Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    we have to now make and/or farm entire new sets, and gold them out, that will cost around 1 million gold to do that, just for a 3 week test. please return that 1 Million Gold to us for this test.

if we include rings necklace jewelry then it may cost 2 million, maybe more.

Don't forget folks, overland sets can be bought with AP. There's a vendor at your gate that sells them.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »
    Wait, so even Swamp Raider and Witch-knight are going to be affected even though they are just raw stat gains? Are you really sure the first post contains a list of ALL non-affected sets?

Can safely say these 2 would not work because there is a condition of specific damage type, and/or something being present on the target
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like Swamp Raider and Witch Knight would be affected since those sets perform a check if the damage is disease/poison.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    we have to now make and/or farm entire new sets, and gold them out, that will cost around 1 million gold to do that, just for a 3 week test. please return that 1 Million Gold to us for this test.

if we include rings necklace jewelry then it may cost 2 million, maybe more.

Don't forget folks, overland sets can be bought with AP. There's a vendor at your gate that sells them.

those are only in purple
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a another note, when talking about condition checks; why not clear the in combat state after a couple minutes or so of not taking damage? Seems if I hit someone (or heal someone who has) and we both walk away; I am tied to them and enter and exit combat when they do, meaning there is a constant check with potentially a mass amount of players to get each others combat state.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    On a another note, when talking about condition checks; why not clear the in combat state after a couple minutes or so of not taking damage? Seems if I hit someone (or heal someone who has) and we both walk away; I am tied to them and enter and exit combat when they do, meaning there is a constant check with potentially a mass amount of players to get each others combat state.

Good insight, Good call.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so even Swamp Raider and Witch-knight are going to be affected even though they are just raw stat gains? Are you really sure the first post contains a list of ALL non-affected sets?

Those are not raw stats. They are conditional. If current DoT tick is doing disease damage ability. If enemy is currently affected by the poison status effect. Etc. This is what they are trying to avoid. The server needing to make lots of calculations at runtime to determine if you get that bonus.

Is this a bit extreme? Does it indicate that underlying combat code has inefficiencies? Probably. But think of it this way. If there is still a ton of lag after these changes, we can rule out conditional sets being the culprit. But if there is a large improvement, then ZOS can decide how they want to go forward. Bite the bullet and try to rewrite the combat code to be more efficient? Change some of these sets to be static bonus, or have easier-to-calculate conditions or less-frequent-to-check conditions?

I doubt the final result will be 95% of game's sets being banned from PvP. More likely result is they determine how much improvement could be gained and how they can adjust sets or rewrite code to take advantage. They want hard evidence of what improves lag and what does not before making what could be significant changes to a lot of sets, or to the code that lies beneath set bonuses.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will 1 pcs monster set work (example: only shoulder form one set and helmet from the other ?)

I mean they should, but it is better to ask in advance...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 9, 2021 8:50PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about vicious death outside of pvp the sets 5 piece bonus is useless?
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to this, hope they implement it in all PvP so we can get rid of the proc set crutching people that pest it.
    EU PC
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorc community would like to say thank you for upcoming, amazing 3 weeks. We will enjoy it :smiley:
    Other communities are happy for Nerf Sorc posts.
  • Thialmer
    Thialmer
    ✭✭
    How on earth is slimecraw considered a proc set? What causes the proc, equipping it?
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    Thialmer wrote: »
    How on earth is slimecraw considered a proc set? What causes the proc, equipping it?
    It's condition set, how hard is to understand that lol?

(1 item) Adds 833 Spell Critical, Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (2 items) Gain Minor Berserk at all times, increasing your damage done by 5%.

So for people that has problems, what it means, it has to calculate how much 5% of your damage it is. SO IT NEEDS TO DO CALCULATION.
    Edited by McGordon on February 9, 2021 9:07PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fully support this test.
    Playing since beta...
  • zanohttrb14_ESO

Those two sets are no different than Seducer's. Anything that impacts a specific TYPE of ability (in the case of Swamp Raider, only Poison and Disease Damage abilities; in the case of Witch-knight, only enemies inflicted with a Poison Damage effect) as those are calculated on ability cast and therefore are a "proc" set in that the increased weapon damage "procs" when you cast the ability and the conditions are met.
  • ewateo
    ewateo
    Soul Shriven
    As long as there is my number 0 (sic!) set I am happy and cannot await the reckoning. Will be like a returning to the past where there were no proc sets, and players with their skills (or not) were before the sets they are wearing. Fingers crossed for the performance betterment.
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello my old friends Hundings and Spriggans :D
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happy that i cant play my main bombblade for 3 weeks.
    But those settings look like fun. More skill based less proc sets.

And looks like it could feel a bit like old battleleveling.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    Not happy that i cant play my main bombblade for 3 weeks.
    But those settings look like fun. More skill based less proc sets.

And looks like it could feel a bit like old battleleveling.

I honestly wish they implemented this on console for a 3 week trial as well.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭

Funny you should mention this.... they have tried previously to fix this. They implemented a fix and it worked for a while, but then got broken again in whatever the next update was, and has been broken ever since.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer some questions that have appeared throughout this thread:

What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Will the change to revert the current healing restrictions also go to console?
    Yes, though this won't occur until Update 29 launch next month.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Robes of Alteration mastery
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

@ZOS_GinaBruno iam not trying to cause probs but why is mighty chudan on the list when it has no proc element attached to it, its a flat base item, which is ment to be unaffected
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »

Funny you should mention this.... they have tried previously to fix this. They implemented a fix and it worked for a while, but then got broken again in whatever the next update was, and has been broken ever since.

Yeah I am well aware. Friend if mine actually brought it up as a constant calculation. I keep bringing it up because I am like a meme in our guild as always being in combat. Some people build for speed for tactical reasons. I build for speed because I have to freaking run everywhere.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question regarding 2 sets:

Night's Silence & Shadow Dancer's Raiment.

Both of those sets have an effect: "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak."

I ask because on current PTS (on Advanced UI), this sets simply sets your sneak speed penalty to "0" - no matter if you are sneaking or not. I ask whatever this sets have a "check" and if those are affected by no-porc test.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 9, 2021 11:18PM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Gina, you all will simply have to compile a complete list for the players of the only sets that will be working. Several times here in this thread alone things stated have been contradicted later on. This is more than just a tad frustrating and smacks of another not only poorly planned test, but one even you all don't seem to know the parameters for.

I would not even bother to say a word, except I read the thread in its entirety earlier and crafted sets based on what was said here to see later you stating they would in fact NOT be working- This is not simply sets that have 'conditions' that will be disabled then, its some hybridized version of that seemingly sprinkled with a few 'non conditional sets' in there arbitrarily.

At a basic level the community deserves to have a clear listing of what will work- no need to do anything but supply that one list of what will work or further complicate it....to do so is rather costly to the players when the test is not made completely clear from jump.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    we have to now make and/or farm entire new sets, and gold them out, that will cost around 1 million gold to do that, just for a 3 week test. PLEASE return that 1 Million Gold to us for this test.

I don't think you have to gold them out, but some of the best remaining sets are crafted and even purple jewelry isn't cheap

that is just not true at all.
    just about everyone is going to max out and Gold all their new jewelry and armor sets for pvp.
    you specificly and at most 5 people "wont" Gold out thier jewelry and weapons and armors but the rest of us will and i am asking we get compensation for that which could go over 2 Million Gold

that is just not true at all.
    Nobody will spend 2 million gold for 2-3 weeks of testing.
    Of course golding out weapons is the bare minimum, but most people still have all of these sets in gold quality since they once were quite good.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is actually quite problematic. They really need to look at this. I know there are a lot of reasons for it regarding who you are in combat with and who you will gain XP/AP from, but more strict limitations as to when you go into and out of combat, or how long someone should stay on your combat list could be looked at without robbing people of AP/XP for kills and assists.

Check 1 no incoming or outgoing damage or healing for 60 seconds = out of combat.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Gina, you all will simply have to compile a complete list for the players of the only sets that will be working. Several times here in this thread alone things stated have been contradicted later on. This is more than just a tad frustrating and smacks of another not only poorly planned test, but one even you all don't seem to know the parameters for.

I would not even bother to say a word, except I read the thread in its entirety earlier and crafted sets based on what was said here to see later you stating they would in fact NOT be working- This is not simply sets that have 'conditions' that will be disabled then, its some hybridized version of that seemingly sprinkled with a few 'non conditional sets' in there arbitrarily.

At a basic level the community deserves to have a clear listing of what will work- no need to do anything but supply that one list of what will work or further complicate it....to do so is rather costly to the players when the test is not made completely clear from jump.

I don't think I get the confusion. The initial post called out only sets that would be working during the test. Was it missing some sets, sure. But if the set wasn't on that list, why would you create it. Nothing from that initial list was removed from the list. And all of the sets in Gina's post were asked about by players in the thread, even though they were told only the ones in the first post would be active. Why would you craft sets that were mentioned by other players and not in the list from the very first post of this thread?
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

@ZOS_GinaBruno iam not trying to cause probs but why is mighty chudan on the list when it has no proc element attached to it, its a flat base item, which is ment to be unaffected

Just guessing, but similar to why Rattlecage isn’t going to work. All of the sets that provide Major/Minor buffs still involve a condition at some point that increases the server calculations
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if they will enable double AP. For me this is basically yes / no if I am going to participate in this tests or not, at least for longer than a day.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Just guessing, but similar to why Rattlecage isn’t going to work. All of the sets that provide Major/Minor buffs still involve a condition at some point that increases the server calculations

Ah yeah, that makes sense. It has to check if there is one active already. Was wondering that too.
This discussion has been closed.