Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 27 - Feedback Thread for Existing Item Sets

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for existing item sets. For feedback on the new item sets, please visit this thread. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance and changes.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 13, 2020 4:05AM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • job_man
    job_man
    ✭✭✭
    Medusa should be a Light Armor set for it to be viable.

Thrassian's should be Medium Armor, it makes more sense as Stam wants to go 7 Medium while Mag wants to go 5/1/1.

Remove Scathing Mage's proc chance.
    Edited by job_man on July 14, 2020 9:15PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Bahraha's Curse already has a 25% proc chance on live. Maybe there's a typo in the PTS notes?
    • Was Flanking Strategist forgotten? If the 5 piece bonus remains at 400 it can't really compete with other sets.
    • The increased duration for Seventh Legion is nice, but why did the cooldown raise to 15 seconds as well? Why is there even a cooldown? It should just refresh the buff when you cast your armor.
    • Can you please remove the proc chance from Maw of the Infernal? The 33% chance on a light/heavy attack is in a weird spot. Sometimes it takes 8 or 9 light attacks before the proc occurs.
    • Even with an update to 600 spell damage to Restoration staff skills, will anyone actually use Light Speaker?
    • The added stamina recovery on Way of the Air is nice, but is there any thought to increasing the detection range of the 4 piece bonus?
    • How many players would opt to use Stygian (369 Spell Damage for 15 seconds out of stealth) over New Moon Acolyte?
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on July 13, 2020 8:02PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    job_man wrote: »
    Medusa should be a Light Armor set for it to be viable.

I was just looking at and deconning that set yesterday... and thinking that exact same thing.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venemous Smite is too strong...still..

PC EU
    PvP only
  • GrumpyKlam
    GrumpyKlam
    ✭✭✭
    Redesign Thrassian Stranglers: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/537145/redesign-thrassian-stranglers#latest
    1. Reduced the Spell Damage granted per stack to 50, down from 150 (92)
    2. Keep the penalties per stack to 2 %
    3. This set now also grants Weapon Damage
    4. This set will assume the armor type of which you have the most. (IE: if you have 6 med and slot Thrassian, it will be considered as a medium armor)
    5. When you deal a critical strike, you gain a stack (up to 20). The stacks drop after 5 seconds if you don't hit a critical strike or sneak.
    PC (NA) - Wretched Abyss
    All dungeons achievements done
    Immortal Redeemer (4x)
    Tick-Tock Tormentor (3x)
    Gryphon Heart (2x)
    Godslayer (2x)
    Dawnbringer (2x)
    Unchained (4x)
  • Ventru7
    Ventru7
    can anyone on pts check powerful assault set change? patch notes were kinda vague about how many people it effects.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you perfected False god items to look like vicious ophidian ones?

There is absolutely no sense of removing bonus from new items and reason been what 4-5 year old base game set???

There were few otheres "briliant ideas" you have come up with too but too bored and tired of even to comment about them.
  • QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    this update seems divine to be honest but 2 tips here for better set changes

ill test these some time soon but for now ill give my direct opinion and what i already experienced whit them before this update

keep the non perfected falsegods devotion 5th piece bonus spell damage BUT for the perfected version, instead of having that grant the spell damage and no bonus magicka, keep it like its now but make it so that the magicka it adds is only 536 or something instead of 1082 (i think it was 1082) this way falsegods devotion is what it was ment to be, a magicka equivilant to the vicious ophidian set
    infact cut up the 5th piece perfected bonuses of all the sets, this way its a reward to those who push but it still meets the balancing
    also id be a good idea to add perfected versions of all the trial armors from craglorn too
    this way you dont have to bring this ridicilous changes to sets like the perfected falsegods devotion and its normal mode equivilant, yes i also say this becouse vicious ophidian is obtainable in normal mode, so why let mages suffer like this hmmm :joy: i mean, not alot of players have access to the perfected content since those trials are already hard, the current plans for those sets seem to punish one for playing normal mode and vet mode, its just not worth the time :/

second opinion, thrassian stranglers: dont change it., keep the weapon dmg bonus but make it so it only affects your highest stat, INCREASE the penalties by 1% so that it realy is a power tradeoff, this way people who enjoy 1hitting enemies in the overland can still do so but dungeon runners will have to be very carefull lest they wana be 1 hitted by enemies, this adds the sklls needed to handle such accursed threasures yet still keeps the fun in it and the worth in grinding these stranglers

for now ill leave it at this
    but seriously, drop the falsegods devotion nerfs that are currently announced, they will only serve to chase away those who ground them for hours, they will only feel horrible, all those hours gone in 1 download

but hey the update is fresh, much more changes will come soon :), i think/hope theyll be reversed at the end of the month or watever haha

hmm that reminds me to ask, is it possible for players to pay a lot of money and have a personalized armor set w 4 effects added? id save up every last cent i have to make such a dream come true hahahaha XD, meh its just a sily idea hihi but ohh im allowed to dream hihihihi ^w^

time to look at the future whit hope and lots of optimism!
    keep up the good work
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the changes to
    Overwhelming Surge:
    Increased the damage per tick of this set to 1114, up from 1040.
    Removed the proc chance from this set.
    Increased the cooldown to 7 seconds, up from 6.
    and to
    War Maiden: This set now grants 600 Spell Damage to your Magic attacks, up from 400.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some initial thoughts/things that need testing:

Afflicted/Way of the Fire/Venomous Serpent:

These mark the return of undodgable direct damage proc sets that can be reliably timed, like in 1T and Morrowind, and could potentially overperform in a similar way, especially in no CP. Nightblade benefits here because you can stack a ton of damage multipliers in a single combo. Malacath + Incap + Minor Berserk + Minor Vuln = 61% more proc damage, unmitigaed by crit resist. It can all be reliably delivered everytime an ulti is ready.

Plague Slinger: This is already strong on live. Five 5k procs in a row is a ton of pressure. Halving the cooldown might be a little much.

Window Maker: That's a 4k dot. Ouch. It does have more counterplay than plague slinger or venomous smite, but still, almost twice the DPS of most dot proc sets.

Essence Thief:

This was already arguably the strongest stamina dueling set. It's extremely stat dense for it's uptime. It didn't really need a buff.
    Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on July 13, 2020 6:58PM
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Window Maker: That's a 4k dot. Ouch. It does have more counterplay than plague slinger or venomous smite, but still, almost twice the DPS of most dot proc sets.

I used to run Viper/Widow back in the day, but it still doesn't proc at range and it's pretty easy to avoid. I'm glad they are finally doing something with it, though.

PLEASE buff Flanking Strategist to be higher than your new standard for War Maiden, Automaton, Sword-Singer, etc.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand way of thinking when it comes to Shacklebreaker / Draugr Hulk / Crafty Alfiq changes.

Shacklebreaker:
    Increased the Stamina and Magicka this set grants to 2065, up from 2000.

Draugr Hulk:
    Reduced the Stamina of this set to 2550, down from 2560.

Crafty Alfiq:
    Reduced the Magicka granted by this set to 2550, down from 2560

Shacklebreaker got buffed, but 2 other sets that are focused on only one stat got nerfed.

I know it is a "tiny bit", but those sets are mathematically significantly weaker already (on live server), as they don't provide buff to both stat. Also, other parts of bonuses (2 pcs, 3 pcs, 4 pcs) focus on one type stat.

Shacklebreaker however gives both (weapon & spell damage ; stamina & magicka recovery). I don't understand why you are widening the gap... Shouldn't it be the other way around ?

I will skip the fact that those sets each come from different source (crafted / overland / dungeon), but mathematically... something is way off...
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Why was Storm Master changed to not work with Overload while Undaunted Unweaver/Infiltrator (potentially) still do? I trust not because they need to be activated since they already have additional damage attached to them over SM's as most conditional sets tend to work.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the damage on Varens Legacy still magic damage and is the damage still not buffed by any other modifier?

Also, those buffs to Black Rose and Torugs doe. Wonder what a weapon damage enchant by Torugs now is going to be.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the reason for Silks of the Sun (and Ysgramor's/Netch's I believe) to keep the 400 SPD instead of buffing it like the others?
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I don't know is it the case on live but Plague Slinger "sees" enemies through cloak, I'm not sure should it or not but with this cooldown it has around 90% of uptime making fighting someone using this set totally unbalanced. This set deals 1,5k each second against someone with 30k resistances...
    2. Pilar of nirn - this set same as the one above deals 1,5k damage per second to someone with 30k resistances

For maximum chees backbar Pilar of nirn, frontbar Unleashed/Plague Slinger, Use Malacath Band Of Brutality and e.g. Velidreth. Now all you need to to do is to attack your enemy once per 10s, and you can kite around.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Why are you perfected False god items to look like vicious ophidian ones?

There is absolutely no sense of removing bonus from new items and reason been what 4-5 year old base game set???

There were few otheres "briliant ideas" you have come up with too but too bored and tired of even to comment about them.

Also, getting perfected FG is considerably more difficult than getting VO. Faceroll AA/SO/HRC vs. vet SS? Why even bother running vet at this point for many sets?

Just add a perfected VO and keep perf FG the same, problem solved.
  • xBananaFish
    i killed some mobs on random maps with stranglers. but there isnt any effect. no stacks, no more mag dmg
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're experiencing an issue with not seeing a speed bonus from the Ring of the Wild Hunt unequip it and re-equip it.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Automaton got omitted unlike its magicka counterpart War Maiden which got adjusted.

Ysgramor's Birthright, Silks of the Sun and Netch's Touch got omitted unlike their stamina counterpart Swamp Raider which got buffed.

