The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    JaeGuan wrote: »
    days later... just beginning to fix the bank bug "now". nice.

Yes. Up until now all of Zeni's devs have been sitting at their office drinking beer and playing darts lolling at everybody posting on this forum. I guess they finally got bored with us because it seems like they unlocked the box with the magic wand that fixes everything in a *poof* made of sparkles and unicorn farts.

That is how code works, right?

Anyways. Great news about the boss farmers having to go out and play the game for xp,mats and money. The bots will find another way to exploit, I'm sure, but maybe we'll save a farmer or two. The game is actually pretty great, and believe it or not, there are ways to get mats without having to stand and hit the same mob over and over again.
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now.

Damn... Hurry up please!!!
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer[/b]
    I hope this doesn't affect on ground bosses?
    Edited by Bob on April 15, 2014 8:41AM
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.

This one. One soul gem and insta-timer? Meh...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work on the fixes! I agree with those saying there should be a 100% drop rate on the unique blue item if you haven't completed the delve before. I would have preferred a phasing system over a timer though, in which the boss does not spawn again until you trigger the exit gate (the one that moves you from the boss room to the entry corridor). This would phase bots out of the boss's layer when they kill it once, meaning they can't camp its spawn point, whereas legit players would only have to run around the dungeon again to get back to the boss and get more loot.
    Saying that the missing bank slots fix will not work retroactively only means that items won't appear automatically. They have said elsewhere they are looking at the purchase/sell/destroy history of your characters to try to get the items back to those affected manually.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    better dungeon fixes:
    - cap delves at 10 players, and spawn the boss with 1 add per player
    - cap delves at 10 players and do nothing else, over time the instance will only contain 10 farmers/bots
    - scale the boss, and spawn in random location 4 different corners of the same room is enough
    - make the first kill assign PER ZONE-IN loot from a very good boss loot table, successive kills reward only loot like a normal mob in the same instance
    - phase the delve to a boss killed instance that resets after using the exit trigger

timer is really the worst solution, and it is an out of game restriction that is not easily communicated with in game methods. A normal player running into the restriction will have no idea why this happened.

Also it does not solve the underlying problem, the farmer/bot will find the next best spot, and most likely interfere with average players again.
    Edited by Kililin on April 15, 2014 9:11AM
  • Fellwitch
    Fellwitch
    ✭✭✭
    So for the public dungeon bosses...

If I have thirty minutes to blow and want to kill one several times to get money to pay for my horse, you will now remove that option for me.

Instead of getting rid of the botters, you penalize the real players. Great.

And btw as much as I love this game, your implementation of a trading/auction house system has got to be the worst I have ever seen. My god at least put in a stock search function.

• Buppas
    Buppas
    Soul Shriven
    Gonna throw in my 2cp on these notes aswell.

First, nice that you are working on alot of fixes! Some of them look great, others, not so much..

TL;DR at bottom of post.

Bank - I personally lost 30 slots ink. hundreds of crafting materials in them (no clue which ones though, just that a bunch is gone!), not too happy about not getting them or the bankslots back, as they cost quite a bit of money to upgrade, and they are also nerfing moneystream (more on this in next part)

Timers on bosses - this isn't even a bandaid on a fleshwound, it's sprinkling unicorn farting dusts on a infected fleshwound. This dosn't solve any issue at all, and here's why:
    Bots: Will not care about a timer, they will still stand there and farm the bosses repeatedly, The thing with bots is that they are automated, so it dosnt matter if it takes 1min or 30min for them to get loot again - they will just keep farming, or they will change location and farm other places, which will in turn just move the issue to another location instead of public dungeons.
    Legitimate farmers: Adding a timer for a single dungeon I can agree with, I'm used from previous experiences that bosses have spawntimes that are in the 5min+ times, and sometimes even have a placeholder you have to kill in order to have a % chance to spawn the boss, however spreading it to affect -all- dungeons is beyond silly, unless the timer is really short (<5min), in which case it won't do much use anyway

I don't believe that it will solve any issue or affect anything but make some people who have a limited knowledge of how a farmer thinks, or a bot works happy, while simultaneously upset the people who do enjoy it, scaling the mobs with amount of people in a close vicinity / entire dungeon, would be a better solution.

Economy: The change to bosses will most likely not have a positive impact on the economy as most people seem to think, Yes, farming bosses and selling the soulgems is (atleast at lower-mid lvls) a very common, and profitable way, to farm money. But please not that this is also a very very large source of crafting materials, components, and experience, removing this source will cause much much fewer high-lvl crafters, much fewer green / blue / upgrade materials, which in turn will make crafters worth less compared to random dropped items.
    I'm no economic, but one possible outcome is that after this change prices on all crafting materials will skyrocket, while people have less money, which would inturn result in more people buying gold to "save gametime", granted, it could go the complete opposite way aswell ofcourse!

I would also like to say to anyone who thinks that the majority of people (at lower lvls, where this currently is the biggest issue) that people farm this for the blue loot they drop, are most likely incorrect, from having talked to plenty of people doing it, or being social in /Say while doing this, most people appear to be doing it in order to farm materials or coin, and if anyone know of a better way to farm either or, please step up and describe how, rather then say "there are other better ways", because if there were, and they were as good, more people would be doing that over farming public dungeon bosses, this issue also needs to be solved before too many people end up at endgame content, because if endgame public dungeons work the same as lowlvls and people would stand in a circle just pounding away the moment something spawns, would quickly lose subscriptions.

This is not to say that there is a issue with public dungeons and how they work today, because there is a issue with it, I made a post here on my thoughts on the subject: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/593902/#Comment_593902 the relevant info regarding my thoughts on how it could be solved, is a bit further down in the post.

TL;DR
    Banking: Sucks that it's not retroactive, as previous poster has mentioned, it's not a customer friendly or business smart move to not refund this.
    Boss loot timers: Won't solve any of the current issues people have with how the farming in dungeons is being done, the change will make people without insight of how a farmer things happy, while penalizing a large part of the playerbase.
  • Fina
    Fina
    ✭✭✭
    For people who think that a timer is going a be a major problem in terms of money making, why not find an alternative way to make money?

Money is really easy to make in this game, without farming bosses. Furthermore, there is very little to actually spend money on (aside from horses and inventory space). I've made more than enough just by gathering, crafting, and doing quests. I have only bought an item from a vendor once. I've never bought an item from another player. I DO repair my equipment however. And even with that I still have more than enough to satisfy me. I have 5 crafts. Two for one character and 3 for another.

Right now most people think crafting is not a good way to earn money, but I think it will be later on. Have you noticed that crafted items (even at only level 25 tailoring skill) have a much higher armor rating than those which were bought or found? I create most of the gear I wear.

Lets say 1 piece offer 10 more armor than a store bought / loot piece. That's 8 pieces so an extra 80 armor...at level 30 with a tailoring skill of 25. When that skill is 50 the character is level 50, don't you think crafted goods will be more sought after than loot drops?

In addition, with crafting you can make items which can't be bought from vendors. You can also make matching sets.

I'd recommend finding another way to make money. A way which doesn't ruin the game experience for everyone else. Wouldn't you say that feeling your desire to make money in this way takes precedence over other player's ability to complete a dungeon is selfish?

I know you "want to play my way", but just take some time to think of everyone else too.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Fix the damned inventory, thats the only thing i want. Make it bigger, cheaper and have crafting materials not count to the limit like in GW2.
  • Nazaan
    Nazaan
    Glad to see the grinding is being stepped on a little. It's far too effective and should not work out better than questing. Pretty much every toxic "I'm VRx and this game is (insert negativity), so I'm quitting." thread came from someone who doesn't like RPG games and did a power grind that netted them enough gold to buy everything too quickly.

It's sad that people just want to skip the game to be level 50 in Cyrodill. But to each their own. I'd rather just be out of work tobplay the game more lol.

Fixes look good. I'm gping to presume it isn't an exhaustive list and there will be more fixes than those... especially looking forward to the lag fixes.
  • Anoktear
    Anoktear
    The timer is not a solution.
    How can you effectively enforce a timer with players on different time zones?
    If it's short, 5 minutes, okay I can wait. But I won't wake up at 4 AM just to kill a Boss.

I seriously hope you took that in consideration.
    And, I don't see how does this resolves the bots issue, if I need to wait, a bot can also, even more than me.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't need to nerf Doshia :(
  • Lucani
    Lucani
    Soul Shriven
    Regarding the public dungeon fixes, I'm all for this. Immersion kinda flies out the window when you see 50 people stood around a boss spawn point just waiting to tap it. I'm sure these were designed as miniature exploration zones rather than farming nodes. If one person is lucky enough to get the unique item for killing these bosses and the other not so lucky, that's how it should be. (IMO :smile: )
  • vnlouis
    vnlouis
    Awesome news keep up the good work Zenimax!

As for those complaining about the public dungeon loot changes. Stop being such a bunch of selfish pricks! Think about all the regular players you are selfishly affecting by camping bosses for you own personal gain. As for the argument that this wont affect botters, of course it will, only a bot will still stand around killing a boss all day for a chance at loot only a couple of times a day, this will make it so much easier to pin point and stomp them out for good.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buppas wrote: »

Timers on bosses - this isn't even a bandaid on a fleshwound, it's sprinkling unicorn farting dusts on a infected fleshwound. This dosn't solve any issue at all, and here's why:
    Bots: Will not care about a timer, they will still stand there and farm the bosses repeatedly, The thing with bots is that they are automated, so it dosnt matter if it takes 1min or 30min for them to get loot again.

