Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me being a player who never chased a meta or relied on proc sets: ☺

Look, proc sets got out of hand (especially in the last couple of years). They're really gimmicky, they make the sets more important than the player, and they have very little counterplay (other than to run out of range, if possible). I don't mind them one little bit in PVE, but in PVP they are a blight. Let's rip the band-aid off and do something about them. A return to more stat-based sets and game play is what is more healthy for the game.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aquatorch wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Bring back the proc sets in Cyrodiil! I've paid good money and spent hundreds of hours running all that stupid hard-mode PvE content just to get the gear! Bring back what I've worked for!

Would have been better time spent learning to play without procs.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look, proc sets got out of hand (especially in the last couple of years). They're really gimmicky, they make the sets more important than the player, and they have very little counterplay (other than to run out of range, if possible). I don't mind them one little bit in PVE, but in PVP they are a blight. Let's rip the band-aid off and do something about them. A return to more stat-based sets and game play is what is more healthy for the game.

There are other sets unable to be used that arent "meta". Welp time to go flat line some more sorcs.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are other sets unable to be used that arent "meta". Welp time to go flat line some more sorcs.

you mean magprocs
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquatorch wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Bring back the proc sets in Cyrodiil! I've paid good money and spent hundreds of hours running all that stupid hard-mode PvE content just to get the gear! Bring back what I've worked for!

Would have been better time spent learning to play without procs.

There are people who've been playing this game for well over a year who didn't even know that was a thing. I like to think I'm as jaded as anybody, but some of the comments on this thread and forum in the last day or so have been eye-opening.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you mean magprocs

No I'm on PC so cyrodiil is proc-less and full of sorcs. We killed so many yesterday it was crazy. Wonder why there are so many now, huh..

I get the same satisfaction from killing sorcs now as I did when I killed crimson or other proc heavy players :smiley:
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 8, 2021 2:10PM
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭

you mean magprocs

No I'm on PC so cyrodiil is proc-less and full of sorcs. We killed so many yesterday it was crazy. Wonder why there are so many now, huh..

I get the same satisfaction from killing sorcs now as I did when I killed crimson or other proc heavy players :smiley:

Ps4 NA where theres not no procs yet: put on spriggans and shacklebreaker and 1 pc kragh to see how it did against everyone procs or not, been possibly killing even more people with than ganking with my sheer venom/venomous smite set up, so atleast ill still be ganking people after the change, probably with even more success once everybody is in the same 19 sets
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Bashing. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. Hostility will not help anything.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Thialmer
    Thialmer
    ✭✭
    Lots of words in this thread to say you do not know how to balance proc sets lmao
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilbirs wrote: »
    Please crate a separate Cyrodiil campaign for the tests and let those, who like to play without proc sets, have all the joy and fun in this campaign.

That's part of the work we're currently doing for U31. We'll make it so certain campaigns can allow proc sets or not (including IC and BGs) and we can also better fine tune the existing item sets. At this time, proc sets are an all-or-nothing deal for all Cyrodiil campaigns.

As for those asking about console, we don't have a date yet when this will be implemented but you can expect to see what PC currently has, including the current list of item sets that are not affected (listed on page 1 of this thread).

balancing the game around having CP and nonCP combat was already an imposible task, now you are going to amplify the complexity by adding different variants based on campain rulesets? This is just a way of keep digging the hole of unbalance deeper and deeper.

Don't aim to please everyone by providing 45 different combat variations, it will only further segment the PvP playerbase, add complexity and make the whole experiencie more confusing for new players (With a higher entry barried by forcing them to have multiple setups/builds for the different rulesets). And after all this, people will still be displeased, it wont achive anything.

Aim to have an unified combat experience and a single mess to balance. In the last few years it has been pretty evident that any balance attemps just resulted in more mess and unbalance across CP and nonCP combat, and to solve that, you are adding more variations?

Stop going around the problem, FIX THE CORE COMBAT SYSTEM and BALANCE IT. Dont create rulesets to strip out things that you dont know/dont want to balance.
    Edited by ManDraKE on March 8, 2021 9:45PM
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Please crate a separate Cyrodiil campaign for the tests and let those, who like to play without proc sets, have all the joy and fun in this campaign.

That's part of the work we're currently doing for U31. We'll make it so certain campaigns can allow proc sets or not (including IC and BGs) and we can also better fine tune the existing item sets. At this time, proc sets are an all-or-nothing deal for all Cyrodiil campaigns.

As for those asking about console, we don't have a date yet when this will be implemented but you can expect to see what PC currently has, including the current list of item sets that are not affected (listed on page 1 of this thread).

balancing the game around having CP and nonCP combat was already an impossible task, now you are going to amplify the complexity by adding different variants based on campain rulesets? This is just a way of keep digging the hole of unbalance deeper and deeper.

Don't aim to please everyone by providing 45 different combat variantions, it will only futher segment the PvP playerbase, add complexity and making the whole experiencie more confusing for new players (With a higher entry barried by forcing them to have multiple setups/builds for the different rulesets). And after all this, people will still be displeased, it wont achive anything.

