The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The problem with faction lock for the veteran PvP players

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    At least you all who play CP campaigns have a choice, no cp has no other server.

#UnlockNoCP #OpenAnotherNoCPServer

We don’t though, shor is dead. 97% of the time and if it’s not dead it’s literally 1 raid or 2 PvDooring

In my humble opinion, then maybe instead of waiting in que some guilds should home there? But, that is just my opinion and I don’t have a guild and I don’t play cp so... just saying.

I would like an option at least for us to try it on.
    Better yet just reverse faction locks!

EP has no prime time queue on neo-Vivec right now. People are still in Elsewyr. I assume AD and DC don't have queues either.

I tried to shore up (no pun intended) 7 day for a couple of years. For reasons that escape me, the only people who want to play on Shor now want to PvDoor or do the pve quests. If you go there alone, you can generally expect 12-15 yellows to chase you all over the map. If you take a veteran group of players there, you faceroll everything. It pisses off the pvdoor crowd and is boring for the visitors.

If you play during non-prime, there isn't even a pvdoor group to fight.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    At least you all who play CP campaigns have a choice, no cp has no other server.

#UnlockNoCP #OpenAnotherNoCPServer

We don’t though, shor is dead. 97% of the time and if it’s not dead it’s literally 1 raid or 2 PvDooring

In my humble opinion, then maybe instead of waiting in que some guilds should home there? But, that is just my opinion and I don’t have a guild and I don’t play cp so... just saying.

I would like an option at least for us to try it on.
    Better yet just reverse faction locks!

EP has no prime time queue on neo-Vivec right now. People are still in Elsewyr. I assume AD and DC don't have queues either.

I tried to shore up (no pun intended) 7 day for a couple of years. For reasons that escape me, the only people who want to play on Shor now want to PvDoor or do the pve quests. If you go there alone, you can generally expect 12-15 yellows to chase you all over the map. If you take a veteran group of players there, you faceroll everything. It pisses off the pvdoor crowd and is boring for the visitors.

If you play during non-prime, there isn't even a pvdoor group to fight.

Fair enough, last time I was there I couldn’t stay connected to the server after getting through the que.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC NA (as per your signature) Vivec doesn't exist anymore... so, yeah there is no queue. No one is waiting to get in to a campaign that is gone.

If you are talking about Kaalgrontiid, that campaign was population-locked for all factions last night from at least 7 PM EDT to Midnight (when the AD dropped down to three bars). In that time, the EP was on its heels. Until the DC and AD started a bloody battle over Roebeck that seemed to allow EP to recover and go back on the offensive.
    Lethal zergling
  • poietin
    poietin
    ✭✭✭
    On PC NA (as per your signature) Vivec doesn't exist anymore... so, yeah there is no queue. No one is waiting to get in to a campaign that is gone.

If you are talking about Kaalgrontiid, that campaign was population-locked for all factions last night from at least 7 PM EDT to Midnight (when the AD dropped down to three bars). In that time, the EP was on its heels. Until the DC and AD started a bloody battle over Roebeck that seemed to allow EP to recover and go back on the offensive.

Dude do you really have nothing constructive to add but nitpick? he/she used the term neo-vivec because no one can be bothered to type out kaalgufsljtskfjsdf and everyone here understands what neo-vivec refers to.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poietin wrote: »
    everyone here understands what neo-vivec refers to.
    No, I don't think they would; the way he described it was not the way it is in reality. As I said, it was totally pop-locked for at least 5 hours last night, so he must have been referring to something else.
    Lethal zergling
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakno87 wrote: »
    Play on the 7 day campaigns problem solved! I don't see an issue here....

Show me where the 7 day No CP server is and I will home it.

#FreeNoCP

Show me the 7 day campaign that is populated and i might home that one.

As it stands 7 day campaigns hardly make any convincing argument because obviously people do not want to play there - for various reasons (the worse rewards - not that 30 day ones would be stellar - even though the 7 daycampaigns require more effort overall being one of them).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    [As it stands 7 day campaigns hardly make any convincing argument because obviously people do not want to play there - for various reasons
    Because they have no Faction Locks.
    Lethal zergling
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    everyone here understands what neo-vivec refers to.
    No, I don't think they would; the way he described it was not the way it is in reality. As I said, it was totally pop-locked for at least 5 hours last night, so he must have been referring to something else.

Can it, Toosk. You knew what I was talking about and so did everyone else. I said it didn't have a queue on EP. It didn't. Pop-locked != queue.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can it, Toosk. You knew what I was talking about and so did everyone else. I said it didn't have a queue on EP. It didn't. Pop-locked != queue.
    What is this queue you speak of? You mean, that waiting period between when you join ANY campaign and then you are notified that you are "Entering Cyrodiil..."?

Lethal zergling
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright I'm back from vaca and too much of the devil's nectar. Ready for more forum salt. Also hi @NirnStorm @ellahellabella @Elong @MipMip :)<3
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ks888 good to have you back Norri :) Hoping to play together soon again in a populated non-faction locked campaign! (when hopefully ZOS will remove the current faction locks and introduce some better solution, of which many have been proposed here and in other threads)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [As it stands 7 day campaigns hardly make any convincing argument because obviously people do not want to play there - for various reasons

Ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha aha ha ahah
    I... I just... I just can't read that guy.
    It's like he never played in Cyrodill before the second faction lock. 7 day campaigns were almost allways dead whether faction lock was in effect or not.

By the way: is there a way to add a private note to other forum members, like on friends list in game? Just in case I forget how many fallacies this guy has made. So that I allways knew that his opinion is meaningless.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 day campaigns were almost allways dead whether faction lock was in effect or not.
    Allways?

Lethal zergling
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 day campaigns were almost allways dead whether faction lock was in effect or not.
    Allways?
    There was a good 3-6 month period where haderus was cool. But essentially the 7 day camps were just faction buff servers that were dead.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    There was a good 3-6 month period where haderus was cool. But essentially the 7 day camps were just faction buff servers that were dead.
    Ohhh.... "always".
    Lethal zergling
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude do you really have nothing constructive to add but nitpick? he/she used the term neo-vivec because no one can be bothered to type out kaalgufsljtskfjsdf and everyone here understands what neo-vivec refers to.

@NBrookus I like that term of Neo-Vivec :smile: Will start using it too, instead of 'kaalgufsljtskfjsdf' :smile: (the idea of using the Dragon names is not bad in theory but not very practical)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why have they been dead atleast 18 months before faction locks got reintroduced?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭

Then why have they been dead atleast 18 months before faction locks got reintroduced?

Indeed, the 7 days campaigns are and have been simply dead. Which means that now there is no playable (=populated) Cyrodiil campaign(s) for multi faction players to play on, and none at all for non-cp multi faction players

And as the OP of this long thread says, many of the veteran, loyal long term ESO PvP players are multi faction players
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I was the only one making these arguments in faction lock request threads. Now there are strangely more people who seem to agree with me making their voices heard...

Reactionary as always, you fickle playerbase. Never change.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was also that weird moment in time where IC being open was determined by the map control on the 7-14 day campaigns (ie like 3 weeks a few yrs ago) where they were hopping. Since then though, as we've all talked about before, a 7-14 day camp maybe gets busy around primetime for like 2hrs, back when the queues were huge for all 3 sides, but then fizzles out quickly. If you play during the day, you're AP is gonna come from flipping rss out of absolute boredom.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock should have been a new optional campaign for those that want it.. instead the DEV's put it on the main campaigns.

The problem is not faction lock.. it's *** poor implementation by the dev team and imposing it on campaigns where it was NOT appropriate!
    Edited by Enkil on July 13, 2019 11:27PM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Faction lock should have been a new optional campaign for those that want it.. instead the DEV's put it on the main campaigns.

The problem is not faction lock.. it's *** poor implementation by the dev team and imposing it on campaigns where it was NOT appropriate!

Agree so much. It was not appropriate to impose it on the existing campaigns where many customers had paid for a game without faction lock.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride