The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new item sets and general itemization improvements in Update 23. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios with new or existing item sets, let us know what you think!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 8, 2019 3:22PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chokethorn (small percent to proc on a heal activation) and Maw of the Infernal (small percent to proc on a light/heavy attack) have weird, low percentage, random conditional procs that create wild discrepancies in performance.

Please consider changing them in the same way you changed Overwhelming Surge:
    Overwhelming Surge
    OLD: When you activate a Class ability, you have a 15% chance to surround yourself in a torrent that deals 1892 Shock Damage to the closest enemy within 12 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    NEW: When you deal damage with a Class ability, you have a 33% chance to surround yourself with a torrent that deals 1040 Shock Damage to enemies within 12 meters of you every 1 second for 6 seconds. 15% of the damage you deal this way is restored to you as Magicka. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on July 9, 2019 3:54AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please buff The Worm's Raiment, aka the Worm Cult set, to 5%, so that it continues to have half the benefit of Seducer's.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buff all older low proc % sets
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Elemental sucession set is still super useless !

Anything that by simple arithmetic is inferior to Julianos is poorly thought through.
  • gmap516
    gmap516
    ✭✭
    Are you going to buff Master's (vDSA) staff since clench is losing a good portion of its upfront damage and is already getting cheaper?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veiled Heritance got obliterated. We all know it needed minor adjustment but you guys tossed it right in the garbage.

Why not something like this:

When you bash an enemy, gain 100 weapon damage for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veiled heritance is a waste of gold mats and transmutation stones now, unlike other set reworks it was obliterated.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seventh Legion Brute is still too strong.
    It is easy to use and the effect is over power.
    5 item bonus of Seventh Legion Brute needs to be changed to 250 Weapon Damage and 250 Health Recovery.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with a lot of changes to abilities many "ability alternating weapons" should get a look at and maybe restored their 1 piece bonus:

For example:
    vMA restro: restro mag every 4 sec if crit healed but the hot is now only 5 sec
    vDSA destro: increase initial damage but it seems they wanted to make the skill more a dot skill
    brp bow: how does it perform after the damage increase on the skill?

and so on..

Also HYPE:
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus.
    Now i can finally sleep well again <3
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Veiled Heritance got obliterated. We all know it needed minor adjustment but you guys tossed it right in the garbage.

Why not something like this:

When you bash an enemy, gain 100 weapon damage for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

Your suggestion is OP.
    Though, Veiled Heritance is trash.
  • fboostb16_ESO
    fboostb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you start with the sets that mix lines of magicka and stamina like Undaunted Unweaver/Infiltrator?

Why is a non-meta set like Overwhelming Surge getting nerfed so hard?

Why is nobody looking at the meta sets like AY, Relenquen and Siroria and giving them a *slight* nerf, maybe 4% so more sets are viable options?
    This would actually reduce power creep, the other set changes seem quite random.

Certain set with very specific proc conditions would benefit from procing off of more effects/attacks. "When you deal Critical Damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack..." on a stamina set, so maybe never.

Sets that provide named buffs as a five piece are almost never worth it. Changing those to a simple buff that is both weaker and not in the minor/major buff family might make them more viable.

On the plus side I tried the new Elemental Succession with Force Shock in the new dungeons and it seemed to work well.

[edit]
    If you have a specific goal in mind like reducing power creep or working on procs and conditions you could let us know so we can offer suggestions towards that.
    [/edit]
    Edited by fboostb16_ESO on July 9, 2019 7:50AM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Seventh Legion Brute set is bugged :

The 350 health regen doesn't appear in the character sheet,while the weapon damage does.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new martial knowledge is awful, come up with a better bonus.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the change to Destro Clench can we get a change to Master Destro Staff set piece? You have significantly reduced the cost of the skill so a 30% cost reduction from the set has little value. Maybe increase the 2k damage?

PS not a fan of the removal of the stun from Lightning Staff
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • kimjovikenb16_ESO
    The Z'en's Redress set is not supplying any damage increase at all, tested on target dummies of different variety.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the changes to cost reduction you missed to change some sets like Worm's Raiment and very important Hircine's Veneer. Hircine's Veneer could use a buff anyway.

Furthermore, regarding itemization in general, Sieges don't stack. This is a major pain point for a long time now. Please make sieges stack.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »

The 350 health regen doesn't appear in the character sheet,while the weapon damage does.

Can confirm. 100% bugged.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please rework the Master/MA/Asylum/BRP weapons, 95% are useless and should be looked over. Especially with this update since so many abilities are changing drastically.

Same with Monster/Undaunted sets, not much is needed for something like Nerien’eth to become useful.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    I am so happy that your power has been reduced to nerf my builds, it has an easy solution stop paying the subscription and change game, I regret all the money I have dumped into this game but well it is always the same. Now that I pay a subscription I have no excuse to not pay for another game.
    Other sets that increase damage like hunding rage have not been nerfed and when someone has done an interrupt in pvp I have never done an interrupt in my life.
    Is a shame to have dumped more than a 100 euros in this game but I did not know but I could expect It, It is always the same, and if I keep playing will be the same again.
    When I played WoW they put a firewall so I could not play I think I will try again with WoW see if they put a firewall again.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy with most gear set changes. It is nice that you are looking at older sets. However, there is one set that, if possible could be looked at in the next phase of PTS – Tormentor Set.

This is an old and obscure Heavy Armor set that has a huge potential, because it offers interesting effect, that none other sets have.

(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (4 items) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a charge ability, you gain 3642 Physical and Spell Resistance and Taunt the enemy to attack you for 15 seconds.

This set used to work, but currently (on live) it is either bugged or has different proc conditions than the one in the description. In fact there are old topics form like 2016 saying that this set does not work as it should. I have tried to use pretty much all charge abilities / gap closers and none of them proced this set. Could this set be looked at ? It would be so nice if it worked and proced of any gap-closer DMG dealt.
    It would allow for a very interesting tank builds, with additional taunt. Since this update, you are looking at gear sets and change them to offer something unique and distinct, could you look at Tormentor Set ? Any chances for that ?
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the changes to the heavy armor damage sets, they really needed some reeling in. However 7th legion would be much better by adding 5 seconds to the duration. At 10 seconds the set doesn't synergize with Hurricane, one of the best abilities to proc the set's 5 piece bonus.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, folks, for letting me free up a handful of bank slots now that I can decon my Veiled Heritance jewelry and daggers. I'm of course not sure what was so harmful about this set, don't think it was used all that much in PvP, but many PvE builds ran it as alternative to AY, Tzogvin's or the new Lokkestiiz. But since the purpose of this patch is apparently to annoy as many people as possible, I'd say it's a job well done.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on July 9, 2019 1:57PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new martial knowledge is awful, come up with a better bonus.

You are right this set change is awful but i doubt ZOS will pay anymore attention.

I feel bad for players, giving feedback every PTS but ZOS slammed them all.
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    Sarousse wrote: »

Can confirm. 100% bugged.

Yep just tested it myself on multiple characters, health regen part don't proc
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given the change to Destro Clench can we get a change to Master Destro Staff set piece? You have significantly reduced the cost of the skill so a 30% cost reduction from the set has little value. Maybe increase the 2k damage?

PS not a fan of the removal of the stun from Lightning Staff

With nerf to Blockade, can we get buff to vMA staff? 😅

Ability altering weapons are already strong, lets wait for more testing and PTS cycles.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Z'en's Redress set is not supplying any damage increase at all, tested on target dummies of different variety.

Yup. Zen's Eye has no damage and has no apparent visual effect either, it shows on enemy debuffs but an indicator... maybe an eye... would help. Thanks.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any DK tested Seventh yet? Can it be proc'd by spikey-back skill? Volatile Armor was it?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    This is either a bug report or me needing additional clarification on how Dro'Zakar's 5 piece bonus works.

When using this set with the Berserker werewolf morph it doesn't seem to proc from the light attack bleed. When comparing Combat Metrics reports where the only difference is 1 has Dro'Zakar and 1 has something else...Combat Metrics is not reporting a higher weapon damage.
    I'm aware that Combat Metrics won't pick up any applied buff because it's obviously not updated for the PTS, but it still should show a 200 weapon damage difference between fight reports due to proccing off each unique bleed effect on an enemy.

In the fight reports below I am using Slimecraw, Normal Relequen, and either Blood Moon or Dro'Zakar. Dro'Zakar should be showing a max weapon damage value higher than 3932 from the Blood Moon Report. if it procced from the werewolf bleed and acted more like Hunding's Rage and less like Strength of the Automaton where it's an "invisible" buff.

riry30qtn7ie.png
    dyj0epiffk20.png

*edited to fix uploades screenshots

Edited by Skelfish on July 9, 2019 3:09PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overwhelming Surge
    OLD: When you activate a Class ability, you have a 15% chance to surround yourself in a torrent that deals 1892 Shock Damage to the closest enemy within 12 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    NEW: When you deal damage with a Class ability, you have a 33% chance to surround yourself with a torrent that deals 1040 Shock Damage to enemies within 12 meters of you every 1 second for 6 seconds. 15% of the damage you deal this way is restored to you as Magicka. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

This change is very disappointing for this set. Previously it was a pure damage set, with 2 spell damage bonuses, that hit a single target for around 1k dps. It was a good set for melee dps in pvp, particularly magplar since it synergized well with jabs. It wasn't meta or overperforming at all.

This changes makes the 5 piece a weak AOE with a very weak regen bonus.

PROPOSED: When you deal damage with a Class ability, you have a 33% chance to surround yourself in a torrent that deals 1892 Shock Damage to the closest enemy within 12 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

This change retains the flavor of being a pure single target damage set, but no longer procs off buffs like Ritual.