The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Sorcerer. Please read through all the changes in the patch notes and try them out on the PTS before providing feedback in this thread. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Winstonshead
    Winstonshead
    ✭✭✭
    Why patch note is not full?
    EU: Winstonshead
    MD-ESO [RU]
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why say that the active affect for the stamina morph of bound armour is bad, change it to a new all singing all dancing version of merciless resolve, yet then leave the identical 'bad' magicka morph intact?

Why when the patch was meant to reinforce class identity are there no meaningful changes to a MagSorc DPS? Nerfs to damage and cost increases hardly reinforce class identity!?

Edited by Flaminir on September 16, 2019 10:09PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claanfear (sorc pet) need stam cost when we want to activate it instead magicka, its hard to sustain with soul trap and surge (if its needed)
    In general doesnt fit well where it supposed to be for stamina but cost is magicka.

And stamsorc still need more stam morphs... like stamina atronach, deadric prey stamina, crystal fargment stam... duude
    Edited by DarkPicture on September 17, 2019 12:03AM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to stomach yet even more nerfs to Pet Sorc. @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler you guys are killing it alright.
    PC-NA
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    long with updating 3-piece item sets, you’ll find we’ve made several improvements to Wardens, Sorcerers, and Dragonknights in the realm of identity,

What? Sorry, adding major sorcery to the base morph of surge and scaling the clann fear to max stamina is not somehow helping sorc identity. Still no spammable, the execute is extremely weak, pets still scale only off max mag which makes them synergise very poorly with literally every other dps skill in the game.

Familiar got nerfed again, twilight enrage is still completely worthless, sorc lightning damage is still over shadowed by inferno staff passives.

The only thing going for sorc this patch is that with the dot's being nerfed the twilight dps looks comparatively better.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More then 1.5 cost increase on scamp and damage decrease too? Seriously zos? Do you hire lunatics for your combat team now?
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a stam scaling damage ult for sorc.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • ZRT
    ZRT
    ✭✭✭
    The new streak is terrible. From testing on the pts I could streak through someone at further distance and they would not be stunned. even at halfway through your streak you need to be within a foot of them for it to work. The only way to effectively use the skill to stun is for them to be within a couple feet of you when you streak. I would rather take my chances with the current streak bug then use this absolutely butchered version. Ball of light was meant to be the defensive morph, while streak was offensive and this was very clear in the morphs making both good in their own way. Now they lose those attributes and are a mix of both, performing poorly in both aspects.

The change to surge is nice and allows both specs to use the morph that is familiar and leave the other for those wanting a healer morph.
    AFTERMATH GM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Why say that the active affect for the stamina morph of bound armour is bad, change it to a new all singing all dancing version of merciless resolve, yet then leave the identical 'bad' magicka morph intact?

Why when the patch was meant to reinforce class identity are there no meaningful changes to a MagSorc DPS? Nerfs to damage and cost increases hardly reinforce class identity!?

Magsorcs already had their own minigame in the form of crystal frags proc
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a stamina pvp point of view I think the clanfear isn't useful Terrible damage and cost too much magicka while needing 2 bar slots (that we already lack) to use just for a burst heal that we don't need.

And the daggers from armaments are very weak. Even with 4.4k wep damage they only hit around 800 dmg, not worth the time or stamina.

I would have liked a stamina atronach morph at least.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on September 17, 2019 12:38AM
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    The patch notes do not explain the reduction in damage to the familiar’s special damage ability. Comparing PTS to live, I see a 30% reduction in DPS For a 30% increase in resource spent per second, which is not how I interpreted the change in the notes.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This deletes petsorcs in PvE. Our main damage pet gets nerfed hard and our main non-pet damage sources, AoE DoTs, too. It's a double nerf on a build that was already underperforming.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After giving the clannfear a go on pts, I can gladly say the heal still cost magicka so sorc tank's are set there, but the pet was never built around dealing damage and changing where it scales from won't change that. It deals less damage than the nerfed aoe soul trap and a smidge more with daedric prey on the target. Having a copy of grim focus is interesting, but with how it is it feels more like a reskin of what another class had rather than something different.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pvp, realistically stamsorcs have only had an active portion added to Armaments and that's it. Which is at least positive but I was kind of hoping for more. Dots are nerfed and the clannfear won't be worth slotting as its two slots and the daedric passive will come from Armaments and atronach as per normal.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the class identity that was promised? Got no good changes or reworks once again...
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns out this was left out on the patch notes.
    fder5mmj7bac.png

That’s pretty cool. Gonna combo it with the psijic spammable and i’ll feel like a spellsword.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer healing isn't too bad. The Matriarch heal is quite good. If we assume Matriarch x2, Siphon Spirit, Combat Prayer, Radiating Regeneration, and Orb, that leaves room for 4 of:
    • Wall of Elements
    • Lightning Flood
    • Crushing Shock
    • Frags
    • Dark Conversion
    • Empowered Ward
    • Power Surge

I can work with that.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam Can you two explain why you said that ground DoTs would deal the older damage with the cost increases but then go and N E R F the damage to less than the numbers in Scalebreaker? Why did you contradict yourselves so hard?
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorc ........................................
    it's like..........................................................
    bound armaments is................................................
    dizzy was my only.........................................................
    what about..........................................................................

