The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What have you done to weaving?

• Invisible22
    Invisible22
    Soul Shriven
    I can see a 1-2 sec light attack delay whenever i cast degeneration.If i keep my rotation the same without casting degeneration at all it feels just a tiny bit clunkier...for me at least it only happens whenever i cast degen.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to clear up, weaving is still in the game but it feels horrible like playing with 800+ ping as you have to wait for the light attack to hit the target before your skill fires. This makes the game feel extremely clunky.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I just made two full parses and yes, there is definitely something odd.
    About 1 in 3 LA#s are not going off, but that's not all. Sometimes, it feels like the queue is completely jammed and I can not do another LA unless the skill animation is finished. The funny thing is, that the overall dps does not seem to be any worse than pre patch.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaving works the same but the animations are skipping frames and it looks terrible. If anyone regularly has a very high ping (like players from australia), the animations will skip around a bit, and it's kind of similar to that. It looks really bad but doesn't have any impact on gameplay itself.

I spent a good amount of time on PTS and didn't notice this issue so maybe they changed something? I don't see why this change has to apply to light attacks tbh, this should be reverted since animation cancelling makes it seem like your animations either aren't working, or you're lagging.

edit: seems it's more obvious with different abilities. force pulse is especially bad, as is ricochet skull.
    Edited by ecru on November 2, 2020 7:16PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s like the reverse Midas’ Touch, anything they “adjust” goes to hell
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a 3 month break, hoping that this patch would make me enjoy again with new theorycrafting. But once again it is worse then before with this weaving. So much hope for so many years while the game is just slowly downgrading... very sad.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Combat is completely broken for DPS

Light attack weaving will bug you the f-up. he'll stand and twitch around and bug out.
    Huge delay on attacks
    Ele drain isn't applying AT ALL

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Nice! I might actually play the game now if this is intended.

Have fun playing on your own

Pretty damn sure there have always been more posts and requests to "nerf" animation cancelling over the years, than there were to support it.

So... not really.

Pretty damn sure bad players want everything that kills them nerfed or removed so we shouldn’t be catering to these people.

Animation Canceling is a Bug, an exploit and if you rely an exploit to get kills then do you even have any actual skills?

well said
    i agree with you and so do many of us

Pretty damn sure there have always been more posts and requests to "nerf" animation cancelling over the years, than there were to support it.

So... not really.

Pretty damn sure bad players want everything that kills them nerfed or removed so we shouldn’t be catering to these people.

Animation Canceling is a Bug, an exploit and if you rely an exploit to get kills then do you even have any actual skills?

very true, i might begin to enjoy the game now as the developers intended.

right now eso is game glitch dependent and it has destroyed the game for many of us.
    if they are going to fix it like this then i and many others will be very happy and able to play and enjoy the game.
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

So... not really.

well said
    i agree with you and so do many of us

So... not really.

very true, i might begin to enjoy the game now as the developers intended.

right now eso is game glitch dependent and it has destroyed the game for many of us.
    if they are going to fix it like this then i and many others will be very happy and able to play and enjoy the game.

How does light attack weaving being removed help you enjoy the game? Either you weave or you don't. How does other players weaving affect you as a player? it doesn't.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Light, Medium, and Heavy Attacks now have a 700ms cooldown unique to their weapon configuration (Dual Wield, One Hand and Shield, etc.) rather than varying amounts between 500ms and 1 second. Cast times of Heavy Attacks have been increased or decreased to ensure their total Cast Time + Cooldown remains the same at this time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7004957/#Comment_7004957
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • tripp
    tripp
    ✭✭✭
    people who weren't weaving in the first place are happy that weaving was removed
    explain this logic
    because to me it looks like bowing to the lowest common denominator - it does NOTHING for them, but makes the game nigh unplayable for us
    big, green, buff, but surprisingly not the Hulk
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

It doesn’t seem to be intended, per the patch notes. They endorsed animation cancelling years ago and even put it in a loading screen tooltip. This is much more likely to be a launch day bug than a surprise reversal of that policy.

They actually endorsed animation cancelling because they couldnt fix it. Not because it was designed that way from the start.

I fully understand that. It in no way changes the fact that they did later endorse it, and fully, based on their decision to incorporate it into the loading screen tooltip. They certainly do not seem to be suggesting a secret desire to get rid of it somehow.

