Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess here is the reason for Q3 is three-fold:

1. They need to see how the new CP system affects things once it goes live
    2. They are doing some re-tooling or re-working of how if-then calculations happen in the code once they get a chance to see the results of the new CP system.
    3. We're getting the new expansion in Q2, and that build is already past the "we can add a heap of new stuff" point, so it's gotta wait. It's already March, the new expansion is on June 1st - that's just three months away.

Some folks keep getting confused by the large number of armor sets that are counting as "proc" sets. Basically, ANYthing that requires the game to go through an if-then process is a proc set. That's why sets like Seducer's count: every time you cast a skill, the game has to go through "Is it X/Is X happening? - Yes/No - do Y/don't do Y"
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faded wrote: »
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Aquatorch wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is what you've done by enforcing the "No Proc Set" in Cyrodiil.

Everyone is just either an unkillable stamina toon or a shield stacking magicka Sorc. There is zero diversity and there are no other magicka toons running anymore.

This is not a "one-off" fight either. Every single fight out there is just like this unless it's a zerg.

https://youtu.be/GheqCzbdl8E

If you are stacking near 40k health, you really shouldn't be doing that much damage. Thats the problem with procs. You all got used to running like that and letting the sets do the damage. Maybe its just me, but I dont see Rally get a timer. Are you hitting it? Its a substantial weapon damage buff. Are you just using dizzy for an off balance and stun and heavy attacking in between?

So your [snip] solution to the no proc stupidness is that we should all just willingly wear 7 light divines armor and walk around with 20k health? 95% of the few remaining folks still fighting in Cyrodiil now are straight unkillable stamina tanks with 35k+ health and your statement doesn't change that fact.

[Edited for Baiting]

That's a big leap. I kill all kinds of people and I run 26-27k health. Near armor cap and all impen. I survive very well. I'm saying, maybe less health, more stam/mag and weapon/spell damage and use your abilities. That's all. We did it for years here

thats not from proc sets, and it is also not from skill.
    what you are describing is a failure in class balances.

Sorry. Not sure I follow what you mean.

He appears to be suggesting stamcros are at a disadvantage in Cyrodiil.

Oh dear...

At any rate. I feels the topic gets away from the point of the thread and argument against this plan to disable all the sets. Balance is not quite as far from a good argument as saying there are more unkillable builds running around as the later is completely false.

The important argument here is that it trashes a large part of this game for 6 months. I don't mean Cyrodiil here. I mean theory crafting. And their solution at the end of that 6 months is not a solution. It's pretty much "chose one and go F yourself."
    Edited by Psiion on March 7, 2021 10:15PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @zos_ginabruno

This decision is just ridiculous. Another six months of this.

If I am a Cyrodiil primary player, why should I purchase the upcoming update? I can't use anything in it that won't be applied to the base game already for free. In fact, I'm not going to purchase it. The first time ever for me since this game came out.

I want to use the sets I spent hours and hours crafting and farming for.

This is happening due to the YEARS and YEARS of ZOS ignoring the cries for balance for the various procc sets that completely annihilate balance such as Earthgore, Viper when it originally was good, and other aberrations. Years and years of bad decision making has culminated into another terrible decision. At this point, are we surprised? No.

Once again we get a decision where instead of making the hard choices of letting sets that are completely fair and fine such as New Moon or Seducer through into the "working" category, the decision is poorly thought out, with as little work put into it as possible. This trend is insulting to deal with as a customer because it tells me the company I have constantly been paying good money to for years is lazy and does not care about me as a customer.

So now we play in Cyrodiil to be rewarded random pieces of sets we can't even wear. What do I need Battlefield strategist for? Who wants this garbage level reward? It's not even worth the mats it breaks down into for the time spend needed to get rewarded one of these random sets that won't even work in Cyrodiil now.

SIX MONTHS!

Six months when you know the right thing to do is revert the changes and offer the option for folks to go to no-procc once you have the code in place. Six months of my monthly sub is 90 dollars. That's a new keyboard or headset. That's a new AAA video game from Steam or the Epic store, with the first DLC as well. 90 dollars is half my electricity bill. It's my gas for my car for three months (when not quarantined). It's four co-pays for visiting my doctor.

Tell me ZOS, why do YOU deserve this 90 US Dollars? I'm listening.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    So last night i decided to test something out. I got some spriggans and crafted a set of shacklebreaker for my stamblade. Kept my 1 piece of kragh and wild hunt ring(the thing ill miss the most when no proc comes to ps4 so im keepin it for now) and went and tried it out. Got over 50 kills(goin off the "kill enemy players" quests) in the couple hours i was in cyro with everyone else running around in their proc sets. Died a bit but no more than usual. In conclusion i think yall claiming you want no proc because it makes things about having "skill", need to just get better cuz the proc sets probably arent really why yall are dieing all the time, its you not knowing how to counter them
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    spotzhopz wrote: »
    So last night i decided to test something out. I got some spriggans and crafted a set of shacklebreaker for my stamblade. Kept my 1 piece of kragh and wild hunt ring(the thing ill miss the most when no proc comes to ps4 so im keepin it for now) and went and tried it out. Got over 50 kills(goin off the "kill enemy players" quests) in the couple hours i was in cyro with everyone else running around in their proc sets. Died a bit but no more than usual. In conclusion i think yall claiming you want no proc because it makes things about having "skill", need to just get better cuz the proc sets probably arent really why yall are dieing all the time, its you not knowing how to counter them

I strongly agree.
    People complain a lot about Crimson, a set that make only 8 k dmg and heals for almost 4 k with a 8 sec cool down.

With the resistances and mitigation will hit somebody for less then 4k.

So the healing and the damage is less them 5 hundred per sec.

But the player only get heals and do the dmg if you stay in red and delayed circle to be hitted.

Most of the players complaing about crimson are sayn that they are skilled players that don't use procs.

I just can say that if you don't know how counter crimson you are not a skilled player...
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    While the changes coming with Update 29 impact only the Champion System, we know that you’ll likely want to test many builds, so for two weeks you can reset, respec, and rebuild any and all of your characters as many times as you want for free when using a Rededication Shrine or the Champion Point redistribution function—easy!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and that is exactly the truth.
    well said.
    they did the same exact thing with locked alliances
    they also did the same thing with sloads
    they have been doing this same thing over and over with a very long list of these type things since beta.
    they continue to maintain this idea, that it's simply not possible that we are able to kill them, and it MUST be, armor sets of someother thing that is the reason, so they make mass threads to have such and such removed and again they still die. so they make new ideas.
    never coming to the realization of the truth.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 7, 2021 9:53PM
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilbirs wrote: »
    Please crate a separate Cyrodiil campaign for the tests and let those, who like to play without proc sets, have all the joy and fun in this campaign.

That's part of the work we're currently doing for U31. We'll make it so certain campaigns can allow proc sets or not (including IC and BGs) and we can also better fine tune the existing item sets. At this time, proc sets are an all-or-nothing deal for all Cyrodiil campaigns.

As for those asking about console, we don't have a date yet when this will be implemented but you can expect to see what PC currently has, including the current list of item sets that are not affected (listed on page 1 of this thread).

You need to make it so you can adjust the group size up and down in these newly made test campaign environments.
    If what you are doing is making a campaign that can function as a solid test bed for future testing, you need to be sure that you cover all your bases and not focus too heavily on proc sets alone. I think there are many other avenues you can take with regards Cyro testing.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    Where is my incentive to purchase the next chapter? I can't use any of the gear in Cyrodiil, so why would I waste my money?
  • Prax3des
    Prax3des
    ✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    If the procs are a all or nothing deal currently i think its a safe bet that majority of the community would rather have you allow all sets till Q3 then after you have the code in place for it make properly done no proc campaigns not allow a more laggy 18 set only cyro for 6 months that everyone has no option but to play in

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself.

The active Cyro pop is above to take a nose dive when double AP disappears, we have months of PVE events, and the rest of us get bored with what little build scraps we have available for six months making fights boring faction blobs.
    PCNA ★ templar apologist, "mercenarial dog"
    JUST SAY NO to faction locks
    Praxedes Amell ~ DC templar
    Arimenta Weiße ~ EP templar
    Cares-About-Map~ EP templar, AR50
    Loraumaire ~ AD templar
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭

Well said. Buuut we drifting away from the original topic. Maybe im not alone with actually waiting the new cp system, testing the my new setup in Cyrodiil, and now basically the game lost its meaning for a half year for some of us. Made contents we payed for actually useless. I guess there's everything been told in the topic, its just repeat at this point. ZOS maybe listen, maybe revert it, maybe not. We players as costumers as said earlier vote with our wallet. ZOS a business afterall, they not gonna care about how much time you spent on farming, theorycrafting and testing. The only thing they care is you are a paying costumer or not. People told what they want here more-likely...

As few of yours already told, best we can do is simple. If the game is enjoyable personally i'll gladly paying for it, as i had my eso+ for years. Since this is six month thing is something i'll not continue paying for. Subscribtion cancelled. Gonna play a bit in Imperial City, getting bored in that and i'll just play something else. The game quite money-consuming, having kinda greedy businessmodel sooo... ye... not a poll on this forum gonna decide this six month happen' or not.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • nTranced
    nTranced
    ✭✭✭
    @zos_ginabruno

If I am a Cyrodiil primary player, why should I purchase the upcoming update? I can't use anything in it that won't be applied to the base game already for free. In fact, I'm not going to purchase it. The first time ever for me since this game came out.

This is happening due to the YEARS and YEARS of ZOS ignoring the cries for balance for the various procc sets that completely annihilate balance such as Earthgore, Viper when it originally was good, and other aberrations. Years and years of bad decision making has culminated into another terrible decision. At this point, are we surprised? No.

Once again we get a decision where instead of making the hard choices of letting sets that are completely fair and fine such as New Moon or Seducer through into the "working" category, the decision is poorly thought out, with as little work put into it as possible. This trend is insulting to deal with as a customer because it tells me the company I have constantly been paying good money to for years is lazy and does not care about me as a customer.

So now we play in Cyrodiil to be rewarded random pieces of sets we can't even wear. What do I need Battlefield strategist for? Who wants this garbage level reward? It's not even worth the mats it breaks down into for the time spend needed to get rewarded one of these random sets that won't even work in Cyrodiil now.

SIX MONTHS!

Six months when you know the right thing to do is revert the changes and offer the option for folks to go to no-procc once you have the code in place. Six months of my monthly sub is 90 dollars. That's a new keyboard or headset. That's a new AAA video game from Steam or the Epic store, with the first DLC as well. 90 dollars is half my electricity bill. It's my gas for my car for three months (when not quarantined). It's four co-pays for visiting my doctor.

Many people here are stating they will not be purchasing new content (Chapters/DLC) if the no-proc sets in Cyrodiil goes until Update 31. Here’s a prediction, many of the sets that were originally planned for Update 30 (Blackwood) and Update 31 are being reworked to be no-proc sets. This would include overland, dungeon, trial and craftable sets as well as mythic items. So, if you want to have more than the sets listed on the first page of this post be prepared to pay gold or cash to get the new no-proc sets coming in the next few updates.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After removing some posts, mainly for Baiting and Bashing, we would like to remind everyone to keep the Forum's Community Rules in mind when posting or replying. Please keep in mind the the forums are intended to be a welcoming place for discussion.
    Staff Post
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »

Well said. Buuut we drifting away from the original topic. Maybe im not alone with actually waiting the new cp system, testing the my new setup in Cyrodiil, and now basically the game lost its meaning for a half year for some of us. Made contents we payed for actually useless. I guess there's everything been told in the topic, its just repeat at this point. ZOS maybe listen, maybe revert it, maybe not. We players as costumers as said earlier vote with our wallet. ZOS a business afterall, they not gonna care about how much time you spent on farming, theorycrafting and testing. The only thing they care is you are a paying costumer or not. People told what they want here more-likely...

