Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ANTIQUITIES LEADS + LEAD LOCATIONS UBER-THREAD

• Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    I have over 30 echoes of aldmeris, so definitely not locked.

How did you manage that? A fellow guildmember took *3 weeks* of daily chest farming before he even got his first one - yesterday.

I farmed for two weeks (incl. delves and dungeon) until finally getting a second lead... >.>
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a list purely for leads found in group dungeons or able to be customised to show them together?

I've looked at the link of the OP but the spreadsheet isn't loading atm so I don't know if it is what I'm looking for or not?

It would handy to have the list of dungeons that leads can come from, so then I can look at the daily undaunted pledges to see if there's a relevant dungeon there or not & pug group farm it with my healer for the lead if I need/want it.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    @daemondamian I believe the spreadsheet was moved to this website:

https://ninja614.com/eso-antiquities-leads-and-sources/

Off the top of my head, the only dungeon leads I have gone looking for are Nest of Shadows from Arx Corinium and Meridian Sconce from Depths of Malatar. There might be others -- particularly non-furnishing leads, as I pretty much only pay attention to the furnishing ones.

Thanks. I have the Display Leads addon & was able to use it to group together leads from GDs & just wrote them down on paper to refer to.

I'm assuming it's a complete list:

Blackheart Haven: Torc lead
    Crypt of Hearts: Bloodlord E lead
    Darkshade Caverns (2 or 1 or both?): Ebon DW lead
    Depths of Malatar: Furnishing lead
    Direfrost Keep: Snow T lead
    Spindleclutch 1: Bloodlord E lead
    Volenfell: Ebon DW lead
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Both. Each dungeon has its own lead, so you have to run both to get the wolf.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Both. Each dungeon has its own lead, so you have to run both to get the wolf.

Thanks for that clarification - much appreciated!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Off the top of my head, the only dungeon leads I have gone looking for are Nest of Shadows from Arx Corinium and Meridian Sconce from Depths of Malatar. There might be others -- particularly non-furnishing leads, as I pretty much only pay attention to the furnishing ones.

Thanks. I have the Display Leads addon & was able to use it to group together leads from GDs & just wrote them down on paper to refer to.

Add Elden Hollow 1 for part of the Ring Of The Wild Hunt.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me ? Did I run run into a hard limit (25) per scry/excavation per zone ? (I mean the items you get to scry for "free" without having to loot a lead first).

That's.. silly ? How am I supposed to level up all my chars in antiquities with such a limit ? especially considering that dropped leads are mostly purple or gold...

Have I missed something ?

All right forget it, false positive here, looks like there's no limit, my bad.

(to my discharge, as explanation and excuse, when you've already scried for a digging site - but not yet digged - the game tells you that you've "reached the limit - hence my misinterpretation of things).

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 2, 2020 11:14PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing this on the main chart, apologies if I missed it.

Lead for carved whale totem (scryable in Eastmarch) just dropped from a Mammoth in Greenshade.

Also I've been seeing potentially purchasable "map" leads from wandering merchants.
    Edited by newtinmpls on August 3, 2020 1:54AM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I'm not seeing this on the main chart, apologies if I missed it.

Lead for carved whale totem (scryable in Eastmarch) just dropped from a Mammoth in Greenshade.

Also I've been seeing potentially purchasable "map" leads from wandering merchants.

The whale totem, tusks of the orc father and the rune carved mammoth skull can drop from any mammoth, anywhere.

The maps can be purchased if you have the "adventurer" or "explorer"achievement in that zone. I don't remember which is the correct name. You have to find all the zone locations.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The maps can be purchased if you have the "adventurer" or "explorer"achievement in that zone. I don't remember which is the correct name. You have to find all the zone locations.

For some reason I was thinking they could only be purchased at Inns. I was happy to find you can get them at wandering merchants too.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the lead for the Ashen Infernace Gate from a dreugh in Fungal Grotto 1.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find the guidance (in the otherwise excellent ninja614 page) to grind Artaeum to finish off leveling skill misguided. It is far better to just grind purple and gold leads since you will need to get those after you hit max level anyway. Might as well do those when the XP will actually matter instead of wasting time in Artaeum. If you want Wild Hunt, grind the leads you need for that. Grind lockboxes. Grind chests. Grind fishing. There is no need to obsess with maxing the skill lines immediately if your max level leads aren't about to expire and there are < mythic level leads you still need to find.

