The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: We will be activating double AP during this upcoming test. To be clear, the only actions/activities that will result in double AP are capturing and defending Keeps, resources, and outposts, and killing/healing other player characters.

I assume that means PvP quests such as Battlefront or Bounty Board quests won't give double AP?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me waiting for those juicy 100k+ d-tics that were common during last year's AoE tests

e6QtEMg.gif
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 10, 2021 8:58PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: We will be activating double AP during this upcoming test. To be clear, the only actions/activities that will result in double AP are capturing and defending Keeps, resources, and outposts, and killing/healing other player characters.

Thank you for making this happen! :blush:
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

I assume that means PvP quests such as Battlefront or Bounty Board quests won't give double AP?

Correct.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok then, Challenge Accepted ! :D
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still might not be enough for people to think it's worth redoing all their builds for pvp.
    Just a question of whether they decide to go in with the half-working sets, or just skip it entirely until the testing is done.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why is twice born not on the list?

is that a proc set? :D
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently so since its making a check to see whether you can have both mundus up.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Apparently so since its making a check to see whether you can have both mundus up.

Unless all players are checked for 2 mundus stones anyway.
  • dcmgti
    dcmgti
    ✭✭✭
    I still feel like population will be low for this test, even with double AP. I know some players will have these sets stowed away in a coffer but I think most will not. Not to mention the prices on these sets are already going up at a quick rate, the amount of transmutes you'll have to spend even if you have the sets collected and the amount of time you'll have to spend farming dungeons only to rely on rng.

Looks like IC will be a busy place again.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    prof_doom wrote: »
    Still might not be enough for people to think it's worth redoing all their builds for pvp.
    Just a question of whether they decide to go in with the half-working sets, or just skip it entirely until the testing is done.

Most pvp players already have most of those sets and personally I think the no proc test will draw more people in that stopped playing because of the proc sets so I think the population should be fine. Not to mention some people just can’t resist double ap events.

My biggest concern is what kind of message if any will they have in game to alert people and will it have the set list. Many people aren’t on the forums and it would suck for them if they sit through an hour que to find out none of their sets work.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    and if cyro is empty, they will count it as a lagfree success :D
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

please let us have Gold instead of AP.
    we need atleast 2 million Gold to buy / farm / Gold out new sets.
    including Jewelry.

and no, thats not a joke.
    Golding out entire new sets like this costs alot of Gold.
    please help us.

Edited by Gilvoth on February 10, 2021 9:59PM
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    ...please let us have Gold instead of AP....

Hello Matt Firor, former designer / exec producer of DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot). Remember when you added gold drops from killing players in PvP? It wasn't much, but everyone loved it. It was enough to stay stocked on consumables and upgrading armor. It was a great help to people that refused to do PvE regularly.

You should do that.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this just PC or all platform test?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Beardimus wrote: »

This test will be on PC only.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Please confirm that Troll King 1 piece set bonus "adds 4% healing done" will or will not work.

edit: It seems like it shouldn't work but hope springs eternal
    Edited by Beaverton on February 11, 2021 12:27AM
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LtClungeX wrote: »
    Bone pirate isnt a proc or percentage based set Why's this not allowed?

It still has a question that needs answering before it knows what to do.

If its gotta check the server every second to see if I have a drink buff active a monkey coded it.

The original developers were NOT good at data structures, I would guess.

https://www.dbms2.com/2014/04/16/the-worst-database-developers-in-the-world/
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHORT SUMMARY of NEW PVP TEST (15 Feb - 8 March)
    Edited to enable clear-speak.

On February 15th, we will be disabling Item Set bonuses outside of pure stat gains in PC Cyrodiil.
    This means any item set which has a proc, or condition which is driven by an ability, will have that ability disabled.

This includes Item Sets like Seducer, as that set reduces Magicka cost abilities by 10%. That reduction of cost is done via an ability, which has to check anytime you cast an ability if it’s cost should be reduced.