If they were to reverse course on this, I doubt they would spring it on us day 1 of a new DLC. They have even stated explicitly that these changes were not meant to have an impact on weaving.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've not removed weaving. It's specific skills, like Degeneration, that now add a delay that screws up rotation. This was noted two weeks ago on PTS and not even acknowledged.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaving is not removed, if you are ignoring animation and sound, you get exactly the same cast, all it is now is forcing your light attack animation to play fully, so essentially your skills animation are moved forward, but they are done much earlier than what you see on screen.

So now you can't actually see the skills you are casting if you are weaving correctly.

Remember when they canceled bash/block animations so we can actually see the skills? Lmao.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    All Light, Medium, and Heavy Attacks now have a 700ms cooldown unique to their weapon configuration (Dual Wield, One Hand and Shield, etc.) rather than varying amounts between 500ms and 1 second. Cast times of Heavy Attacks have been increased or decreased to ensure their total Cast Time + Cooldown remains the same at this time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7004957/#Comment_7004957

Something like the attack animations are now forced to play for 700ms I guess? Probably not intentional in the long run.
    PC NA
  • potato_boo
    potato_boo
    Soul Shriven

So... not really.

You can't seriously be saying game exploits don't require any skill...
    Like, ever seen a speedrunner?

Besides that, the weaving is what makes the combat in ESO different from other generic mmos, really.
    Whether it was originally intended or not, it's become a core gameplay mechanic.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn’t seem to be intended, per the patch notes. They endorsed animation cancelling years ago and even put it in a loading screen tooltip. This is much more likely to be a launch day bug than a surprise reversal of that policy.

They actually endorsed animation cancelling because they couldnt fix it. Not because it was designed that way from the start.
    It would be trivial to fix, just have LA share cool down with abilities.
    You could still block, bash and dodge cancel even bar swap, you can also cancel abilities with cast time or channel.
    I practiced block cancel sweep then cast BoL on my templar healer for crap moments.

However they have build so much around LA weave. including many sets. I have no issues with getting rid of LA weave if they buff skills to compensate.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not true. Are you saying the game just manifested itself without being designed? When ZOS said "animation cancelling wasn't intended", what they meant was they never intended that people would complain about it. This has been discussed a million times since the game launched.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOOD

Not good. Like others have said the light attacks still go through, you just don't see them since the animation for the previous skill takes precedence in what is displayed, even if it is the tail end of an animation.

What this means is that you are still going to get hit by stuff, but you are just not going to see it at all.

I was still able to hit my pre-patch DPS on the target dummy as long as I just went with my old rhythm and ignored what I was looking at.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, wanted to let you know this change is not intentional and it's being looked into. Thanks for the reports and information.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, wanted to let you know this change is not intentional and it's being looked into. Thanks for the reports and information.

Praise Tall Papa.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

Please do, my character can stand still and do nothing, but suddenly cast numerous skills and weapon swap and start over.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like any targeted skills with long animations are currently forcing the full animation to play before you can use the next skill if that helps. Degeneration is a really obvious one to check as it seems to have a very long animation.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Praise the eight!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now the people who hate animation canceling are willfully forgetting this post ever existed.
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 2, 2020 8:45PM
  • ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    I just did a parse and my DPS is exactly the same as it was yesterday. 88k on the trial dummy /w .92 light attacks per second. I'm not sure what folks are talking about. Light attack weaving is alive and well.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did a parse and my DPS is exactly the same as it was yesterday. 88k on the trial dummy /w .92 light attacks per second. I'm not sure what folks are talking about. Light attack weaving is alive and well.

It's only specific skills causing the issues so depending on your class and setup you may or may not see it. To see it in action really clearly, try Degeneration followed by something else with LA weaving.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So... not really.

Considering Zos has stated it is an official and legitimate part of the game six years ago and Zos has taken steps to encourage and reward light attack weaving it is completely false and inaccurate to characterize light attack weaving as a bug.

Zos has even stated they understand that the light attack weaving is part of what separates ESO from other games like it.
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that can't do a basic tech are glad that it's gone or nerfed. I genuinely can't understand this logic.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat just seems clunky and awful. Skills aren't firing, super delayed. It wasn't like this when I tested on the PTS. Every patch they make combat more crap. I feel like I am in Cyro everywhere now.

^yeah, exactly^ clunky af and skills are rng based, 'keep hitting it and it MIGHT go off...' :/