The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    Hello
    katorga wrote: »
    dark deal is the only sustain ability in the game with a cast time....it is out of date compared to the other classes abilities.
    And it's the only sustain ability in the game that gives you 8000HP and 3600 magicka or stamina instantly + 2400 stam or mag over 20 seconds. That's what makes it kinda unique tbh (good for class identity, isn't it ?^^).

Keep it that way, don't change this skill to a netch or a channeled/restoring focus copy, if I wanted these sort of skills I'd simply play those classes instead. It's not an easy skill to use especially as a tank (you have to anticipate when to use it and be careful when using it (cancel it if heavy attack in coming for ex)) but it's really rewarding. Although I agree they should adjust the animation of the skill to match its cast time.

I'd like if they take a look at some of the sorc's passives which are really clunky.
    Edited by Shaiba on October 6, 2019 6:36PM
    I play all Healers in endgame content but my main is my Khajiit Nightblade.
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
    PC EU Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaiba wrote: »
    Hello
    katorga wrote: »
    dark deal is the only sustain ability in the game with a cast time....it is out of date compared to the other classes abilities.
    And it's the only sustain ability in the game that gives you 8000HP and 3600 magicka or stamina instantly + 2400 stam or mag over 20 seconds. That's what makes it kinda unique tbh (good for class identity, isn't it ?^^).

Keep it that way, don't change this skill to a netch or a channeled/restoring focus copy, if I wanted these sort of skills I'd simply play those classes instead. It's not an easy skill to use especially as a tank (you have to anticipate when to use it and be careful when using it (cancel it if heavy attack in coming for ex)) but it's really rewarding. Although I agree they should adjust the animation of the skill to match its cast time.

I'd like if they take a look at some of the sorc's passives which are really clunky.

You can't use it mid fight like a proper skill, if you do that, you die in pvp atleast. You have to lea e or run away to be a le to use or you get punished so hard for using it. Why do I need to get punished for using my sustain skill? As you have said if zos take a look at sorcs pasaives and adjusted some for sustain better maybe I don't have to rely on a skill the kills me 30% of the time.
    Options
  • CreepyPahuska
    CreepyPahuska
    ✭✭✭
    You can't use it mid fight like a proper skill, if you do that, you die in pvp atleast.
    You can, actually. If you die from using Dark Deal, it simply means you chose the wrong moment to cast it. As Shaiba said, you have to anticipate.If you wait till you badly need ressources, it's already too late.
    To be honnest, I've been using this for years, mostly in PvE as a tank but also in PvP, and every single time I died from it, it was my fault for timing it poorly and not canceling it. You can't get better if you blame the game for your own mistake. When people will start to admit that, we'll actually be able to have a discussion about more important problems, like passives for example.

Besides, for DDs, I think that it's much better to have sustain coming from a passive skill rather than an active one that takes space in your bars, especially for those who play with pets.

Finally, if you think they are going to give sorcerers an instant skill that returns a burst of health and stam/mag + ressources over time, you guys are fooling yourself. We already have crit surge, a shield that has made every non-magsorc pvp player cry since Beta... a skill like this would be totally OP, I can already hear the cries for nerf everywhere on the forum.
    If the cast time gets removed from this skill it's going to be nerfed to the ground and standardised to become a stupid ressources over time skill that you cast and forget for 20 seconds, taking away all the uniqueness this skill has right now

Creepy Pahuska
    Magicka Sorcerer Tank
    Daggerfall Covenant
    My Build - OUTDATED
    My Channel
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos, hello? Where is my class spammable? Where is my hurricane dmg buff? Air atronach? Hello?
    Options
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CreepyPahuska that's not true. With high enough pressure you cannot afford to use it even after break-free. In addition, unlike Netch or Channeled Focus it is not a passive part of your "rotation" but instead you have to sacrifice a global cooldown just to get some sustain whereas the aforementioned for example grant you the sustain while buffing your offense or your defense. The opportunity cost is far higher on a sorc but the skills return does not reflect that properly. Sure, everybody uses it but that's b/c (1) it is necessary due to the horrible sustain in PvP due to ability cost being balanced around PvE where you don't have to spam expensive defensive abilties AND (2) it is the best thing we got, doesn't mean it is a good as similar abilities.

