The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Sorcerer Feedback Thread

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying out changes. I can get same DPS, sustain is ok.

Survivability severely reduced with nerf to shields and self-heal
    Actual fun playing the game as sorc severely reduced. Placing dots and watching target health pool drain is the meta - really - where is the fun in that?

Removing of ranged stun with both Crystal Frags and Destro Reach along with reducing survivability is what really gets me as I spend 70% of the time in PVP.

Quote from PTS section
    Shields are gone to useless
    it lost its own stun
    Not enough self Heal

Class identity near demolished.

Taking away liquid lighting was not enough. lost stun crystal frags for years was not enough. Slamming a -69% nerf on our pets was not enough.

Now you took off the staple of any magsorc solo / vMA / 4 men / casual trial, ability, that is power surge.

Now, for some unfathomable reason, Sorcers lost Sorcery. But hey, we can slot the stamina morph and melee smash that staff for 1300 damage instead of 1000!

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »
    malistorr wrote: »
    Absolutely hate the change/nerf to Power Surge. Using this skill is mostly what kept me alive in PVE as a mag sorc. Now its ability to do so is gone.

Many PvE Magsorcs have opted for Crit Surge (long before Scalebreaker/Update 23) including for hard solo instances such as vMA. For PvP Magsorcs, it's a different story.

Which would be fine if Crit Surge gave Major Sorcery. So now Sorcs are forced to slot Entropy with inferior healing, or rely on hugely expensive Spell Pots which don’t provide a heal at all.

Jeez.

• Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Absolutely hate the change/nerf to Power Surge. Using this skill is mostly what kept me alive in PVE as a mag sorc. Now its ability to do so is gone.

Many PvE Magsorcs have opted for Crit Surge (long before Scalebreaker/Update 23) including for hard solo instances such as vMA. For PvP Magsorcs, it's a different story.

Which would be fine if Crit Surge gave Major Sorcery. So now Sorcs are forced to slot Entropy with inferior healing, or rely on hugely expensive Spell Pots which don’t provide a heal at all.

Jeez.

Degeneration is a must slot skill, v good single target dot (around 20-25k in 10 seconds, depending on build), gives 100 mag every time you attack with LAs during its duration, and gives Major Sorcery. Can´t understand why a Sorc shouldnt cast this every 10 seconds.
    Structured Entrophy isnt bad either, around 5k less damage, doesnt give mag back but heals you for 2k each 2 seconds, nice hot on a dot. Isnt enough selfhealing standalone, but both Critical Surge and SE will give great selfhealing, although not on demand.

To be honest, shields cost increase (around 800 magicka) and matriarch damage nerf are much more serious things than the surge one.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez.

Degeneration is a must slot skill, v good single target dot (around 20-25k in 10 seconds, depending on build), gives 100 mag every time you attack with LAs during its duration, and gives Major Sorcery. Can´t understand why a Sorc shouldnt cast this every 10 seconds.
    Structured Entrophy isnt bad either, around 5k less damage, doesnt give mag back but heals you for 2k each 2 seconds, nice hot on a dot. Isnt enough selfhealing standalone, but both Critical Surge and SE will give great selfhealing, although not on demand.

To be honest, shields cost increase (around 800 magicka) and matriarch damage nerf are much more serious things than the surge one.

Degeneration...100 Mag per LA is nothing. You would have to cast an average of 30 LA to accrue enough Mag for one ability. Mag should not be a problem with weaving HA into your rotation anyway. I would rather slot SE for the DOT. However, SE has a much shorter duration for SP than Power Surge, and an unexciting heal.

As you say, Structured Entropy healing is not great, but it does have a high DOT....Power Surge gave a lot more healing. We are talking about self-heals here especially for solo players. But unfortunately it now only triggers off crit heals. Useless to Mag Sorcs who are not healers (and isn't that the vast majority?).

Critical Surge and SE take up two skill slots. So that will be extraordinarily unpopular.

But don't get me on the subject of Spell Pots which use extortionately-priced Corn Flower, and don't have a heal. You all know what I think about them.

The obvious solution is to put SP on base and Crit Surge. Everyone happy and ZOS can keep their vision for MagSorc healers.