The full list of Sets which are not affected by this test:
    Amber Plasm
    Armor of the Trainee
    Beekeeper’s Gear
    Crafty Alfiq
    Draugr Hulk
    Endurance
    Fortified Brass
    Grace of the Ancients
    Hunding’s Rage
    Impregnable Armor
    Law of Julianos
    Leviathan
    Mother’s Sorrow
    Plague Doctor
    Spinner’s Garments
    Spriggan’s Thorns
    Willpower
    Agility

Updates:
    - We are planning for this test to run for at least 3 weeks
    - Jewelry traits will not be affected during this test.
    - Any sets that are just stats will work, and you can still equip the items. This includes one-piece Monster sets.
    - You may wear proc sets but you will only get the 2, 3 and 4 piece set bonuses from eg. NMA
    - You will get double AP will be active for capturing and defending keeps, resources, and outposts, and killing/healing other player characters.
    - PvP quests such as Bounty Board quests won't give double AP
    - Players will be able to cast abilities on allies and will not be restricted to group targets only. Abilities which target/can be triggered by players outside of your group will once again function as they do outside of Cyrodiil.
    Edited by marius_buys on February 11, 2021 1:54AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

This test will be on PC only.

@ZOS_GinaBruno thank you (and the team) for keeping up the communication with this, its appreciated :)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 11, 2021 3:32AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Damd
    Damd
    ✭✭
    I'm very excited for this test. Three weeks of skill based play sounds awesome.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Snip]. I think we have seen from that last several events that adding more servers and having more instances to enter eliminates most of the lag.

Hopefully this will never be implemented in BGs. Instead of constantly nerfing stuff in a ridiculous effort to make everything 'balanced' across trials, dungeons, BGs, cyro etc, they should just create separate ways to play. For instance, if too many people are using 'Dead Water' in Trial don't nerf it into oblivion, just make it not useable in trials.

And why cant they have separate BGs for deathmatch only, BGs/cyro for no proc sets, or with any sets, just allow different options/instances so people can play the way they want with other who want to play that way.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 11, 2021 1:45PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great time to play in Imperial City and Battlegrounds!

ZOS isn't going to remove proc sets, which are some of the biggest selling points of new content. So, I guess if you don't already have millions upon millions saved up and actually need the AP...... enjoy!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be a lot easier to capture keeps with unrepaired doors and walls, clever strategy!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit of a let down that these tests doesn't apply to battlegrounds and Imperial City, but I guess we can't have it all :(
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Would you be able to confirm whether stats like 4% healing done will work? Healers would like to know :)

Thank you
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭
    Can we extend those test at least till summer chapter release and also to IC and BGs?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Would you be able to confirm whether stats like 4% healing done will work? Healers would like to know :)

Thank you

Healer's Habit (constant Minor Mending (+8%) and +5% to healing done) isn't on the approved list. Neither are Senche Raht's Grit or Naga Shaman (+4% to healing done), so I'd say that's a no.

OTOH, they did say 1pc monster sets like Rkugamz, Troll King, and Earthgore (+4% to healing done) would work, so who really knows?

Edited by Jaraal on February 11, 2021 11:22AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized something. Just look at the list of non-proc (non condition check) sets, and how short it is. Almost all of those sets are base-game sets, dating back to 2014 - 2015. Newest one I think is Crafty Alfiq, but even this set is almost 2 years old.

So pretty much all sets, added every year - were all proc sets (or at least sets with condition check).

So what if... what if, the down-hill performance, primarily in pvp, but also in other parts of the game are a result of more players (globally) using proc sets ? I mean all of those additional checks, that server has to perform, multiplied by the amount of players in EVERY part of the game (pvp, pve, overland, trials) at the same time...

Makes sense to me, I would not be surprised if this was the case.

So... Stamina Amber Plasm next update ? :wink:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 11, 2021 11:36AM
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Thank you

Healer's Habit (constant Minor Mending (+8%) and +5% to healing done) isn't on the approved list. Neither are Senche Raht's Grit or Naga Shaman (+4% to healing done), so I'd say that's a no.

OTOH, they did say 1pc monster sets like Rkugamz, Troll King, and Earthgore (+4% to healing done) would work, so who really knows?

No, they said 1 piece monster sets with flat stats... armor, pen, mag/stam/health/wpn-sp dmg will work... not % one pieces
This discussion has been closed.