Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

💀 DOTS Megathread 💀

MisterBigglesworth
MisterBigglesworth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭
640px-Tootsie-Roll-Dots-Candy.jpg
Edited by MisterBigglesworth on August 22, 2019 9:05PM
Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

💀 DOTS Megathread 💀 271 votes

Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
43%
vailjohn_ESOdarthgummibear_ESOExpertdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOkaithuzarjonathanb16_ESOSarousseUlfgardeSimen.askeland89b16_ESOLauranaekickback120ub17_ESOYukon2112Shareexenowarrior92eb17_ESOkojouvalidifyedneb18_ESOWolfpawIdinuseCouslynosecookie 118 votes
No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
56%
akredon_ESOBowserBigBraggxMovingTargetquadraxis666RikumaruDavadinbigdavid11b16_ESOdennissomb16_ESONebthet78VarisVarisInig0WingtechnohicJodynnBlobskyleeuxMicallefactoshAsys 153 votes
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, how are medium armor builds even supposed to cope... unknown.png

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention, my magsorc has 1% into thamuaturge cp....1%

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP that is ~13k damage over 12 seconds (unmitigated).
    When someone does PvP with 15k mag resist (which is pretty low) then it should be mitigating around 20% magic damage.
    13k x 0.8 = 10400 /12 = 866 /second

Not even taking target's defensive CP into the calculation.
    But I estimate, with this tool tip, you would, on average, do maybe 500 DPS on other players.

Or did I just step into the sarcasm trap :open_mouth:
    Edited by Slack on August 12, 2019 11:17PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, just maybe, you have to give up your 5k weapon damage and build into defense. And mag toons are equally impacted by this. The difference is mag toons have less stam to dodge actual burst from high damage combos.
    Edited by jaws343 on August 12, 2019 11:29PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    That's a little over 2k dps or 1k dps in pvp
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a little over 2k dps or 1k dps in pvp

Before resists....
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't think of any fight in Cyrodiil that ever went the full 12 seconds, either. Well, at least a fight that wasn't between 2 tanks.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Its sad someone really thinks this is overpowered. 26k over 12s?
    Onslaught can do this on hit

Even then its 13000dmg in pvp with CP. Lower your magicka by 20% (+food) and you may end at 11k in no-cp.

Then -26% for average armor (20k) And you end at 8,2k. Thats 600dps.

Its nothing, even stacked with other dots
    Edited by Anyron on August 13, 2019 4:17AM
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »
    In PvP that is ~13k damage over 12 seconds (unmitigated).
    When someone does PvP with 15k mag resist (which is pretty low) then it should be mitigating around 20% magic damage.
    13k x 0.8 = 10400 /12 = 866 /second

Not even taking target's defensive CP into the calculation.
    But I estimate, with this tool tip, you would, on average, do maybe 500 DPS on other players.

Or did I just step into the sarcasm trap :open_mouth:

You missed pen and crits. But I understand the point. Regardless, dots are doing more damage and players will feel the burn in pvp.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another post by a player who sits before a raid dummy with all buffs and showcases unviable tooltip of a single skill, just for lolz.

No info of sets, CP, buffs etc. Also not sure if you are trying to nerf entropy skill or are you trying to nerf magsorc xD or both birds in a single stone :thinking:
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    Another post by a player who sits before a raid dummy with all buffs and showcases unviable tooltip of a single skill, just for lolz.

No info of sets, CP, buffs etc. Also not sure if you are trying to nerf entropy skill or are you trying to nerf magsorc xD or both birds in a single stone :thinking:

That is just slightly above my unbuffed tooltip. With just major sorcery mine goes up to 30k.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭

gonna repost my comment from another thread a week ago

Here's a quick build I put together on PTS that should be at least a little viable in pvp. First Screenshot/tooltips are mostly cheese (apprentice mundus, nirn staff, divines gear, mag glyphs), second is all impen, atronarch mundus, prismatic glyphs, skoria instead of grothdarr, etc.

cheese:

2HA00jD.png

(could have been a bit higher with mara instead of witchmothers)

mostly viable:

sAr8Gku.png

both are with buffs up/pet out for necropotence buff. this was really easy to do, this gear is really accessible, etc. this is close to what you'll be up against as stam in pvp. also, i could have pushed my max mag higher with inner light on my bar but i thought that was a bit much.

edit: even if i switch my other 4 small glyphs to prismatics and transmute my rings to triune (23k health, 14k stam, still 43k mag), my tooltip on degeneration is 35k, soul trap is 30k, rapid regen is 21.9k, which is still pretty high. also i forgot to slot mystic siphon on my front bar where my dots were, which would have been an extra 3% damage.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, you have to give up your 5k weapon damage and build into defense. And mag toons are equally impacted by this. The difference is mag toons have less stam to dodge actual burst from high damage combos.

Its 2019
    You clearly heard about damage shields
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh the good ol’ I don’t play any stamina builds standby. Bruh just like maybe don’t build for 5k weapon damage. What the sweaty mag bois don’t realize is that if you don’t build for high wpn damage and/or stam your heals will be junk on most classes outside of stamina DK due to major mending. Also very very few stamina builds have anywhere near 5K wpn damage going. That’s usually if every single proc lines up at the same time. A much more realistic range is 3.5-4.2k.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭

New vigor is NOT strong enough to cover the healing of old Vigor + Rally so stamina heals are down over all DoT damage is much higher this patch and that’s just one DoT yeah it’s about 1K by CP damage buffs are balanced with the resistance buff so you can’t power up DoTs by 10% and I can cut DoTs damage by 10% so this will cancel out more often then not.

