The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for PvE DPS

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Further perspective from bow/bow:
    • DPS buffs to DoT damage have positive impact on VMA dual wield and no impact on bow/bow. Another gap increase.
    • New physical DoT in soul trap being ranged is nice addition to stam ranged arsenal. But difference between melee and range (like more weapon damage or existence of vma dual wield or bow passives having no impact on it) still cause increase in DPS gap.

You might wanna test that again. I tried the other day and saw dps increase when using vMA Dual Wield and new Soul Trap.

The ability behaves in a weird way, I'm pretty sure it's single target but "grabs" another target near the one you're targeting.

I dont think you know what you were answering to so I don't know how to reply to you.
  • VoidParticle
    VoidParticle
    ✭✭
    I don't think you understood that post. Soul Trap is new ranged Dot, which seems nice for Bow/Bow archer playstyle. However it is available to melee which already have higher weapon damage so it will do more, VMA DW buffs it further, and primary bow passives either don't affect SoulTrap(Hawkeye) or are weaker than DW passives(Accuracy).

A separate issue highlighted by this is how arena weapon sets buff weapon skills. But VMA DW buffs skills outside the weapon line. Causing it to overperform with the scaling of single target dots.

Yeah I did read that wrong. However Master's Bow allows for the same thing, using abilities outside the skill line and gaining damage.

They should allow Volley to be about same damage as live for only bow/bow users. Best way to do this is to increase Long Shots passive bonus. You'd have to revert Snipe buff, but you'd make bows work as intended, be weaker in the presence of a close enemy (unless they change something like scattershot to have a better effect at blasting an enemy away with increased damage), but able to use their own skills better than someone back baring it in melee range.

IIRC Volley and morphs had increased damage from Long Shots. The other thing nobody thinks about with bow/bow for damage is that Hawk's Eye passive is up 99%-100% of the time at max stacks. So yes DW and 2H can dish out better damage and bows look weak but abilities get buffed pretty decently from constant Hawk's Eye.

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you understood that post. Soul Trap is new ranged Dot, which seems nice for Bow/Bow archer playstyle. However it is available to melee which already have higher weapon damage so it will do more, VMA DW buffs it further, and primary bow passives either don't affect SoulTrap(Hawkeye) or are weaker than DW passives(Accuracy).

A separate issue highlighted by this is how arena weapon sets buff weapon skills. But VMA DW buffs skills outside the weapon line. Causing it to overperform with the scaling of single target dots.

Yeah I did read that wrong. However Master's Bow allows for the same thing, using abilities outside the skill line and gaining damage.

They should allow Volley to be about same damage as live for only bow/bow users. Best way to do this is to increase Long Shots passive bonus. You'd have to revert Snipe buff, but you'd make bows work as intended, be weaker in the presence of a close enemy (unless they change something like scattershot to have a better effect at blasting an enemy away with increased damage), but able to use their own skills better than someone back baring it in melee range.

IIRC Volley and morphs had increased damage from Long Shots. The other thing nobody thinks about with bow/bow for damage is that Hawk's Eye passive is up 99%-100% of the time at max stacks. So yes DW and 2H can dish out better damage and bows look weak but abilities get buffed pretty decently from constant Hawk's Eye.

Good point about Master Bow.

Hawkeye is just to make up for much lower weapon damage and the lack of class support. Unfortunately it forces further stacking into bow skills, as the only way to make up damage is by crutching on that passive.

You have no way to take advantage of melee executes at range, like melee use poison injection in melee. You have a significantly inferior trap skill from fighters guild. You have weaker damage from everything except dots from the Bow Line.

Its not like you cannot still do most content. It just got worse and it already wasn't good.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just linking this PvE DPS post I previously made. I just now learned that there's a dedicated PTS forum to this kind of thing, so I wanted to make sure that the information ended up being seen by the right developers:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484976/pts-week-1-comparing-back-bar-weapons-for-stam-dk-bow-vs-2h-sword#latest
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    After playing daily for 2-1/2 years and spending hundreds of dollars to support this game, since the Nerfmire massacre I have found my enthusiasm on a slow but steady spiral downward. The game itself rarely brings a smile to my face anymore. Now with this current avalanche of "visionary" changes I feel like my days are truly numbered. The devs may have terrific ideas about how to balance the numbers to meet their intellectual vision. But for me, what has been thrown completely out of balance in this endeavor is the most important of all, the ratio of fun to time invested. When these changes go live, and I have no doubt the devs will double down to support their vision despite the pleading and outcry, they will have stripped away far too much fun, and the time invested will not be worth the effort anymore.

