The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses.

Does this mean that the problem of quest bosses not spawning due to too many people in vicinity is still not fixed, Or is the problem that people are camping quest bosses and that still doesn't fix the problem.

I'm not sure what others refer to as Boss Achievement Kill is? Same as quest boss kill to progress quest?

I just want to be able to kill the boss or more likely die trying but at least progress the quest if I try hard enough, get more skilled.
  • JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Carde wrote: »
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.

Agreed. This seems like it has the potential to just make it worse for the normal players. Bots will at least still be there (unless this patch does manage to deal with those), and depending on the timer grinders might as well. I think you should just get the blue item on the first kill and only once. There should be some sort of reward for going through a dungeon. A couple of white items and an achievement doesn't really make sense for a boss kill...

• loaf82b16_ESO
    loaf82b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.
    While I applaud ZOS actively making changes to prevent bots, I am unsure that this will solve the problem and or not adversely affect players. Bots are not sat at a computer repeatedly killing the same mob, they are a bot, will they not just simply continue the same behaviour but with a now reduced gold per hour rate?! Therefore still causing an issue for real players just wanting a kill, achievement and maybe a shiny.
    Would making the bosses one time lootable not be better? Have a 100% blue drop for that one kill thus giving players a nice reward for completing the public dungeon/delve and eliminating any reason for a bot to farm.
    Edited by loaf82b16_ESO on April 15, 2014 6:32AM
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about you fix pvp entry. I hate pve and cannot access pvp
  • Ryvee
    Ryvee
    ✭✭
    What about the raid bug, that gets your client crashed in Cyrodiil when someone joins your raid/you join a raid? Bug is around since forever.
    Hope you guys are working on a fix, i reported it on a daily basis, it happens every evening when the campaigns gets full.
  • Randactyl
    Randactyl
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Looking good other than the Public Dungeon bosses, that's a serious hit on people's ability to grind items/money.

I think you're going to see a lot more backlash from angry players who use bosses than those complaining right now they can't get the achievements.
    While I'm not against there being something done to fix the issue this might be a little too strong a nerf over all, I hope the timers is something friendly like 5min and not a super hard one.

Any news on if the UI teams will be adding faster options to report gold spammers? There are a lot of people who would like to see an option where we can choose "report gold seller" and that option sends an automated report to the GM team and adds that player to your ignore list automatically.
    Otherwise a fast ignore player option in the mail screen would be a wonderful addition.

I'm not worried about losing the ability to farm as much as I'm worried about the timer covering all dungeons instead of per dungeon. Often times I'll do one public dungeon right after the other when I'm collecting an area's skyshards. What if I go too fast? I miss out on loot just because I was efficient at clearing two dungeons back to back? Lame.
    Randactyl | NA Megaserver | Blood for the Pact! | Sun's Death, Chrysamere Pact

My Addons
    Beta Addons
    Check out my GitHub repos to follow my latest changes and see some addons before they are released.
  • sommerjj
    sommerjj
    jb1b84 wrote: »
    Ugh please tell me you mean something else when you say the bank fix will not be retroactive. That will pretty much kill this game for me
    You'll stop playing a game because you lost some items during the first couple weeks of release?
  • jb1b84
    jb1b84
    sommerjj wrote: »
    Ugh please tell me you mean something else when you say the bank fix will not be retroactive. That will pretty much kill this game for me
    You'll stop playing a game because you lost some items during the first couple weeks of release?

You don't know what I lost or what other problems I have also encountered to this point, so please don't make assumptions. Honestly, I'm trying to be very patient and give them plenty of opportunities to make it right but the responses received have been disheartening

Edited by jb1b84 on April 15, 2014 4:53AM
  • Thepal
    Thepal
    ✭✭
    An excellent update. Thanks a lot for keeping us informed. I honestly hadn't expected the dungeon boss thing to happen, but I am incredibly glad it has. There are plenty of ways for people to level and gather items without messing up these dungeons. And hopefully the gold-farmers will stop once it stops paying off (at least they should get banned before they make enough money to make it worthwhile)
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr
    ✭✭
    Really NOT liking the public dungeon thing. If you do something like that, you should also take away ANY drop from zombies. Grind groups get a few epics an hour. Also pretty much everybody lost stuff in their bank, everybody is having to deal with these glitches. I sat for three days waiting for chasm to be fixed. The free 30 days should be extended cause it feels like its still a beta sometimes.
    NA Server - Ebonheart Pact - Irisana
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭
    What does it really mean when they say the bank fix will not be retroactive? Will i lose forever what was in the bank slots that vanished?

if that is the case you pretty much lose me as a customer,honestly.You can NOT expect me in this day and age to put up with loss of information.There are so many ways to work around it that it is absurd if you will not be able to reroll my character before the point of the bank crash.I do not care about the progression i made since then but please,for the love of my subscription fee...fix this problem wisely.

Not even 60 days of spare gametime would make me feel better really...i had 100 slots in bank full of crafting materials,now i`m down to 60 and most of the important stuff is gone.
    Edited by Glissando on April 15, 2014 7:28AM
  • WhiteScythe
    WhiteScythe
    ✭✭✭
    Vyndeleron wrote: »
    Jessica Folsom #1 Community Manager :3

Now Jessica - PLEASE FIX - Motes in the Moonlight main quest line for the Aldmeri Dominion as it's annoying the s**t out of everyone because we CAN'T do anything else!

Frustrated at the fact this is the case.. have since rolled another character.. purely for something to do :/

NA-PC Daggerfall Covenant #dcforlife
    WTB OCEANIC SERVER!
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    Any word on a fix for Cyrodiil? :#
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans on creating a text based search option for the guild store AHs? That would be really nice to see!! Please make it so ESO :)
  • orkeanb16_ESO
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom wrote: »
    Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

that's easy give us a full bank and 50k gold (i have lost around this price of craft items), or 1 month free. If you cannot restore all items and bank slot manually.

• Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Looking good other than the Public Dungeon bosses, that's a serious hit on people's ability to grind items/money.

I think you're going to see a lot more backlash from angry players who use bosses than those complaining right now they can't get the achievements.
    While I'm not against there being something done to fix the issue this might be a little too strong a nerf over all, I hope the timers is something friendly like 5min and not a super hard one.

Any news on if the UI teams will be adding faster options to report gold spammers? There are a lot of people who would like to see an option where we can choose "report gold seller" and that option sends an automated report to the GM team and adds that player to your ignore list automatically.
    Otherwise a fast ignore player option in the mail screen would be a wonderful addition.

I couldnt tell you how many farmbots and gold farmers i saw in dungeons this morning in Stonefalls, went through and did each one in a row and no less than 6 were sitting right on the spawn of each boss, every time it popped they instagibbed it. And they all had the random letter names like typical bots
    Edited by Trouvo on April 15, 2014 5:15AM
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    While I applaud ZOS actively making changes to prevent bots, I am unsure that this will solve the problem and or not adversely affect players. Bots are not sat at a computer repeatedly killing the same mob, they are a bot, will they not just simply continue the same behaviour but with a now reduced gold per hour rate?! Therefore still causing an issue for real players just wanting a kill, achievement and maybe a shiny.
    Would making the bosses one time only kill not be better? Have a 100% Blue drop for that one kill thus giving players a nice reward for completing the public dungeon/delve and eliminating any reason for a bot to farm.

No cuz then you also have the complaint of Roleplayers not being able to go through and kill a boss because their RP said to or something, i think instead of trying to have a fully automated system to get rid of bots and gold sellers they should have a couple dedicated teams of people playing the game and looking for these people and banning them that way, then we also wont have the issue of like Guild Leaders being suspended from mailing their guild....
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Endolith
    Endolith
    ✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »

No cuz then you also have the complaint of Roleplayers not being able to go through and kill a boss because their RP said to or something, i think instead of trying to have a fully automated system to get rid of bots and gold sellers they should have a couple dedicated teams of people playing the game and looking for these people and banning them that way, then we also wont have the issue of like Guild Leaders being suspended from mailing their guild....

Wouldn't make sense for RPers to complain in that fashion. If you're RPing and the boss has been killed once already, then he's dead.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes!! That's a kick in the jibblies for the greedy farmers and cursed botters!!
    TAKE THAT. Best news I've had all day, and today was an overly bad Monday.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • GuntherMT
    GuntherMT

It's about customer service, and data integrity. If a company can't provide proper data integrity, and support for their clients when things go wrong, then as a matter of choice, I will not continue to be a paying client of that company.

There are plenty of things I can choose to spend my money (and much more importantly, my time) on during my very limited time available for entertainment.

So perhaps for you, your time is worth so little to you that you are happy to blow if off when a significant number of hours of that time is wasted by a company that you are paying to provide you a service. For myself (and apparently for others in this thread), that is simply not acceptable, and I'll vote with my wallet, which is the only kind of vote that truly matters in the end.

Zenimax will have their opportunity to make things right. How they choose to approach that will determine how my 'vote' goes.
  • flamecloud
    Well that stinks, the only reason I farm solo dungeon bosses is for the set pieces. That's gonna make it allot harder now.
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO

You don't know what I lost or what other problems I have also encountered to this point, so please don't make assumptions. Honestly, I'm trying to be very patient and give them plenty of opportunities to make it right but the responses received have been disheartening

If I lost my horse, I would quit the game. Anything but my horse. Skill points? Pfft.
  • WyeVxndzz
    WyeVxndzz
    ✭✭✭
    But trolls that continually personally attack, essentially, cyber bullies- should not be tolerated. I hope that is something that is nipped in the bud asap.

A thousand times THIS.
    «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥» «♥»
    When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.
    Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
  • Thorgar
    Thorgar
    ✭✭✭
    Kudos to ZOS!! :D it looks like its getting better and better keep it up guys!

...are Bretons then mongrels,or paragons?
    The answer,of course,is both(though if you call a Breton
    a mongrel,he is liable to feed you an inch or two of steel).
    The passionate race of Bretons embodies the strengths
    of both men and mer-as well as there flaws.

-The Bretons: mongrels or paragons?
  • Caedes
    Caedes
    Timers on loot? Timers? Yet another attempt to avoid hiring some GMs and therefore meeting the very barest minimum levels of customer service.

Actually they don't have to "hire" more GM's, they could do what other games have done and have community members act as GM's for a reduced subscription fee.

Unfortunately that power might be abused.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the nerf on public dungeons, even if it hits 'legit' farmers.

It can't be that you get better loot zerging down a weak boss than you get from serious group dungeons.

Hopefully people will now go more into group dungeons.
  • highrisedrifter
    highrisedrifter
    ✭✭✭
    The sheer amount of times I get to a public dungeon boss only to have to wait about on multiple spawns to get ANY loot at all due to the vast numbers of spawn campers means this change will allow me to to what I want to do, kill boss, get loot, move on. Spawn campers are lame.
  • DYSEQTA
    DYSEQTA
    ✭✭✭
    Very pleased to hear of the changes to public dungeon/delve bosses. This shoud go a long way to screw up gold farming bots and players exploiting the current system to the detriment of people just trying to play the game as intended.
    For the King!
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, Gina :smile:
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing to fix Werewolves or Vampires. Thanks for nothing... 10 days and you come out with this disappointing bugfix list.