The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think public dungeon boss farming is mostly seen on lower level maps.
    Not true (I`m vet 5)

Edited by Runkorko on April 15, 2014 6:05AM
  • UrielX
    UrielX
    The sheer amount of times I get to a public dungeon boss only to have to wait about on multiple spawns to get ANY loot at all due to the vast numbers of spawn campers means this change will allow me to to what I want to do, kill boss, get loot, move on. Spawn campers are lame.

Except it's going to have the exact opposite effect.
    As of now the named drop a blue somewhere in the 20-25% range from my own (anecdotal) estimates.

So depending on the loot lockout, lets say it's 10-15 minutes. A player on average would get 1 blue ever hour or two.
    Of course without actually knowing which named drops what, your once an hour blue might be completely useless to you.

Bots run 24/7, and are still going to get far more loot than the average player.

Also inflation encourages RMTs, whereas deflation hurts it. Named blue prices are going to go up because of a more restricted supply.
    Basically everyone that wanted this, is vicariously encouraging gold farmers.
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for informing us ! Please, please, continue to make this kind of post. As for the changes, I welcome them, but I'll wait so see them in place to judge their efficiency and balance.

And about data integrity :
    GuntherMT wrote: »
    sommerjj wrote: »
    You'll stop playing a game because you lost some items during the first couple weeks of release?

It's about customer service, and data integrity. If a company can't provide proper data integrity, and support for their clients when things go wrong, then as a matter of choice, I will not continue to be a paying client of that company.

There are plenty of things I can choose to spend my money (and much more importantly, my time) on during my very limited time available for entertainment.

So perhaps for you, your time is worth so little to you that you are happy to blow if off when a significant number of hours of that time is wasted by a company that you are paying to provide you a service. For myself (and apparently for others in this thread), that is simply not acceptable, and I'll vote with my wallet, which is the only kind of vote that truly matters in the end.

Zenimax will have their opportunity to make things right. How they choose to approach that will determine how my 'vote' goes.

I completely agree with you. Faulty data integrity in a MMO ? For a launch, I can handle bugged quests, latency issues, terrible UI, some login issues, or random crashes, but losing a character or its items/attributes/skill/whatever, or not being able to play it at all, is not tolerable.

Please understand well : as a player, I don't really care, it's just a big pile of pixel worth nothing. But as a paying customer, especially with a subscription (which I will not pay until some severe issues are fixed) , data integrity is the very least I demand.

Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
  • vizionblind_ESO
    vizionblind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    add player nametags
  • Ivo
    Ivo
    Endolith wrote: »
    Good job on the changes to public dungeons.

Couldnt agree more. And yes there will always be whiners like those on top in this topc who like to sit on their arses and grind bosses or just set up a third party program to do that for them. Good job Zenimax, i hope the timer is 1h minimum.

•  Azymuth
    VAMPIRISM FIXES!!! C'mon >.> I get 50% more fire dmg and the only thing you get out of it is Drain Essence. And no, curing myself and then searching for a bite for 2 weeks (since bloodfiends spawns seem to have vanished since last unexpected maintenance) OR not playing as one anymore ARE NOT VIABLE OPTIONS ok...

Not even asking for anything more than stages cost reduction working for ultimate after loading screens. Everything else can stay bugged for a few more WEEKS (yes you heard me). If that works you can relog to fix dark stalker and poison mist is crappy anyway.

Trading all my bank slot upgrades and all the loot in the bank for ANY vampire fix (even poison mist sound effect :D, because reasons).
    Edited by Azymuth on April 15, 2014 6:13AM
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    Azymuth wrote: »
    VAMPIRISM FIXES!!! C'mon >.> I get 50% more fire dmg and the only thing you get out of it is Drain Essence. And no, curing myself and then searching for a bite for 2 weeks (since bloodfiends spawns seem to have vanished since last unexpected maintenance) OR not playing as one anymore ARE NOT VIABLE OPTIONS ok...

Not even asking for anything more than stages cost reduction working for ultimate after loading screens. Everything else can stay bugged for a few more WEEKS (yes you heard me). If that works you can relog to fix dark stalker and poison mist is crappy anyway.

Trading all my bank slot upgrades and all the loot in the bank for ANY vampire fix (even poison mist sound effect :D, because reasons).

You clearly haven't seen vampires who stay in Mistform forever thanks to good regen. If anything, vampires and werewolves need nerfs.
  • vaxure
    vaxure
    ✭✭✭
    Frough wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

If you don't provide me with everything I had previously you will lose my subscription. You already promised we'd get everything back, here, let me refresh your memory:
    Tweek wrote: »
    If they're not needed then how are they getting there things back...the answer is they never will get them back..will they?

We look at character data and history, and are able to see when things were purchased, sold, deleted, etc.

I expect a full return of all items or a free 6 months of game time. That will be about the only thing keeping me from cancelling.

Is it bad i hope they forget an item so he quits? :)

•  Azymuth
    OFC I did, I'm one of those guys :D except I don't pvp and in pve staying in mist form forever is SOOOOO not fun or useful in any way. This is getting offtopic so...nvm..
  • Truewind
    Truewind
    Soul Shriven
    Please watch the main starting zones of the mega server for spammers. It is so bad, that i had to turn off zone chat.. then the gold sellers mail me... then they try and friend me with names like "www evilgoldseller wants to be your friend". Gold sellers will exploit any grind worthy NPC that will drop gold, so I like the idea. drops off named mobs once per day seem decent as well or at least once per hour or so to not make gold farming worth it
  • JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ivo wrote: »
    Endolith wrote: »
    Good job on the changes to public dungeons.

Couldnt agree more. And yes there will always be whiners like those on top in this topc who like to sit on their arses and grind bosses or just set up a third party program to do that for them. Good job Zenimax, i hope the timer is 1h minimum.

1 hour? Don't forget the timer is shared across all the public dungeon/delve bosses, which means you would have to wait going to the other ones. I often do a few of them around the same time for skyshards and completing areas in zones (sometimes it's the only things I have left in a zone), so not sure I would like that.
    Mostly I just fear it won't really make much of a difference for the bots. They'll probably still be there even if they get less loot...
  • Wompoo
    Wompoo
    Carde wrote: »
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.

Agreed. This seems like it has the potential to just make it worse for the normal players. Bots will at least still be there (unless this patch does manage to deal with those), and depending on the timer grinders might as well. I think you should just get the blue item on the first kill and only once. There should be some sort of reward for going through a dungeon. A couple of white items and an achievement doesn't really make sense for a boss kill...

Sorry but farming for just 1 blue is not why they are there, at all. If they are, then they are foolish, as a blue item is only a small incremental boost to a green at low to mid levels (and out grown quickly)... and many of these people, no a lot of these people, are there farming multiple drops by n. I would of gone further myself, and put a complete lockout on item drops for characters that are to high for a dungeon level range. This type of farming is unnecessary (blues really 0.0), and bots rule supreme in them. All my opinion however which is just a fart in a wind tunnel.
    Edited by Wompoo on April 15, 2014 6:30AM
  • jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    What about this:
    Boss is roaming (with it's gang) around it's dungeon instead of respawning in the exactly same point?
    Then it would be always interesting if it is boss hunting me or me hunting boss. Also farming would not be just standing in one place (whatever bot fight you do staying in one place and waiting for boss is bot-type-gameplay).
    Edited by jpp on April 15, 2014 6:30AM
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves.

Well, we don't know how long is the timer (considering ESO devs sense of time we could expect anything, just saying) . If it's too short then the botters will stay camping anyways; if it's too long then it will affect the living ones who explore one dungeon to another.

I don't see the reason to make it shared. the problem are bots (and farmers in a less degree) killing the same boss over and over, not the normal explorers.
    Edited by Laerian on April 15, 2014 6:30AM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally good news! Two quick comments:

- The loot timer in public dungeons needs to attach to the boss's unique blue. Once that drops, the timer should activate. Alternately, make the drop rate 100%. Please don't deny normal players the chances at the blue

- Motes in the Moonlight is another broken quest blocking progression for a fair number of people in AD. Please add that to the list of major quests that have received appropriate attention

I like how quick you folks are moving.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Valethar
    Valethar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frough wrote: »
    I expect a full return of all items or a free 6 months of game time. That will be about the only thing keeping me from cancelling.

LOL 6 months.

The game has been out barely two weeks, and you expect 6 months of free time because you lost items that took you less than two weeks to find?

Bwahahahahaha

Yup. That's going to happen. They might give you a week. A month if they're really feeling generous. 6 months? Not in your lifetime.
    Resistance is not futile! Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott Crown Crates.
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    so food prices will be reduced? They were 1 or 2 gold, lol
  • JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Wompoo wrote: »
    Carde wrote: »
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.

Agreed. This seems like it has the potential to just make it worse for the normal players. Bots will at least still be there (unless this patch does manage to deal with those), and depending on the timer grinders might as well. I think you should just get the blue item on the first kill and only once. There should be some sort of reward for going through a dungeon. A couple of white items and an achievement doesn't really make sense for a boss kill...

Sorry but farming for just 1 blue is not why they are there, at all. If they are, then they are foolish, as a blue item is only a small incremental boost to a green at low to mid levels (and out grown quickly)... and many of these people, no a lot of these people, are there farming multiple drops by n. I would of gone further myself, and put a complete lockout on item drops for characters that are to high for a dungeon level range. This type of farming is unnecessary (blues really 0.0), and bots rule supreme in them. All my opinion however which is just a fart in a wind tunnel.

Well not saying that's all they're after. I suppose, I viewed it more from a normal players point of view (as in someone who's not there to farm it), who might stay for a few kills for the blue item in case it's a useful upgrade, which means a longer battle with the bots/farmers to even be able to loot it. Really what I would want is for everyone to be able to loot it just ONCE and in that one loot get the blue item as a reward for the effort involved in doing the dungeon... And I'm worried that this fix won't actually stop the bots anyway.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wompoo wrote: »
    Sorry but farming for just 1 blue is not why they are there, at all. If they are, then they are foolish, as a blue item is only a small incremental boost to a green

Low level blue and purple items are used to deconstruct. The blue and purple upgrade materials are useful at higher levels, and therefore have value beyond their meager damage stats.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• meaghs
    meaghs
    ✭✭✭
    The only difference between a group of actual players camping a boss and a group of bots boss camping is that one is scripted. Players and bots alike camping a boss kill the experience for most other adventurers - not to mention the loot opportunity. They are both doing it for their own gain at the expense of others. This is a good and welcome fix.

• thegamekittenub17_ESO
    As far as the timer, I really don't care. Because I just want to complete the dungeon and move on. The drops in dungeons I don't worry about, but completing the dungeon is more important to me. So, thank you Zenimax if this helps in even the slightest matter of camping bosses.
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭
    I would approach the bots farming bosses issue differently.

What if after you kill a certain boss that boss gives you a unique debuff that lasts -insert random period of time- and that debuff will make him immune to your damage for the next -insert said random period of time-.

This would totally kill the bots without hurting the real players too much as they can easily go farm another dungeon until the debuff expires so they can go back and forth between dungeons.

I'm not sure how bots work but i think it would be harder for them to program those bots to roam between dungeons.

That being said,please fix my bank and my lost items cause i am a really sad panda :(
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst, laziest change possible.

It also doesn't fix the core problem people had with public dungeons, which is the inability to get credit due to bosses dying too quickly.

