these but I suspect they have a "condition" of some kind that must exist for the effect to happen. For example,

Fasalla's Guile
    (5 Items) Apply Minor Defile to all enemies within 5m,
    reducing their healing received by 15% for 2 seconds.

Hope this helps!
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on March 12, 2021 12:58AM
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Krulzuk I haven't looked through all of these but I suspect they have a "condition" of some kind that must exist for the effect to happen. For example,

Fasalla's Guile

Hope this helps!

This!

As soon as you have an IF -check on the Set, this part of the Set won`t work. Thats why the useable set list is so extremly short and leaves no room for creativity. (And deepens the imbalance between classes due to imbalanced class skills)

If you put Floyd Mayweather and Sheldon Cooper into a Ring, both wearing the same T-Shirt...guess who will win.
    Edited by Cyrdemaceb17_ESO on March 12, 2021 5:51AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those sorcs man... they are super lucky, since those "non-proc" (or rather non condition checking sets) fauvor them. They can still use stuff that synergies with their class, while other classes can not. They will be lucky if they won't get nerfed over those 6 months... :D:joy:

Also, now that we have very limited gear choices, it kinda shows how some classes are barely playable and I would even say "not competitive" in PvP at all. I hope that devs will notice that, as it can not be more obvious.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    When in the heck is this [snip] changes supposed to hit console? Performance in Cyrodiil on xbox na (I have the new series x) is already crappy, the disconnects are unbelievable, if this change is going to make performance even WORSE very few will be able to actually play in Cyrodiil. The thing you have always seemed to miss is that your game plays differently from PC, to xbox to ps changes pc can handle totally *** us on consoles. So When can we on console expect Cyrodiil to be even less playable and even more frustrating?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 13, 2021 2:24PM
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭

Fasalla's Guile

Hope this helps!

@VirtualElizabeth yes I'm aware that the conditional part of the 5 piece won't work, but what I'm saying is, the sets I put there have a -second- 5 piece bonus with flat stats as well which should still be active. So there could still be a benefit to using some of those with 5 pieces, depending on your build, even though the 'proc' part doesn't work.

Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, we just posted an update on this subject in this thread. In order to prevent the conversation from splitting, we're going to close this thread and you may continue the discussion in the new thread. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.