Either that or allow six rather than five skill slots per bar. But that is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey I've found that Dampen Magic gives 66% of magicka shield (17,6k health gives 10,6k shield) and this with 35k magicka.
    don't know how this made it to live but my sorc is now better than ever lol
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭

Jeez.

Degeneration...100 Mag per LA is nothing. You would have to cast an average of 30 LA to accrue enough Mag for one ability. Mag should not be a problem with weaving HA into your rotation anyway. I would rather slot SE for the DOT. However, SE has a much shorter duration for SP than Power Surge, and an unexciting heal.

As you say, Structured Entropy healing is not great, but it does have a high DOT....Power Surge gave a lot more healing. We are talking about self-heals here especially for solo players. But unfortunately it now only triggers off crit heals. Useless to Mag Sorcs who are not healers (and isn't that the vast majority?).

Critical Surge and SE take up two skill slots. So that will be extraordinarily unpopular.

But don't get me on the subject of Spell Pots which use extortionately-priced Corn Flower, and don't have a heal. You all know what I think about them.

The obvious solution is to put SP on base and Crit Surge. Everyone happy and ZOS can keep their vision for MagSorc healers.

Either that or allow six rather than five skill slots per bar. But that is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Just came back from finishing a trial, i didnt get any Orbs on the night, nor Shards, and i just used 4 pots during all the trial. Degeneration adds basically 100 mag per sec during all fights. Its like having 200 more mag regen. Not awesome, but everything counts. Did exactly ONE HA during all night.

Im still not 100% sold on how Sorcs have gone, and have many reasons to complain, but we will work out some of them.
  • Gabe42
    Gabe42

Jeez.

Exactly! You could still choose between healing and dmg as a trigger, but both should give weapon and spell dmg buff!
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Degeneration...100 Mag per LA is nothing

It's not only 100 mag though... + 2% max mag + 2% regen + Empower on cast. I don't even think people would slot old power surge instead of Degen lol.

And I mean if you want powerful heals you'd slot new Rapid Regen anyway...

Like the other guy said, cost increase on shields and matriarch nerf are much more impactful than power surge change. But I can see why people are not happy with it - You are forced to take a class skill to use a generic skill.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    The change to Power Surge was huge. Now I have to slot a skill I don't want to use (SE). I'd much rather use Lightning Flood like I was doing, because even with the nerf, it does much more DPS than the damage from (SE) and kills mobs father, which helps me stay alive. The damage done by (SE) is almost useless so sorc dies much more often because mobs stay alive much longer now. DPS is way down and so is our ability to not die every 10-seconds.
    I have to slot (SE), a skill I don't want to use, to get Major Sorcery, which is basically mandatory for mag sorc. Then I have to slot Crit Surge to get decent self heals. So an already cramped bar is even more so now.

The alternative is changing a whole gear set to Rattlecage to get Major Sorcery, which is heavy and not designed for our class at all. We are forced to use a skill for heals that buffs something our class doesn't use (weapon damage). I wonder if the people at Zenimax/Bethesda (whoever works on this) are just perma-high because none of this makes any sense and their stupid choices are ruining people's enjoyment of the game.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah and that tiny increase in magic from HA is really stupid. Either people heavy attack a lot like me already and get tons of magic back from it already, or they don't heavy attack much at all (LA weavers) and won't see the tiny buff anyway. Another stupid decision that makes no sense in any possible way. If someone was in the middle and does 1 or 2 HA in a fight, they'll get no benefit from the tiny amount of magic gain. Just completely pointless. Might as well just increase the magic returned from each heavy attack period.
    Edited by malistorr on August 15, 2019 3:05PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my first Flawless on My Altmer magsorc this patch, and had some good BGS on my Argonian Magsorc so so far feels good. Just too a bit of getting used to. Gotta get my Orcy stam boy into some tussles and see how he feels though.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could increase the duration on Bound Aegis mitigation. Considering latency, 3 secs is almost up when you start to block.
    At times I feel that I have to spam the skill in order to see its effect.
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • xandervalo
    xandervalo
    ✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    OMG there is SOOO much in a SORCERER CLASS that is STAM WHY?

Well, not that much. Reason is, ZoS wants each class to be playable in both stam and magicka versions.
    What i find funny is that stam Sorc is now better in every single way then magicka SORCERER. Only possible in ESO, to twist in such a way a sorcerer class concept as old as fantasy genre itself.

