The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ideas on how to Create a Piano?

mergadeth
mergadeth
✭✭✭
Hello fellow housing nerds! I was wondering if there are any of you that have any ideas on what furniture combos would make a convincing piano? I'm not worried about the keys (too item intensive) so i'm looking for more of a closed piano that still says "hey! I'm a piano!". Anyway, feel free to leave your ideas/thoughts here.

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could model it after a harpsichord or an upright piano as those are boxy.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor Yes i was thinking of the upright pianos but can't come up with the right item combo that really sells it as a piano.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UESP site, Furnishing section, will help you find the boxes and trunks to stack together. I would link it for you but my phone updated my browser and now sharing links is a complete PITA.

Any they have pics of what is sold in game for gold and for crowns. Much easier to browse there than in game.

Also, I think ESO Fashion has pics

• mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    @Chryseia excellent ideas! Unfortunately i'm on console. Pretty jealous of PC add ons but i make do.

@bluebird thanks for the picture.

This community is awesome. Thanks for all the ideas so far <3
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird that is amazing! This is the kind of talent I referred to in my "Arena" post. This is truly inspiring, well done!
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That reminds me of that organ someone built when housing was new, see here the news from then, with picture:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26035
    Edited by Sturmfaenger on May 31, 2019 7:38PM
    PC/EU
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's so amazing @bluebird ! Thank you for sharing your design.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the ideas and advice peeps! I think I made something I’m finally satisfied with. sd5uikl420bl.jpeg
    n329gpg4mglj.jpeg
    Thanks to @bluebird and @Nestor annnnd @Chryseia
    Edited by mergadeth on June 2, 2019 2:01AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mergadeth wrote: »
    Thanks for all the ideas and advice peeps! I think I made something I’m finally satisfied with. sd5uikl420bl.jpeg
    Looks absolutely fantastic! :smiley: Grats!

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks awesome.

• Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely gorgeous! Great job! :)
    @Treat
    The Harbinger of Cheer!!!!!
    Ankle Biters
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea using books as the keys. The overlapping Alinor furniture makes it look so intricate. What are the foot pedals?
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    They are three of the alinor bronze urns upside down so that just one of the feet pokes out
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make zos program new piano furnishing.That way it could possibly be interactable.
  • aqunnna
    aqunnna
    n329gpg4mglj.jpeg

What furniture you used to do it? Looks so amazing.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's amazing looking!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dk0o6cfyztkc.png

my low rent goat piano. That's a crate top because if you were a goat you wouldn't have money for a REAL piano. I know this, after all, look at my picture.
    Edited by StabbityDoom on August 26, 2019 1:34AM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turned out awesome! Well done.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    @StabbityDoom that’s adorable!
  • ScarletWitchie
    n329gpg4mglj.jpeg

Wow congrats, looks so good!
    All my Socials - beacons.ai/scarletwitchie
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks great!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You make zos program new piano furnishing.That way it could possibly be interactable.

Would be nice, wouldn't it?

In fact, I would like to make a music room, at some point (in a conservatory type room), so it would be good to have all the musical instruments that are available ingame available as furnishings, too.

Plus a few more, ideally - like a piano, a violin and a cello, for example.