The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New furnishings from the Sovngarde Crates

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all, the new Crown Crate season added 3 furnishings yet again. So I'm making this post in case you're looking for some information about them, so you can make an informed decision about whether or not you want to get them. :smile: Hope it helps!

- Alkosh's Hourglass, Replica (Legendary rarity, 100 gems): The hourglass is very large, but beautifully made and not low-rez (like some large furniture sometimes are). I hope you can see its size compared to the Grand Psijic Villa's door and compared to two other statues. It's a Traditional Furnishing, with some sand animation. Also added an image of the bottom (and the top since they are identical).
k88x4i93oojb.png
lwq2ytxddhge.png

- Celestial Nimbus (Legendary rarity, 100 gems): This is a magical area of effect, but it still counts as a Traditional Furnishing! (Not sure of it's intended or not; I would have expected it to be a Special Furnishing). It's the largest visual fx furniture we got, you can see its boundaries compared to the main hall ceiling in the Grand Psijic Villa (it really puts to shame the fog or shadowtendrils fx furniture we got before, it's far larger than anything else). I also included an image so you can see what the inside of the Nimbus looks like, if you place it in a way where you walk through it.
6kvnkl41a7si.png
1u4drmz3irvk.png

- The Mage's Staff Painting, Gold (Epic rarity, 40 gems): Fairly straightforward, it's a Painting (though not sure why it's called Gold when it's not). For size, it's a lot smaller than the Blackreach painting we got in the previous Crown Crate season, and smaller than other paintings too which you can see as comparison in the screenshot.
ghltrxwy4yrr.png

I hope this helps you decide whether the items would suit your envisioned build or not. I wouldn't recommend getting the Painting at all for example, there are much better ones obtainable ingame. And the Hourglass and Nimbus will probably depend on where you intend to use them, but be aware that they are quite large (using the nimbus in only one room of a house would be tricky for example, as it's quite extensive in all dimensions).

Do you have any other observations, an opinion? Do you have any favourites, and are you planning on using any of them? :smile: Anyway, have a nice day, and enjoy decorating!
Edited by bluebird on September 27, 2020 2:59AM