Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All of your Books, Texts and Manuscripts... in just Three Volumes

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
Three new Library effects from Essential Housing Tools combine all of your lore books together:

Folium Discognitum
Each collected book from Shalidor's Library

Eidetic Compendium
Every known text from across Tamriel

Orange Is The New Black
All learned motifs - because fashion is everything

https://youtu.be/2EA-qFRWisw
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mod looks like it's just getting better and better! Gotta say, nothing makes me feel like a Console Peasant quite as much as seeing some of the amazing EHT creations!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into Essential Housing Tools. I honestly thought it couldn't get much better, and there you go improving it yet again. <3<3<3
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K you are truly the Willy Wonka of our community. :) What's next? Lickable Shnozzberry wallpaper and Oompa-Loompas? LOL
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K I think you have won me over with this gem. I have to be 100% honest, I haven't attempted to use essential housing tools because I think it might overwhelm me. I use lots of addons etc but this looks complicated. Do you have a guide and is it easy to use?

I've always been amazed with your work but never had the courage to try essential tools out. Am I ready? 😊
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wishlist14

I am so happy to see that you are interested in trying EHT. I truly believe that the add-on looks more complicated than it is - the reason being that you can simply ignore all of the features except the one(s) you are interested in right now. When you do that, you find that you only have to care about one or two buttons or a keybind or some drop down. So are you ready? Yes. Yes.com, even. :wink:

Here's my suggestion: Start with the first two videos of my Tutorial series. They explain the absolute core of what you need to know, which is (1) Setting up the critical key binds under Controls and (2) Selecting items.

Just about every single feature of EHT is an action (group move/rotate, copy/paste, level/align/center, save/restore, etc.) that is performed on your selected item(s). So once you learn how to properly select items (either single items or all items within a radius or all items that are connected to one another, etc.), you are prepared to tackle literally any other feature in the add-on - because it always starts with a Selection of items.

(Also, since you are interested in these Library effects, I'd check out the "Adding 3D Essential Effects..." video in that same playlist. The interface looks a tad different, but all of the buttons are really the same today as they were then.)

And, of course, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or your fellow Housing Community members if you need any help at all. :wink:
    Essential Housing Tools Tutorial Playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKZfBCB7wM&amp;list=PLxkqemlv6asjxpAtzBLt4bPfV4H4jUtn4

(You can also access this playlist from the "Help!" button in the menu that appears whenever you mouse over the EHT button)

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    @R_K I think you have won me over with this gem. I have to be 100% honest, I haven't attempted to use essential housing tools because I think it might overwhelm me. I use lots of addons etc but this looks complicated. Do you have a guide and is it easy to use?

I've always been amazed with your work but never had the courage to try essential tools out. Am I ready? 😊

@wishlist14 R_K actually has a pretty large playlist on YouTube with how to videos. Here's a link if you'd like to take a look:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCUnp3soEiXWH4vXWM5FUEqw

And please don't be afraid to ask for help here on the forums. The folks in the housing community are super helpful! <3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising Actually, yes. I was holding off on unveiling the Oompa Loompas but I suppose the next release of EHT should finally see their introduction... ;)

@Sharalei You... are so very welcome, Shar! ;) (and thank you so much!)

@Chryseia Thank you so much Chrys! ;) Hopefully that spares you at least a bit of the 3D-ifying work in future builds. =P

@chuck-18_ESO Thank you so much for that = I appreciate it!
    Edited by R_K on August 14, 2019 2:16PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »

@wishlist14 R_K actually has a pretty large playlist on YouTube with how to videos. Here's a link if you'd like to take a look:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCUnp3soEiXWH4vXWM5FUEqw

And please don't be afraid to ask for help here on the forums. The folks in the housing community are super helpful! <3

@wishlist14 See? :wink:
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @R_K

First, thanks for the amazing work you do with these addons.
    Although I have EHT installed, I confess I'm a bit like @wishlist14, always a bit afraid of starting using it.