@ZOS Rune Cage and defensive Rune are still useless. Please make them viable again. Standardize them and take away range is needs be. A viable stun at medium range is still better than a useless stun with a long range!
    Options
  • Ellyhan
    Ellyhan
    ✭✭✭
    Zos, hello? Where is my class spammable? Where is my hurricane dmg buff? Air atronach? Hello?

Agree. I hope we don't have to wait to get the class recast for get it...
    J'ai pas de coéquipiers, c'est juste mon garde manger.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Changes look good. Very good. For mag.
    Unsure how much the difference between pet and non-pet in PvE will be exactly, but it first glance it looks rather balanced.
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shaiba wrote: »

Agreed, I like playing with it on my sorc tank. Get good mana regen + Dark deal at right times and you essentially have burst Stamina at your own call. The only thing I do feel like gets me personally is when I hit it and try to swap back to hit an ability on the same button, but get locked into that bar and recast. Clunky but my own fault.

There are some passives and even skills that need more rework to feel better I agree. Stuff like Tormentor is IMO an unfun skill as reverse executes are less interesting to use.
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least when it comes to these recent patches, I generally think that "less is more" (especially when "more" typically means "more nerfs"), so these notes are alright in my book.

Very glad they haven't been touching Dark Magic, as I like the good parts (Frags, Mines, Exploitation, Unholy) of that tree a lot (even if Encase, Rune, Dark Deal, Absorption Field are lackluster).

REALLY wish they spent less time fiddling over the mechanics of Streak (seriously, it's like 70% of every patch for Sorcs).

There is nothing really here for a PvE MagSorc except the slight Liquid Lightning buff (or moderation of its prior nerf). Along these lines, really wish they would have reverted the cost nerf, as that is going to be straight murderous on sustain to cast.

StamSorcs are still going to be pwnd in the patch, with across-the-board nerfs to their Weapon Skills. Still no spammable or stamina morphs for like 2/3 of the abilities and no stamina class ultimate, which is just total WTF.

Even with all of that, the biggest problem seems like it's going to be sustain. They should consider changing the Unholy Knowledge passive to from like 6 -> 12% off of our highest resource, EITHER Stamina or Magicka (rather than both). That would go some way toward mitigating the Breton/False God's meta that we're currently pigeon-holed into.

It would also be nice if they used some of these obsolete passives (aka like half the passives in Dark Magic and Daedric Summoning) to maybe buff Direct Damage (in counterpoint to how Necros/DKs are the DoT classes) or further buff Lightning damage such that a MagSorc would consider using a Lightning Staff over an Inferno Staff for DPS (aka class identify!).
    Options
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc still feels really bland and generic. Such a boring class.
    Edited by Canned_Apples on October 7, 2019 11:55PM
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc still feel really bland and generic. Such a boring class.

My first character was a stamSorc and I thought that's just the way that ESO was.

It wasn't until I rolled a MagSorc and a Warden that I was like "Oh, THIS is what an actual class feels like!"

It's insane that ZOS hasn't yet realized that Weapon/Guild skills should be abilities to fill in the gaps and supplement class skills (and, if your classes are well-designed, they shouldn't need much supplementing) NOT constitute the entirety of a class.
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I just hope that zos announce that stamina sorcerer is not a thing in this game, so I don't have to get my hope high and move on. Instead, zos is now throwing stam morph that are supposed to reflect stamina sorcerer identity but they are never been too far from it.

On a side not, since BoL is now only snare and range immunity, can you remove the penalty associated with it. I would like to use it on my stam sorc instead of shuffle, but it sames expensive to use for what it gives and does not last much. Only snare immunity for 2 secs and absorbrion orb that last 3 secs and you have to be in 5m radius of the ball for it to ansorb projectile. The stun removal well make *** closers even mire effective against it. Therefore, remove penalty or lower the cost?
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My first character was a stamSorc and I thought that's just the way that ESO was.

It wasn't until I rolled a MagSorc and a Warden that I was like "Oh, THIS is what an actual class feels like!"

It's insane that ZOS hasn't yet realized that Weapon/Guild skills should be abilities to fill in the gaps and supplement class skills (and, if your classes are well-designed, they shouldn't need much supplementing) NOT constitute the entirety of a class.

Why did you choose a stamsorc, though? What makes you look at the most obvious caster class and say "I wanna use a two-hander with that!"? Curious.
    Options
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Why did you choose a stamsorc, though? What makes you look at the most obvious caster class and say "I wanna use a two-hander with that!"? Curious.