This isn't like gear. It might make sense to not do zone quests in Deshaan, for example, until you are CP160, since there are quests there that will give valuable quest gear. It could make sense to grind to CP160 before getting those rewards. With leads, it doesn't make much sense to grind low XP leads when after you grind them, you are going to grind a bunch of high XP leads and completely waste that XP.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Thank,. I will add it.

Thanks, wasn't listed under findable leads in the add-on as I'd already found it.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question about the Moth Priest Cleansing Bowl. It says it has visual effects. Is that just the small water ripple is there supposed to be something else and it's not working right, like the broken sword on the stone stand (forgot the name of it)?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the moon blessed cerimonial pool from a back pack in the Forsaken Citadel.
    So it does not just drop from the Moonlit cove

The stained glass window is still dropping from N Elsweyr dragons.
    I got my 6th lead for it yesterday
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question about the Moth Priest Cleansing Bowl. It says it has visual effects. Is that just the small water ripple is there supposed to be something else and it's not working right, like the broken sword on the stone stand (forgot the name of it)?

They have ignored multiple requests for clarification on the interactive portion of the Sorcerer-King's Blade, so either it's broken and they don't know how to / don't want to fix it, or there's some secret way to activate it that they don't want to reveal.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Got the moon blessed cerimonial pool from a back pack in the Forsaken Citadel.
    So it does not just drop from the Moonlit cove

The stained glass window is still dropping from N Elsweyr dragons.
    I got my 6th lead for it yesterday

I've been trying to get a second one (lead for the stained glass window) ever since antiquities was implemented into the game. No luck whatsoever...
    Edited by Ravensilver on September 5, 2020 11:27PM
  • SmokingAce22
    My girlfriend @Cymbelyne found this the other day in cyrodil "The Heartland" https://ibb.co/XD1S6RX
    Edited by SmokingAce22 on September 6, 2020 6:47AM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to report a BUG in the Mythic Leads Table:

As with all other leads to be found in Undaunted Dungeons,
    the Thirsting Girdle lead in Crypt of Hearts I
    can only be found with the LAST BOSS of the dungeon:

The Illambris Twins,
    named Ilambris-Zaven & Ilambris-Athor.

However, the table erroneously speaks of an "Illabris Athro"
    which can be confused with the 3rd boss of the dungeon,
    the Death’s Leviathan Atronarch.

This comes probably from a spelling mistake
    where the final boss name Athor has been twisted into Athro.

Edited by BalticBlues on September 17, 2020 10:25AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP of this thread has some worthy information to help players newer to the antiquities during the event.

@Saucy_Jack may even get a little saucier and add any new information they have to the OP.

Get Saucy. I mean if you see him in PvP, get him.
    Edited by idk on September 24, 2020 1:08AM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Get Saucy. I mean if you see him in PvP, get him.

nuuuuuuuuuuu
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What am I going to have to do to get the Ring of the Pale Order?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    What am I going to have to do to get the Ring of the Pale Order?

Play on the test server.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna add to this thread instead of starting a new one.
    Has anyone figured out any "tips" on farming leads?
    Is there any way to maximise drops like being solo or in a group or is it purely just good ole fashioned RnG grinding?
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Never farm a boss twice in a row. There is a cd for any loot. So you will just be wasting your time (and others) with no results. Do it once, if no lead - go around enough for 2/3 respawns - come back .
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »
    Never farm a boss twice in a row. There is a cd for any loot. So you will just be wasting your time (and others) with no results. Do it once, if no lead - go around enough for 2/3 respawns - come back .

Actually this is incorrect. There is a cooldown for stuff like recipes and furniture plans dropping from containers, seems to be two in quick succession but loot and leads from bosses keep dropping one after another. I have litterally just been farming the mount lead in stonefalls and have so many silk sun and shalk waists and boots.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Erissime wrote: »

Actually this is incorrect. There is a cooldown for stuff like recipes and furniture plans dropping from containers, seems to be two in quick succession but loot and leads from bosses keep dropping one after another. I have litterally just been farming the mount lead in stonefalls and have so many silk sun and shalk waists and boots.

Are you talking about WB or delve bosses? Because delve bosses have a timeout they implemented in the first month post-launch. It was normal back then to just camp delve bosses for loot. It was a favorite for bots.