The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slofwnd wrote: »
    what about skill altering weapons that lost utility due to changes of underlying skills? Such as Master resto, Master Destro, Maelstrom bow and Maelstrom destro?
    DPS overall increased, volley hits like truck, blockade hits like truck, light attacks still 25% of magicka builds damage, in what PTS this weapons lost utility?

Maelstrom bow is behind Master now, at least for single target. So yes, wherever people care more about ST (and that's most cases outside of trash fights), few would bother slotting Maelstrom. Or on consoles where people can't swap gear fast.

Yes, but it doesn't change fact that VMA bow is still good second option. Imo it's much harder to get master's bow then VMA bow. I have ton of vma bows but only 1 master's, so it looks justified re-balance.
    And vma inferno staff is still most powerful PVE dps item in the game, dps skyrockets immediately.

Well, about ease of farming... debatable. ^^ I had all Maelstrom sets several times over by the time my first bow have dropped. ^^ And I'm drowning in Master bows, I'm helping guildies and friends with farming them, and every single one I get, I give away. So Master one is more of a group effort than personal achievement.

Plus, I mentioned in another thread, on live both bows are balanced for ST, so where it matters most they were equal by and large.

Well, you are happy if your guild runs vdsa so often. In my circles it's like tough chance to gather such group once in month, since veterans are bored by it and newbies (even with good dps) are somehow afraid of it :) so basically VMA can be grinded solo, with 6% chance of bow drop, while VDSA is quite tedious, especially when everyone wants bow and withdraws from another runs as soon as they got what they need.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ophion wrote: »
    @ZOS_Liforce

So what you intend with the change for Veiled Heritance is that pve groups should not let the tank interupt so that a dd can keep Veiled heritance up using bash every 15 second. Sounds like a great change to make that set so much more usefull...

Worst change, dd have nothing much to do with interrupt so this idea fails
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Changes to Scatter Shot ability on bow greatly (negatively) affect performance of already niche Blackrose Bow. Latest ability tweaking weapon from one of the hardest contents in the game (assuming veteran blackrose) in case its already been forgotten.
    Here is the list:
    • Reduction to damage of ability reduces damage given by the bow
    • Reduction to range of ability reduces maximum potential damage from long shot passive which reaches 12% at 23m (10% at 22m)
    • Most impactful: reduction to range of ability significantly minimizes window to gain maximum duration from the DoT. Based on my testing the DoT reaches maximum of 12s at 21m. That means the window to get 12s that used to be nearly 20m in common PVP situation and 7m in general (with ability range of 28m) is now reduced to 1m.

Side note: The impact of the DoT is also somewhat reduced in relation to other DoTs in game that got greatly buffed. But I guess 'dot from set' doesnt really fall under standards. And bow in general doesnt fall under 'important'

^this set should get looked over. It was crap when it first came out and was tweaked to be slightly less than crap.

It was made bleed damage to bypass double mitigation, now its double mitigated and the dot isn't biffed, and the range reduction makes the dots even smaller.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did the Master 2H axe got nerfed?

i'm hitting my Carve a little less... tooltip 7k, and im roughly 3.5~3.8k average on single target, but 4~4.3k in live.

In live, of course, the more target i swiped, i can hit up to 7k. unfortunately i dont have enough players to test on PTS lol
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master destro is going right into the bank if its not adjusted before live. Its current functionality(spammable) contradicts what the ability is changed into for patch 5.10. (A dot)

Pls consider buffing master restostaff aswell.

Pirate skeleton is grossly overperforming.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please buff The Worm's Raiment, aka the Worm Cult set, to 5%, so that it continues to have half the benefit of Seducer's.

@FrancisCrawford Where are you getting this info from? I heard something about a Seducer buff but I can’t find it in the patch notes.

If it’s true that would make a lot of sense. The change to the cost reduction formula from additive to multiplicative is making cost reduction less effective, so slightly increasing the values would help.

For example, on live server my Breton (7%) Sorc (5%) wearing False Gods (8%) and 5 light armor (10%), I currently have 30% cost reduction, so I spend 70% the tooltip cost of spells. Worm reduces that to 66%, meaning effectively it makes everything 4/70 = 5.7% cheaper.

On PTS the same build spends (93% x 95% x 92% x 90% = ) 73% the tooltip cost of spells. And adding Worm reduces this to 73% x 96% = 70%, so Worm makes everything 4% cheaper.

Basically Worm is about 30% weaker on PTS than on live just from the formula change, so increasing it to 5% to maintain half the strength of Seducer would not be unreasonable. Obviously Hircine’s should see the same change.

Note this change affected all of the other sources of cost reduction negatively as well, Bretons, Redguard, and Imperials are all slightly weaker than before, False Gods, Alteration Mastery, Battlefield Acrobat and Vicious Ophidian are all weaker than before, and the cost reduction bonuses from Light and Medium armor are also weaker than before. Maybe the buff to Consuming Trap will be enough to offset this, or the new Degeneration for Magicka builds, but just interesting information when comparing different races or sets.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 12, 2019 7:56PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't VMA weapons get a 1 piece bonus? You touched them without updating them to fit into your new Arena weapon mold?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please buff The Worm's Raiment, aka the Worm Cult set, to 5%, so that it continues to have half the benefit of Seducer's.

@FrancisCrawford Where are you getting this info from? I heard something about a Seducer buff but I can’t find it in the patch notes.

If it’s true that would make a lot of sense. The change to the cost reduction formula from additive to multiplicative is making cost reduction less effective, so slightly increasing the values would help.

For example, on live server my Breton (7%) Sorc (5%) wearing False Gods (8%) and 5 light armor (10%), I currently have 30% cost reduction, so I spend 70% the tooltip cost of spells. Worm reduces that to 66%, meaning effectively it makes everything 4/70 = 5.7% cheaper.

On PTS the same build spends (93% x 95% x 92% x 90% = ) 73% the tooltip cost of spells. And adding Worm reduces this to 73% x 96% = 70%, so Worm makes everything 4% cheaper.

Basically Worm is about 30% weaker on PTS than on live just from the formula change, so increasing it to 5% to maintain half the strength of Seducer would not be unreasonable. Obviously Hircine’s should see the same change.

Note this change affected all of the other sources of cost reduction negatively as well, Bretons, Redguard, and Imperials are all slightly weaker than before, False Gods, Alteration Mastery, Battlefield Acrobat and Vicious Ophidian are all weaker than before, and the cost reduction bonuses from Light and Medium armor are also weaker than before. Maybe the buff to Consuming Trap will be enough to offset this, or the new Degeneration for Magicka builds, but just interesting information when comparing different races or sets.

Yep, and DKs 25% poison cost reduction passive is massively nerfed too. Somebody exploited cost in one place, and now all sources of cost reduction must suffer (despite in this sources reaching zero cost can't be done even close).
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hidden in a spoiler, where the change to cost reductions is explained:

Restoring Spirit: Increased the cost at Rank II to 5% from 4%.
    Unholy Knowledge: Increased the cost at Rank II to 6% from 5%.
    Vampire Lord set: Increased to 6% from 5%.
    Armor of the Seducer set: Increased to 10% from 8%.
    Eyes of Mara set: Increased to 15% from 12%.

ZOS forgot to change Worm's and Hircine's.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina and Tank sets are useless, not good enough to drop for any Fair set i.e. Hundings, Bone Pirate, even for tanks torag or PD are better than these sets.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 12, 2019 11:05PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NM: Ninjaed
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 12, 2019 11:24PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, and DKs 25% poison cost reduction passive is massively nerfed too. Somebody exploited cost in one place, and now all sources of cost reduction must suffer (despite in this sources reaching zero cost can't be done even close).