Probably battlemage or spellsword type character. That was definitely my reason.
    Options
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some tests each week. I managed to reach 80k dps on my stamsorc on 5.2.3

I tried several rotations, and I got the best results with a Clannfear slotted. It's a very solid option. I really like Bound armaments. It makes the rotation way more engaging and satisfying in my opinion.

Overall very satisfied of the current state of the stamsorc.

Now please remove the translucent effect of hurricane xD

PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
    Options
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭

I wanted to be an airbender but i just got a pet and negative damage sporks............................feels bad man.
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I came from the mainline TES games and always like to play a Spellsword or like Arcane Barbarian.

Plus, I don't really like rogues (Nightblade or in ESO it's more like Nightblade x Witchhunter) and the other classes don't really fit neatly into the previously established TES class system. Templar is kind of like the old Crusader class (or Crusader x Healer) but IDK what a Dragonknight is or where they came from. Wardens are also cool but are more of an external RPG archetype than native to TES.

TLDR; I like sophisticated brutes.

Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, for an air bender, you're definitely in the wrong game!
    (^_^)'

Yep, I see the appeal of a spellsword. In fact, this is what I'm going for in the TES games, to varying degrees. I was actually looking for that in my early ESO days, too!
    In short: forget it. You're too late. Zenimax like to sell ESO under the mantra of "play how you want", but everyone learns relatively fast that this isn't true. We get healing and tanking skills on a dps-oriented class these days, but it'll never be as free as the TES games were. And that's fine with me, where multiplayer and competitiveness are involved, compromises are bound to happen.

The closest we've been to a spellsword was around Orsinium release about four years ago. Magsorcs used to run dual wield for the increased damage it provided. The skills we used were still standard ranged skills, with Trapping Webs being a spammable back then. Don't forget magical Dawnbreaker for a very powerful melee ult, too! But that spec vanished over time in favor of destro passives. A step up on the gameplay side, but at the loss of flair.
    Melee magblades performed well a while longer, but vanished shortly after Morrowind to destro passives. I guess they would be your closest thing to spellswords today, but I get why this isn't for everyone.
    I'd advise to let go of the classic idea of a spellsword, it'll only hold you back. Of course, if you must, for roleplay reasons or whatever, go ahead. But know that ZOS won't ever come close to TES' spellswords and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Options
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    Did some quick checks on the PTS with a StamSorc and... It is looking better. The change to Bound Armaments is a nice damaging skill with the unique twist that you can't recast it easily to refresh the duration. Initially I thought it would feel like a strange bow proc or slightly slower Sub-assault. But it doesn't.

As for the stamina pet... In my mind a stam sorc should be about using magic to augment their physical prowess, not summoning pets. I have always thought that the clanfear was a tank morph, not a dps morph. I don't want to try it out because I am scared it might be worth while and then my brutal killing machine, overflowing with arcane power, will have a puppy...
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did some quick checks on the PTS with a StamSorc and... It is looking better. The change to Bound Armaments is a nice damaging skill with the unique twist that you can't recast it easily to refresh the duration. Initially I thought it would feel like a strange bow proc or slightly slower Sub-assault. But it doesn't.

As for the stamina pet... In my mind a stam sorc should be about using magic to augment their physical prowess, not summoning pets. I have always thought that the clanfear was a tank morph, not a dps morph. I don't want to try it out because I am scared it might be worth while and then my brutal killing machine, overflowing with arcane power, will have a puppy...

I really don't care much for bound armaments or clannfear. Zos has not addressed main issues of the stamina sorcerer class. They did get the burst heal, but it is now attached to a freaking 2 slot pet. People will start using and and it will be nerfed and sorcerer tanks will be sckrewed again. I don't either care for how much dps numbers, i used to do that but not anymore, I now only care for how I feel when i play my favorite class abd i don't feel good about it now. While bound armament is a good change, and clannfear might be good, it is not what stam sorc need. This is just my humble opinion as stam sorcerer plaher for 4 years.
    Options
  • LexrayEmberrr
    LexrayEmberrr
    ✭✭✭
    Alright. So... this is gonna sound strange, but hear me out.

I tried Magicka Sorcerer with Bound Armaments on the PTS and was pleasantly surprised by the results.

A huge portion of a DPS spec's damage comes from light attacks when weaved properly, right, and Magicka Sorcerer is no exception. The thing is, Bound Aegis - the "Magicka Morph" of Bound Armour - passively gives 8% Max Magicka and some resistances, while Bound Armaments passively grants 8% Max Stamina and 10% Light Attack Damage. The active ability of both morphs is irrelevant for Magicka DPS, but the passive ability... Well, I got curious, combined it with Undaunted Infiltrator and Power Overload, and this was the result.

yae5lpp5ect1.png

izvdp0hk1ydp.png

Disclaimer: This was just a fun thought experiment to find synergy within the class as it stands in 5.2.3. By no means was I aiming to create an optimized parse here, or create the new meta PvE DPS spec. This was an unoptimized static rotation (I simply recasted blockade and curse on cooldown and filled the rest with spammables/frags/overload), unoptimized gear, unoptimized skill picks, just to test the difference between Aegis and Armaments. In my own unprofessional testing they gave very similar numbers, with Armaments being maybe, possibly, *slightly* better. Make of this what you will, Sorcerer mains.
    Edited by LexrayEmberrr on October 9, 2019 11:40PM
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some Question for the devs ( @ZOS_Gilliam , @ZOS_BrianWheeler ):
    • what is the point of heavy overload? - it does lowish damage for an ultimate especial considering that it is a channel and the area is really extreme small
    • any plans for cblast?
    • why should i slot a pet in pvp? it takes 2 bar slots, not really clever and has really limited control options, dies a lot especial open world and is not really made for big fights (anyone who says the pet does not die did not play with them open world and it is even worse if the pet has not a heal build in since you really can not keep it a live and the limited range of heals and shield + the 6 sec time and the permanent shield nerfs did not make it any better), cast time and you can quite often not even see when the pet died and get into a really long cast time instead of casting a heal
    • why would you give a aoe semi-heal-overtime (surge) that only triggers if you already heal someone to a class without any other real heals? I mean this skill only heals others if you already healing them and then is the question: do i really need then the heal? hots are there to counter either unpredictable burst but the whole point of this skill is now to heal if you already healing. It is just a really terrible design and makes it useless as utility skill if you are not already spect into healing in contrast to the other aoe-hot other classes have. And with the probability trigger is also has a lower healing output than the other skills unless the player has nothing specced into "damage" and is just a tank
    • any bug fixes coming for sorc? way too many skills are bugged
    • any plans for the mag morph of bound armor?
    • any plans for sorc mines?
    • why is encase the only root skill that does absolutely nothing if you can not root the enemy?

Bugs:
    • cfrag still has the double dodge window (once when fired and once before hit) - something is also sometimes off that you are forced to hard cast the skill (have not really found out what causes it or if i actually screwed it up)
    • fury also has the double dodge window
    • overload + force pulse makes force pulse invisible sometimes
    • curse animation is sometimes invisible
    • shields bugs: despise casting the shield does not go off also damage does calculate before the shield
    • boundless strom does not go off but you see the animation
    • overload: sometimes you can not cast any light attacks at all and only switching off overload fixes it, targeting is also sometimes off, (no ulti reg while overload active maybe intended but it is not written in the skill tooltip)
    • streak (3 freaking bugs): streak does not go off but you see the animation for it(especial often if someone is casting a cc on you), you can not streak but get invalid location, streak roots you in place
    • pets: if you re-summon the pet and really fast activate it's special skill, it will be be un-summoned and you will cast it again (happens more often in lag and is painful if you want to cast a emergency heal)
    • attro: does not go off, like all ground targeted skills it sometimes will not go off, it can fall trough the map
    • lighting splash: does not go off, like all ground targeted skills it sometimes will not go off
    Undo: does not work quite often
    weapons are on your feet instead of being in your hands

Edit: also for the sake of my sanity fix combat bug and change the rules so that i can change siege in combat and skills if i have not taken active part in the fight.
    Edited by Zer0oo on October 12, 2019 9:40AM
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Ellyhan
    Ellyhan
    ✭✭✭
    an other question : Why you don't give any spammable since years for the sorc' ? I don't understand what's wrong for sorc' to get a spammable ! For Stam I mean. Mago got it with staff..
    J'ai pas de coéquipiers, c'est juste mon garde manger.
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ellyhan wrote: »
    an other question : Why you don't give any spammable since years for the sorc' ? I don't understand what's wrong for sorc' to get a spammable ! For Stam I mean. Mago got it with staff..

To underline this I'd like to add that ZOS decided to nerf each and every weapon spammable skill.

Flurry got nerfed this patch, Dizzy as well. Both with the excuse that they exceed DoTs. Now dots are nerfed less but those two skills stay were they are.
    Low Slash and Puncture got gutted by 31% resp. 37% damage in U23.
    Hidden Blade dmg decreased by 25%, cost increased by 27% in U23.

Don't get me started about DoTs (Poison Injection etc.) and the situation about Ultimates (cast time, no physical dmg class alternatives).

But sure thing, I can use Silver Shards and Crushing Weapon, which both have their shortcommings in PvP. And funnily enough both are in the now-buyable guild lines *puts on tinfoil hat*

The issue is that stamsorcs heavily rely on those weapon skills. You're pulling the rug out from under our feets, ZOS.
    If you continue to make generic skills inferior to class skills stamsorcs are running into issues. And no, Energized won't even that out in the long run.

Bound Armaments proc is really appreciated now but that neither gives us a spam nor real delayed burst (like shalks, curse, PotL).

Also where is the mentioned Air Atronach? Is something planned to make overload more useful? The announcement of this patch felt like we're finally heared. But it turns out to be just another missed opportunity.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One quality of life request. The Ult overload is on the GCD, any chance it can be removed off the GCD so it’s more of a toggle? It’s easy to remove the effect, issue is moreso activating the ultimate.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    • what is the point of heavy overload? - it does lowish damage for an ultimate especial considering that it is a channel and the area is really extreme small
    • any plans for cblast?
    • why should i slot a pet in pvp? it takes 2 bar slots, not really clever and has really limited control options, dies a lot especial open world and is not really made for big fights (anyone who says the pet does not die did not play with them open world and it is even worse if the pet has not a heal build in since you really can not keep it a live and the limited range of heals and shield + the 6 sec time and the permanent shield nerfs did not make it any better), cast time and you can quite often not even see when the pet died and get into a really long cast time instead of casting a heal
    • why would you give a aoe semi-heal-overtime (surge) that only triggers if you already heal someone to a class without any other real heals? I mean this skill only heals others if you already healing them and then is the question: do i really need then the heal? hots are there to counter either unpredictable burst but the whole point of this skill is now to heal if you already healing. It is just a really terrible design and makes it useless as utility skill if you are not already spect into healing in contrast to the other aoe-hot other classes have. And with the probability trigger is also has a lower healing output than the other skills unless the player has nothing specced into "damage" and is just a tank
    • why is encase the only root skill that does absolutely nothing if you can not root the enemy?

Bugs:
    • cfrag still has the double dodge window (once when fired and once before hit) - something is also sometimes off that you are forced to hard cast the skill (have not really found out what causes it or if i actually screwed it up)
    • shields bugs: despise casting the shield does not go off also damage does calculate before the shield
    • overload: sometimes you can not cast any light attacks at all and only switching off overload fixes it, targeting is also sometimes off, (no ulti reg while overload active maybe intended but it is not written in the skill tooltip)
    • streak (3 freaking bugs): streak does not go off but you see the animation for it(especial often if someone is casting a cc on you), you can not streak but get invalid location, streak roots you in place
    • pets: if you re-summon the pet and really fast activate it's special skill, it will be be un-summoned and you will cast it again (happens more often in lag and is painful if you want to cast a emergency heal)
    • attro: does not go off, like all ground targeted skills it sometimes will not go off, it can fall trough the map
    • lighting splash: does not go off, like all ground targeted skills it sometimes will not go off

Edit: also for the sake of my sanity fix combat bug and change the rules so that i can change siege in combat and skills if i have not taken active part in the fight.

I just would like to comment on two points:

Overlaod heavy attack is strong especaily if you have off balance proc, you have put up a huge dmg. I would argue that overlaod light attack that need adjustments. It is clunky to use in rotations and plain to use. Why not just make your weapons sparky and what ever type you use it enhance it. For example, using 2h, just make 2h LA does overlaod dmg with the normal weaving of LA and melee range instead of 28 meters, same goes for other weapons. Also, overlaod should be used like other ultimates, sorcerer is the only class in game that has cheap ultimate and can't proc master archetect or war machine. Don't make it toggle if it is below certain point for example like 250 ultimate or just make it that it consumes the whole ultimate and depends on the amount collected, extend the duration instead of useage.

Another thing is power surge I think the skill is nice, problem is that is it only works on 6 people and cooldown 3 secs, too much. Reduce the cooldown or increase the number of people affected. Other problem us that the heal from the skill does not scale with magicka and stam, weapon or spll dmg, and part of the skill is giving 20% spell dmg. Did they not look at that? The spell dmg buff should be changed to something else like healing done or increased, does not have to be named of that is a problem and it can be inferoir to that mamed buffs as well. Either way, healing buff will benefit all healing sources like matriach that only scale with max magicka and things like mutegen better than the spell dmg increase by far. Last point is that the proc requires critical healing, why?

Other points you mentioned are totaly valid.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • any plans for cblast?

Bugs:

Overlaod heavy attack is strong especaily if you have off balance proc, you have put up a huge dmg. I would argue that overlaod light attack that need adjustments. It is clunky to use in rotations and plain to use. Why not just make your weapons sparky and what ever type you use it enhance it. For example, using 2h, just make 2h LA does overlaod dmg with the normal weaving of LA and melee range instead of 28 meters, same goes for other weapons. Also, overlaod should be used like other ultimates, sorcerer is the only class in game that has cheap ultimate and can't proc master archetect or war machine. Don't make it toggle if it is below certain point for example like 250 ultimate or just make it that it consumes the whole ultimate and depends on the amount collected, extend the duration instead of useage.

Another thing is power surge I think the skill is nice, problem is that is it only works on 6 people and cooldown 3 secs, too much. Reduce the cooldown or increase the number of people affected. Other problem us that the heal from the skill does not scale with magicka and stam, weapon or spll dmg, and part of the skill is giving 20% spell dmg. Did they not look at that? The spell dmg buff should be changed to something else like healing done or increased, does not have to be named of that is a problem and it can be inferoir to that mamed buffs as well. Either way, healing buff will benefit all healing sources like matriach that only scale with max magicka and things like mutegen better than the spell dmg increase by far. Last point is that the proc requires critical healing, why?

I really like the overload light attack from a pvp perspective. I know a lot of sorcs in pvp don’t know how to light attack weave so don’t use it, but if you know how it’s a good ultimate.

Only thing I don’t like is the GCD toggling it on, it’s a little delay for your burst.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 13, 2019 3:30PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    • any plans for cblast?

Bugs:

I really like the overload light attack from a pvp perspective. I know a lot of sorcs in pvp don’t know how to light attack weave so don’t use it, but if you know how it’s a good ultimate.

Only thing I don’t like is the GCD toggling it on, it’s a little delay for your burst.

If you think you can LA weave overload, you are the one who does not know what they are doing. Overload is tied to the GCD, so your "weave" isnt one.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    • any plans for cblast?

Bugs:

If you think you can LA weave overload, you are the one who does not know what they are doing. Overload is tied to the GCD, so your "weave" isnt one.

Only activating overload is on the GCD. Once it’s active each light and heavy attack consumes some ultimate until you don’t have enough ultimate, you toggle overload off, or bar swop if overload isn’t on your back bar.

I could make some cheeky comment about ‘see most sorcs don’t know how to LA weave’, but since overload is not popular I imagine most sorcs have no idea how it works and have never actually tried it.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 13, 2019 8:03PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Advo wrote: »
    Sustain being the issue this patch if the idea is for us to use Dark Exchange you need to remove the cast time and adjust so we can smoothly insert it into a rotation and doesn't feel clunky to use.

I strongly disagree with this. Dark Exchange isn't designed for DDs, and shouldn't be designed for DDs. I works perfectly fine for non-DD roles, and the cast time is the price we have to pay for such a huge burst of ressources. If you remove the cast time you have to nerf how much ressources and heal you gain, which would very negatively impact anyone who isn't a DD. Taking something from one role to give it to another isn't a proper way to balance stuff. If you want more sustain you should look at all the passives that are completely useless. Rebate, for example, looks like a passive designed for sustain, but since pet don't die, it's totally useless.

Please don't forget that all sorcerers aren't Damage Dealers

My pet(s) die all the time, I love Rebate.
    Options