Such an excelent example of standardization (sarcasm).
  • ItMustBeThursday
    ItMustBeThursday
    ✭✭✭
    Thrassian Stranglers- Are now a very hard to farm decoration for your bank. 30 seconds?!??! The requirement for a killing blow is tricky enough in big groups so you can't really use it in trials. But now if you have a boss that doesn't spawn trash you're suddenly down thousands of spell damage?

What in the world is the point if making this item at all if this is the change you're going to implement.

The only people willing to use it will be farming skyreach.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton got omitted unlike its magicka counterpart War Maiden which got adjusted.

Ysgramor's Birthright, Silks of the Sun and Netch's Touch got omitted unlike their stamina counterpart Swamp Raider which got buffed.

Such an excelent example of standardization (sarcasm).

Problem with those sets is that dmg types aren't standardised either. For example a magdk can go full flame dmg, but there is no full lighting or frost or poison build with similar power so with equal stats Sun will always be the most powerful one of those "elemental dmg" sets. There are builds that can be only physical dmg but not magic dmg only because there is no weapon that deals magic dmg aside from resto staff, which is utterly useless as offensive weapon. And so on ...

Their choice which sets to buff and which don't still does not make much sense, but this is something to keep in mind.
  • ungama
    ungama
    Hello,
    when I saw some changes, I thought well that it will be very interesting, then I saw the changes to the sets and thought what the hell is going on here again. Hircine and worm cult get reg. It was partially made so unusable, Olorime is so extremely nerfed that the healer has no freedom left.
    Siroria with its 10 stacks and the 540 max magic power, Siroria is simply a worse set than other sets that increase the magic power, it is still a trial set and there is hardly any reason to farm it.
    Relequen is and was one of the best sets so far.
    With a calculation of 10 seconds in which 20 stacks do 54,000 damage, it now only makes 36,900, so 17.1k damage is simply taken down wtf.
    Lokkestiiz only has a duration of 10 seconds, which sometimes makes it impossible to play, because there are many synergies in the raid, but you have to be able to absorb them first, unless someone else snaps them away beforehand.
    What is better for it, in which relation do Stamina DD's benefit from this patch? Many Magicka are made stronger by this chapter, but the changes are again a huge step back.
    New gear farms every 3 months, because the gear that has just been farmed is being regenerated, great action.
    Please rethink the set changes. It feels more and more uncomfortable from patch to patch. You see the changes and think, omg not again.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of the changes to Thrassians, but the 30 second timer is definitely the worst offender. Annoying forced stand still moment in a dungeon or trial? Stacks gone. Party member has to go let their dog out or use the bathroom? Stacks gone. Boss fight? Stacks gone. I understand that 3k free spell damage was probably in need of a nerf but the arbitrary timer is way too punishing (and wasn't the idea to force LESS calculations on the server?)
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    There are builds that can be only physical dmg but not magic dmg only because there is no weapon that deals magic dmg...

Almost all magblade skills are 'magic' damage. It doesn't matter if it doesn't buff your LA/HA. War Maiden will be BiS for magblades hands down. People were doing War Maiden & Caluurion already. Those both got buffs, and now works with Malacath, so get ready for that ***.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    There are builds that can be only physical dmg but not magic dmg only because there is no weapon that deals magic dmg...

Almost all magblade skills are 'magic' damage. It doesn't matter if it doesn't buff your LA/HA. War Maiden will be BiS for magblades hands down. People were doing War Maiden & Caluurion already. Those both got buffs, and now works with Malacath, so get ready for that ***.

Don't underestimate the impact of light attacks. Ofc if you just slap on some carry procs, it won't really matter, but still.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going to be the biggest proc set meta ever.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing Assassin's Guile and Innate Axiom gave me some degree of hope that more crafted sets with 2-4 bonuses geared toward stam and mag specs would be changed to mirror New Moon Acolyte but apparently that came up short with the likes Shacklebearer, Mechanical Acuity, Daring Corsair, Sload's Semblance, possibly Twice Born Star and especially Pelinal's Aptitude.

In fact, I still believe making the latter's 5 piece bonus equalize both Weapon Damage and Spell Damage, as well as Magicka and Stamina makes sense, just because most damaging abilities (especially now after pets were changed accordingly) scale from all of these stats. That could simply allow the 4 piece bonus, after it and the 3 piece are merged, to offer something like Penetration (and preferably not Critical).
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medusa - Please make this into a Tzo Magica set.
  • Ventru7
    Ventru7
    Please reconsider the Roaring Opportunist set change. I understand that it should be more in line with War Machine/Master Architect sets and such but Roaring Opportunist actually needs a very specific setup to make it work, we can't just throw the set into any character and expect a good uptime unlike other sets that give Major Slayer with minimal effort. Also it is a set from the latest trial so it should have an edge over other older sets. There are not many people doing kyne's aegis and since no buffs to the healer and tank set and a big nerf to roaring set it will be even less people running and farming sets there.
    Edited by Ventru7 on July 13, 2020 10:35PM