I am extremely upset about that as well. Only in eso you would see some foul play like that. Mag sorc is a joke really at this point I'm waiting for TES6. After my eso+ runs out im done with this game until mag sorc has identity and we dont run around looking like a confused npc. I feel like the entire class (Mag) just died in one patch. This being the only class i play it feels really low of a blow from ZoS because it isnt enough that people trash talk the class already. If there was ever a time i was actually done with the poor decision making from ZoS its now. Hell im not even a mag sorc and i feel bad for those people who are now they've ruined the class.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The change to Power Surge was huge. Now I have to slot a skill I don't want to use (SE). I'd much rather use Lightning Flood like I was doing, because even with the nerf, it does much more DPS than the damage from (SE) and kills mobs father, which helps me stay alive. The damage done by (SE) is almost useless so sorc dies much more often because mobs stay alive much longer now. DPS is way down and so is our ability to not die every 10-seconds.
    I have to slot (SE), a skill I don't want to use, to get Major Sorcery, which is basically mandatory for mag sorc. Then I have to slot Crit Surge to get decent self heals. So an already cramped bar is even more so now.

The alternative is changing a whole gear set to Rattlecage to get Major Sorcery, which is heavy and not designed for our class at all. We are forced to use a skill for heals that buffs something our class doesn't use (weapon damage). I wonder if the people at Zenimax/Bethesda (whoever works on this) are just perma-high because none of this makes any sense and their stupid choices are ruining people's enjoyment of the game.

You get Major Sorcery from pots. Major Prophecy, too, if you have the money. Crit Surge was therefore a better choice last patch and is definitely now.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to Power Surge was huge. Now I have to slot a skill I don't want to use (SE). (...)
    I have to slot (SE), a skill I don't want to use, to get Major Sorcery, which is basically mandatory for mag sorc. Then I have to slot Crit Surge to get decent self heals. So an already cramped bar is even more so now. (...)
    We are forced to use a skill for heals that buffs something our class doesn't use (weapon damage).(...)

Amen to this.
    It is absolutely ludicrous that magicka SORCERER just lost major SORCERY (in the DD/tank roles at least).

Using entropy, a single-target DoT, makes even less sense when you consider that magicka sorcerer is a heavily AoE-oriented class (in PvE).
    The majority of Sorc class skills are either AoEs, or at least have an AoE component to them. That's part of the class identity, which is rapidly being eroded now.

Instead of entropy, I'd much rather slot another AoE spammable or AoE DoT (for example, Impulse with Blackrose destro). At least for all non-bossfights. I play on PC where you can switch gear/skill sets with a single keypress, so using separate builds for bosses (single-target) and trashmobs (AoE) is a non-issue for me.

The solution is simple... ZOS should add the Major Sorcery buff to Crit Surge, and probably also to Surge (unmorphed skill).
    Alternatively, make Surge into what the old Power Surge was, and keep the current form of Crit Surge (therefore sacrificing Major Sorcery for a stronger heal), so then magsorcs would run the unmorphed skill instead. Either way would solve the problem just fine.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sorc is running out of magic, has less survivability, and can't heal himself as well. Thanks for my new farming alt.

Please undo all of these unwarranted changes.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, after doing a bit of everything...

Trials- more or less fine. Didnt notice much DPS loss; it´s noticeable on trash (AOE) but its better on ST. Using Empowered Shield to improve players mag regen. Not real healing. Still it´s very painful to be pressing EVERY key of the skill keys, as not using spammable.

Dungeons - a bit more bursty than my petsorc so in some phases is better, but much worse overall survability and now cant heal other players - i admit it was too good and could join as healer on most vet dungeons, but the nerf now simply puts Matriarch on the bank.

VMA - total disaster. Could finish it np but dying more and having more issues. Went from 550k to 420k. Before patch, i went there with 21k health, 51k mag, bad regen but using HAs (AOE) had zero mag issues. Monster offensive set (Maw of the Guardian). Now, i go with 17k health, 34k mag, good sustain due using Witchmother drink instead of blue food, False God instead of Necropotence. DPS is worse as need to spend more time using shields (empowered, couldnt sustain Hardened) and having one less pet is also noticeable. Oh! And dont have any way of healing volatile so he always end up dying, he doesnt get out of combat ever, i need to recast it. Still using Purge but now Critical. Much harder to follow tactics having to apply dots on every mob. Using defensive monster set (first Chudan, also used Iceheart).

All gold gear. All maxed skills.

So conclussion: despite having fun on choosing new gear/skills/testing, sorc gameplay is now for me much less enjoyable. Playing most classes and now sorc is the one which gives oneself more effort on waving/selection of skills. There is no rest at all, its not compared with any other class. I dont think my Sorc was better at all before patch than most DD classes, specially stamina ones, but at least it was very pleasant to play with. Now, its not.

Will keep playing Sorc but way less than my other toons. My stam sorc is really promising! And if cloak and dots stay this way, planning to build a magblade, they´re invincible now in PvP doing dots at 28 meters then Cloak at that distance (no real counter and such distance, once they notice you start to move to them, one-two dots then Cloak. They change position and start again. Ive put dots on them too but Cloak eats them. As i said, on a good player, they´re top.)
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a Pet Sorc since day one I feel degraded now, the fun is gone.
    "Play as you want" is obviously "Play as ZOS wants you to play" now.

• Cathrisa
    Cathrisa
    Soul Shriven
    So I have tried to play my MagSorc DD for a while now, and I have two big pains due to the Scalebreaker update

1) Unlike other classes, there is nothing left to increase sustain other than buff-potions: Shields have lost much of their power. The only good self-heal I had was from Power Surge. But that is now procing only on critical heals, but then there is nothing to actually do critical heals, except with a healing staff. So it is not for DDs.
    Critical Surge could do, but has a bonus for weapon damage only (not magic damage). So that ability has "not for scorcerers" written all over it.

2) The update seems to favour DoT instead of AoE. But that move got no support for the sorcerer class. AoE got nerf'ed, but there is no help with DoT.

I think I strongly disagree with the move to make all classes similar. Scorcerers almost feel like a melee char now. The "magic" is gone in every sense of the word. But of course there is the option to ditch a class - maybe changing to a Magplar will avoid the missing love of the developers for Magsorcs. Less classes will definitely make chars more comparable, but I am afraid will also make ESO less interesting.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathrisa wrote: »
    Critical Surge (...) So that ability has "not for magicka scorcerers" written all over it.
    There, fixed that for you.
    2) The update seems to favour DoT instead of AoE. But that move got no support for the sorcerer class. AoE got nerf'ed, but there is no help with DoT.
    Yeah, I agree that's a major problem: most of the Sorc class toolkit are AoEs, especially AoE DoTs, which got nerfed quite hard this patch.
    Nerfing the Twilight's damage was also a step in the wrong direction, as far as PvE is concerned :neutral:

Magplar is a more single-target oriented class, there's some AoE capability but not nearly as great as Sorc before Scalebreaker patch.
    Also jabs/sweeps got nerfed quite hard now, with the so-called "camera control change": when trying to hit moving enemies, most of the hits will now miss completely, which wasn't the case before Scalebreaker nerfs. (try fighting a Grievous Twilight in the Imperial City, that illustrates the point very well)
    I think I strongly disagree with the move to make all classes similar. (...) Less classes will definitely make chars more comparable, but I am afraid will also make ESO less interesting.
    It's not just Sorc; all magicka classes are now almost identical as far as meta builds go. Just a bunch of DoTs with maybe 2 or 3 class skills at most. All of these builds use entropy and soultrap...

We had this kind of problem for years with stamina builds (weapon skills >>> class skills), now magicka builds are also afflicted with this new blandness :(
    Edited by Major_Lag on August 18, 2019 5:40PM
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭

Trials- more or less fine. Didnt notice much DPS loss; it´s noticeable on trash (AOE) but its better on ST. Using Empowered Shield to improve players mag regen. Not real healing. Still it´s very painful to be pressing EVERY key of the skill keys, as not using spammable.

Dungeons - a bit more bursty than my petsorc so in some phases is better, but much worse overall survability and now cant heal other players - i admit it was too good and could join as healer on most vet dungeons, but the nerf now simply puts Matriarch on the bank.