No, because hopefully ZOS will have the sense to make the timer several hours or a day long, for both loot and xp. Not a few minutes as most people seem to be imagining. Bots will not employ resources in an area where they get no gain all day.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well non bot players don't really care about the small amount of gold a boss drops but more about the chance of getting a blue.
    Why don't remove gold from boss (kill farmers) and spread the %chance of a blue item drop across the dungeon.

This way a normal player can enjoy the drop and farm as he likes around the dungeon and not having to wait for boss drop

Your opinion?
  • JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Bots: Will not care about a timer, they will still stand there and farm the bosses repeatedly, The thing with bots is that they are automated, so it dosnt matter if it takes 1min or 30min for them to get loot again.

No, because hopefully ZOS will have the sense to make the timer several hours or a day long, for both loot and xp. Not a few minutes as most people seem to be imagining. Bots will not employ resources in an area where they get no gain all day.

That's a horrible idea if the timer is for all the dungeons/delves! Or do you not want the chance of loot when killing different bosses?
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a horrible idea if the timer is for all the dungeons/delves! Or do you not want the chance of loot when killing different bosses?

Hopefully the timer is for all dungeons but individually, so you can still get the loot/xp in another dungeon you haven't done that day or in the last several hours (whatever the timer is).
  • Newskool1_ESO
    Real Fullscreen?
  • JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Hopefully the timer is for all dungeons but individually, so you can still get the loot/xp in another dungeon you haven't done that day or in the last several hours (whatever the timer is).

That would make more sense, but not what it says in the patch updates. "Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves."
  • Azureth
    Azureth
    About the lost bank slots. If that data is gone, then it's gone. How would they recognize and compensate those affected? A big hassle.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would make more sense, but not what it says in the patch updates. "Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves."

Yes I agree, if its something like 5-10mins across all dungeons, thats kind of pointless. It'll barely deter the bots and just annoy the players. If its several hours/a day across all dungeons, that would be too much. Perhaps there's a middle ground.
  • dark.akarib16_ESO
    How long is the timer ? Does anyone know it yet?
  • JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Yes I agree, if its something like 5-10mins across all dungeons, thats kind of pointless. It'll barely deter the bots and just annoy the players. If its several hours/a day across all dungeons, that would be too much. Perhaps there's a middle ground.

Well I would say to not make it shared. I often do a few of the dungeons right after each other to get skyshards or finish up an area in a zone. Why should I be punished just because I cleared one dungeon before going into the next?
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I would say to not make it shared. I often do a few of the dungeons right after each other to get skyshards or finish up an area in a zone. Why should I be punished just because I cleared one dungeon before going into the next?

Yeah exactly, that's what I would hope. A long timer for each individual dungeon.
  • JannieBorgb16_ESO
    JannieBorgb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Yeah exactly, that's what I would hope. A long timer for each individual dungeon.

I still don't think it's a great fix to the farming. I sometimes stay for a couple of kills to get the blue in case it's a useful upgrade to my gear. This timer thing won't allow for that... I'm happy they're trying to fix it, but not sure if this is the best way.
  • Reyn_Swordbreaker
    Thank you for the update, it's great to know what's going on.
    Two more fixes to add to your list.
    Lag.
    Gold spammers.
    Good luck with both
  • lslingsby1984rwb17_ESO

Seriously, you post this and expect some response other than being banned?

I am hoping to find some response. Yet to receive anything. Only time and many more posts will tell
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    about *** time but that will still mean i have been gated for 8 days. Will i receive any compensation for your *** up and pathetic customer service. This has felt like a beta testing phase all over again pathetic
    Actually, you joined the beta in tranche 17, I was in 16, we never played the REAL beta that was a closed-door affair, we were simply stress-testing fodder which was fine I was happy to do it but don't try to claim what we saw was the real beta test, it wasn't.

• Brank
    Brank
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the appeal to farming bosses. Is this MMO Tycoon? What are you even going to spend all the excess cash on? i've got to the 5th zone, without farming, have a 42k horse, 80 item cap inventory and bank and still have 20k in the bank. Can't you just play the game, and endgame PVP like was intended?
    These are mostly hypothetical, but if someone fells the need to answer, feel free.

IMO they should just instance bosses in public dungeons so people kill them once and then move on. sometimes you hit the items, sometimes you don't. Is a unique item really unique if everyone can get it if they sit there and farm the right boss for long enough?

How immersing is it for the menace to the region that you just killed to live again and again? IMO PVE is one time through, for XP and decent gear, the real replayability in this game is cyrodiil.

There is PLENTY of opportunity to make gold in PVP doing quests (which there is a never ending supply of).

There is no challenge or skill involved in camping a boss, therefore IMO (i'm full of them tonight) a high reward is undeserved. one could camp it for hours using a single finger.

Everybody just wants to make as much money as possible as quick as possible to achieve whatever end. At least they're not buying it from the gold sellers (despite using the EXACT same method of accumulation).

For the National, I'm Rex Murphy.