The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Will jewellery traits be affected? For example Bloodthirsty
    Jewelry traits will not be affected during this test.

Aliyavana wrote: »
    Any chance that double AP will be active during this time to ensure that more people will participate in this test?
    Checking on this and will let you all know.
    Any news on double AP ?

Not yet. The challenge is the build is already in certification, so we're discussing if/how we can enable double XP for the test. Will let you all know as soon as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very surprised that double AP wasn't implemented in the build from the beginning. without that incentive, far fewer people will participate, so inevitably performance will be better.... :/ not really the best testing environment to gauge results from.
    Edited by valkyrie93 on February 10, 2021 3:25PM
    PC EU
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer some questions that have appeared throughout this thread:

What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Will the change to revert the current healing restrictions also go to console?
    Yes, though this won't occur until Update 29 launch next month.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Robes of Alteration mastery
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Discussions with other players (outside of forums and even in this thread) seem to indicate that there is still some confusion as to what will work and what won't work. Percentages seem to be indicated as being affected (meaning they won't work). Will this also include crit? Crit is calculated on a percentage basis, but Chudan is a raw stat and New Moon Acolyte is a percentage and a raw stat as well. And yet those will not be functional.

For example, you clearly state above that penetration will continue to function. However, it is a percentage of damage that is based per player hit. (every player does not have the same armor value, but each player hit requires that the game must recalculate how much armor to bypass and how much damage is allowed through. That is a different percentage of damage every player hit and every cast.) The end result is that most players are confused. Bloodthirsty is gear and it is based on percentage and it will not be affected?

Why are some sets that deal only with raw stats such as Willow's Path not working? Crit percentage is also the same. Percentages from jewelry traits are also calculations, so why are those not being affected?

I would like to work a bit early BEFORE the test to work out functioning builds. However, with all the confusion about what will work and what won't, further clarification would be very helpful. If you could, @ZOS_GinaBruno, (and no one else that is also confused which most here are), then could you please, please restate more clearly what will work and what won't. Other players in the forums are simply guessing as to what will happen during this test, and I'd like further clarification from you if you would, please. Especially before I invest any more gold and time into sets and builds that I will find out possibly later in this thread will not, in fact, be functioning.
    Edited by Earthewen on February 10, 2021 3:32PM
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Any chance that double AP will be active during this time to ensure that more people will participate in this test?
    Any news on double AP ?

Not yet. The challenge is the build is already in certification, so we're discussing if/how we can enable double XP for the test. Will let you all know as soon as we can.

This doesn't exactly bode well for a good test. If there is no double AP then there goes incentive number 1 for people who actually still want AP. Then if IC is not included there is an avenue for most pvp players to decide to go there as this test is actually going to cost gold to partake in. I have just made 1 set and fortunately I have the 2nd set....then comes 5 x Hakeijo to make enchants for new gear and ofc all the hassle of changing everything.
    If the idea is to get a good test which I will partake in as I don't need AP and have the gear and wish to help then you have to understand that others do not think the same and we end up with a false positive due to lack of numbers etc. In turn this ends up with me and those like me getting bored and either not bothering or going in IC either way not good for the test
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it was stated before, no double AP means no interest in participating and spending gold mats and tristat runes on gear that will be used only these 3 weeks
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we do a test with harrowstorm changes reverted? 😁 I realise stadia may be exempt from that one...
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The challenge is the build is already in certification, so we're discussing if/how we can enable double XP for the test. Will let you all know as soon as we can.

It's great that you're trying to get this in at the eleventh hour, but yikes. I hope it comes to light you had something else in mind to thank all these people for nearly a month of disruption to do you a favor, if nobody there even thought of the double AP incentive.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    It is confusing that 5 piece bonuses based on % increases will be disabled but if the % increase is in the 2-4 piece bonuses it will work.

i.e Willow's Path 5 item bonus of 25% increase to recovery won't work but battalion defender 4 item bonus of 4% increased healing done will.

Is this correct?
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Discussions with other players (outside of forums and even in this thread) seem to indicate that there is still some confusion as to what will work and what won't work. Percentages seem to be indicated as being affected (meaning they won't work). Will this also include crit? Crit is calculated on a percentage basis, but Chudan is a raw stat and New Moon Acolyte is a percentage and a raw stat as well. And yet those will not be functional.

For example, you clearly state above that penetration will continue to function. However, it is a percentage of damage that is based per player hit. (every player does not have the same armor value, but each player hit requires that the game must recalculate how much armor to bypass and how much damage is allowed through. That is a different percentage of damage every player hit and every cast.) The end result is that most players are confused. Bloodthirsty is gear and it is based on percentage and it will not be affected?

Why are some sets that deal only with raw stats such as Willow's Path not working? Crit percentage is also the same. Percentages from jewelry traits are also calculations, so why are those not being affected?

I would like to work a bit early BEFORE the test to work out functioning builds. However, with all the confusion about what will work and what won't, further clarification would be very helpful. If you could, @ZOS_GinaBruno, (and no one else that is also confused which most here are), then could you please, please restate more clearly what will work and what won't. Other players in the forums are simply guessing as to what will happen during this test, and I'd like further clarification from you if you would, please. Especially before I invest any more gold and time into sets and builds that I will find out possibly later in this thread will not, in fact, be functioning.

I STILL don’t understand what is so confusing... if a set gives penetration it gives it as a raw value... for example skoria 1 piece bonus gives X amount of magic pen. Sets like willows and seducers which are percentages aren’t working because they have already explained that in seducers case it is checking whenever you use an ability if it’s cost should be reduced. I should imagine willows is also doing something similar as it increases regen by a percentage and regen is a stat that can be changed easily so it is probably constantly checking how much to increase regen by.

Chudan is not a raw stat. It is a buff.

Jewellery traits are TRAITS not sets. This is a proc SET test.

If a set bonus gives anything other than RAW STATS. X amount of mag, stam, health, spell/weapon dmg, crit, pen w/e. That bonus will not be functional...

Increase regen by X% - NO
    Increase spell dmg by X% - NO
    Applies X major/minor buff - NO
    Grants X spell dmg to magic abilities - NO (it has to check wether to apply the dmg bonus or not)

Pure stats that are NOT gained by a circumstance (ex bright-throat NO because it is checking if u have a drink buff) then YES.

RAW STATS. They have said it many times and nothing is actually contradictory. Everything people are mentioning and asking why it’s not included is because it is not a RAW STAT....

Just go with the sets on the list 😂
    Edited by NotTaylorSwift on February 10, 2021 4:18PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beaverton wrote: »
    It is confusing that 5 piece bonuses based on % increases will be disabled but if the % increase is in the 2-4 piece bonuses it will work.

i.e Willow's Path 5 item bonus of 25% increase to recovery won't work but battalion defender 4 item bonus of 4% increased healing done will.

Is this correct?

Probably?
    I think that healing done, healing taken, and healing received are all 'standard' stats like spell critical or penetration, but they are not shown on the character sheet, and this can be treated as a static bonus. Willows path appears to require frequent recalculation of the effective regen to apply its bonus.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

I STILL don’t understand what is so confusing... if a set gives penetration it gives it as a raw value... for example skoria 1 piece bonus gives X amount of magic pen. Sets like willows and seducers which are percentages aren’t working because they have already explained that in seducers case it is checking whenever you use an ability if it’s cost should be reduced. I should imagine willows is also doing something similar as it increases regen by a percentage and regen is a stat that can be changed easily so it is probably constantly checking how much to increase regen by.

If a set bonus gives anything other than RAW STATS. X amount of mag, stam, health, spell/weapon dmg, crit, pen w/e. That bonus will not be functional...

Grants X spell dmg to magic abilities - NO (it has to check wether to apply the dmg bonus or not)

Pure stats that are NOT gained by a circumstance (ex bright-throat NO because it is checking if u have a drink buff) then YES.

RAW STATS. They have said it many times and nothing is actually contradictory. Everything people are mentioning and asking why it’s not included is because it is not a RAW STAT....

Just stop explaining already. It is quite funny how the first page clearly states the rules, yet a lot in this thread try inventing new rules for situations that are already covered on the first page.
  • Saenic
    Saenic
    ✭✭✭
    When you equip such a disabled set in Cyrodiil, will only the 5 piece bonus not work or will all bonusses not work? E.g. will equipping a Monster Set grant the 1 piece bonus or not?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saenic wrote: »
    When you equip such a disabled set in Cyrodiil, will only the 5 piece bonus not work or will all bonusses not work? E.g. will equipping a Monster Set grant the 1 piece bonus or not?

The official answer has been that the 1 piece will work.
  • DangOlMeatball
    DangOlMeatball
    Soul Shriven
    Odysseus87 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just letting you know we're working on getting answers to some more of your questions today, including some of the specific sets called out. Stay tuned...

It’s a little disconcerting that you guys don’t have defined parameters of this test yet, especially when it’s going live in less than a week.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Any news on double AP ?

valkyrie93 wrote: »
    very surprised that double AP wasn't implemented in the build from the beginning. without that incentive, far fewer people will participate, so inevitably performance will be better.... :/ not really the best testing environment to gauge results from.
    Pauls wrote: »
    As it was stated before, no double AP means no interest in participating and spending gold mats and tristat runes on gear that will be used only these 3 weeks
    Faded wrote: »
    The challenge is the build is already in certification, so we're discussing if/how we can enable double XP for the test. Will let you all know as soon as we can.

It's great that you're trying to get this in at the eleventh hour, but yikes. I hope it comes to light you had something else in mind to thank all these people for nearly a month of disruption to do you a favor, if nobody there even thought of the double AP incentive.

Yea... Double AP will make me go pvp but I wont if they dont have that going on...
  • Saenic
    Saenic
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Saenic wrote: »

The official answer has been that the 1 piece will work.

Ah thanks. So I can use 1 piece Balorgh and 1 piece Molag Kena.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Rhygam wrote: »
    I dont think, only giving double Ap is gonna be enough of a recompensation. First destroying Cyrodiil with Procalypse 2.0 and instead of stopping it adding more and more Proc Sets. The nice thing is, now everyone can see, how balanced this game really is...not. Magsorcs, Stamcros and Stamdens gonna dominate everything. And THREE weeks. At least it looks like Cyrodiil is gonna feel like 5 years ago, only with more broken classes. Also 1st, its not us, its you ZOS who adds these sets. I pay eso+ and then have to suffer through so many tests all the time... Also how long are procsests in the game? And NOW its thought to be an Issue???

Magplar and magdks with 5pc amber plasm, 3pc willpower, 2pc trainee and 2 spell damage monsterset pieces are in a very good spot tbh
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    If the test DO confirm that proc sets are at fault with the server performance; I wonder how it'll be adjusted from a balance and performance perspective.

If not, then what is next can they do?

What classes will benefit the most from the testing? Nightblades and Sorcerers?

This will be exciting to see.

Magsorcs and magplars are probably the 2 strongest with amber plasm builds
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

It isn't that I don't trust other players to interpret things for me, but I prefer that the people who actually know and understand the calculations to respond to my post. I specifically requested in my post that I hear from the persons who actually know rather than someone who is just guessing without all the facts in front of them. If you have detailed information about all calculations in the game, please send it to me. I'm happy to peruse it all for myself.

I am trying to prevent confusion being caused by people who do not work for ZOS and do not have all the numbers right in front of them.

Do you work for ZOS? If you do, I'm happy to send you all of my future questions. However, from the date that you and several others actually joined the forums/game, I'm having difficulty trusting your assessment of the contradictory information we have received thus far.
    Edited by Earthewen on February 10, 2021 5:43PM
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    Play the way You want. Remind me please, whose slogan it was? :D
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

It isn't that I don't trust other players to interpret things for me, but I prefer that the people who actually know and understand the calculations to respond to my post. I specifically requested in my post that I hear from the persons who actually know rather than someone who is just guessing without all the facts in front of them. If you have detailed information about all calculations in the game, please send it to me. I'm happy to peruse it all for myself.

I am trying to prevent confusion being caused by people who do not work for ZOS and do not have all the numbers right in front of them.

Do you work for ZOS? If you do, I'm happy to send you all of my future questions. However, from the date that you and several others actually joined the forums/game, I'm having difficulty trusting your assessment of the contradictory information we have received thus far.

Yes because the date people joined the forums has something to do with the ability to understand what we have been told. What was contradictory? If u go to page 1 there is a list of sets that are not affected by this test. Any set not on the list is affected :) All of the facts about the test are in front of us, they are on page 1. :)
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what about sets like war maiden?

does this count as check set because it checks for the damage element?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Very Wise words.
    you are correct.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on what information ZOS has provided, it would count as a check set for the reason you stated.

As long as my understanding is correct, any set that provides a bonus that isn't just adding a value to a variable on the character sheet won't provide that bonus.* Ie. X Piece Bonus: +Y Variable

Based on the sets listed that will work, here are what those variables are:

Resources: Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health
    Recoveries: Magicka Recovery, Stamina Recovery, Health Recovery
    Offensive: Spell Damage, Weapon Damage, Spell Critical, Weapon Critical Offensive Critical, Critical Chance, Spell Penetration, Physical Penetration, Offensive Penetration
    Defensive: Spell Resistance, Physical Resistance, Armor

The question is still out there regarding % Healing Done and % Healing Received.

*Sets that provide a buff that provides flat stats will not provide the buff, since the buff is technically a continuous proc serving as a middleman and not a flat stat bonus.
  • Siuansong
    Siuansong
    Any idea if the change to out of group heals will result in orbs and budding seeds working in cyro again?
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

Has been answered multiple times. Is it in the list of unaffected sets?
    Siuansong wrote: »
    Any idea if the change to out of group heals will result in orbs and budding seeds working in cyro again?

I should imagine so :open_mouth: they did work between the group heal tests last year. Would be cool if they would work again :)

• Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Any news on double AP ?

Ouch, so the plan was to do it without double ap... We need incentives to get as many players as you can to stress test cyrodiil.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: We will be activating double AP during this upcoming test. To be clear, the only actions/activities that will result in double AP are capturing and defending Keeps, resources, and outposts, and killing/healing other player characters.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Any news on double AP ?

You really should provide incentives. We all want this test to yield useful information.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update: We will be activating double AP during this upcoming test. To be clear, the only actions/activities that will result in double AP are capturing and defending Keeps, resources, and outposts, and killing/healing other player characters.

The thunderous sound of thousands of wall repair kits being shoved back into Guild Banks
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
This discussion has been closed.