Now, instead of fixing that problem (which could have been done easily via scaling bosses) this change has compounded it, and also removed a lot of fun gameplay from the game.

Zenimax you guys have been doing a great job, but this is exactly the sort of LAZY pathetic non-fix that I hoped I would never see out of you. It doesn't fix anything, it just makes the problem worse, and the game LESS FUN.

So not only did it NOT fix the issue, it made it worse. Great.
    Making the bosses harder would make them to hard to kill if not farmed, what if you come alone?

One think I worry a bit about is that its an global timer shared between all bosses.
    Say its one hour so if I go somewhere else and kill another boss in an hour I don't get loot? Or is it in one dungeon? How about dungeons with multiple bosses?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on how long this timer will be for public dungeon bosses?
    I fear anything over 5mins will really hurt anyone who wants to get their hands on the blue items they drop, not everyone farms then for eight hours but quite a few of us kill them 5-10 times then move on when we have the useful blue item.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Bolo
    Bolo
    cymatt wrote: »
    I missed the Quest: Motes in the Moonlight in your List, its a hard progress Block plz fix this too ...
    This! A lot of Aldmeri people are stuck because of it!

• derpmonster
    derpmonster
    ✭✭
    Fina wrote: »
    Most people were complaining that they couldn't get the achievement for the boss. Very few people actually care about the loot the boss drops. Some do, but I think most don't. Why? Because items like that are really common. Because players very quickly outgrow those items in just a few levels. Most people want the achievements of clearing the dungeon and just want to move on. If they get a nice drop, great. If not, who really cares? Just leave the dungeon and go out into the world and you're bound to find a great drop from another enemy. The world is full of "rare" items. This change (how often you can get loot from public dungeon / delve monsters) is a really good change that should stop some people from spamming the boss. (Fingers crossed).

Personally, I think this change is much better than no change. Thank you for this. Hopefully this will ease a lot of people's pain with getting the dungeon achievement.

You realize it does absolutely nothing to stop the bosses from being insta-gibbed if more than 4 people are at the boss right? If you're not sitting there waiting for it to spawn you're not going to get your hits in.

The loot timer does nothing to fix the problem and it's funny people think it will. The bosses need hp/resist/damage scaling that is determined by how many people are near it when it spawns. That's the only way the problem is going to get fixed.

So lets be real, the fix is to slow down farmers. They apparently couldn't care less about people who just want the achievement because the timer does nothing to address that issue.
  • D00fD1ll4
    D00fD1ll4
    ✭✭
    Thank You

for listening to us, taking our concerns seriously and incorporating them into the game.

Even though we are only as little into the game as two weeks!

regards
    Dilla
  • JaeGuan
    JaeGuan
    days later... just beginning to fix the bank bug "now". nice.
  • Loctite
    Loctite
    I have said this in another thread but I think it is needed here too and I am sure that would be other people that would kinda agree with this rather then putting a blanket timer on all dungeons and delves whilst keeping them open and public where they will just be stomped even if they wont get loot from the bosses.

I think a more "instanced" approach will help, as the moment that you enter the dungeon you should be placed in your own phase(but you can still have a party), where the mobs inside do not respawn, much like the multiple dungeons but are more tailored for 1-4 people. The main intention is to make players have to clear the whole dungeon to get to the main dungeon boss again to get the mediocre loot and the chance of the blue with the loot only dropping once (but is rolled for by the party).

Why do this instead of the timer? the bots will be forced into their own phase, even if the "botter" runs more accounts he only gets one item rather then 4 slowing down the income that can be obtained from the dungeon. Players that want immersion will get it as they will be in their own phase and wont see the end boss stomped by farmers or bots.

The other part is to make a timer (yes a timer) on the number of dungeon instances that a player can entire an hour; 5 for example (20 minute runs) would be reasonable for the average player without slowing natural progression.
  • Kraun
    Kraun
    ✭✭
    Howbout that EU-server........................