Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been in four low level dungeons in the past two weeks. In each of them there have been a group of five or six characters with names like lllscf standing around the boss spawn point blasting it out of existence before real players can get it. I am so glad to see this fixed. THANK YOU!!!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a group in Onlin(SP?) when I went through it this morning to complete Long Lost Lore. they weren't on the boss though, they were attacking a regular blood thrall instead. I got a good laugh at that one.
  • RickiHN
    RickiHN
    epoling wrote: »
    I have been in four low level dungeons in the past two weeks. In each of them there have been a group of five or six characters with names like lllscf standing around the boss spawn point blasting it out of existence before real players can get it. I am so glad to see this fixed. THANK YOU!!!
    But is it really that hard a hit on the bots? As it is right now they are allowed to stand there for days on end despite several people reporting them. So what if they can only gain loot every so and so many mins. Over several days it is still going to bring a profit.

The real hit seems to be on players why find a boss that drops something interesting that they would like for use or deconstructing and might want to kill the boss 4-5 times.
  • Expli
    Expli
    [*] We have fixed issues with several quests that were blocking main quest progression. Those include Crossing the Chasm, Castle of the Worm, and The Army of Meridia.

Any word on the God of Schemes main quest?
    Talking to the survivors has been bugged since release. 2 of my guildmates and myself are still waiting on an update on this topic.

If it is that hard to fix, cant you offer those affected a reroll or an abandonment of the quest or something? Don't know if this is possible, but im getting tired of pvp while my friends quest through veteran content :(
    Edited by Expli on April 15, 2014 12:22AM
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    dont forget that these are just highlights... not the full patch notes people.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timers on loot? Timers? Yet another attempt to avoid hiring some GMs and therefore meeting the very barest minimum levels of customer service.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 15, 2014 12:29AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • nwnzocker
    nwnzocker
    Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

So it is 2 weeks now and the bankbug is still not fixed with patch of today ?
    What a bad joke...
    Edited by nwnzocker on April 15, 2014 12:31AM
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Timers on loot? Timers? Yet another attempt to avoid hiring some GMs and therefore meeting the very barest minimum levels of customer service.

Actually they don't have to "hire" more GM's, they could do what other games have done and have community members act as GM's for a reduced subscription fee.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    I highly applaud the changes to dungeon chests and delve bosses, and also fixes in general.

However, I would really appreciate it if ZOS can implement the FOV slider sometime soon. I purchased this game, because the first-person view really stood out, and because I read prior to purchase that FOV slider will be introduced post-launch.
    I think public dungeon boss farming is mostly seen on lower level maps. Perhaps the development team would consider putting off this change in the veteran content until it is shown to be a problem there too. Low level characters are often farming/crafting alts, or simply new players whose behavior is, for lack of a better word, "greedy".

Why should it be held off? So that VR dungeons can continue to be farmed too? Farm in the strictest sense doesn't just include lots of bots crowding a single boss, it can also be a single player farming a VR boss until that boss-specific rare/epic drops. I don't see how the change will affect VR dungeons' intended purposes in your reasoning.
    Edited by ghoxenrwb17_ESO on April 15, 2014 12:35AM
  • lslingsby1984rwb17_ESO
    about *** time but that will still mean i have been gated for 8 days. Will i receive any compensation for your *** up and pathetic customer service. This has felt like a beta testing phase all over again pathetic
  • Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Very disappointing, big mistake.

• doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Nice update! I really like the Dungeon Chest update and Public dungeon loot. The changes to public dungeons will change the economy for the better, fewer blue items and fewer blue crafting tempers entering the game.

The game will also become harder as there will be fewer players in the public dungeons which will favor players getting better gear while they play.

But is there anyone looking into the crafting/economics that's going on? I'm thinking about the impossibility to sell any crafted items because they will be far more expensive than anyone is willing to pay.
  • jpetro
    jpetro
    Soul Shriven
    What about the people with crashes? I've already talked with support and have sent in a decent amount of logs. Is anything related to crashes going to be addressed anytime soon? Thanks! Here is one example: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/626342/#Comment_626342
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO

Actually they don't have to "hire" more GM's, they could do what other games have done and have community members act as GM's for a reduced subscription fee.

That's probably not as viable since we only have a single mega server. In those other games generally you are not allowed to be a GM on a server you play on. Even then, there have been cases of conflicts of interest, and as a result the quality of the game support suffered.
  • Qaa
    Qaa
    thanx for posting, more of this please, there should be links i the launcher to this <3
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    about *** time but that will still mean i have been gated for 8 days. Will i receive any compensation for your *** up and pathetic customer service. This has felt like a beta testing phase all over again pathetic

Seriously, you post this and expect some response other than being banned?
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • UrielX
    UrielX

As far as I know no other game has actually done that. I was part of sony's guide program and we were low level CSRs. We didn't actually have the power to do much of anything (except unstick/rez characters occasionally). We were however in the same guild as GMs and Admins so we could pass something along quickly.

There was never any kind of disciplinary power in any of the player community liason type positions (guides,seers,counselors,etc) as far as I know.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Worst, laziest change possible.

It also doesn't fix the core problem people had with public dungeons, which is the inability to get credit due to bosses dying too quickly.

Now, instead of fixing that problem (which could have been done easily via scaling bosses) this change has compounded it, and also removed a lot of fun gameplay from the game.

Zenimax you guys have been doing a great job, but this is exactly the sort of LAZY pathetic non-fix that I hoped I would never see out of you. It doesn't fix anything, it just makes the problem worse, and the game LESS FUN.

So not only did it NOT fix the issue, it made it worse. Great.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on April 15, 2014 12:42AM
  • Rothguard
    Rothguard
    Thank you for fixing the boss's in public dungeons. I requested this back in beta and I don't care who you *** off doing this! It's way too easy of a gold farm.
    “Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.”
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭

That's probably not as viable since we only have a single mega server. In those other games generally you are not allowed to be a GM on a server you play on. Even then, there have been cases of conflicts of interest, and as a result the quality of the game support suffered.

Agree'd the mega server thing makes it unique, but they don't have to have full "GM Power", just some minor ablilites to help smooth things over, say like instead of being able to ban folks they can suspend for 24 hours and recommend a ban to a fill fledged Zeni GM.

Yes, I realize that in a very few cases some "player GM's" did abuse their power. (I was a GM for a while and no I can't say in which game.) But the instances of that were very few and far between.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    epoling wrote: »

I understand entirely, but butchering the game to stop gold sellers from farming is not the right course of action.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Mpcolson
    Mpcolson
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.

You cannot be serious. Apparently public dungeons are very useful, they certainly provide plenty of blue drops being pawned all day and night. No one is selling custom made blues, they are selling dropped items to the unaware. And making decent bank as I see it.

I'll be happy to be able to get the drop and maybe a couple soul gems and move along. It's the sins of a few that ruin it for the masses. The BOTS won't have a unlimited supply of these drops anymore.
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    jb1b84 wrote: »
    Ugh please tell me you mean something else when you say the bank fix will not be retroactive. That will pretty much kill this game for me

so basically people lose everything? thats a crock if i ever heard one. Way to go Zeni :).

Also when will this datacenter in europe open??. I guarantee i won't be paying if it isn't open by the time the month is over they stated it would be move just after launch.

• pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see the changes to the public dungeon loot. This will hopefully be the end to bots camping and insta killing the bosses.

But can we also make sure you stop getting xp at the same time you stop getting loot? Lots of bots seem to use it for xp gaining too.
  • Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the Public Dungeon change. You guys have done a lot wrong during this launch, but this goes a long way towards turning things around.
  • Mpcolson
    Mpcolson
    ✭✭✭
    I think public dungeon boss farming is mostly seen on lower level maps. Perhaps the development team would consider putting off this change in the veteran content until it is shown to be a problem there too. Low level characters are often farming/crafting alts, or simply new players whose behavior is, for lack of a better word, "greedy".

I am at level 30+ on my main character and as of this point, the dungeons are ALL camped. It needs to stop. I'm glad they are working to resolve the practice.

Also the Gold Vendors getting blocked out is fantastic news. I have been and will continue to report every spam in chat and spam email I receive. They don't belong in our game.
  • darkagejedi
    darkagejedi
    ✭✭
    I wish there was a feedback thread within the Developer section but there isn't, so I'll put some thoughts here. Ive BETA tested Galaxies, Rift, Star Wars:The Old Republic and Wildstar; I've played Galaxies, WoW, GW2, Rift, SWTOR, The Secret World and now this; Ive played all of the Elder Scrolls, all of the Fables, both Dragon Ages, along with many other well known other RPG's. Im typically a casual gamer, family guilds, love good stories, exploring and such.

First of all, congratulations on a successful launch! I can honestly say that Ive never played a game that played this well, right after launch. In spite of some bugs, some of which are rather serious, Ive had a great time, super impressive game. Ive noticed on some threads, people ravaging customer service, but that has not been my experience, at least not yet. Anything that Ive submitted has been fixed or are things that can't be fixed right away. So as launches go, I would rate you all an A-. The good news is anything else Ive rated would get no better then C or a C+ with SWTOR getting an F-.

A few suggestions. Ive seen toxic, angry forum trolls ruin a game if left unchecked. While I agree people need a place to vent and who has the time to play forum police, there should be limits placed on the degree to which this is allowed. Being super ticked off when something is broken, such as the bank issue (which did not affect me), sure, people will get super upset. But trolls that continually personally attack, essentially, cyber bullies- should not be tolerated. I hope that is something that is nipped in the bud asap.

A second super big flaw in your system, in my view, is getting "How are we doing" surveys right after a problem is submitted. I cannot effectively review your service if the problem is not solved. Either (a) move back the notice/survey a week, to allow time for resolution, or (b) issue two survey prompts- one right away and one at a point in time where I can effectively give you feedback. Your current feedback process is not giving you good data.

In terms of the game, during any given game playing session, I typically get booted out of the game at least once every 90 minutes, sometimes more often than that. I can always log back on, never a problem there, but obviously this needs to be resolved.

My biggest pet peeve with any game is when its developers feel the need to make the day-to-day in world gaming life a lot work versus a lot of fun. Ive seen this justified in so many ways, with the former (all gone now) execs of SWTOR being the most guilty of all. And yet all the complains that were registered in that game, eventually got changed. You have such a rock solid game on so very many levels, truly something to be very proud of, I pray that you do not make the same mistake. Case and point.

A workaround is not me getting killed and thus having to pay to repair my gear and pay for another soul stone. And while soul stones were very viable in your console games, in an MMO world- its just another annoyance, something else I have to do and buy when gold is scarce. And I have to give up a PRECIOUS slot to capture a soul. Create another soul stone only slot, reduce the price of soul stones or just flat out dump that system.

In all the MMO games at launch, devs have this initial addiction to making death, travel (which ESO does great with) and making gold as difficult as possible, then over a lot of time and complaints, those mechanics are changed. I implore you, don't make those mistakes, solve these problems up front- before a ton of complaints and cancelled accounts. You're travel system is great, but the death system and the lack of gold makes for far more work then I want to put in on those activities. Give me the activities that I want to be challenging versus the ones you think I should be challenged in because complex, costly death systems just annoy- that add nothing to a rather strong game.

Quests. Some of your quests are balanced and spot on, a good blend of challenging and yet doable. Some of your quests, some of them on the main line, the fighters and mage guild early ones, are way over powered. Again, if I have to take a few dirt naps, cool. But if Im constantly dirt napping, even several levels above the listed level, your mechanics and assumptions are wrong. Yes, I want to be challenged but more than anything, I want to have fun! Life is enough work as it is, if my MMO starts to feel like work- Im done. More and more MMO's are having to face this reality and I predict that the only ones that will remain over the next 5 years, are the ones that focus far more less on offering fun experiences, then people feeling they have work as hard in a game as they do IRL.

Your new player tutorial is ok, I mean from a gameplay standpoint, I really enjoyed it, but learning the skills- just ok. Im in the same zone for a very long time and I have no clue how to get a capital city early on. Thats part of the fun, seeing if you can sneak you way past high level mobs as a low level toon, to make it to the resources a capital city offers. None of that is clear in ESO. In fact, a lot is unclear in ESO. The beginners tips resources help from fan sites, but I think ESO could do a great deal better empowering new players to be successful and have fun.

Thats my feedback! Thanks for all the hard work.

• Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see the changes to the public dungeon loot. This will hopefully be the end to bots camping and insta killing the bosses.

But can we also make sure you stop getting xp at the same time you stop getting loot? Lots of bots seem to use it for xp gaining too.

well seeing as how bots have nobody sitting there, ir eally doubt they will care if theres a time limit between loot. instead youll have bots sitting there anyway and players still being screwed because they got just a white trash item from the mob rather than its unique item as well as still not being able to get a hit in. BTW this problem is a lot less prevalent in the higher levels since most bots dont actually level up they cant farm those bosses.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO

congrats for missing all the other good stuff they are doing, to concentrate on the one you don't like. More customer service help isnt always the answer: greater systems, greater pools of intelligence to consult (which can only come from time) and a more human approach, would all be better than just increasing the amount.

About time we got some timers on the loot. Farmers, both the ghastly ones and regular players, have been making game play for standard players subpar. Its ridiculous I can go into the same instance and kill the boss over and over and have them continually paying out. Its great if the only thing you want to achieve is become rich and level fast, but that is at the cost of the enjoyment of others.
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO

Worst, laziest change possible.

It also doesn't fix the core problem people had with public dungeons, which is the inability to get credit due to bosses dying too quickly.

Now, instead of fixing that problem (which could have been done easily via scaling bosses) this change has compounded it, and also removed a lot of fun gameplay from the game.

Zenimax you guys have been doing a great job, but this is exactly the sort of LAZY pathetic non-fix that I hoped I would never see out of you. It doesn't fix anything, it just makes the problem worse, and the game LESS FUN.

So not only did it NOT fix the issue, it made it worse. Great.

I disagree strongly. The reason people were unable to get credit was because too many people were camping bosses. This change has made camping bosses for repeated drop of loot pointless, therefore there will not be nearly as many camping the bosses, if any at all.

This solution fixes two problems: it allows players an easier time getting credit due to reduced number/eradication of campers, and it prevents people from farming the boss for drops, which is not the intention of the delves/public dungeons.

Scaling the boss will not stop people from camping the boss. Although the first problem of players not being to get credit may be resolved, the second issue of players camping bosses for loot will not be.

Your argument failed to show how this solution does not fix the issue, or how it compounded the issue. Your argument relied on purely irrelevant premises and thus failed. My conclusion is simply that you want to camp bosses for loot, and is distressed that this future patch will prevent you from doing so.