If you go for more defense your heals and damage will be weak, and if you have a good mix of tanks and power your sustain will be trash. So the smartest move would be be build a max damage build, or a Heavy DPS build.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New vigor is NOT strong enough to cover the healing of old Vigor + Rally so stamina heals are down over all DoT damage is much higher this patch and that’s just one DoT yeah it’s about 1K by CP damage buffs are balanced with the resistance buff so you can’t power up DoTs by 10% and I can cut DoTs damage by 10% so this will cancel out more often then not.

If you go for more defense your heals and damage will be weak, and if you have a good mix of tanks and power your sustain will be trash. So the smartest move would be be build a max damage build, or a Heavy DPS build.

And just to add 1k damage per second is not insignificant. Take a few dots like that and you’re talking about 3k damage per second without trying never mind any direct damage. A good frag can hit medium armor for 6k. Line that all up and things get out of hand fast.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You forgot to take spell resistance, Battle Spirit, and CP into account. Even in no CP, spell resists and Battle Spirit lower the damage a bit.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Sheesh, how are we ever gonna survive the slow killer ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

So, Vigor doesn't cut it ? Can't use the fighters' guild healing circle because it's not strong enough / you need to remain mobile ? Can't be arsed slotting class heals when you have them (if you have them) ?

Well, bring a bow. You have a spammable shot that heals for at least half the amount of that Dot's overall damage, each time it lands. The heal effect is no longer dependant on crowd control effect.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »
    Sheesh, how are we ever gonna survive the slow killer ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

So, Vigor doesn't cut it ? Can't use the fighters' guild healing circle because it's not strong enough / you need to remain mobile ? Can't be arsed slotting class heals when you have them (if you have them) ?

Well, bring a bow. You have a spammable shot that heals for at least half the amount of that Dot's overall damage, each time it lands. The heal effect is no longer dependant on crowd control effect.

On the plus side, if we have to slot 3-4 heals maybe people won't have the barspace to run those 28m undodgeable DoTs.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look mama how exploiters are defending those dots which are clearly op.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    ecru wrote: »

gonna repost my comment from another thread a week ago

Here's a quick build I put together on PTS that should be at least a little viable in pvp. First Screenshot/tooltips are mostly cheese (apprentice mundus, nirn staff, divines gear, mag glyphs), second is all impen, atronarch mundus, prismatic glyphs, skoria instead of grothdarr, etc.

cheese:

2HA00jD.png

(could have been a bit higher with mara instead of witchmothers)

mostly viable:

sAr8Gku.png

both are with buffs up/pet out for necropotence buff. this was really easy to do, this gear is really accessible, etc. this is close to what you'll be up against as stam in pvp. also, i could have pushed my max mag higher with inner light on my bar but i thought that was a bit much.

edit: even if i switch my other 4 small glyphs to prismatics and transmute my rings to triune (23k health, 14k stam, still 43k mag), my tooltip on degeneration is 35k, soul trap is 30k, rapid regen is 21.9k, which is still pretty high. also i forgot to slot mystic siphon on my front bar where my dots were, which would have been an extra 3% damage.

Medium Armor Build is dead.
    Even Heavy Armor Build may loser.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isnt necessarily that skill alone, it can be comboed with other skills with similar or higher tooltips than that, easily. And if you have more people with similar builds in the immediate area, there's a certain playstyle that is completely countered and will suffer too hard for it. (medium). On builds that focus on dot dmg the tooltip of degeneration can easily surpass 30k, add other skills with similar dmg and...yea. Well this is just my opinion.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad im not pvping at the moment
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MirkoZ wrote: »
    Look mama how exploiters are defending those dots which are clearly op.

How in the name of all eight divines and unborn Talos is using dots that were buffed by Zos exploiting. Hecking pvpers, I swear.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My group is thinking about taking 3 months off PvP, this is the worst meta in a while.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think its specifically the tooltips on the skill that's a problem its the fact that there are so many easily accessible strong dots this patch that are too good to not slot. Anytime you are outnumbered in pvp every player will instantly put these dots on you from range as their opening attack and you're instantly under a lot of pressure.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone post rending slashes tooltip? :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t go crying for the buffed single target dots to be nerfed when yall had a month and a half to cry about em and give feedback on the PTS. I’m looking you, whiny pvpers. A 22k+ dot tooltip isn’t what they would be in pvp, when you take halved damage from Battle Spirit, Spell/Physical resists lower their damage on you, debuffs put onto the player casting them, and mitigation from Champion Points into consideration.

Don’t ask for more nerfs when it was your guys’ crying that nerfed pvers a bit.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on August 13, 2019 11:48AM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Soul Trap + Entropy. You ought to start getting them fully leveled, if you haven't already. Welcome to DOT-breaker.
    Edited by Donny_Vito on August 13, 2019 11:51AM
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this thread is gonna go swimmingly
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe