The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What have you done to weaving?

• walidd24nrb18_ESO
    walidd24nrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just to follow up on this, we have a fix for this issue scheduled to go out with our next incremental patch, which is currently scheduled for November 16.

Great, so you can hotfix the Crown Store when it's not working, but not this huge issue. Weaving doesn't work and skills lag like hell... The audacity
  • Rykiln
    Rykiln
    Soul Shriven
    Well... I guess I'll be seeing you in 2 weeks then.
  • SeveN085
    SeveN085
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just to follow up on this, we have a fix for this issue scheduled to go out with our next incremental patch, which is currently scheduled for November 16.

So ranged classes will remain unplayable for another 2 weeks? Well *** done ZOS.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeveN085 wrote: »

So ranged classes will remain unplayable for another 2 weeks? Well *** done ZOS.

I'd rather take a maintenance for this to be fixed ASAP, and lose some hours than wait 2 weeks of major skill desynchs caused by this bug, and weird unavoidable LA animations. It's horrible to play with.
    Edited by Blackbird_V on November 6, 2020 3:20AM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me cancelling animations with light attacks is very clunky.
    Of course it is. Try doing it the other way around. Cancel the animation of the light attack by immediately using a skill afterwards. Then wait atleast 1 second before doing it again. LA weaving is simple, most people can't do it well because they misunderstand the concept.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    To me cancelling animations with light attacks is very clunky.
    Of course it is. Try doing it the other way around. Cancel the animation of the light attack by immediately using a skill afterwards. Then wait atleast 1 second before doing it again. LA weaving is simple, most people can't do it well because they misunderstand the concept.

I didn't actually notice, but you are right, he or she got it backwards, you cancel the animation of the light attack with a skill, not the contrary.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't hotfix this because of the need to fix it for stadia....
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for the update. I have 2 questions:

1. Would it be possible to test the fix on PTS next week? Maybe Nov 9?

2. Does the fix solve the issues with Entropy and Curse locking up animations? Or is it solely for ranged Light Attacks preventing skill casts during their travel time? I'm not sure if these issues are related, but both are making weaving painful.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What about console's? How long will we have to wait or will the fix be included in the release next week?
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait why so serious problems are being fixed in only two weeks? Literally people will drop the game because fights are horrible.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭

No, just NO. I can't stand 2 more weeks of this broken combact system. FIX it this week
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Great, so you can hotfix the Crown Store when it's not working, but not this huge issue. Weaving doesn't work and skills lag like hell... The audacity

Hotfixes tend to be server side. This issue has to be dealt with via a patch because it is in the client. All attacks are registering, just not displaying properly client side. The extended duration to deploy is due to stadia restrictions. As much as anyone, I will complain about zos general slowness, but this is a relatively quick turnaround and there's been plenty transparency for a change, so credit where due in this case. It's just unfortunate that we have to suffer for stadia, but that's the nature of the beast.
    Edited by mairwen85 on November 6, 2020 8:58AM
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next questions is will this issue be patched before consoles download markarth? Or can we expect to be light attacking like a wet noodle until the following dlc?
    Edited by gronoxvx on November 6, 2020 9:02AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuse me but what the actual.........

How is this stuff not worthy of a hotfix? You can adress the crown store, some random quests and the buffs from Vateshran carrying over outside of the instance, but you find it appropriate to wait to the 16th to fix a core function with combat? This can´t wait and needs to be fixed much much sooner. And I highly doubt that the means to fix this isn´t there to implement earlier.
    Edited by Qbiken on November 6, 2020 9:18AM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

How is this stuff not worthy of a hotfix? You can adress the crown store, some random quests and the buffs from Vateshran carrying over outside of the instance, but you find it appropriate to wait to the 16th to fix a core function with combat? This can´t wait and needs to be fixed much much sooner. And I highly doubt that the means to fix this isn´t there to implement earlier.

This right here.
    Their priorities are backwards.

You car can't drive, so we looked into it and decided optimize our website so you can pay us ahead of time. Please return with your stranded car in 14 days and we'll give it a look.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 6, 2020 3:57PM
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a new feature, they removing weaving from the game, its a bad concept to cancel a swing in middle to make an extra attacks... in an optic to reduce server stress :pensive:
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This right here.

You car can't drive, so we looked into it and decided optimize our website so you can pay us ahead of time. Please return with your stranded car in 14 days and we'll give it a look.

[snip]

Again, hotfixes are non-intrusive, so server side for the greater part. Client fixes (like this issue requires) have to be downloaded and applied. They have a fix, they are testing it, but there is a cool down period required by Stadia for patches--that's the problem here, not priorities. Quick wins will always be dealt with first to clear down the bug list and free up resources for major problems, but, and this has been stressed on numerous occasions, the crown store team is not the combat team. So no, it wasn't a matter of priority. I'm as frustrated as everyone else on this subject, but we can't ignore the basics. As far as the server is concerned, this bug doesn't exist, all attacks actually register, but what we're seeing in the client is not "true"; thus a client fix must be provided. Contractual obligations with Stadia force this period for review and approval or whatever other business reasons they have. The car analogy is nothing like the scenario at play here, just like when Rich tried the same wrt vMA weapons.

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 6, 2020 3:57PM
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    yep we reached the point when bugged combat in the game is not that important to be fixed right away
    all thanks to stadia
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3adpain wrote: »
    yep we reached the point when bugged combat in the game is not that important to be fixed right away
    all thanks to stadia

so paying customer is less important that stadia?
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to get it to work again faster is to stop playing and cancel eso+ until its fixed.

I literally won't touch eso until I can fight with proper animations and proper weaving again.

Just installed GW2 and will play that in the meantime.

If you are smart you find sth else to Play because they will not do anything unless the money flow stops.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to get it to work again faster is to stop playing and cancel eso+ until its fixed.

I literally won't touch eso until I can fight with proper animations and proper weaving again.

If you are smart you find sth else to Play because they will not do anything unless the money flow stops.

10 days to deploy this patch will still be the case for ESO, regardless of any other game you play, and cancelling ESO+ for 10 days is a bit silly, don't you think? The more pertinent (though equally unrealistic) response if you want to talk with your wallet is to cancel until a patch release is made that doesn't contain any bugs :lol:
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

This right here.

o.O are you okey in the head mate?

Again, hotfixes are non-intrusive, so server side for the greater part. Client fixes (like this issue requires) have to be downloaded and applied. They have a fix, they are testing it, but there is a cool down period required by Stadia for patches--that's the problem here, not priorities. Quick wins will always be dealt with first to clear down the bug list and free up resources for major problems, but, and this has been stressed on numerous occasions, the crown store team is not the combat team. So no, it wasn't a matter of priority. I'm as frustrated as everyone else on this subject, but we can't ignore the basics. As far as the server is concerned, this bug doesn't exist, all attacks actually register, but what we're seeing in the client is not "true"; thus a client fix must be provided. Contractual obligations with Stadia force this period for review and approval or whatever other business reasons they have. The car analogy is nothing like the scenario at play here, just like when Rich tried the same wrt vMA weapons.

Are you secretly on Zos payroll or do you do the work for free? lol

You can justify it from here till tomorrow their 5 year old game is broken from left to right and it has happened consistently for 5 years, only it's getting worse. It's embarassing.
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka is un-playable in PvP atm.

10 days is too long to wait for this to be patched.

Hard to describe the effect of this but you cant cast spells and LA it breaks the whole character animation and introduces massives desynch.

There is also an issue with the client not registering "input" at all, for example resistance buffs, HoTs and so on - when you spam the button you get into a strange loop were it queues up and casts several times and your are unable to even STOP casting or changing bars.

10 days..je I doubt I will last 10 days of this.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This right here.

o.O are you okey in the head mate?

Are you secretly on Zos payroll or do you do the work for free? lol

You can justify it from here till tomorrow their 5 year old game is broken from left to right and it has happened consistently for 5 years, only it's getting worse. It's embarassing.

No, :lol:, I'm just applying common sense instead of knee-jerk reaction. There are without a doubt things that ZOS could be doing better, and there have been many examples in the past where there should have been a quicker response, and ultimately many occasions where transparency is sorely missing. I'm not denying that, but in fairness, despite that, there are also times where situationally hands are tied--and communication this time round is much better than previous occasions (but I do wish they'd pick up on and fixed this when it was reported on PTS). I hope they keep it up, to be honest. So what I'm saying here is the anger is somewhat mis-directed. Stadia is "bad guy" in this scenario, :wink:

Edited by mairwen85 on November 6, 2020 11:36AM
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭

10 days to deploy this patch will still be the case for ESO, regardless of any other game you play, and cancelling ESO+ for 10 days is a bit silly, don't you think? The more pertinent (though equally unrealistic) response if you want to talk with your wallet is to cancel until a patch release is made that doesn't contain any bugs :lol:

Its not silly at all. If suddenly the games Population would be reduced by 20-30% and sub numbers go down I am sure they will have a lot of pressure to deal with.

It is the only way to actively do something and to show them that they can't afford to screw up every single time new content gets released.

I mean they broke Combat?! Combat!

What the hell are you supposed to do in a MMO without working combat If you are not a casual roleplayer?
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭

Priorities, huh?

Stick to your priorities, I'm going to go play a game that's not broken until this is resolved.

Unsubbed from ESO+ until the issue is fixed. I'm not paying for a broken game, no way in hell.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno sure be nice if someone could clarify what all this is going to mean for console. Are we going to have this issue when Update 28 goes live? Then going to have to wait a few weeks for it to be fixed, even though you know it's an issue and it should be fixed before pushing Update 28 to consoles at all?

Or does ZOS only care about the money console brings in and gameplay, like quality of life, is completely ignored?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it helps anyone, I’d highly recommend dropping your destruction staff front bar and replacing it with either Restoration or dual swords, since both have instant Light Attacks. It just means replacing Force Pulse with Ele Weapon or a vampire/class spammable.

Can’t really do this on back bar since skills like Wall, Ele Drain and Elemental Rage are important, but at least 75-80% of LA’s will work.

Also remove Curse/Prey and Entropy/Degen from your rotation until they are fixed. Expect a few k DPS loss until then.
  • elerave
    elerave
    Soul Shriven
    please make the weaving as it was before the patch....my mana plar lost 7 k dps with ur fix on 3kk skeleton...it`s not ok .
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't look at my mag Sorc anymore when playing it. If I look at it, it throws me off, and I can't break 90k. I'm playing it off of memory of my rotation instead of visually. The damage goes through, it just doesn't look like it and feels super laggy. Can't wait for this to be fixed.