I feel a bit guilty because I'm the one who used and posted about the 62% cost reduction that Redguards in 7 medium could get on poison bow skills. (That's the only case in the whole history of the game that I've wondered whether Alcast actually adapted one of my build suggestions, although I don't think he took it to the Redguard extreme.)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eternal warrior set is now worthless. It has lost its unique effect and is now plain and unfun.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like new Veiled Heritance. It feels too situational. Old set was a lot more reliable and it's a shame that reliability was lost in transition.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    you did buff master dw

What? No they didn't.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wihuri wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    you did buff master dw

What? No they didn't.

They did raise damage per tick from 1350 to 1600.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal warrior set is now worthless. It has lost its unique effect and is now plain and unfun.

100 ultimate once per minute with capability of burst ultimate regen without waiting a minute, it is actually OP. 100/60 = 1.667 ulti per second + 4 tanking set bonuses. (health, minor aegis, and 2*4% healing received). This is more powerful then hide of werewolf set (max 1 ultimate per second, in practice lower, more within 0.7-0.9) or akaviri dragonguard (250*0.15)=37.5 ultimate economy once per horn. Let's say ulti gen is 4 per second, 210/4=52.5. So akaviri is 37.5 ultimate in 52.5 seconds = 0.71 ulti per second.
    Conclusion - Eternal warrior will be best ulti generation set in the game with 2x efficiency in comparison to other sets. Yeah, you need to go to 25% HP, well, then it will be more interesting and fun for tank ;)

And in PVP on DK it will be basically second battle roar within few seconds...
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on July 14, 2019 3:55PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

100 ultimate once per minute with capability of burst ultimate regen without waiting a minute, it is actually OP. 100/60 = 1.667 ulti per second + 4 tanking set bonuses. (health, minor aegis, and 2*4% healing received). This is more powerful then hide of werewolf set (max 1 ultimate per second, in practice lower, more within 0.7-0.9) or akaviri dragonguard (250*0.15)=37.5 ultimate economy once per horn. Let's say ulti gen is 4 per second, 210/4=52.5. So akaviri is 37.5 ultimate in 52.5 seconds = 0.71 ulti per second.
    Conclusion - Eternal warrior will be best ulti generation set in the game with 2x efficiency in comparison to other sets. Yeah, you need to go to 25% HP, well, then it will be more interesting and fun for tank ;)

This set will remain bad because of 2nd and 5th piece bonus as 4% Healing Taken.

Healing taken bonus should be changed to Max Health or Stam and proc condition shall change to 30% instead of 25%

Many will debate X,Y,Z but this set will under-perform comparing what we have for tanks.

No chance to use this in current state as PVE tank. Tanks meta is limited to few sets since ages

Every patch ZOS seems to be failed in giving something more useful than Alkosh and Ebon
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 14, 2019 7:57PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »

This set will remain bad because of 2nd and 5th piece bonus as 4% Healing Taken.

Healing taken bonus should be changed to Max Health or Stam and proc condition shall change to 30% instead of 25%

Many will debate X,Y,Z but this set will under-perform comparing what we have for tanks.

No chance to use this in current state as PVE tank. Tanks meta is limited to few sets since ages

Every patch ZOS seems to be failed in giving something more useful than Alkosh and Ebon

We just received Yolnakrin which is absolutely amazing and must have set, while being very friendly to tank. Well, it's actually MOST friendly to tank group support set in the game.

New eternal warrior won't shift high-end meta, but it is definitely more useful then 90% of other heavy sets, and has very interesting proc condition if you want to purposefully proc it, so I can't call it plain and "unfun".
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We just received Yolnakrin which is absolutely amazing and must have set, while being very friendly to tank. Well, it's actually MOST friendly to tank group support set in the game.

New eternal warrior won't shift high-end meta, but it is definitely more useful then 90% of other heavy sets, and has very interesting proc condition if you want to purposefully proc it, so I can't call it plain and "unfun".

Yolnakrin its not amazing but fair set, 129 WP/SP is not making much difference and its still not run by Main Tanks.

Ebon and Alkosh still one of best combination for dungeons and even trials (ebon help melee dps with extra health)

You can run Yolnakrin on off-tank (if running one).

eternal warrior will remain poor set and may give more value on PVP as Back Bar but what a failure in PVE.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 15, 2019 4:35AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yolnakrin its not amazing but fair set, 129 WP/SP is not making much difference and its still not run by Main Tanks.

Ebon and Alkkosh still one of best combination for dungeons and even trials (ebon help melee dps with extra health)

You can run Yolnakrin on 2nd healer or off-tank (if running one).

eternal warrior will remain poor set and may give more value on PVP as Back Bar but what a failure in PVE.

I really don't wanna derail into discussing well-established tanking meta and by "must have" I mean must have in backpack, obviously we use different sets depending on particular boss, but if this standard stack and 2 tanks setup yolnaclaw bring more group dps then torug for example and it's bonus is more reliable in terms of uptime then bonus from power assault, so as for me it is 3rd best set in terms of group value (after ebon and alkosh). If this is not amazing set, then I don't know what's amazing.

Eternal was useless aside from cheese, now it is best ultimate generation set in the game, I don't know why you call it "failure". As for the PVP there are hundreds of builds, and you may already have another sets for both front and backbar and eternal might be a good permanent 5-piece part of the build. I personally see great potential in it, at least on DK. Just imagine combining it with bloodspawn and using second corrosive armor just few seconds after first corrosive expires. Or 2 leaps in a row when outnumbered.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5 pc bonus on Destruction Mastery is under-powered compared to Crafty Alfiq and Necropotence. Crafty Alfiq doesn't even have a conditional requirement and is still stronger! Destruction Mastery needs either an outright buff to the numbers or some kind of rework into a proc set that can carry over to backbar.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on July 14, 2019 9:51PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ebon and Alkkosh still one of best combination for dungeons and even trials (ebon help melee dps with extra health)

On a healer? You do realize that you have to keep taunting stuff to make Yolnahkriin work? Even off tanks don't always have something to taunt, so it's definitely a main tank set. It is ran by MTs.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭

On a healer? You do realize that you have to keep taunting stuff to make Yolnahkriin work? Even off tanks don't always have something to taunt, so it's definitely a main tank set. It is ran by MTs.

You can always spot the "I only play dps" guy. Just keep me alive, wear all the sets and make my damage big number. I dont care how it works!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On a healer was mistakenly written anyway iis corrected.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 15, 2019 4:43AM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Excelsus wrote: »

You can always spot the "I only play dps" guy. Just keep me alive, wear all the sets and make my damage big number. I dont care how it works!

No doubt forum is a salty place, it was not intended to write but some have a habit to put salt!
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healing Mage set was made with the previous Grand Healing in mind :
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 2% Healing Done
    (5 items) When you use an area of effect heal ability, you reduce the Weapon Damage of all enemies within 10 meters of you by 430 for 3 seconds.

Now that Grand Healing has been changed the 5 pieces bonus should also be changed accordingly, either make it work on AOE HoTs or increase the duration to 8s.

Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing Mage set was made with the previous Grand Healing in mind :
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 2% Healing Done
    (5 items) When you use an area of effect heal ability, you reduce the Weapon Damage of all enemies within 10 meters of you by 430 for 3 seconds.

Now that Grand Healing has been changed the 5 pieces bonus should also be changed accordingly, either make it work on AOE HoTs or increase the duration to 8s.

Second this and can we also add spell damage to the tool-tip. Would make it interesting in pvp and would cause less confusion on newer players who think that it will not reduce the damage of bosses because it is a spell.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ever heared of tavas favor?
    up to 3 Ult / sec...so eternal warrior is still way weaker than tavas in the right situations.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackrose Bow hasn’t been adjusted to new Scatter Shot, it accidentally got shadow nerfed because of max range that got changed from 28m to 22m. Now, max duration dot is obtainable only if you are 20m - 22m.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP