Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• almightyalfo
    almightyalfo
    ✭✭✭
    They don't give a solitary damn about what you think and what you want. As long as you're giving them money everything is going to be okay. Therefore, it's really pointless for you to write all these long posts, do you really think they'll read it with remorse? smfh.

Just stop paying them, that's the only thing you can do to at least shake them up a bit.
    Also, I unsubbed today from ESO+, so tyvm ZoS for this unpleasant experience this past months.
    Edited by almightyalfo on July 26, 2019 1:42PM
    PC-EU
    Daggerfall Covenant only

My Characters [All CP 810+]:
    Aeriel Nightvale (Bosmer StamDK) - "Stormproof" - Crafter
    Ranzaiq Longclaw (Khajiit StamPlar) - "The Merciless" - Stamina DD (PVE/PVP)
    Freiya Winterborn (Nord StamDen) - "Paragon" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Rayna the Desecrator (Dunmer StamNecro) - "Sunspire Saint" - Stamina DD (PVE)
    Heals-Many-Scars (Argonian MagPlar) - "Sunspire Saint" - Healer (PVE)
    Burgdul gro-Burek (Orc StamDK) - "Thane of Falkreath" - Tank (PVE)
    Erisa gro-Burek (Orc StamSorc) - "Orderly" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Auguste Valeine (Breton MagPlar) - "Stormproof" - Magicka DD (PVE)
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The state of EU server seriously needs a change, most of my friends list have left due to the state of the game at the moment: (unresolved bugs/issues/lag/pvp 'changes'.

Player-Admin relationship seems really thin in this game. We are talking about Elder Scrolls, the fan base is massive and personal. Change some employees ZOS and get back on track creating trust once more.

It feels like we are talking to an ISP phone service centre.
  • gezginrocker
    gezginrocker
    ✭✭✭
    Cyroodil totally unplayable tonight, again.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight on EU CP is another night of .. Cant bar swap, cant dodge roll, cant kill, cant be killed, cant take keeps only defend, cant play.
    500 - 999+ Latency , 10 FPS on a high end gaming rig.
    But the 2 big full Blue zergs can run around doing their zergy stuff fine.. do they get priority because they're in a group ?

I REALLY hope to see improvements soon, I've already lost a lot of friends from pvp already who have left because its unplayable.

Its quite sad really, i know the game is a business and they want to only make money - i see that it will probs cost more than they want to spend to fix the lag. But talking about it isn't fixing it. Most players don't come to the forums to read about what Matt Firor has to say. Most players log on. see ball zergs crapping the server to death unable to do a thing and leave the game.. or at leased leave pvp. If i was to leave the game the number one reason would be performance - being unable to play at a competitive level.

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrm wrote: »
    Something I noticed yesterday when I was battering an enemy with my cudgel; sometimes when I swiped at him there would be no sign of any hit. No noise, no red bar. Nothing. It was as if I were hitting thin air. Not sure if that is a bug or simply him just shrugging off my feeble attack. :D

Like this ....

https://youtu.be/s7e-5CjFIQM

It's made me reduce my playing to one day a week now for 3 to 4 hours a day
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    Just read the article from the ESO website "ESO’S PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS PLAN"

And to sum up, you will fix the bugs introduced with the Elsweyr Chapter during Spring/Summer 2020. Nice planning, we can all stop paying ESO subs until then :)
    Edited by Zedrian on July 30, 2019 3:22PM
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like SCAM to keep a live subs $$$ from players that still hope to improve performance.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zedrian wrote: »
    Just read the article from the ESO website "ESO’S PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS PLAN"

And to sum up, you will fix the bugs introduced with the Elsweyr Chapter during Spring/Summer 2020. Nice planning, we can all stop paying ESO subs until then :)
    Yep, this was my reaction too. Especially since the server latency issues are mostly labelled "investigative" and they seem to be saying this might not get fixed at all if the investigation doesn't look good:
    • Q2 2020: Server optimization & stability
    • Server optimizations are being investigated and assessed, with the focus on CPU and Bandwidth usage on the server—especially on the combat handler and messaging.

There’s a ton of stuff to do and as time progresses, you should expect that some of these items may change—especially the investigative tasks since we aren’t 100% sure what will be uncovered.
    Summer 2020 is a looooooong time to wait, for an issue that has affected the game for far too long already, especially if it comes with the caveat "also, we might not do anything about it anyway."

Glad I cancelled my sub last month, and this just means I won't be re-subbing for at least a year. You can consider my resub process as being investigated and assessed, ZOS. It might be subject to change, since I'm not 100% sure what will be uncovered.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Summer 2020 is a looooooong time to wait, for an issue that has affected the game for far too long already, especially if it comes with the caveat "also, we might not do anything about it anyway."

If you stop and consider this whole subject and everything they have been saying, they have likely been working on these changes for quite a while. The delivery dates might be spread out over the next year, but we are coming in at the end.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I logged in at 5 AM and there is zero lag, bar swap is immediate and abilities work like clock, zero FPS drops with extremely high graphic settings. Plz tell me what is wrong with my PC and internet connection, I want similar performance in the evening :bawling:

And in the evening bar swap barely working, screen freezes periodically, picture jerky and laggy even with turned off shadows/reflections etc :bawling:
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cążki wrote: »
    Some people digging deeper and we almost know EU Megaserer or client is not in EU but in USA. :( iit's disgusting news.

I was telling this loooong ago, when i started the game for the first time i felt smth wrong here, cuz my inet connection is very good like 1ms ping to server and 100mb/s, even after this i got 130+ ping from Armenia to so called EU server which should have been located about 2500km away... zos sucks extremely hard...
    KoultouraS wrote: »
    Trying to convince the Devs that their product will fail unless they start to pay attention to what the playerbase is concerned about, is a lost cause at this point.

I hope this company crushes and burns in future to come, as I can't think a better way to be compensated for the beyond humanly possible to accept indecency they have put all of us through.

Now go ahead and delete this.

+1
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I logged in at 5 AM and there is zero lag, bar swap is immediate and abilities work like clock, zero FPS drops with extremely high graphic settings. Plz tell me what is wrong with my PC and internet connection, I want similar performance in the evening :bawling:

And in the evening bar swap barely working, screen freezes periodically, picture jerky and laggy even with turned off shadows/reflections etc :bawling:

Nothing is wrong with your setup, but the server had almost zero people online - and it's not true in the evening.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

Nothing is wrong with your setup, but the server had almost zero people online - and it's not true in the evening.

Which is rather contradictory, not to say sad, for a AAA MMORPG.
    Edited by Idinuse on August 7, 2019 4:09PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

To be honest when people talk about "engine limitations" or whatever this is just LOL. Even if game code doesn't allow to have more players on same server, devs could just do what all other MMO and MMORPG done so many times. CREATE MORE SERVERS.

For example there is Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia. Create new "Asia" server (even if it will be in Germany near PC EU megaserver physically). Create account copies like for PTS, do this once in 3 months during update, allow player to select server after each update and then keep copy on selected server but delete on other. Problem solved.

I'm sure every new employee of ZOS suggests this wherever they discuss performance issues. It's simple fact that Bethesda doesn't want to invest anything in the game with exception of what can be directly sold. And given that nowadays you can lease servers this is even more strange.
    I think our only hope is fact that absolutely every game released by Bethesda in last year was complete commercial failure (mb with exception of mobile Blades), they will change their strategy of development.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest when people talk about "engine limitations" or whatever this is just LOL. Even if game code doesn't allow to have more players on same server, devs could just do what all other MMO and MMORPG done so many times. CREATE MORE SERVERS.

For example there is Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia. Create new "Asia" server (even if it will be in Germany near PC EU megaserver physically). Create account copies like for PTS, do this once in 3 months during update, allow player to select server after each update and then keep copy on selected server but delete on other. Problem solved.

I'm sure every new employee of ZOS suggests this wherever they discuss performance issues. It's simple fact that Bethesda doesn't want to invest anything in the game with exception of what can be directly sold. And given that nowadays you can lease servers this is even more strange.
    I think our only hope is fact that absolutely every game released by Bethesda in last year was complete commercial failure (mb with exception of mobile Blades), they will change their strategy of development.

Do you work in IT? Guess not
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    todokete wrote: »

I work in IT which manages much higher amount of data and much crucial data - dozens of millions of mobile subscribers, which are active daily, not 13 millions copied sold over 5 years. And those subscribers somehow even move between different countries, changing their "server" dozen times a day in a trip. Free. And somehow we manage upgrading our servers regularly and without service interruption (if everything goes as planned).

But this really doesn't matter, just open WoW and look at amount of servers and availability to transfer characters between those servers. Bethesda/ZOS simply don't see point investing in ESO.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    todokete wrote: »

I work in IT which manages much higher amount of data and much crucial data - dozens of millions of mobile subscribers, which are active daily, not 13 millions copied sold over 5 years. And those subscribers somehow even move between different countries, changing their "server" dozen times a day in a trip. Free. And somehow we manage upgrading our servers regularly and without service interruption (if everything goes as planned).

But this really doesn't matter, just open WoW and look at amount of servers and availability to transfer characters between those servers. Bethesda/ZOS simply don't see point investing in ESO.

True, so at this point can we say game gonna die?
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know right. ZOS' response is always "we want the servers to feel populated". The problem is, if they shed a whole bunch of players in a given region because the performance is so bad they sure as hell aren't going to feel populated. Besides, like I've mentioned before, there is no reason the system couldn't have been designed with global account, store, guilds, chat and group finding options etc but with regionally sharded instances for dungeons, trials and PvP. Or even zones that dynamically regionally shard when there is enough population. Of course, a system like that would probably be a lot more complex than what they currently have and given the current problems I'm not convinced they'd have the resources to pull it off. One day someone is going to create a network like this tho and when they do it will blow the competition out of the water.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • jo24
    jo24
    ✭✭
    It‘s sad to see how many people don‘t want zu accept how the world works. This company won‘t give a single *** when you unsub: even worse, you know how such companies work at Management-Level? Some Smart guys see the numbers an interprate „we got less active players in pvp, lets focus more on the other parts“. If your company is facing multiple problems(like any Big Company in the world) you will always care for your preferred customers first: and believe me, the pvpers are far from that status.
    Ofc the problems are fixable, every problem is if you take just enough money, but its simple cheaper to ignore the bugs and deal with some lost customers.
    Thats how things work. You will Never convince your Manager to invest a lot of Money for something just bcs „some pvpers might come back with their little sub“ if you have the option to get ALOT more Money with some easy to realize content like mounts and skins... its all about numbers.
    So what do you think: will the Performance in pvp ever get to a level where you could enjoy playing?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have unsubbed, and play about 90% less in ESO untill the lag is fixed.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The server is haunted by demons.
    Bring someone Constantine.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all of this is turning into a meme imo
  • ryh
    ryh
    ✭✭✭
    I have unsubbed, and play about 90% less in ESO untill the lag is fixed.

I did it about year ago. Still log in ar events etc. but play much less than before and looks like because of that probally will abandon ESO soon, maybe to play AoC or anything new.
    As a ESO fan from beta I just see that ZOS do not enought for all this years to fix problems. Instead of that they create more problems.

Its sad for me because I really like concept of this game.

• DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disgrace of servers, disgrace of customer service for a company that size.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_MattFiror. Any word on why EU's guild trader auction derailed horribly while NA seemed to go without a hitch?

Once again, here we are with EU having to suffer through issues that don't seem to affect NA. EU servers have ground to a halt before, which motivated this and other pinned threads and a few more or less vague responses from the dev team, stating ZOS was taking action before the issues started affecting NA as well. In the past there have been other instances where EU got the shaft, but not NA.

Is EU unprofitable? Are you even interested in hosting the game in EU anymore, other than to sell more crowns and crates? This is an honest question. I can't believe you have let us down yet again, while NA for some reason gets to breeze through unaffected. I have no ill will against NA, but I'd like to understand the reason for this difference. An honest answer, not PR platitudes.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_MattFiror. Any word on why EU's guild trader auction derailed horribly while NA seemed to go without a hitch?

Once again, here we are with EU having to suffer through issues that don't seem to affect NA. EU servers have ground to a halt before, which motivated this and other pinned threads and a few more or less vague responses from the dev team, stating ZOS was taking action before the issues started affecting NA as well. In the past there have been other instances where EU got the shaft, but not NA.

Is EU unprofitable? Are you even interested in hosting the game in EU anymore, other than to sell more crowns and crates? This is an honest question. I can't believe you have let us down yet again, while NA for some reason gets to breeze through unaffected. I have no ill will against NA, but I'd like to understand the reason for this difference. An honest answer, not PR platitudes.

+1 but anyway Matt wont give a ***
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    for love of the god please take care of pc eu disaster of august 18th night
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror you should check if your devs are enough competent to pay them for the work they are doing.
  • Sunderhall
    Sunderhall
    ✭✭
    EU players = 2nd class customers = no reason to pay for your crap