The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While Defensive Posture was finally updated to refelect stamina abilities too after all those years, why not update Nikulas Armor too to affect all projectiles.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Pillar of nirn set although it's welcomed that unused sets are getting s buff the core issue why this set was underused stays the same , the issue with this set is the proc execution (same as Widowmaker) 1s of the Rock/Spore appearing means anyone just walks out of it . To make those sets more used the proc should follow similiar behaviour to that of Red Mountain as it's easy to proc,deals moderate damage and can be dodged,out ranged or mitigated by block/shield as you can see the volcano appearing. With damage adjustment in the favour of
    higher proc hit chance.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrote this for my thread about Z’en’s Redress, but I’d like to leave it here as well:

Pretty disappointed that the set effect was cut in half today. Not sure why the Magicka DPS group buff set cannot be as powerful as the Stamina DPS buff set (Alkosh). At maximum 5% damage taken (4% DPS since additive with other debuffs), this is now only about 2/3 as effective as Alkosh (around 6% group DPS) AND only applies to a single enemy, while being more difficult to use.

If the effect was determined to be too strong with a maximum of 10% (5 DoTs at 2% each), maybe it could have been changed to 2% per DoT capped at 3 or 4 DoTs (so theoretical 6-8% damage, or about 4.5-6% actual group DPS gain against a single enemy, after ramp-up with perfect uptime). This would make the set a little more user-friendly to match its reduced power cap. I’m also not clear on how it was determined that the set was too powerful, since nobody has been able to test it on PTS, and any uptime estimates were purely guesses.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Z’en’s Redress is nerf down a way too much, you shall consider dot damage buff upto 8%
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 29, 2019 8:26PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Z’en’s Redress is nerf down a way too much, you shall consider dot damage buff upto 8%

Yes that would be fine, and the 8% would need to be divisible by the number of DoTs, so 4 DoTs that each adds 2% damage. Even 5 DoTs at 1.5% each would be preferable to the 5.1.3 version, but I get the impression integers are preferred at this point for calculations.

It would basically end up equivalent in power to IA (but stackable), but with the limitation that it can only be applied to 1 target and must be used on a damage dealer with several DoTs.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, 5.1.2 was saying "Many item sets introduced or reworked in this update will receive additional balance tweaks in a future PTS patch. These adjustments are intended to better align the sets with power budget standards we’ve established for item sets, and to allow for more counter play (particularly with the resurrection sets)"
    I thought it means resurrection sets will get some tweaks but there is no changes to sets like Hanu in 5.1.3.