As few of yours already told, best we can do is simple. If the game is enjoyable personally i'll gladly paying for it, as i had my eso+ for years. Since this is six month thing is something i'll not continue paying for. Subscribtion cancelled. Gonna play a bit in Imperial City, getting bored in that and i'll just play something else. The game quite money-consuming, having kinda greedy businessmodel sooo... ye... not a poll on this forum gonna decide this six month happen' or not.

Oh yeah, the main thing i loved about pvp in this game was combining different sets. Without that this game loses what makes it enjoyable. Theyre gonna have to do something spectacular for me to spend any more money.
    nTranced wrote: »
    @zos_ginabruno

SIX MONTHS!

Many people here are stating they will not be purchasing new content (Chapters/DLC) if the no-proc sets in Cyrodiil goes until Update 31. Here’s a prediction, many of the sets that were originally planned for Update 30 (Blackwood) and Update 31 are being reworked to be no-proc sets. This would include overland, dungeon, trial and craftable sets as well as mythic items. So, if you want to have more than the sets listed on the first page of this post be prepared to pay gold or cash to get the new no-proc sets coming in the next few updates.

I hadnt thought of this but after reading it and knowing how zos handles things, i almost guarantee you are right about this
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have canceled my subscription. As a competitive PVP player I have not played Cyro with anything but magsorc for the last few weeks. All build diversity is dead and pvp in Cyro it is very boring.

ZOS please revert this incredibly stupid decision imediatly or you will lose me as a customer.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    I have canceled my subscription. As a competitive PVP player I have not played Cyro with anything but magsorc for the last few weeks. All build diversity is dead and pvp in Cyro it is very boring.

ZOS please revert this incredibly stupid decision imediatly or you will lose me as a customer.

Have done the same.. Now regretting buying crowns for two race changes for PvP next patch.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone is just either an unkillable stamina toon or a shield stacking magicka Sorc. There is zero diversity and there are no other magicka toons running anymore.

Haha cute, acting like that's not what Cyro has basically been with procs anyway.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forthwinds wrote: »
    Please crate a separate Cyrodiil campaign for the tests and let those, who like to play without proc sets, have all the joy and fun in this campaign.

That's part of the work we're currently doing for U31. We'll make it so certain campaigns can allow proc sets or not (including IC and BGs) and we can also better fine tune the existing item sets. At this time, proc sets are an all-or-nothing deal for all Cyrodiil campaigns.

As for those asking about console, we don't have a date yet when this will be implemented but you can expect to see what PC currently has, including the current list of item sets that are not affected (listed on page 1 of this thread).

So we’re going through all this trouble just so you can split campaigns and the no proc campaign will be a dead campaign in 6 months? Remember when you guys said there wouldn’t be any major system changes in 2021 & then you released CP 2.0.... and now this?

If it is faction locked it won't be dead.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is what you've done by enforcing the "No Proc Set" in Cyrodiil.

This is not a "one-off" fight either. Every single fight out there is just like this unless it's a zerg.

https://youtu.be/GheqCzbdl8E

To be honest it‘s ironic that a Stamcro is complaining about this.

You’re playing basically what you described. Maybe it was intentional, if so well done.
    Where is my incentive to purchase the next chapter? I can't use any of the gear in Cyrodiil, so why would I waste my money?

Do you know what sets Blackwood will have? I haven’t seen any announcement of the Chapter sets yet. Maybe Blackwood doesn‘t have any proc sets.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 8, 2021 12:00AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to remind you that the non proc cyro, is how it was in the beginning. At that time there was many more playing pvp, they noted an increase of players during these 3 weeks. I think that is the reason they made this change permanent.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭

So you expect the playerbase to be fine with the entirety of itemization, theory crafting, and what most people consider fun pulled out from under us? Not to mention the fact that a lot of us pre-ordered the expansion with the expectation that the new dungeon sets would be usable in Cyrodiil and now they are not.