VMA - total disaster. Could finish it np but dying more and having more issues. Went from 550k to 420k. Before patch, i went there with 21k health, 51k mag, bad regen but using HAs (AOE) had zero mag issues. Monster offensive set (Maw of the Guardian). Now, i go with 17k health, 34k mag, good sustain due using Witchmother drink instead of blue food, False God instead of Necropotence. DPS is worse as need to spend more time using shields (empowered, couldnt sustain Hardened) and having one less pet is also noticeable. Oh! And dont have any way of healing volatile so he always end up dying, he doesnt get out of combat ever, i need to recast it. Still using Purge but now Critical. Much harder to follow tactics having to apply dots on every mob. Using defensive monster set (first Chudan, also used Iceheart).

So conclussion: despite having fun on choosing new gear/skills/testing, sorc gameplay is now for me much less enjoyable. Playing most classes and now sorc is the one which gives oneself more effort on waving/selection of skills. There is no rest at all, its not compared with any other class. I dont think my Sorc was better at all before patch than most DD classes, specially stamina ones, but at least it was very pleasant to play with. Now, its not.

Will keep playing Sorc but way less than my other toons. My stam sorc is really promising! And if cloak and dots stay this way, planning to build a magblade, they´re invincible now in PvP doing dots at 28 meters then Cloak at that distance (no real counter and such distance, once they notice you start to move to them, one-two dots then Cloak. They change position and start again. Ive put dots on them too but Cloak eats them. As i said, on a good player, they´re top.)
    well I don’t feel as bad about my sorc 420k run yesterday reading that haha. That was 10 deaths and 1 d/c which included a death to get that score for me

• Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »

well I don’t feel as bad about my sorc 420k run yesterday reading that haha. That was 10 deaths and 1 d/c which included a death to get that score for me

I guess we all will do good after some time getting on, but what we cannot deny is that there is a dropping curve on class effectiveness. Most of the times in MA is more about being comfortable than anything, i just noticed that my old strategies didnt work as i wasnt able to put same damage hence mobs survived longer, and that mobs dropped me faster to low health. I just got some advantage on some phases as my build now is more bursty than my old one. But in anyways it´s a loss. Lvling a stamsorc for doing MA next time.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost maxed out level and can't pass vMA as a mag sorc. Keep having to use Structured Entropy which is basically useless for damage and healing, but even more so in vMA, just to get Major Sorcery. The damage and healing it does are too weak, and takes so long to happen, that I'm dead before even killing a small mob of adds. Nevermind the stronger enemies. Can't slot a shield as there's no room since I need the space for Crit. Surge also just to stay alive and Boundless Storm for the AOE, speed, and resists. That leaves just the ult skill and 2 dps skills whether they're AOE or single-target. It's just not enough. And that's without slotting something like Inner Light which can buff me and I need because Mag Sorc is just so under-powered now. It's more difficult to get buffs now, It's more difficult to heal, and therefore stay alive or pass any difficult solo content. Just trying to stay alive long enough to do a little bit of damage takes up the whole time in vMA. I can't really do much damage at all. HATE the latest changes.
    Edited by malistorr on August 19, 2019 10:03PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess we all will do good after some time getting on, but what we cannot deny is that there is a dropping curve on class effectiveness. Most of the times in MA is more about being comfortable than anything, i just noticed that my old strategies didnt work as i wasnt able to put same damage hence mobs survived longer, and that mobs dropped me faster to low health. I just got some advantage on some phases as my build now is more bursty than my old one. But in anyways it´s a loss. Lvling a stamsorc for doing MA next time.

Lol, tbh i am actually reverting to my old strategies xd, to my 550 cp ago strategies of "cant nuke dat gotta prioritize some ***"
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost maxed out level and can't pass vMA as a mag sorc. Keep having to use Structured Entropy which is basically useless for damage and healing, but even more so in vMA, just to get Major Sorcery. The damage and healing it does are too weak, and takes so long to happen, that I'm dead before even killing a small mob of adds. Nevermind the stronger enemies. Can't slot a shield as there's no room since I need the space for Crit. Surge also just to stay alive and Boundless Storm for the AOE, speed, and resists. That leaves just the ult skill and 2 dps skills whether they're AOE or single-target. It's just not enough. And that's without slotting something like Inner Light which can buff me and I need because Mag Sorc is just so under-powered now. It's more difficult to get buffs now, It's more difficult to heal, and therefore stay alive or pass any difficult solo content. Just trying to stay alive long enough to do a little bit of damage takes up the whole time in vMA. I can't really do much damage at all. HATE the latest changes.

Fortified Brass + Lich + Bone Pirate (1 Heavy, 1 Medium) - food: Solitude Salmon Filet more (+5395 Health and +4936 Magika) or similar. This leaves space for 2 slots extra so you can use master staff or malestrom staf Ez mode for most levels. Still hits plenty hard enough. I am going to run a couple more times, I rotate sets to 1 with a higher DPS for some levels so might not be the best for all levels. You don't need so much resistance for first 2 levels at least

I don't bother with AOE but could be worth it with malestrom staff and wall of elements. I sacrificed that so I could put streak on my back bar which I only use rarely in 2 of the levels.

Prob best to run maelstrom staff and you can use abilities like below.

Regen isn't the best since max stat food being used but its good for added damage and means its a lot harder to get a quick death to something like the boss bite on one of the levels.

Front Bar:
    Crystal Frag
    Hardned Ward
    Crushing shock
    Structured Entropy
    Mage light (higher crit + max magika)

Back Bar:
    Wall of elements
    Critical Surge or Defensive rune.
    Healing ward
    Boundless Storm
    Rapid Regen

Healing ultimate
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Lol, tbh i am actually reverting to my old strategies xd, to my 550 cp ago strategies of "cant nuke dat gotta prioritize some ***"

Actually, doing it now is more like "veteran Maelstrom Arena Hardome" and we have to be keener and pay more attention than ever. Not that i need to go back (still missing Lightning Staff but doesnt synergize as well as FIre with LAs) but im planning to do it next week with a different/old setup: Necro, MS, Maw and HA sustain, 2 pets (vollatile/tormentor) and just 1-2 new dots. Doing it the hard way. Let´s see what happens.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I felt that after the patch vMA became harder for me. I got to the last boss and could not beat him (did two vet runs already).

There are two approaches: you can go for max dps and kill stuff before it kills you, or you can go for a lot of survivability by using the 1 bar build, or using very strong defensive sets, like Chudan, Armor Master, F. Brass, etc.

But obviously you need to adapt. I got annoyed with the changes and gave up on finishing the last arena after the patch. I have one vMA staff, 2 pairs of flurry.. I am fine with that. I really felt the pet was doing almost no damage...
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (sorry double reply)
    Edited by kind_hero on August 20, 2019 7:55AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭

Fortified Brass + Lich + Bone Pirate (1 Heavy, 1 Medium) - food: Solitude Salmon Filet more (+5395 Health and +4936 Magika) or similar. This leaves space for 2 slots extra so you can use master staff or malestrom staf Ez mode for most levels. Still hits plenty hard enough. I am going to run a couple more times, I rotate sets to 1 with a higher DPS for some levels so might not be the best for all levels. You don't need so much resistance for first 2 levels at least

I don't bother with AOE but could be worth it with malestrom staff and wall of elements. I sacrificed that so I could put streak on my back bar which I only use rarely in 2 of the levels.

Prob best to run maelstrom staff and you can use abilities like below.

Regen isn't the best since max stat food being used but its good for added damage and means its a lot harder to get a quick death to something like the boss bite on one of the levels.

Front Bar:
    Crystal Frag
    Hardned Ward
    Crushing shock
    Structured Entropy
    Mage light (higher crit + max magika)

Back Bar:
    Wall of elements
    Healing ward
    Boundless Storm
    Rapid Regen

Healing ultimate

Doesnt work. You cant put Wall of Elements of Rapid Regen on the same bar - one owns to Destro Staff skill line and the other owns to Resto Staff skill line - hence you must slot one of either.

I doubt Resto staff was good for magsorc MA tbh. But up to any one...
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back Bar:
    Wall of elements
    Healing ward
    Boundless Storm
    Rapid Regen

Healing ultimate

Plz tell me more how u slot a resto staff and a destro staff at the same time on back bar, i want to use this exploi ... feature, to use this feature as well.