You seem very upset with the changes and some emotion behind your words; but what exactly is bothering you about them, can you give quantitative and qualitative data to represent what your problems are?

I play ESO for the "fun" of it, an emotional response. These sweeping changes are not fun. So yes, my reaction is an emotional one.

These changes will have a very negative affect on middle tier players like myself. I've spent endless hours over the last 2 years working on rotations. 40-45k dps is the best I can do on a 6 mil dummy using Siroria, MS, Maelstrom staff, and cheese food. Put me in a raid situation where I'm dealing with mechanics, deaths, etc., and I'm about a 25 - 30k dps player. I've spent several hours testing dps on the PTS. I'm seeing about a 7-10k drop in dps. I work hard to be at the middle to lower tier on the vet trial progression groups I'm in. This will likely push me out of those groups as I hate the feeling of being a progressive hindrance. I worked for months trying to beat vMA. I finally did it with at pet sorc build. The gutting of AOE's and the Twilight pretty much killed the entire build. Yes, the Twilight was a bit OP...but the Sorc CLASS was not, so this change alone just feels punitive (an emotional sentiment shared by many people I know in the game).

Now you can cynically tell me to "git gud" as much as you want, but I'm as "gud" as I'm going to get. The totality of the gutting of AOE's, sustain through increased cost, significant decrease in dps and survivability, is a gut punch to players like myself. After 2-1/2 years of trying to improve and finally achieving a level of success, I feel like much of much my effort has been compromised. And for what? Balance? I play games to regain a sense of fun, control, and power I have lost in my life. These changes are likely to have a huge impact on the gains I've worked hard to achieve. So yes, I'm emotional.

I know my "emotional" response won't register a tick with the devs of this game. No one will care. But I'm far from alone in this regard. So I thought it was worth making a statement.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing daily for 2-1/2 years and spending hundreds of dollars to support this game, since the Nerfmire massacre I have found my enthusiasm on a slow but steady spiral downward. The game itself rarely brings a smile to my face anymore. Now with this current avalanche of "visionary" changes I feel like my days are truly numbered. The devs may have terrific ideas about how to balance the numbers to meet their intellectual vision. But for me, what has been thrown completely out of balance in this endeavor is the most important of all, the ratio of fun to time invested. When these changes go live, and I have no doubt the devs will double down to support their vision despite the pleading and outcry, they will have stripped away far too much fun, and the time invested will not be worth the effort anymore.

You seem very upset with the changes and some emotion behind your words; but what exactly is bothering you about them, can you give quantitative and qualitative data to represent what your problems are?

I play ESO for the "fun" of it, an emotional response. These sweeping changes are not fun. So yes, my reaction is an emotional one.

These changes will have a very negative affect on middle tier players like myself. I've spent endless hours over the last 2 years working on rotations. 40-45k dps is the best I can do on a 6 mil dummy using Siroria, MS, Maelstrom staff, and cheese food. Put me in a raid situation where I'm dealing with mechanics, deaths, etc., and I'm about a 25 - 30k dps player. I've spent several hours testing dps on the PTS. I'm seeing about a 7-10k drop in dps. I work hard to be at the middle to lower tier on the vet trial progression groups I'm in. This will likely push me out of those groups as I hate the feeling of being a progressive hindrance. I worked for months trying to beat vMA. I finally did it with at pet sorc build. The gutting of AOE's and the Twilight pretty much killed the entire build. Yes, the Twilight was a bit OP...but the Sorc CLASS was not, so this change alone just feels punitive (an emotional sentiment shared by many people I know in the game).