I do have some questions relative to this particular (and awesome) feature, if you'd be so kind to answer them please. :)

1. Do we need to have all the books placed in our homes to make use of it (currently working on my library, I have all the books but they take sooooo many slots!)
    2. I don't see other collections such as the Vivec's sermons, Truth in Sequence from CWC or the Murkmire ones... are they coming in a future update?
    3. About the exclusive Crown store/ furnishing packs ones, are they included too?
    4. About the Eidetic ones or motifs not known yet, do tehy also appear?

Thanks in advance and thank you for your amazing work <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Arciris

Again, I am super happy to see that you're interested in learning more! More players enjoying more from housing = a good thing, in my opinion at least. <3

To answer your questions:

1. Do we need to have all the books placed in our homes to make use of it (currently working on my library, I have all the books but they take sooooo many slots!)

Nope. In fact these books are Essential Effects, meaning that they can be resized, colored any way you like and they use no item slots at all.

2. I don't see other collections such as the Vivec's sermons, Truth in Sequence from CWC or the Murkmire ones... are they coming in a future update?

I believe that those collections are all included in the Eidetic Compendium volume (or perhaps between that one and the Folium Discognitum [Shalidor's Library]). When you read any of these 3 books, you are initially presented with a list of the collections within that volume. So for example, "Vivec's 36 Lessons" or "Clockwork Mnemonix". Click any collection and you will then see a list of the books within that collection. Click any book to read it.

I should note that any books that you have not yet acquired in the world will not be legible within these volumes -- you still have to explore after all. ;-)

3. About the exclusive Crown store/ furnishing packs ones, are they included too?

A great question - and to be honest, I am not 100% sure. I would suggest placing one of each of the volumes and reading through the list items to see if the particular ones you are looking for are in there.

4. About the Eidetic ones or motifs not known yet, do tehy also appear?

Any texts that you have not yet collected should be listed but attempting to read those items will show a message indicating that you do not know that lore yet.

:-)
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K

Thank you so much for the taking the time to answer my questions! I really appreciate it!

I do have one more though :blush:

Will my visitors be able to read the lore I have already discovered but they haven't yet? (even if it will not count for their own Eidetic memory)

Thank you again R_K <3

Oh and great news about the item slots... future EHT users will also save a lot of gold by not buying all the collections (they are quite expensive) which adds to the already awesomeness of this new functionality!
    Edited by Arciris on August 14, 2019 3:24PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an ambivalent relationship with the FX additions of your addon, for someone who builds their houses mostly manually, it's hard to keep up in housing competitions with people who add all sorts of visual effects and other baubles from your addon =p

But in this case, I'll do an exception. As a huge bibliophile bot out of game and in game, and with a full collection of all Eidetic memory books and motifs, this feature was a godsend. Finally I can read all the books much more conveniently than from the journal collection menu.

Here are your books in my library house:
    iaOmxF1.jpg

One small request, is it possible to add the Crown Store motifs descriptions as well? They don't appear in the motif collection section, but the text is here for Tsaesci, Harlequin and Frostcaster motifs. Perhaps it's possible to make a section for them in your motif book, and simply copy the text from the sources? Cheers!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    @R_K

Thank you so much for the taking the time to answer my questions! I really appreciate it!

I do have one more though :blush:

Will my visitors be able to read the lore I have already discovered but they haven't yet? (even if it will not count for their own Eidetic memory)

Thank you again R_K <3

Oh and great news about the item slots... future EHT users will also save a lot of gold by not buying all the collections (they are quite expensive) which adds to the already awesomeness of this new functionality!

@Arciris

You are very welcome! And that's another great question, by the way:

So other players will see the same exact menus (in the books) as you do - allowing them to navigate through all of the available collections within each volume and list the individual books within each of those; however, they will only be able to access the books that they themselves have unlocked.

I should also note that there is a simple process by which you must publish your homes' Essential Effects so that other players can see them, as @Carbonised eluded to.

That process is referred to as Sharing FX within the add-on and you may do so via either the EHT button's FX menu (navigate to the Share tab) or via the Housing Hub (which is what I recommend) using the "Share FX" button on the home(s) that you want to share. If you are not familiar with the Housing Hub, you can get to it with the default key bind (ALT+H) or by opening any menu (like Inventory or Character) and clicking the "House" icon located at the very top of the screen.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    I have an ambivalent relationship with the FX additions of your addon, for someone who builds their houses mostly manually, it's hard to keep up in housing competitions with people who add all sorts of visual effects and other baubles from your addon =p

But in this case, I'll do an exception. As a huge bibliophile bot out of game and in game, and with a full collection of all Eidetic memory books and motifs, this feature was a godsend. Finally I can read all the books much more conveniently than from the journal collection menu.

Here are your books in my library house:
    iaOmxF1.jpg

One small request, is it possible to add the Crown Store motifs descriptions as well? They don't appear in the motif collection section, but the text is here for Tsaesci, Harlequin and Frostcaster motifs. Perhaps it's possible to make a section for them in your motif book, and simply copy the text from the sources? Cheers!

@Carbonised

Oh, good question! I will check out those sources and see if I can add the text directly.

(and for the record -- good! I am glad that this feature got you interested in FX. that's why I add so many options to choose from -- the more players that use EHT, the more players that can see each other's creations! :-P)
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @wishlist14

I am so happy to see that you are interested in trying EHT. I truly believe that the add-on looks more complicated than it is - the reason being that you can simply ignore all of the features except the one(s) you are interested in right now. When you do that, you find that you only have to care about one or two buttons or a keybind or some drop down. So are you ready? Yes. Yes.com, even. :wink:

Here's my suggestion: Start with the first two videos of my Tutorial series. They explain the absolute core of what you need to know, which is (1) Setting up the critical key binds under Controls and (2) Selecting items.

Just about every single feature of EHT is an action (group move/rotate, copy/paste, level/align/center, save/restore, etc.) that is performed on your selected item(s). So once you learn how to properly select items (either single items or all items within a radius or all items that are connected to one another, etc.), you are prepared to tackle literally any other feature in the add-on - because it always starts with a Selection of items.

(Also, since you are interested in these Library effects, I'd check out the "Adding 3D Essential Effects..." video in that same playlist. The interface looks a tad different, but all of the buttons are really the same today as they were then.)

And, of course, please don't hesitate to reach out to me or your fellow Housing Community members if you need any help at all. :wink:
    Essential Housing Tools Tutorial Playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKZfBCB7wM&amp;list=PLxkqemlv6asjxpAtzBLt4bPfV4H4jUtn4

(You can also access this playlist from the "Help!" button in the menu that appears whenever you mouse over the EHT button)

Thank so much @R_K I'm ready for launch 😆 Also thanks for the guidance
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising

Thank so much for the links I will be watching those vids. 😊❤
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you again @R_K for the awsers ans useful tips.... I haven't been able able to check it out yet as a bad neck strain makes me barely just loggin but it is on the top of my to-do list as soon as I get better! :D
  • Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New note in the EHT change log RE library book FX!!!!!!:

Added all Eidetic Memory lore books as new Library effects.
    * Just add any of these effects - one per Collection - and then edit to select the book
    that it represents from that collection.

Now we can place a "book" to call up a specific text, like with guild reprints, but for all of eidetic memory!!!! Thank you so much @R_K <3!!!!

unknown.png
    Edited by Chryseia on August 16, 2019 4:38PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Arciris I’m sorry to hear that - I hope you feel better soon!

@Chryseia Thank you so much for sharing that! I hope everyone can make use of these latest features. <3 Also, I see what you did there... ;)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have easily earned yourself an Agree
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    tl;dr whole topic, so i respond to original post.

This is like what i wanted those 10-book-bundles u can buy to be.
    Being 1 book item with the text of the 10 seperate books in there.
    Instead of being a bundle that gives 10 seperate book items

But this is even better i suppose :)
    Awesome!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K the magnificent magician did it again!
    giphy.gif
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dagrdagaz_5912 Hah - well I am very glad to hear that then! :)

@Delphinia You are the magician, Del - Master of all things Cinematic. ;)