Aim to have an unified combat experiencied and a single mess to balance. In the last few years it has been pretty evident that any balance attemps just resulted in more mess and unbalanced across CP and nonCP combat, and to solve that, you are adding more variantions?

Stop going around the problem, FIX THE CORE COMBAT SYSTEM and BALANCE IT. Dont create rulesets to strip out things that you dont know/dont want to balance.

thank you
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We'll make it so certain campaigns can allow proc sets or not (including IC and BGs) and we can also better fine tune the existing item sets.
    Hi Gina,

Could you please clarify which types of item sets are being looked at for fine tuning, and what is meant by fine tuning? Are any of the last-piece-bonuses for the following categories of sets coming back in the no-proc campaigns for Update 31?
    • Arena weapons
    • Monster helms/shoulders
    • Antiquities
    • Rewards for the Worthy sets
    • Cost reduction sets like Blessing of the Potentates, Shield of the Valiant, Seducer, Battlefield Acrobat, Alteration Mastery, Akaviri Dragonguard, etc.
    • Elite Gear Vendor sets besides Grace of the Ancients and the cost reduction sets above
    • IC vendor sets
    • Battlegrounds sets besides Impregnable Armor

Thanks!
  • deleted210809-001958
    is there any separate thread only for news from ZOS about those tests? i recently found out about extra test months from cryings in "General discussion". it's really hard to find official news in this thread.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kyatos wrote: »
    is there any separate thread only for news from ZOS about those tests? i recently found out about extra test months from cryings in "General discussion". it's really hard to find official news in this thread.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See, that sounds like you're looking for the "better communication" from the ZOS team promised many moons ago.

Such a big change should have been heavily considered from a business and community perspective before taking action, and ANNOUNCED in its own thread, not on page 22 of a "test" thread.

I'd be honestly surprised if anyone in the marketing side of things was involved in that discussion, so they could remind them that PvP'ers only get the chapters and DLC's for the sets, not for any story or such.

But as usual ZOS only have 1 tool in their toolbox, a hammer. And when you only have a hammer to fix things, everything looks like a nail.

Many players have asked this for a long time, but it's always worth asking again to maybe get it in someone's eyeline who gives a damn: Where's the nuanced tweaks? Those minor changes that may be too little or just right?

I mean, some sets with slight tweaks would help resolve more issues than this new situation causes. You power down Malacath some and/or make it so it doesn't work with things which can't already crit anyway (proc sets). You look at Crimson and rework it.

Instead of just smashing all sets but 19 to purgatory for 6 to 7 months, you pinpoint and hit the problem ones. But instead anybody who runs any number of sets which include conditions (Darloc Brae, Seducer, War Maiden/Swamp Raider/Sun, Bone Pirate/Bright Throat's to name just a few) are now also screwed by the change.

When ZOS does right I'll praise them. When ZOS does big sweeping changes like this on a whim, you best believe the community should get mad and be critical.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • deleted210809-001958
    silvereyes wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker

thanks!
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

And here I need to agree with some other players. Currently we have 8 campaigns total. Consider also this:
    - Addind just one new campaign most likely will not affect the others but given current flexibility of those rulesets (cp, no cp, faction lock, below 50) it will not satisfy every player wanting non proc set environment. In fact it may not satisfy most even. Those non proc sets campaigns may not be that successful sadly in such case.
    - Adding 4 new campaigns may satisfy all supporters of no proc sets environment however question is if there are indeed that many players at all to justify having total o 8 campaigns? Probably not and probably some of them would be just a ghost towns. We have been already through this.

Instead of creating more diversity why not to just have a look at current ruleset for proc sets and see if all of those really need to be. proc sets. Perhaps some of those sets that currently are considered ac proc do not have to be treated as such? Like conditions of a sort if player does not have active drink buff then recovery is set to X. If buff is active then recovery is X + 500. This is not kind of set that is breaking Cyro experience really.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a joke. Eliminating all build creativity. No reason why sets like necro, burning spell weave, monster sets, etc should be included in this. Devs know this is a set collection game. That’s why they came out with the sticker book to begin with. Then turn around and disable 98% of the sets in the game gather via said sticker book....EVEN SETS THAT ONLY WORK IN PVP LIKE VD OR TRANSMUTATION!

What a joke
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the no-proc set decision in Cyrodiil for 6 months, I have used the money I would have spent on the expansion to instead pre-order New World. This decision makes so many peoples playstyles impossible and it flushed down the drain all of the time, money, and research people have put into their builds and playstyles.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the no-proc set decision in Cyrodiil for 6 months, I have used the money I would have spent on the expansion to instead pre-order New World. This decision makes so many peoples playstyles impossible and it flushed down the drain all of the time, money, and research people have put into their builds and playstyles.

Pre-ordering that trainwreck of a game which has been delayed four times now and will get delayed another time shortly before the upcoming launch date wasn’t really a better way to spend your money. I think Blackwood isn’t worth it either, but New World? That game is destined to fail and is in every aspects a worse version of ESO.

I agree with the core statement of your post though.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look into ashes of creation also.
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭

Canceling plus, not buying the dlc and pre-ordering another game, looks like this is the way.
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    Greetings all,

I don't know man. Why am I even here.

You are not alone man. This is why. We, pvp community have one common enemy, no matter what alliance we play for.

Edited by FlaviusPK on March 8, 2021 10:29PM
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people are mad because they can’t stack 40k health and three procs sets to face roll people?
    Do you all really think those other games are going to have such a massive crutch?

Those crazy damage proc sets were the only problem. The stat ones were fine.

People cry about “build diversity “ but everyone was running the same proc sets. Where’s the diversity in that?
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people are mad because they can’t stack 40k health and three procs sets to face roll people?
    Do you all really think those other games are going to have such a massive crutch?

People cry about “build diversity “ but everyone was running the same proc sets. Where’s the diversity in that?

Most people are mad because so many sets which have no damage or healing proc have had to be sidelined because of this change. Instead of hitting the cause of the current proc meta (Malacath, Crimson etc) they decided to sweep them all up.

For example, please tell me if you have EVER seen a "Nerf Darloc Brae" tread, or similar for War Maiden, Swamp Raider, Sun, Automaton etc.

How about a thread for Seducer, or any other number of the crafted sets in this game (both base and DLC)

ALL of the above have been hit because ZOS thinks every problem is a nail to hammer, instead of showing any level of nuance. As such it has wiped away not only many people's builds but the hours of farming for gear, the mats to improve them, the transmutes etc.

I will say it here for the millionth time: MALACATH IS THE PROBLEM. ZOS should look at changing how it works so it doesn't increase the damage of proc sets as proc sets already can't crit. Also, ZOS has created these pushed proc sets in order to sell DLC and Chapters. Adjust the problem sets, not remove all but 19 sets because of their "marketing strategy."
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

Most people are mad because so many sets which have no damage or healing proc have had to be sidelined because of this change. Instead of hitting the cause of the current proc meta (Malacath, Crimson etc) they decided to sweep them all up.

For example, please tell me if you have EVER seen a "Nerf Darloc Brae" tread, or similar for War Maiden, Swamp Raider, Sun, Automaton etc.

How about a thread for Seducer, or any other number of the crafted sets in this game (both base and DLC)

ALL of the above have been hit because ZOS thinks every problem is a nail to hammer, instead of showing any level of nuance. As such it has wiped away not only many people's builds but the hours of farming for gear, the mats to improve them, the transmutes etc.

I will say it here for the millionth time: MALACATH IS THE PROBLEM. ZOS should look at changing how it works so it doesn't increase the damage of proc sets as proc sets already can't crit. Also, ZOS has created these pushed proc sets in order to sell DLC and Chapters. Adjust the problem sets, not remove all but 19 sets because of their "marketing strategy."

++ ZOS thinks every problem is a nail to hammer, instead of showing any level of nuance.
    I feel they are afraid of that job to correctly find and fix a problem,
    I honestly don't understand why, it's not easy but freakin interesting and perspective and damn it can be chieper than such hammer blows again and again with new (but repeating) bugs every time.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭

It's almost like they're burning books or something.
    Edited by Nagastani on March 9, 2021 3:07AM
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. And speaking of nails and hammer, all proc sets and their builds, of any kind, are now considered 'heresy' and any players caught using these sets in Cyrodiil shall be deemed as 'heretics' and their characters shall die a heretics' death by fire or cold-stoning via public execution at Chalman Keep.

Thalmor Justiciars are coming over from Skyrim to help us police this effort and we expect everyone's full cooperation.
    Edited by Nagastani on March 9, 2021 2:57AM
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

As I already stated, this statement is just wrong. Just because many ppl were using the same sets, there were also a lot of players that used all combinations of sets.
    Now everyone uses the same sets and the class imbalance shines at its best.
    Although I agree some sets should really be looked at, taking them all away ist just wrong. I already cancelled my ESO+ and won't be playing until late fall/X-Mas when they finally sorted things out. Also won't buy anything, because I cannot use any stuff in the coming DLC/addons.
    Edited by Cyrdemaceb17_ESO on March 12, 2021 8:43AM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted a list of sets and asked for clarification, if those are the sets, which are deactivated. Instead of an answer, my post got moderator to reduce "spam".

Now I would like to point out, that there are indeed sets with a working 5-piece-bonus, which are not in the list in the OP.

Although your explanation about New Moon Acolyte seemed like every set with different 5-piece-effects won't work, this is not true for every set with different 5-piece-effects.

So I ask again for a clarification, which sets still have a working 5-piece-bonus, which are not on the list yet. This would be very kind, so we don't have to test every set ourselves.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
This discussion has been closed.