Now you can cynically tell me to "git gud" as much as you want, but I'm as "gud" as I'm going to get. The totality of the gutting of AOE's, sustain through increased cost, significant decrease in dps and survivability, is a gut punch to players like myself. After 2-1/2 years of trying to improve and finally achieving a level of success, I feel like much of much my effort has been compromised. And for what? Balance? I play games to regain a sense of fun, control, and power I have lost in my life. These changes are likely to have a huge impact on the gains I've worked hard to achieve. So yes, I'm emotional.

I know my "emotional" response won't register a tick with the devs of this game. No one will care. But I'm far from alone in this regard. So I thought it was worth making a statement.

Yeah, bro, I worked a lot too to get to 45k on magNB and then they gutted it like a fish while trying to nerf stamblade (and failing in that), and also decreased performance so that in trial a lot of light attacks simply won't register. Not that I greatly wanted to play magplar, but I re-purposed my healer templar to dps just to continue to run with my progression groups, and now they gutted it too. Oh well, I can adapt, and roll out stamdps now, but I'm afraid that they will eliminate it too in U24 while revising passives.
    Maybe changes are good once in a year to shake up the meta, but when they turn tables in each patch, it is simply tiresome and depressing. All those undaunted, psijic and guilds skill lines aren't a great fun to level again and again... oh, wait.. :grimace:
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First, let me preface by saying that I don't generally have a problem with how PvE DPS is looking in U23. It's sort of homogeneous, and heavy Direct Damage builds like stamblades and stamdens have taken a back seat to DoT-focused builds, but whatever. I think those are both negative aspects but on the positive side more off-meta builds like 2H/DW, DW/DW, and 2H/2H are far closer to being viable than ever.

My concern specifically is for console players, with two primary considerations:

1. The widening gap between the single-target potential of AoE DoTs and single-target DoTs amplifies the need to swap setups between fights, especially between trash pulls and boss fights, but also between add-heavy boss fights and pure single-target boss fights. As an example, consider that parses right now indicate that the Master's Bow is outperforming the Maelstrom Bow in single-target encounters, but the Maelstrom Bow is superior in AoE-heavy encounters. Or that skills like Caltrops or Liquid Lightning or Winter's Revenge or Noxious Breath have essentially been rendered useless in single-target fights but will still be quite desirable in AoE encounters. On PC, this is fine; we have nice add-ons like AlphaGear and DressingRoom and can easily swap setups with the press of a button. This is going to further widen the gap between console and PC players.
    2. Especially on magicka DPS builds, the direction of U23 leans heavily towards loading up with a bunch of newly buffed single-target DoTs. The biggest parses I've seen across the board on magicka, from magden to magplar to magsorc, are all essentially all-DoT builds. On magdens I'm seeing: Flame Reach, Fetcher Infection, Soul Trap, Degeneration, Scalding Rune, Unstable Wall, Barbed Trap, etc. These all-DoT, no spammable rotations are much more difficult to execute than the traditional spammable-oriented rotations we've had (with Elemental Weapon or Screaming Cliffracer or Force Pulse, etc.). And again, on PC this is fine, we have nice add-ons like S'rendarr and Action Duration Reminder and many more that make it pretty trivial to track a mostly dynamic "rotation" built around 7 or 8 DoTs. But again, on console, it's going to be a problem. The built-in buff tracker is rudimentary at best and has not evolved in any noticeable way since its introduction. So again here I see another place where all but the most skilled console players will lag behind their PC counterparts simply because the combat QoL tools in the base game are, frankly, garbage compared to the features that have been available in add-ons for years.

I'm not really sure how to solve either of these problems but I thought it was worth speaking up on behalf of console players who largely are not able to test on PTS.

I do have a few suggestions:
    1. Dial back the nerfs on AoE DoTs a bit. You seem to have settled on some "standard" for how those DoTs should function but IMO the standard is off-target.
    2. Put some actual work into the base-game buff tracker. It is woefully inadequate when compared to tools like S'rendarr, Action Duration Reminder, etc.

As an alternative to #1, it would be great to see a base game combat QoL feature that allowed for quick-swaps for gear and skills.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    First, let me preface by saying that I don't generally have a problem with how PvE DPS is looking in U23. It's sort of homogeneous, and heavy Direct Damage builds like stamblades and stamdens have taken a back seat to DoT-focused builds, but whatever. I think those are both negative aspects but on the positive side more off-meta builds like 2H/DW, DW/DW, and 2H/2H are far closer to being viable than ever.

My concern specifically is for console players, with two primary considerations:

1. The widening gap between the single-target potential of AoE DoTs and single-target DoTs amplifies the need to swap setups between fights, especially between trash pulls and boss fights, but also between add-heavy boss fights and pure single-target boss fights. As an example, consider that parses right now indicate that the Master's Bow is outperforming the Maelstrom Bow in single-target encounters, but the Maelstrom Bow is superior in AoE-heavy encounters. Or that skills like Caltrops or Liquid Lightning or Winter's Revenge or Noxious Breath have essentially been rendered useless in single-target fights but will still be quite desirable in AoE encounters. On PC, this is fine; we have nice add-ons like AlphaGear and DressingRoom and can easily swap setups with the press of a button. This is going to further widen the gap between console and PC players.
    2. Especially on magicka DPS builds, the direction of U23 leans heavily towards loading up with a bunch of newly buffed single-target DoTs. The biggest parses I've seen across the board on magicka, from magden to magplar to magsorc, are all essentially all-DoT builds. On magdens I'm seeing: Flame Reach, Fetcher Infection, Soul Trap, Degeneration, Scalding Rune, Unstable Wall, Barbed Trap, etc. These all-DoT, no spammable rotations are much more difficult to execute than the traditional spammable-oriented rotations we've had (with Elemental Weapon or Screaming Cliffracer or Force Pulse, etc.). And again, on PC this is fine, we have nice add-ons like S'rendarr and Action Duration Reminder and many more that make it pretty trivial to track a mostly dynamic "rotation" built around 7 or 8 DoTs. But again, on console, it's going to be a problem. The built-in buff tracker is rudimentary at best and has not evolved in any noticeable way since its introduction. So again here I see another place where all but the most skilled console players will lag behind their PC counterparts simply because the combat QoL tools in the base game are, frankly, garbage compared to the features that have been available in add-ons for years.

I'm not really sure how to solve either of these problems but I thought it was worth speaking up on behalf of console players who largely are not able to test on PTS.

I do have a few suggestions:
    1. Dial back the nerfs on AoE DoTs a bit. You seem to have settled on some "standard" for how those DoTs should function but IMO the standard is off-target.
    2. Put some actual work into the base-game buff tracker. It is woefully inadequate when compared to tools like S'rendarr, Action Duration Reminder, etc.

As an alternative to #1, it would be great to see a base game combat QoL feature that allowed for quick-swaps for gear and skills.

That console aspect is a very valid point. I've treid to push them to improve the experience on consoles for a while now, without any substantial success.

Especially the ingame bufftracker is an abomination... I mean get one decent developer on it for a few days and it could be improved way beyond what it can do right now. I even offered to help them with that, but that was just a desperate move...

PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The werewolf changes are only going to kill variety, I don't like any of them. My favourite build is Embershield + Storm Master + Ilambris. It's nothing OP but fun to play.

If werewolf is a problem in PvP or particularly under 50 PvP, then all you need to do is add a debuff, or multiple debuffs, to Battle Spirit, that's it. You didn't need to change all the skills for that, what a waste of dev time.

You only kill a playstyle and just make people like me not want to play the game as much.

If you want to nerf them, then just nerf them with battle spirit. There is nothing OP about werewolf in PvE content.
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    To put it in a simple way..this patch just sucks af....
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tthhyyss wrote: »

Counterpoint: this patch is the best one since I started to play, 5 years ago, this patch rocks "af"....
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭

Counterpoint: this patch is the best one since I started to play, 5 years ago, this patch rocks "af"....

I play from Beta too... i just don't spend as much time on the forum as you do.. And i can understand your opinion, it looks great indeed for "questers"...
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

I play from Beta too... i just don't spend as much time on the forum as you do.. And i can understand your opinion, it looks great indeed for "questers"...

Why can't we have a discussion that does not lead to insult over here?

tenor.gif?itemid=5103046
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    yhddkdpdeodn.png

Degeneration is my favourite skill now.
    Unstable blockade feels nice and looks nice
    Eruption feels weak for the cost
    Barbed trap feels super nice but would be nice to have a mag alternative *cough* fire rune *cough*
    Combustion makes my sustain much easier with less spell sym casts aka allowing me to actually play

High elf Spell Recharge feels useless except niche situations

MagDK still feels flat without an execute in execute but bloodthirsty does make up a small bit of it

Double bloody mara hits PvE pretty hard, is there a plan for gold food that does the same buff as live because bright-throat in PvE is silly.

Can you share your full skill bars? Which skill you dropped for degeneration?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=5103046

Many confuse insults for ad hominem, it's sad but true; Please keep discussions to the point and of the subject, otherwise it's just fluff clogging the forums making it harder to actually get constructive opinions; furthurmore, if you have no context or experience in a subject you are entitled to your own opinion, but please leave it out as it doesn't add much to the discussion.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kawall wrote: »
    yhddkdpdeodn.png

Barbed trap feels super nice but would be nice to have a mag alternative *cough* fire rune *cough*
    Combustion makes my sustain much easier with less spell sym casts aka allowing me to actually play

MagDK still feels flat without an execute in execute but bloodthirsty does make up a small bit of it

Double bloody mara hits PvE pretty hard, is there a plan for gold food that does the same buff as live because bright-throat in PvE is silly.

Backbar
    Unstable Blockade, Dengeration, Barbed Trap, Spell sym, Eruption, and Standard of Might
    Frontbar
    Engulfing Flames, Flames of Oblivion, Inner Magelight ( I hate this skill ), Molten Whip, Burning Embers and Shooting Star
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yhddkdpdeodn.png

Backbar
    Unstable Blockade, Dengeration, Barbed Trap, Spell sym, Eruption, and Standard of Might
    Frontbar
    Engulfing Flames, Flames of Oblivion, Inner Magelight ( I hate this skill ), Molten Whip, Burning Embers and Shooting Star

In an actual fight if I need a shield I would drop spell sym
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=5103046

Why are you interfering? it also takes a useless spot on this page... And a big one cause you you needed room to post your idol along with it. And where exactly is the insult???? Calling someone a quester is an insult????? You make something out of nothing.. Calm your t i t s Timberlake... djeez
    Edited by tthhyyss on July 15, 2019 3:00PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @tthhyyss Many confuse insults for ad hominem, it's sad but true; Please keep discussions to the point and of the subject, otherwise it's just fluff clogging the forums making it harder to actually get constructive opinions; furthurmore, if you have no context or experience in a subject you are entitled to your own opinion, but please leave it out as it doesn't add much to the discussion.
    Why are you interfering? it also takes a useless spot on this page... And a big one cause you you needed room to post your idol along with it. And where exactly is the insult???? Calling someone a quester is an insult????? You make something out of nothing.. Calm your t i t s Timberlake... djeez

this is the insult-
    i just don't spend as much time on the forum as you do..

basically saying since you post less than me, you are better than me, @tthhyyss. sort of a passive aggressive thing to do by the way.

and by saying the game looks food for "questers" like that is a bad thing or is what i am. i have almost 200 days ingame time, most of that is in pug 4 man dungeons, that is what i find the most fun.

lastly, you seem to be using ellipses a lot, makes you look like you have no idea what you are saying or that you are scared to finish a thought, maybe try to use them less?

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 15, 2019 3:10PM
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    yhddkdpdeodn.png

Backbar
    Frontbar

Spell symmetry and no shield or healing? So a dummy build. On live i use same front bar, but on back bar woe, eruption, harness, channeled, inner and standard. And i'm really torn to where to fit degeneration. Obviously unstable will be better than woe, is it still worth to use eruption?
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    @tthhyyss Many confuse insults for ad hominem, it's sad but true; Please keep discussions to the point and of the subject, otherwise it's just fluff clogging the forums making it harder to actually get constructive opinions; furthurmore, if you have no context or experience in a subject you are entitled to your own opinion, but please leave it out as it doesn't add much to the discussion.

this is the insult-

basically saying since you post less than me, you are better than me, @tthhyyss. sort of a passive aggressive thing to do by the way.

and by saying the game looks food for "questers" like that is a bad thing or is what i am. i have almost 200 days ingame time, most of that is in pug 4 man dungeons, that is what i find the most fun.

lastly, you seem to be using ellipses a lot, makes you look like you have no idea what you are saying or that you are scared to finish a thought, maybe try to use them less?