If the rulesets are such a binary thing right now why not make the no-cp campaign also no-proc as most of the players who play there are the one's that enjoy the change from my observations in game, and here on the forums. Then you can revert Greyhost, and all parties would be happy. This would then allow you to further diversify the rulesets down the road after you do a redesign/rebalance of the sets based on the new CP system too.

Additionally, I would like to also point out that this decision was made BEFORE the scheduled end of the test period and I know MANY people who were waiting until Sun/Monday to submit a long form of feedback of their entire testing experience. Making this call prematurely disallows their voices to be taken into consideration for this decision. I strongly urge you to reconsider this blanket decision or I feel it will result in the loss of many dedicated PvP players and communities.
    Edited by DemonNinja on March 8, 2021 12:20AM
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    I just want to remind you that the non proc cyro, is how it was in the beginning. At that time there was many more playing pvp, they noted an increase of players during these 3 weeks. I think that is the reason they made this change permanent.

I don't believe for one moment that there was that much of an increase in players. There were no daytime or late afternoon queues, and there were even a couple nights on Greyhost when AD and EP were only 3 Bars and never reached a lock status. As someone who spends 24-40 hours a week in Cyrodiil I can certainly say that population was no more noticeably larger than normal, other than the usual influx of people trying the test / wanting to dip into the double AP. Not enough to justify the decision in the way you are claiming, in my opinion.
    @DemonNinja
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    DemonNinja wrote: »

If the rulesets are such a binary thing right now why not make the no-cp campaign also no-proc as most of the players who play there are the one's that enjoy the change from my observations in game, and here on the forums. Then you can revert Greyhost, and all parties would be happy. This would then allow you to further diversify the rulesets down the road after you do a redesign/rebalance of the sets based on the new CP system too.

As a ps4 NA No CP regular i say no. They want "skilled" gameplay they can go play against the CP 3000s with no procs. No CP should be kept beginner friendly
  • Kingsman1995
    Kingsman1995
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if I can get a refund on the new chapter I purchased?
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. I'm going to email someone tonight and try to call tomorrow morning. I might buy it come Q3.
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭

The only thing you can do is put a ticket in if you purchased it from them directly. If you purchased through steam you should still be able to get a refund from what some of my friends and guildmates have indicated. Hope that helps.
    @DemonNinja
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 months is too long.
    We've done enough.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you can’t because you most likely already used the digital goodies in game.

By the way, what’s everyone’s problem with the Chapter? You don’t even know yet if Blackwood will have any new proc sets. And based on their decisions to revamp proc sets in general I doubt they’ll introduce new ones in Blackwood either, e.g. your complaints don’t make sense yet. If we get the PTR and there are indeed new proc sets, your anger would be validated. Right now it’s pointless. Flames of Ambition isn’t part of the Chapter either, so the proc sets coming in U29 don’t really count.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭

tenor.gif?itemid=7241283
    Edited by Kory on March 8, 2021 1:27AM
  • Kingsman1995
    Kingsman1995
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

No you can’t because you most likely already used the digital goodies in game.

By the way, what’s everyone’s problem with the Chapter? You don’t even know yet if Blackwood will have any new proc sets. And based on their decisions to revamp proc sets in general I doubt they’ll introduce new ones in Blackwood either, e.g. your complaints don’t make sense yet. If we get the PTR and there are indeed new proc sets, your anger would be validated. Right now it’s pointless. Flames of Ambition isn’t part of the Chapter either, so the proc sets coming in U29 don’t really count.

I get your point but I can't see myself playing the game much any longer. Due to the recent announcement as I've stated many times in my previous comments on the forum :) I might pop on for a trial or two as i'm in charge of all that in the guild i'm apart off. But that's about it to be honest. Most of my time is spent in PVP which totally boring and properly be for a while. So I won't be investing in a game I won't be playing It :)
This discussion has been closed.