The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a group in Onlin(SP?) when I went through it this morning to complete Long Lost Lore. they weren't on the boss though, they were attacking a regular blood thrall instead. I got a good laugh at that one.
  • Expli
    Expli
    [*] We have fixed issues with several quests that were blocking main quest progression. Those include Crossing the Chasm, Castle of the Worm, and The Army of Meridia.

Any word on the God of Schemes main quest?
    Talking to the survivors has been bugged since release. 2 of my guildmates and myself are still waiting on an update on this topic.

If it is that hard to fix, cant you offer those affected a reroll or an abandonment of the quest or something? Don't know if this is possible, but im getting tired of pvp while my friends quest through veteran content :(
    Edited by Expli on April 15, 2014 12:22AM
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    dont forget that these are just highlights... not the full patch notes people.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Timers on loot? Timers? Yet another attempt to avoid hiring some GMs and therefore meeting the very barest minimum levels of customer service.

Actually they don't have to "hire" more GM's, they could do what other games have done and have community members act as GM's for a reduced subscription fee.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    I highly applaud the changes to dungeon chests and delve bosses, and also fixes in general.

However, I would really appreciate it if ZOS can implement the FOV slider sometime soon. I purchased this game, because the first-person view really stood out, and because I read prior to purchase that FOV slider will be introduced post-launch.
    I think public dungeon boss farming is mostly seen on lower level maps. Perhaps the development team would consider putting off this change in the veteran content until it is shown to be a problem there too. Low level characters are often farming/crafting alts, or simply new players whose behavior is, for lack of a better word, "greedy".

Why should it be held off? So that VR dungeons can continue to be farmed too? Farm in the strictest sense doesn't just include lots of bots crowding a single boss, it can also be a single player farming a VR boss until that boss-specific rare/epic drops. I don't see how the change will affect VR dungeons' intended purposes in your reasoning.
    Edited by ghoxenrwb17_ESO on April 15, 2014 12:35AM
  • lslingsby1984rwb17_ESO
    about *** time but that will still mean i have been gated for 8 days. Will i receive any compensation for your *** up and pathetic customer service. This has felt like a beta testing phase all over again pathetic
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Nice update! I really like the Dungeon Chest update and Public dungeon loot. The changes to public dungeons will change the economy for the better, fewer blue items and fewer blue crafting tempers entering the game.

The game will also become harder as there will be fewer players in the public dungeons which will favor players getting better gear while they play.

But is there anyone looking into the crafting/economics that's going on? I'm thinking about the impossibility to sell any crafted items because they will be far more expensive than anyone is willing to pay.
  • jpetro
    jpetro
    Soul Shriven
    What about the people with crashes? I've already talked with support and have sent in a decent amount of logs. Is anything related to crashes going to be addressed anytime soon? Thanks! Here is one example: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/626342/#Comment_626342
  • ghoxenrwb17_ESO
    Timers on loot? Timers? Yet another attempt to avoid hiring some GMs and therefore meeting the very barest minimum levels of customer service.

Actually they don't have to "hire" more GM's, they could do what other games have done and have community members act as GM's for a reduced subscription fee.

That's probably not as viable since we only have a single mega server. In those other games generally you are not allowed to be a GM on a server you play on. Even then, there have been cases of conflicts of interest, and as a result the quality of the game support suffered.
  • Qaa
    Qaa
    thanx for posting, more of this please, there should be links i the launcher to this <3
  • UrielX
    UrielX

As far as I know no other game has actually done that. I was part of sony's guide program and we were low level CSRs. We didn't actually have the power to do much of anything (except unstick/rez characters occasionally). We were however in the same guild as GMs and Admins so we could pass something along quickly.

There was never any kind of disciplinary power in any of the player community liason type positions (guides,seers,counselors,etc) as far as I know.
  • Rothguard
    Rothguard
    Thank you for fixing the boss's in public dungeons. I requested this back in beta and I don't care who you *** off doing this! It's way too easy of a gold farm.
    “Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.”
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭

That's probably not as viable since we only have a single mega server. In those other games generally you are not allowed to be a GM on a server you play on. Even then, there have been cases of conflicts of interest, and as a result the quality of the game support suffered.

Agree'd the mega server thing makes it unique, but they don't have to have full "GM Power", just some minor ablilites to help smooth things over, say like instead of being able to ban folks they can suspend for 24 hours and recommend a ban to a fill fledged Zeni GM.

Yes, I realize that in a very few cases some "player GM's" did abuse their power. (I was a GM for a while and no I can't say in which game.) But the instances of that were very few and far between.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    epoling wrote: »
    I have been in four low level dungeons in the past two weeks. In each of them there have been a group of five or six characters with names like lllscf standing around the boss spawn point blasting it out of existence before real players can get it. I am so glad to see this fixed. THANK YOU!!!

I understand entirely, but butchering the game to stop gold sellers from farming is not the right course of action.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Mpcolson
    Mpcolson
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.

You cannot be serious. Apparently public dungeons are very useful, they certainly provide plenty of blue drops being pawned all day and night. No one is selling custom made blues, they are selling dropped items to the unaware. And making decent bank as I see it.

I'll be happy to be able to get the drop and maybe a couple soul gems and move along. It's the sins of a few that ruin it for the masses. The BOTS won't have a unlimited supply of these drops anymore.
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    jb1b84 wrote: »
    Ugh please tell me you mean something else when you say the bank fix will not be retroactive. That will pretty much kill this game for me

so basically people lose everything? thats a crock if i ever heard one. Way to go Zeni :).

Also when will this datacenter in europe open??. I guarantee i won't be paying if it isn't open by the time the month is over they stated it would be move just after launch.

• pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see the changes to the public dungeon loot. This will hopefully be the end to bots camping and insta killing the bosses.

But can we also make sure you stop getting xp at the same time you stop getting loot? Lots of bots seem to use it for xp gaining too.
    v16 NB,DK,Sorc
  • Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the Public Dungeon change. You guys have done a lot wrong during this launch, but this goes a long way towards turning things around.
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see the changes to the public dungeon loot. This will hopefully be the end to bots camping and insta killing the bosses.

But can we also make sure you stop getting xp at the same time you stop getting loot? Lots of bots seem to use it for xp gaining too.

well seeing as how bots have nobody sitting there, ir eally doubt they will care if theres a time limit between loot. instead youll have bots sitting there anyway and players still being screwed because they got just a white trash item from the mob rather than its unique item as well as still not being able to get a hit in. BTW this problem is a lot less prevalent in the higher levels since most bots dont actually level up they cant farm those bosses.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO

congrats for missing all the other good stuff they are doing, to concentrate on the one you don't like. More customer service help isnt always the answer: greater systems, greater pools of intelligence to consult (which can only come from time) and a more human approach, would all be better than just increasing the amount.

About time we got some timers on the loot. Farmers, both the ghastly ones and regular players, have been making game play for standard players subpar. Its ridiculous I can go into the same instance and kill the boss over and over and have them continually paying out. Its great if the only thing you want to achieve is become rich and level fast, but that is at the cost of the enjoyment of others.