The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What have you done to weaving?

BohnT2
BohnT2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since the patch dropped you can no longer cancel light attacks, it's completely off and feels ridicouly broken.
Please fix this as fast as possible
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a chance to get on yet...
    What do you mean? You can't do a skill right after LA?
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I might actually play the game now if this is intended.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't had a chance to get on yet...
    What do you mean? You can't do a skill right after LA?

you have to wait for the light attack to fully finish before casting a skill
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn’t seem to be intended, per the patch notes. They endorsed animation cancelling years ago and even put it in a loading screen tooltip. This is much more likely to be a launch day bug than a surprise reversal of that policy.
    Edited by virtus753 on November 2, 2020 4:53PM
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked, it's still there. At least for me.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D

Are you saying that they preserved the ability to make snappy reactions to incoming attacks but dumped the ability to desync attacks from the server?

Heheh. 😆
    Xbox NA
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're using a bow you don't really have to wait for the animation. It's true that your character will freeze in place and stare at the enemy for a few awkward seconds, and the attacks will unleash in short bursts.
    You're still doing the same damage somehow. In fact, just close your eyes and shut off the sound and hit buttons to a metronome, then you'll be able to play with the same DPS as before. Or you can just turn it all off and find something else to do.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

It doesn’t seem to be intended, per the patch notes. They endorsed animation cancelling years ago and even put it in a loading screen tooltip. This is much more likely to be a launch day bug than a surprise reversal of that policy.

They actually endorsed animation cancelling because they couldnt fix it. Not because it was designed that way from the start.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have fun playing on your own
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like not a result of their changes but probably a form of lag or unintended bug that went through as on pts it's impossible to distinguish actually bugs from lag at times.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with the light weaving, it`s the rubberbanding that gets my blood boiling. Just as soon as I see my character move from a light attack I hit the skill and it works. :)
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

Pretty damn sure there have always been more posts and requests to "nerf" animation cancelling over the years, than there were to support it.

So... not really.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Pretty damn sure there have always been more posts and requests to "nerf" animation cancelling over the years, than there were to support it.

So... not really.

Okay, play with a dozen of clueless players then?
  • nqvarihs
    nqvarihs
    ✭✭✭

So... not really.

why would people make posts about the good or working parts of the game
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So... not really.

Pretty damn sure bad players want everything that kills them nerfed or removed so we shouldn’t be catering to these people.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So... not really.

Pretty damn sure bad players want everything that kills them nerfed or removed so we shouldn’t be catering to these people.

Hey don't point the finger at me, I'm one of you guys, I support animation cancelling. I'm just pointing out the reality lmao (which really does seem to hurt people's feelings) :confused:
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So... not really.

Makes sense. The players who like animation cancelling already had what they want, so there was no need to make posts over it. People only come to the forums to complain and only rarely to appreciate things they like.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just logged into the game, weaving seems to work just fine. Just a little slower and clunkier but perfectly doable.

A bit of practice is all we need honestly.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its true, if you start with light attacks, you can't directly use a skill, but inside a rotation it still works fine.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combat just seems clunky and awful. Skills aren't firing, super delayed. It wasn't like this when I tested on the PTS. Every patch they make combat more crap. I feel like I am in Cyro everywhere now.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So... not really.

Animation Canceling is a Bug, an exploit and if you rely an exploit to get kills then do you even have any actual skills?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So... not really.

Animation Canceling is a Bug, an exploit and if you rely an exploit to get kills then do you even have any actual skills?

😂😂😂 This made me laugh!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat just seems clunky and awful. Skills aren't firing, super delayed. It wasn't like this when I tested on the PTS. Every patch they make combat more crap. I feel like I am in Cyro everywhere now.

Agreed, just feels terrible. All combat feels like having ping spikes, while ping seems to be constant and low. This can’t be an intended change, must be server lag or an animation bug.
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    heh i thought we had more time before they gonna *** up animation canceling
    i guess we can expect next chapter they gonna remove it at all and then remove all the combat
    honestly *** this game im so done and fed up with this bs, playing on live feels like pts now everything so slow
    use degeneration and try other skill after you gonna get stuck up in animation for 1 sec
  • Batmanna
    Batmanna
    ✭✭✭
    Holy.... Light attack weaving is now way clunkier, and skills are not properly firing.
    What has been done?? Combat getting worse every patch, but this ninja change is as bad as it gets.
    ZOS give us combat back
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can we get some kind of comment if this is intended or not? The "clunkyness" is very noticeable when playing a ranged setup. Basically the animation of your skill doesn´t occur until the light attack lands on the enemy.

Please look into this as fix it, was working good last patch.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just logged into the game, weaving seems to work just fine. Just a little slower and clunkier but perfectly doable.

A bit of practice is all we need honestly.

LOL.

Coming 2021: "ESO - Just a little slower and clunkier but perfectly doable!"
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    I main bow/bow. It seems it is something with distance. I had almost no desync with the bow at melee range but at distance same issue people here are talking about. On my 2h/bow stamsorc it was not an issue at all. It is some sort of bug not a lag issue. I already did a bug report you all should as well. It seems to be staff and bow skills most people are having the main issues with so once again pretty sure it's more of a distance related issue with ranged skills.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

And more so they have created set, skills, and passives, that are rewarded with weaving basic attacks into skills.

Highly doubtful they would make ruin those things without notice and without testing. We know this due to the off-cycle PTS testing we did earlier in the year. Zos specifically stated with the test concerning basic attacks they recognize
    Combat in ESO is one of the things that truly separates our game from others like it. It’s action oriented, fast-paced, and gives you a lot of freedom over its various mechanics/interactions

That is how Zos phrased it for that testing of changes to light and heavy attacks. Besides, it is a very easy thing to learn to weave basic attacks with a little practice.

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOOD