The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

• Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Daedric Prey (morph): Reduced the bonus damage for pets to 20%, down from 40%

ANOTHER pet nerf, Daedric Prey it was just reduced from 55% to 40% in the Elsweyr & Update 22 patch and now you're reducing it 20% WTF. I've been playing this game since the first public beta in Jan 2014 and this will be without doubt the worst patch in the history of ESO.
    Edited by Mysticman on October 16, 2019 3:19PM
  • Ellyhan
    Ellyhan
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they nerf this, I don't see much sorc pet...
    J'ai pas de coéquipiers, c'est juste mon garde manger.
  • bol
    bol
    ✭✭✭
    It is clear why they nerf this. Magsorc was second last as pve dd for the last 6 months, so it is time it becomes dead last in the new one. Encounter logs show it all :)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bol wrote: »
    It is clear why they nerf this. Magsorc was second last as pve dd for the last 6 months, so it is time it becomes dead last in the new one. Encounter logs show it all :)

Lol. Esologs show magsorc is top magicka dps in last 2 weeks in SS:
    https://www.esologs.com/zone/statistics/12#metric=dps&dataset=75

And I bet even with nerf to pets magsorc will still be best or one of the best in next patch.

So if you have or had problems with dpsing as magsorc in last half-year... this is 100% L2P issue.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Esologs show magsorc is top magicka dps in last 2 weeks in SS:
    https://www.esologs.com/zone/statistics/12#metric=dps&dataset=75

And I bet even with nerf to pets magsorc will still be best or one of the best in next patch.

So if you have or had problems with dpsing as magsorc in last half-year... this is 100% L2P issue.

Non pet sorcs, pet sorc would be at the bottom. Did you see their skill? Only crystal fragments, curse and storm atro, rest is non class. Mag sorc is 1 step closer to be stam sorc in term of identity. Beside, nobody bother doing parses on other magicka classes beside templars and it's not lile it is a huge gap in between lik stam necromancer and stam sorc. Third week of pts, mag and st nightblades got buffed, I assume they are coming back and magblade possibly taking over magsorc.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    h875uz1ki0os.jpg
    Edited by universal_wrath on October 17, 2019 4:10AM
  • bol
    bol
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you looking at scores? If some magsorc gets carried by their group then they will achieve a big score yes. You do know that looking at Vet-HM SS you are only looking at really top-end groups that actually do that content right? In those groups most classes are not really represented with big enough number of parses to be able to draw anything from it.
    Change from HM to normal Vet. You will get a far better representation:

https://www.esologs.com/zone/statistics/12#metric=dps&dataset=95&difficulty=121&aggregate=amount

This is what you should be looking at for the majority of ppl.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you looking at scores? If some magsorc gets carried by their group then they will achieve a big score yes. You do know that looking at Vet-HM SS you are only looking at really top-end groups that actually do that content right? In those groups most classes are not really represented with big enough number of parses to be able to draw anything from it.

https://www.esologs.com/zone/statistics/12#metric=dps&dataset=95&difficulty=121&aggregate=amount

Why we should go for normal vet? Best players are in HM and ZOS balances PVE around them, not about random Joe. And even numbers doesn't matter that much in HM, what matters is number of parses. Anyway, I'm not telling magsorc is best in U23, it is clear that U23 is magplar's time. But I don't see how sorc is second last in any metric and in U22 magsorc was even better due to better class abilities... so your statement about "poor magsorcs" is not true. Just try playing magblade, magcro or magden in U22-U23 and you'll see what is really a weak class.

Some nerf to magsorc's passive damage was inevitable. Daedric prey has least impact on PVP, so it looks like right choice from dev's side. But they need to buff lightning flood, it is absurdly bad in comparison to other aoe abilities now.
  • bol
    bol
    ✭✭✭
    Only they have not nerfed passive damage, they nerfed active damage because you have to be able to keep the buff up which expires every 6s. What they should do is lower base pet damage and buff prey damage increase and tormentor buffs, so that it actually shows on your damage if you are doing it right.
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was the point of clannfear change? It's still underperforming for stamina dd and is irrelevant for tank.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »
    What was the point of clannfear change? It's still underperforming for stamina dd and is irrelevant for tank.

Some people asked for a stam pet. And because its largely irrelevant for a tank as far as its damage scaling go, it made sense to go with that for the stamsorcs that did want one. They were the only sorc spec without one.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I’m not familiar with ESO logs, how can I check to see if it includes pet damage?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Alliedrex
    Alliedrex
    ✭✭✭
    By default the logs will include the pet damage, clicking on an individual character from a combat analysis will show a break down of exactly how much damage is being done by what skill. However, the metric being looked at here is very poor on two counts. One, it's looking at score which has zero correlation with dps numbers. Secondly, dps values can range dramatically when using a trial as a benchmark, especially Sunspire. For example, iron atronachs are very susceptible to damage after fire phase allowing executes to way over inflate damage values this will be compounded by aoe executes, this damage will give a false impression of a class' actual combat potential. If you want a more comparable value of damage, target dummies are a better source of comparison between classes.
    Edited by Alliedrex on October 17, 2019 10:45PM
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why we should go for normal vet? Best players are in HM and ZOS balances PVE around them, not about random Joe. And even numbers doesn't matter that much in HM, what matters is number of parses. Anyway, I'm not telling magsorc is best in U23, it is clear that U23 is magplar's time. But I don't see how sorc is second last in any metric and in U22 magsorc was even better due to better class abilities... so your statement about "poor magsorcs" is not true. Just try playing magblade, magcro or magden in U22-U23 and you'll see what is really a weak class.

Some nerf to magsorc's passive damage was inevitable. Daedric prey has least impact on PVP, so it looks like right choice from dev's side. But they need to buff lightning flood, it is absurdly bad in comparison to other aoe abilities now.

You cannot come to the conclusion that magsorcs are top dps because high end game players on them get good numbers because lets face it they get good numbers on everything and class is irrelevant in that case. It is hardly a comparison of what the majority of magsorc players get in game and the people who load their scrores up on that website is a small portion of the community. It is still interesting that magsorc is second but I feel the Dot buff has something to do with that because before the Dot buff last patch they were pretty close to bottom as pet sorcs.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • bol
    bol
    ✭✭✭
    You can not make any reasonable conclusion when you have such disparity between data sets. Plus to mislead even further he has posted a link of the hardest content yet limited it to the bottom 75%. Raise the percentile to 95% for starter. Still it is difficult to draw conclusions since some classes are not very well represented in the data. You can not compare damage between 2 classes if you have 200 parses for one and 10 for the other. That is why it is better looking at the non-hm parses, much larger data sets so they should be more accurate as far as comparing between classes goes. The fact is, we don't really know what magcro or magden is truly capable in vet-hm sunspire, because no elite player has taken the time to run that spec in the trial.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can not make any reasonable conclusion when you have such disparity between data sets. Plus to mislead even further he has posted a link of the hardest content yet limited it to the bottom 75%. Raise the percentile to 95% for starter. Still it is difficult to draw conclusions since some classes are not very well represented in the data. You can not compare damage between 2 classes if you have 200 parses for one and 10 for the other. That is why it is better looking at the non-hm parses, much larger data sets so they should be more accurate as far as comparing between classes goes. The fact is, we don't really know what magcro or magden is truly capable in vet-hm sunspire, because no elite player has taken the time to run that spec in the trial.

Even if mag sorc was top noth, it does not change the fact that sorcerer class has many under used skills. Stam sorc appears to be second top on most dps parses while it only use 1-2 class skills in pve and 2-3 class skills in pvp. We need skills overhaul instead of some cheap rip off skills from other classes or buffs to already usefull skills.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a sorc theorycrafting thread? Where do people go to discuss sorc stuff?

Anyways, bound armaments (or whatever the new sorc light attack building ability is called) works with Symbiosis. I don’t know if there’s a way to take advantage of that with CPs, but in no-CP it might open up some cool hybrid specs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sustain issues from ridiculous cost increases just suck the enjoyment right out of combat.