WTF ZOS I have no words, NONE. great job on the class identity i guess.

this is what happens when a class is so dependant on one skill because its class skills offer nothing.

and FYI you should have just left bound armaments alone the damage even with 6k weapon damage is beyond a joke. I guess this scales with mag too?
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    ... And here I had hoped that StamSorc would get an identity... It will still be using skills not from their class skills. Objective failed. No identity added
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why pets are still taking 2 slots? Why bolt of lightening nerf/buff? Why stam pet? Where is my magicka/stamina class spammable?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    fder5mmj7bac.png

That’s pretty cool. Gonna combo it with the psijic spammable and i’ll feel like a spellsword.

It's just odd that they want to sell us a reskin of a NB skill as "class identity" for stam sorcs.

It would make more sense if it worked like the Crystal Fragments proc for mag sorcs.
    Floating daggers also aren't what Bound Weapons have been about in previous TES games.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    fder5mmj7bac.png

It's just odd that they want to sell us a reskin of a NB skill as "class identity" for stam sorcs.

It would make more sense if it worked like the Crystal Fragments proc for mag sorcs.
    Floating daggers also aren't what Bound Weapons have been about in previous TES games.

Since I made the suggestion to change the skill along these lines, I can't be too unhappy with it - that being said, I also think that a) these Daggers look silly (should at least move Morkuldin-like) and b) the firing of the skill doesn't feel as rewarding as using Grim Focus.

I can understand that they didn't use a bound Greatsword as I suggested (would work only in melee), and that the Bound Bow belongs to the NBs, but still...something has to be done with the visuals.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    stamsorcs seem more fun now, so I'm happy. It would be cool though if the bound armament daggers would float around a bit instead of staying completely frozen. It looks a bit awkward.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll test it more but from what I know clannfear damage scales poorly, it has to make up for taking 2 slots. But the heal still cost magicka, that's a plus!

New bound armament, in PVE situation i got each dagger to hit for 13k crit, so 52k total, compared to a 45k wrecking blow in same conditions. It's good, main issue I had was the sound effect and animation when you fire the daggers. I felt like something was missing, it could use a more identifiable visual effect and a sound effect with more impact.

Hurricane visual effect makes it very hard to see your character, nothing new, but lately it made weaving harder for me coupled with bad performance. I think the visual should be revisited so the character model doesn't become totally transparent.
    (Same issue with medium armor active ability, as a NB you can't tell if you're cloacked or not)
    Edited by Elwendryll on September 17, 2019 6:57AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I've tested it on the PTS.

The damage is too low.

It's roughly 12k (at its best with 4 daggers critting) damage on guards in Cyrodiil on the PTS, with 4.5k melee power, 30k stamina, and 10k + 20% melee penetration.

That means on players (with all planets aligned, everything procing and everything critting) it will kick in for around 4k damage at its best. The spike needs to be higher, to be on part with other spells like these.

Beside this, it's a very very cool spell, thank for it :)
    Edited by Sarousse on September 17, 2019 3:48PM
  • Grollok76
    Grollok76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's nice to see that my decision to quit the game after U23 was obviously the right move.
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want Sorcerers to have more class identity.

So here's a Stam pet morph that still has a worthless heal active and does trash DPS.

While we're here, give 'em Grim Focus. B*tches love Grim Focus.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grollok76 wrote: »
    Well, it's nice to see that my decision to quit the game after U23 was obviously the right move.
    The new combat team IMHO is a COMPLETE FAILURE
    - balance in Elder Stamina Online is worse than ever
    - values go up wild one patch, next patch values down wild again
    - certain Magicka skills suddeny work totally different or become Stamina skills

I HATE HAVING TO RELEARN THIS GAME EVERY 3 MONTHS

Edited by BalticBlues on September 17, 2019 7:22AM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZRT wrote: »
    The new streak is terrible. From testing on the pts I could streak through someone at further distance and they would not be stunned. even at halfway through your streak you need to be within a foot of them for it to work. The only way to effectively use the skill to stun is for them to be within a couple feet of you when you streak. I would rather take my chances with the current streak bug then use this absolutely butchered version. Ball of light was meant to be the defensive morph, while streak was offensive and this was very clear in the morphs making both good in their own way. Now they lose those attributes and are a mix of both, performing poorly in both aspects.

The change to surge is nice and allows both specs to use the morph that is familiar and leave the other for those wanting a healer morph.

The new Streak does sound ok on paper IMO, but we all know it will be screwed by poor position syncronization ingame.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored