Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    To answer some questions that have appeared throughout this thread:

What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Will the change to revert the current healing restrictions also go to console?
    Yes, though this won't occur until Update 29 launch next month.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Robes of Alteration mastery
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Gina, you all will simply have to compile a complete list for the players of the only sets that will be working. Several times here in this thread alone things stated have been contradicted later on. This is more than just a tad frustrating and smacks of another not only poorly planned test, but one even you all don't seem to know the parameters for.

I would not even bother to say a word, except I read the thread in its entirety earlier and crafted sets based on what was said here to see later you stating they would in fact NOT be working- This is not simply sets that have 'conditions' that will be disabled then, its some hybridized version of that seemingly sprinkled with a few 'non conditional sets' in there arbitrarily.

At a basic level the community deserves to have a clear listing of what will work- no need to do anything but supply that one list of what will work or further complicate it....to do so is rather costly to the players when the test is not made completely clear from jump.

I don't think I get the confusion. The initial post called out only sets that would be working during the test. Was it missing some sets, sure. But if the set wasn't on that list, why would you create it. Nothing from that initial list was removed from the list. And all of the sets in Gina's post were asked about by players in the thread, even though they were told only the ones in the first post would be active. Why would you craft sets that were mentioned by other players and not in the list from the very first post of this thread?

Because if you read the whole thread it continues to clarify and then change those clarifications when asked including pointing out several sets were not listed originally that would be working and then listing non conditional monster sets that would NOT be working. I am glad you saw no issues with that---but I am not the only one I am sure who is wondering why the original message was so unclear to begin with or why the original 'list' was altered every few posts including monster sets and jewelry later on----
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets if it just has stats such as Max Magicka, Max Stamina, Max Health, Penetration, Regen, etc.

Confirming that the following sets, which were called out throughout the thread, ARE affected by the test:
    • Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Gina, you all will simply have to compile a complete list for the players of the only sets that will be working. Several times here in this thread alone things stated have been contradicted later on. This is more than just a tad frustrating and smacks of another not only poorly planned test, but one even you all don't seem to know the parameters for.

I would not even bother to say a word, except I read the thread in its entirety earlier and crafted sets based on what was said here to see later you stating they would in fact NOT be working- This is not simply sets that have 'conditions' that will be disabled then, its some hybridized version of that seemingly sprinkled with a few 'non conditional sets' in there arbitrarily.

At a basic level the community deserves to have a clear listing of what will work- no need to do anything but supply that one list of what will work or further complicate it....to do so is rather costly to the players when the test is not made completely clear from jump.

I don't think I get the confusion. The initial post called out only sets that would be working during the test. Was it missing some sets, sure. But if the set wasn't on that list, why would you create it. Nothing from that initial list was removed from the list. And all of the sets in Gina's post were asked about by players in the thread, even though they were told only the ones in the first post would be active. Why would you craft sets that were mentioned by other players and not in the list from the very first post of this thread?

Because if you read the whole thread it continues to clarify and then change those clarifications when asked including pointing out several sets were not listed originally that would be working and then listing non conditional monster sets that would NOT be working. I am glad you saw no issues with that---but I am not the only one I am sure who is wondering why the original message was so unclear to begin with or why the original 'list' was altered every few posts including monster sets and jewelry later on----

Outside of two sets, the only thing the other posts do is confirm that sets that are not on the initial list won't work. If it isn't in the initial list then don't make it. There's nothing in this entire thread that should lead you to believe otherwise. And the sets they left off they immediately added to the initial list. Nothing on that list has been taken away.

And since this is a proc set test, of course jewelry traits would be unaffected, they aren't set bonuses. So there is no need to put that on a list of sets that can be used.
  • LtClungeX
    LtClungeX
    ✭✭✭
    Bone pirate isnt a proc or percentage based set Why's this not allowed?
  • LtClungeX
    LtClungeX
    ✭✭✭
    Can we also ban imperial as it has cost reduction? what about nords ulti gen or orcs health return on hitting etc?
  • LtClungeX
    LtClungeX
    ✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    What about vicious death outside of pvp the sets 5 piece bonus is useless?

It's a test
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LtClungeX wrote: »
    Can we also ban imperial as it has cost reduction? what about nords ulti gen or orcs health return on hitting etc?

Bone pirate has a condition if needing to run specific food to work.

Orc, Nord and Imperial skills/passives are not set bonuses.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Outside of two sets, the only thing the other posts do is confirm that sets that are not on the initial list won't work. If it isn't in the initial list then don't make it. There's nothing in this entire thread that should lead you to believe otherwise. And the sets they left off they immediately added to the initial list. Nothing on that list has been taken away.

And since this is a proc set test, of course jewelry traits would be unaffected, they aren't set bonuses. So there is no need to put that on a list of sets that can be used.

What are you talking about? Multiple sets were put on the list after it was listed and then parameter changes from "What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    Any bonuses that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items
    ." changed to 'ok, not condition sets ONLY...a couple of stat sets and monsters wont work- that are not condition sets" including conditions the of the jewelry. If you dont understand how changing what you said from one thing to 'some, but not all' then tossing out a couple of random non conditions that wont be working contradicting the above original quote, not sure how to help you with that....seems likely you dont see the difference at all in the two statements or conflicting statements later on.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

What are you talking about? Multiple sets were put on the list after it was listed and then parameter changes from "What happens to the sets not on the list that are affected by the test?
    ." changed to 'ok, not condition sets ONLY...a couple of stat sets and monsters wont work- that are not condition sets" including conditions the of the jewelry. If you dont understand how changing what you said from one thing to 'some, but not all' then tossing out a couple of random non conditions that wont be working contradicting the above original quote, not sure how to help you with that....seems likely you dont see the difference at all in the two statements or conflicting statements later on.

2-4 piece if sets were always going to work since they never have conditional procs associated with them. It was always the 5th piece that would be disabled.

Jewelry always would work. Because jewelry traits are not set pieces.

Monster sets were never going to work because they are all proc based. Same with arena weapons.

As I said, the list posted in the first post here is the final list. Not a single set on that list has been removed. A few have been added to it due to a mistake. But that list is the full list of 5 piece sets that will work.

What you are asking for, namely a list of sets that will work, already exists. There is no need to muddle it with a bunch of stuff that won't work. And there is no need to list evert set in the game that has a 2-4 piece that will work, because that is every set.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

2-4 piece if sets were always going to work since they never have conditional procs associated with them. It was always the 5th piece that would be disabled.

Monster sets were never going to work because they are all proc based. Same with arena weapons.

As I said, the list posted in the first post here is the final list. Not a single set on that list has been removed. A few have been added to it due to a mistake. But that list is the full list of 5 piece sets that will work.

What you are asking for, namely a list of sets that will work, already exists. There is no need to muddle it with a bunch of stuff that won't work. And there is no need to list evert set in the game that has a 2-4 piece that will work, because that is every set.

Let me be a clear as I possibly cant to you on this.....I wrote a specific comment to someone else that does not require you to respond to me. I am sure you think you are doing something here that is helpful, but in reality what my request has to do with you is absolutely nothing.....nothing at all required from you. I could sit and debate you but since that is not one time but twice you ignored the exact details I listed as problematic - this is clearly not working for you and I. I therefore break up with the random guy I never spoke to and now wants all my attention. Its not you....its me......you are great, its a 'me' problem.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the sets that will be affected are weird. War Maiden? Swamp Raider? Makes me wonder if sets like this couldn't be better optimized in the future to act more like, e.g. Hundings.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for this helpful clarification, and for the ongoing transparency around these tests. This addresses my questions in their entirety and I appreciate the clarity.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    Some of the sets that will be affected are weird. War Maiden? Swamp Raider? Makes me wonder if sets like this couldn't be better optimized in the future to act more like, e.g. Hundings.

If the results of the test is indeed improved performance (or whatever metric ZOS is measuring), then I wouldn’t be too surprised to see either a reworking of the sets or even a reworking of how the calculations are made.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the sets that work are nailed down, no funny business; and some questions in the thread detailed; I'm excited to test. My one concern though is bumping this against the next update. All the CP changes are going to be confusing enough, but to also follow 3 weeks of testing? A lot of consecutive changes pressed together.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noszet wrote: »
    What about Torugs Pact? Will wepaon enchantments be disabled?

no, but they wont get boosted.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Let me be a clear as I possibly cant to you on this.....I wrote a specific comment to someone else that does not require you to respond to me. I am sure you think you are doing something here that is helpful, but in reality what my request has to do with you is absolutely nothing.....nothing at all required from you. I could sit and debate you but since that is not one time but twice you ignored the exact details I listed as problematic - this is clearly not working for you and I. I therefore break up with the random guy I never spoke to and now wants all my attention. Its not you....its me......you are great, its a 'me' problem.

What a strange response lol. It really was never so hard to understand that sets which only give RAW STATS are the only sets that will work... they simply missed a few sets off the original list. Idk why people keep bringing up “what about this and this and this” chudan and slimecraw both apply something that isn’t a raw stat... war maiden applies stats to only specific abilities so probably requires checks on cast... every other set mentioned is something other than raw stats. It was never hard to understand. The only unclear thing was new moon acolyte but that has been cleared up now.

And it was even said in the original stream that you can still equip any set and their bonuses will still apply, only their ‘proc’ will be disabled. That never had to be cleared up because they said it to begin with.

You’re also posting on a public forum. If u don’t wanna talk to everyone then maybe write a dm :)
    Edited by NotTaylorSwift on February 10, 2021 6:00AM
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    dvonpm wrote: »
    There are a a few sets that have an unconditional stat bonus in addition to the proc stuff on item 5.

I was hoping just the procs would be disabled. Seems not? The whole set is inactivated?

For example Sentry, WD in #5 is not conditional (as far as I can tell from the tooltip):

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 266 Weapon Damage. When you begin to crouch, gain Stealth Detection for 10 seconds. This effect can only be activated every 30 seconds.

No, it checks if you go into stealth. A proc is any ANY set that requires you to "Do 'X' for 'Y' to activate." or "What is your/enemy's 'X'? Ok, here's your 'Y' "

No ifs, ands, or buts. They're seeing if no procs reduce the lag significantly. No calculations might mean better ping, and more skilled PvP'ers instead of cheese clowns hopping around with 2 healers and farming 1 stupid dps chasing them at a time for AP.

caperb wrote: »
    I also would like to make a request to ZOS. Can you please please please make an exception for VD?

No! They're doing a science experiment. The control will be: "Use these d*** sets we allow for this time period or get rekt. We're collecting unaltered data to potentially fix the root-cause problem (finally)."
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double-AP in this test would be great, as extra motivation to participate and get the servers full to get the most stress on the server possible. :smiley:
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds really great! Personally speaking, my builds never relied on proc-sets but I hope it will only be limited to those that apply damage or healing. There are sets like Bright-throat boast that increase sustain and resources that shouldn't be touched (similar to Amberplasm, but not on the list). I also wonder what will happen to all those damage/healing proc-sets if this change will eventually go through, for 90% of them are garbage in PVE, and we don't really want to end up with more useless sets. Also, I wonder if this will be applied to monster helms too? What about duels and BGs? So many questions!! But it feels like it's moving in the right direction - the old days of max resources and high sustain!
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

@ZOS_GinaBruno iam not trying to cause probs but why is mighty chudan on the list when it has no proc element attached to it, its a flat base item, which is ment to be unaffected

Just guessing, but similar to why Rattlecage isn’t going to work. All of the sets that provide Major/Minor buffs still involve a condition at some point that increases the server calculations

then why is fortified brass and imprenganable armour which has extra critial resistances on the list of allowed gear, also which monster helms is allowed since not a single one is on the list
    Edited by alainjbrennanb16_ESO on February 10, 2021 8:31AM
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious that Willow's Path won't work either. Percent-based buffs seem to be calculated entirely differently, my guess would be because they continuously have to check "hey, what's your stat? I will give you x% on top!" instead of a simple stat increase à la "here, take this".

If those checks and calculations end up being a problem indeed, I suppose they could be changed, even though that would be a massive change to the game - percent-based buffs would have to become non-dynamic and just be calculated when you apply / equip them. I believe Morrowind did it like that, which resulted in some hilarious cheesing ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Inspiral808
    Inspiral808
    ✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

@ZOS_GinaBruno iam not trying to cause probs but why is mighty chudan on the list when it has no proc element attached to it, its a flat base item, which is ment to be unaffected

Just guessing, but similar to why Rattlecage isn’t going to work. All of the sets that provide Major/Minor buffs still involve a condition at some point that increases the server calculations

then why is fortified brass and imprenganable armour which has extra critial resistances on the list of allowed gear, also which monster helms is allowed since not a single one is on the list

Because Fortified Brass and Impregnable have flat stat increases, and are not considered a named buff. I don't think any monster helms are going to work, other than the 1 piece bonus.
    Edited by Inspiral808 on February 10, 2021 9:06AM
  • swobeasb16_ESO
    swobeasb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Heyo gang!

When this test begins on February 15, we will also be reverting a prior test where abilities cast on allies were restricted to group targets only. This adjustment gave no appreciable gains towards performance improvements, so this restriction will be removed until further notice and abilities which target/can be triggered by players outside of your group will once again function as they do outside of Cyrodiil.

We look forward to your feedback and seeing the effects of this test!

Not true for me for sure ! I definately felt a difference after this change. So pls leave heals etc for groupmembers only :smiley:
  • Saenic
    Saenic
    ✭✭✭
    Not true for me for sure ! I definately felt a difference after this change. So pls leave heals etc for groupmembers only :smiley:
    Definitely not. This helped Ball groups and hindered random players which were spread around and usually not in group.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No War Maiden? What is the proc on that set?

I imagine the set has to check every time you use a skill if the damage is magic damage.

There are a whole lot of sets that buff one particular damage type that were NOT in the list of approved ones.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who know if the antiquities are affected?
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No War Maiden? What is the proc on that set?

I imagine the set has to check every time you use a skill if the damage is magic damage.

There are a whole lot of sets that buff one particular damage type that were NOT in the list of approved ones.

which is strange as there is some on the allowed list which buff spell pen and others
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will 1 pcs monster set work (example: only shoulder form one set and helmet from the other ?)

I mean they should, but it is better to ask in advance...

Gina's post above says Yes.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Eternal Vigor
    • Footman’s Fortune
    • Hawk Eye
    • Mighty Chudan
    • New Moon Acolyte
    • Slimecraw
    • Twice-Born Star
    • War Maiden
    • Willow’s Path
    • Arena Weapons
    • Mythic Items

Because Fortified Brass and Impregnable have flat stat increases, and are not considered a named buff. I don't think any monster helms are going to work, other than the 1 piece bonus.

i understand that but chudan has flat state buffs
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It still has a question that needs answering before it knows what to do.
  • Terry_Arquett
    Terry_Arquett
    ✭✭✭
    I think that very soon we will fight in underwear with bare hands)
    But what is all this for ..
    I see only 4 sets here that are somehow suitable in pvp(((
    Necronomicon
This discussion has been closed.