I can only say that it was not intended as an insult, if it came on to you that way, i appoligize... nuff said.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

this is the insult-

I can only say that it was not intended as an insult, if it came on to you that way, i appoligize... nuff said.

k
  • Nyqwont
    Nyqwont
    ✭✭
    ZOS - here's your tl;dl player feedback:
    your 'changes' (won't use the n word) make no sense, frustrate most players and generally decrease player enjoyment. They make the game worse.
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    On my magicka necromancer, I can't re-summon the Skeletal Mage once I'm in combat.

I was trying to do some test parses on a 6mil dummy in my home when I noticed the problem. Whenever I tried to re-summon the Mage while in combat, I would get a "target immune" error message and the Mage would fail to appear. I was, however, able to always summon the Mage out of combat. If I summoned him before I started my parse, the Mage would persist and deal damage for the remainder of its 16 sec duration. Unfortunately, I still encountered the same summoning problem and error message once I tried to re-summon it while engaged in combat.

P.S. There were a couple of other problems that I noticed, but I'm not sure if they're related. For one, I was also never able to re-apply Barbed Trap once engaged in combat. It suffered from the same problems as my Skeletal Mage. I could apply it before combat--and it would deal damage and give me Minor Force for its remainder--but would fail to do so with any subsequent attempts while in combat.
    Also--I was never able to activate my Boneyard synergy. I constantly received the notifier that the synergy was available, but pressing X did nothing.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yhddkdpdeodn.png

Backbar
    Frontbar

Spell symmetry and no shield or healing? So a dummy build. On live i use same front bar, but on back bar woe, eruption, harness, channeled, inner and standard. And i'm really torn to where to fit degeneration. Obviously unstable will be better than woe, is it still worth to use eruption?

I haven't tested soul trap but I do believe it will be better than eruption since it affects 6 targets and its a dot so it's movable.
    Take off inner on backbar, there is a bug that makes your mag less on your frontbar and your frontbar is more time than backbar so take degen in that spot. harness you can switch out for spell sym if you arent going to be taking damage otherwise that's perf.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • FatelessLava
    FatelessLava
    ✭✭✭
    On my magicka necromancer, I can't re-summon the Skeletal Mage once I'm in combat.

I was trying to do some test parses on a 6mil dummy in my home when I noticed the problem. Whenever I tried to re-summon the Mage while in combat, I would get a "target immune" error message and the Mage would fail to appear. I was, however, able to always summon the Mage out of combat. If I summoned him before I started my parse, the Mage would persist and deal damage for the remainder of its 16 sec duration. Unfortunately, I still encountered the same summoning problem and error message once I tried to re-summon it while engaged in combat.

Also having the same problem with the Mage @mpicklesster
    When we were discussing it we both ended up wearing the new elemental succession set right? It might be that set that’s bugging out. I wish there were more people who could also confirm this with the new set.
    It might have to do with the procing of Succession that’s bugging it out.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    I pray the camera revert for jabs on Templar makes it back to live...was much more intuitive and has been the culprit of so much missing having to swing from a different balance point
  • Ashjunkie
    Ashjunkie
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't there a way to just nerf people while they are in cyrodil since it is the PVPers that seem to complain about the power of classes the most instead of messing w/ the PVErs as well? The proposed changes to our pet sorcs seems more painful than any of the previous patches... and the orbs. THE ORBS!!!??
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashjunkie wrote: »
    Isn't there a way to just nerf people while they are in cyrodil since it is the PVPers that seem to complain about the power of classes the most instead of messing w/ the PVErs as well? The proposed changes to our pet sorcs seems more painful than any of the previous patches... and the orbs. THE ORBS!!!??

All they had to do was add a bs debuff that nerfs the damage of pets by an additional 50% in pvp and all of the pet nerfs could be reverted. Like tf.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on July 16, 2019 6:11PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashjunkie wrote: »

The nerfs are not only because of pvp. Pve dps is crazy high compared to what it used to be and pve healers complained about not feeling needed.